Epilogue

Cherry Blossom Tree

1 Year Later

 

Sungjong tapped Suzy lightly on the shoulder and asked, "Are you okay?" 

Suzy looked away from the window and gave him a half-hearted smile, "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" She looked at Sungjong in the eyes for a few moments before looking back out the window. "Why do you keep asking me that?" Suzy turned around in her seat so she was facing Sungjong. 

Sungjong shrugged. "You've been... really quiet lately." More like for the past year. "Just being a good friend." 

Suzy gave him a small smile, "I'm fine." She paused as she looked at the piece of paper in front of her. "Thanks..." 

Sunjong took the piece of paper and teared it into tiny pieces. Suzy gasped and tried to snatch it away from him. Sungjong sighed as he threw it in the air. "Suzy... you need to stop." 

Suzy gave him a puzzled look, "Stop what? It's not like I'm commiting a crime." 

Sungjong rolled his eyes and stood up, "He's not coming back." 

Suzy felt  a squeeze in her heart, "You're so possitive."

"Will you stop playing and joking around. It's getting annoying." Sungjong picked up the pieces of paper from the floor. "Drawing a picture of him doesn't make him come back." 

Suzy didn't reply. She just watched Sungjong as he went and threw it in the bin. He came back and sat next to her, taking her hand in his. Suzy's hand was cold, ice cold. Sungjong was surprise. The house was fairly warm yet her hand was cold. He noticed that she was still wearing the ring. Now that he thought about it, he had never seen her take it off. 

"Why do you still wear it?" Sungjong asked, eyeing the ring.

Suzy shrugged and pulled her hand away, inserting it in her jumper pocket. "I'm going to sleep." Suzy stood up and walked upstairs, leaving Sungjong to watch her back. I don't know why you're hurting yourself, Suzy. He's never coming back. Sungjong thought as he stood up and left. 

Suzy turned all the lights off in her room. She only allowed nature's light through even though it was quite dark outside. It's been raining for the past few days and it's getting colder too as winter is drawing closer each day. She layed in her bed and closed her eyes. Just when she was dozing off, she felt warm hands on her face. 

"She's asleep." Woohyun wispered. "Let's go before we wake her up." 

"She looks so peaceful..." Sungyeol came closer. He watched her as she breathed evenly. 

"Trust me, she isn't when she's awake." Woohyun sighed and sat on the edge of her bed. "She doesn't show any emotion whatsoever." 

Sungyeol looked worried. He regretted letting Myungsoo go. The room was filled with silence as they both watched Suzy sleep. It started raining outside and the raindrops was heard as t hit against the window. Suzy eventually fell asleep, forgetting that there were people present in her room. Sungyeol walked a few steps until he was right in front of her bed. He examined her face since he hasn't her in a long time. If you looked really close, you could see traces on her face where she'd been punch. He still didn't know how she got cuts since Zico only punched her. 

Sungyeol traced his fingers on the faint bruises on her face. She twitched a little. Her eyebrows furrowed and her lips formed a line. You could tell that she wasn't happy. You could tell that she wasn't peaceful and deep down she was hurting. 

Sungyeol couldn't bare to look at her anymore so he turned around and walked towards the door. "I'm going." 

"Where to?" Woohyun stood up, walking towards Sungyeol. 

"Just... somewhere." Sungyeol shrugged and opened the door. 

"Are you going to see Myungsoo?" 

Sungyeol shook his head, "No. I don't know where he is." 

Woohyun frowned, "Take care" 

"You too" Sungyeol smiled before leaving. 

Woohyun looked back at his sister before leaving. Stay strong, Suzy. 

 

"Do you want me to make you breakfast?" Woohyun asked Suzy who was just staring at the clock. 

"No"

"How about coffee?" 

"No"

"Milk?" Woohyun tried again. 

"No"    

Woohyun took a deep breath, "What are you doing today?" 

Suzy blinked for the first time in what seemed like forever, "Nothing"

"Wanna go out?" Woohyun eagerly  asked. 

"No"

"Why not?" 

"Because I don't feel like it"

"But you've been stuck at home for the past week. Don't you get bored?"

"No"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing" Everything. 

"Stop lying" Woohyun grew more and more frustrated. He stood up and walked over to the kitchen, getting a glass of ornage juice. "Here." He held the glass in front of her. "Drink this."

Suzy didn't refuse and accepted the glass. She held it in her hand and didn't touch it. "Drink it." Woohyun instructed her. Suzy looked down at the juice and back at her brother. Woohyun gave her a stern yet worried look. "Please..." 

Suzy sighed and stood up. She handed the glass back to Woohyun and said, "I'm going out." Woohyun immediately took the drink of her and allowed her to go out. 

"You need company?" Woohyun asked after he drank the juice. 

"No" Suzy didn't look back and left. She pulled her hoodie over her head and walked quickly to the park. 

 

The park was quiter than usual. Probably because it was winter. Suzy was glad that it was because it would be peaceful. She gladly took a sit in her usual spot under the tree. This was probably the second time she's visited it. Since she was discharged from the hospital, it was hard for her to look at it. She was scared that the memories would come flooding back and her emotions would take over her. The first time she came, she took a pad and pencil with her. She sat down at the same place and started drawing him. She didn't cry although she was on the verge to. Drawing him made her peaceful but at the same time, it made her shatter into tiny pieces. 

This time, she didn't bring anything with her. She was sitting directly in front of the sun, absorbing all the heat it gave out. She closed her eyes and blocked out everything. She felt a breeze and shivered as it made contact with her skin. She breathed in and out slowly, calming her self down. She didn't feel like crying but she didn't feel like smiling either. 

She could feel something blocking the sun's light and warmth from touching her. She didn't open her eyes and thought that it could have been a cloud passing by. 

