Chapter 3

Cherry Blossom Tree

It's only been 15 minutes since Myungsoo's family had been at their neighbour's house and Myungsoo was absolutely bored to death. Everytime he would ask his mum if they're going, his mum would pinch him in the arm slightly and tell him off for complaining. On the other hand, his brother seems to be enjoying his time there. That was only because Mrs Bae gave him loads of sweets, different ones everytime. Who knew that this family collected different type of sweets? They offered Myungsoo some but he would kindly reject it. Mrs Bae was about to offer Myungsoo another type of candy when there was a knock on the door and the door magically opened by itself. 

"That must be our son, excuse me for a minute" Mrs Bae smiled as she went over to the door. 

A guy with dark chocolate coloured hair came in. He was giving Myungsoo and his family a smile as he bowed 90 degrees. Myungsoo's parents stood up and greeted him pulling Myungsoo and his older brother with them. Woohyun managed to make eye contact with Myungsoo and it gave him the chills. 

"Hello! Nice to meet you. I'm Woohyun, their son." Woohyun introduced himself. Once again, he manage to make eye contact with Myungsoo. He quickly looked away before he got swallowed up by his scary gaze. 

Mrs Kim introduced themselves as well as introducing their kids. Myungsoo gave a little bow before he turned away. He still didn't know why he was still here. He could have pretented to be sick or something. He hated meeting people. He hated moving in the first place. Apparently, they needed to stay in a better house. The old house was more comfortable, he thought. 

Woohyun looked around the room, he was looking for Suzy. The moment he realised that she wasn't there or joining them, he wanted to throw a tantrum. But he couldn't since there were visitors and he wanted to look like a good boy. He gave his parents a look. His parents knew what it meant. He was asking them were Suzy was. 

"She's upstairs, she's sick." Mrs Bae informed Woohyun.

"Why don't you bring this hot tea for her and see how she's doing" Mr Bae suggested as Mrs Bae handed him a cup of tea. Woohyun nodded and made his way up the stairs, bowing a little to the Kim family. 

 

Woohyun knocked on Suzy's door quietly before entering. He found Suzy lying in bed, sleeping. Sleeping? She can't act to save her life, he thouhgt. He went over to her and sat on her bed. Woohyun waited a while as he watched his little sister 'act'. He then gently shook her shoulders but she wouldn't budge. Maybe she is sleeping, he thought as he pulled the duvet away from Suzy's face. 

"What do you want?" Suzy mumbled. She turned around and found her brother. 

Woohyun handed her the tea as she sat up. "Remember the deal?" 

Suzy took a sip of tea before answering him, "Yes" She took another sip. "But I never promised" 

Woohyun suddenly remembered not being waked up before. "You didn't wake me up!" 

"That's because you would jus probably throw a pillow in my face." Woohyun nodded in agreement. She was right, he would have thrown a pillow in her face. He gave a smile as he pulled Suzy's arm, making her get up. 

"I don't want to!" Suzy whined as she put more weight into her body. 

"It's a chance for you to meet your new boyfriend!" Woohyun teased. 

"Shuuuuut uppppppppp! I don't want one!" Suzy complained loudly. 

Woohyun let go of Suzy's arm and sat on her bed again. "He seems decent. Plus, you both have something in common" 

"And what is that?"

"You both have cold, scary glares. I made eye contact with him before and it looked like he wanted to eat me! It gave me the chills" Woohyun shivered. "Come onnnnnnnnn!" Woohyun tried to persuade his stubborn little sister again. 

Suzy layed back in bed and covered her face with the duvet. "They already think I'm sick!" 

Woohyun, defeated, stormed his way out. "You can forgot about me buying you more strawberry related things!"

"I have Sungjong to buy me all of that!" Suzy pointed out. 

 

Woohyun walked back down the stairs, trying to calm himself down. I really don't know what I'm going to do with you Suzy, he shook in head. Everyone looked at him as he reached the bottom of the staircase. 

"So how's your sister?" Mrs Kim asked. 

"She's better than before" Woohyun smiled reassuring both families. He knew that his parents knew she was faking it but he might as well tell them to make it more realistic. 

Both families went back to their conversation about some finance problem. Myungsoo was watching Woohyun's movements as Woohyun walked over to the kitchen to get a drink. Woohyun looked at him and stopped drinking at once. He gave Myungsoo a smile while Myungsoo stared at him with cold eyes. 

Woohyun went over to him, trying to be friendly. "You remind me of someone!" Woohyun gave Myungsoo a smile. 

"Who?" Myungsoo's low, cold voice sent shivers down Woohyun's back. 

"My sister" He pause, choosing his words carefully incase he offended Myungsoo in some way. "She gives people cold stares as well" 

Myungsoo stared at him, making Woohyun less comfortable. "Is she really sick?" 

"Yes" Woohyun lied. He's confident in lying. It's one of his specialities. 

"Really?" Myungsoo raise his