But she was wrong. 

"You're in my space." A familiar voice said. 

Suzy's eyebrows furrowed and bit her lip. She didn't want to open her eyes just in case she was just imagining it or she was hallucinating. Before she knew it, a flashback of the first day they met played in her head. You're in my space. That was what she said to him. Before it could drive her insane, she shook her head quite voilently. 

"You're quite stubborn aren't you." The voice said again. 

Suzy bit her lip even harder. That was what she said to him. She clenched her fist and closed her eyes tighter. She felt warm hands on her face and her eyes shot open. She blinked several times, making sure she wasn't imagining it. He smiled and her eyes grew bigger. She bit her lip again which made him frown. 

"You'll cut your lip." He pulled something out from his pocket. Lip balm. He applied it on her lips, leaving Suzy in awe. 

"Myungsoo..." Suzy choked out. 

Myungsoo chuckled, "So you didn't forget me." He kissed her softly on the forehead. That soft touch that she missed. She didn't cry but punch him in the arm instead. Surprise by her attack, Myungsoo pulled his hand away from her face and rubbed his arm. "What was that for!?" 

"For leaving me and turning me into a depress girl who all the fun and happiness from the people around her!" Suzy galred at him. 

"Is that how you treat someone you missed?" Myungsoo raised his eyebrow. 

"Is leaving me how you treat the people you love?" 

Myungsoo smirked, "You said I love you?" 

Suzy gave him a death galre, "You are seriously dead." She flicked him in the head making him fall back on the grass. Suzy quickly sat by his head and pinched his cheeks really hard. An evil smile appeared on her face. He hated people pinching his cheeks. Myungsoo frowned and his eyes became a black hole. 

"You're so childish!" Myungsoo whined as he tried to get Suzy's hand off his cheeks. 

After letting Myungsoo struggle , Suzy chuckled and let go. "I missed you" 

Myungsoo was still not happy at what she did, "Well I didn't." He sat up and stared at her blankly. 

Suzy rolled her eyes, "Look who's childish now" 

"Still you"

"Well, you're stubborn" Suzy stuck her tongue out at him. 

Myungsoo scoffed, "Surrrre." 

Suzy grew annoyed and flicked him in the forehead again. She recieved a cold, threatening glare from Myungsoo. "It's on." A smile played on Myungsoo's lips. 

Before Suzy could do or say anything, Myungsoo's lips made contact with hers. The kiss wasn't intense nor was it gentle. It was sweet and tempting. Myungsoo pulled away and scoffed. "I win." 

"We weren't arguing." 

"I meant, I won you." Myungsoo smiled. Suzy's hands and feet curled up. What he said was sweet but it was greasy. 

"Have you been spending some time with Woohyun before coming over here?" Suzy asked. 

Myungsoo's smile disappeared. "Yeah. It was a... unforgettable experience." Myungsoo leaned against the trunk of the tree.

Suzy layed down, resting her head on his lap. "Where were you?" 

Myungsoo shrugged, "Somewhere." 

Suzy didn't ask anymore questions. She knew Myungsoo wouldn't tell her so there was no point in her bugging him. She didn't even realise that the sun was setting until neither of them spoke. 

Before they knew it, the moon and the stars came out. Suzy smiled as the stars reminded her of a conversation they had. "Remember what you said about the stars?" 

Myungsoo thought about it for a moment, "No." He lied. 

Suzy pouted, "Me too." 

Myungsoo blinked at her a few times before laughing. "You're so adorable!" Suzy smiled innocently at him. "I remember..." 

Suzy gave him a look, "Why did you lie?" 

"Cos I wanted you to tell me but you forgot so I'll tell you if you want." Suzy nodded. Myungsoo looked up at the stars. "There's so many stars..." 

Suzy looked up at the sky. Her eyes lit up, "There's so many people." 

Myungsoo smiled, "In the sky?" He chuckled. 

"No, stupid. On earth." Suzy looked at him. She laughed as she saw his expression. 

"Thanks for ruining the moment." Myungsoo pinched her nose. Suzy stuck her tongue out at him. Silence came again. Myungsoo took Suzy's in hand his. He was surprise that she was wearing the ring. "You wore it?" 

Suzy didn't even look or asked him what he was talking. She knew exactly what he meant. "Yeah. It was your brithday present for me, remember?" 

"But I thought you would habe thrown it away or locked it up in some kind of volt so you woulnd't have to look at it."

"Unlike someone, I appreciate what I'm given." Suzy held their hand up so she could see. "You wore yours too." 

Myungsoo just smiled. His heart was racing suddenly. Suzy caught his attention when she said, "Look, a shooting star!" Myungsoo looked up just i time before it disappeared. "Quick make a wish." Suzy said as she squeezed his hand. 

"Why? I have everything I want and need right here with me." Myungsoo Suzy's hair. 

Suzy smiled, her eyes shrinking as she did. "Same here." 

"Can I ask you something?" Myungsoo was so serious suddenly. 

"Yeah, what is it?" 

"Did you think I was ever going to come back?" 

Suzy looked at the cherry blossom tree and thought about it for a second, "People who love each other end up reuniting. No matter how far apart they are, they will reunite in the end. Love is something that returns." 

"I see my disappearance didn't stop you from reading." Myungsoo looked at the cherry blossom tree too. "This tree just proved what you said." 

Suzy nodded in agreement, "It's also evidence." 

It's amazing how one beautiful tree can bring two different yet similar people together. It's amazing a cherry blossom tree can share it's beauty with love. Just like how the tree is evidence to what Suzy said and how it proved it. Suzy and Myungsoo are also evidence that this tree can indeed bring love between two strangers. They're not just evidence, but they also proved it. 

 

 

 

 

*THIS CHAPTER IS PROOF READ FREE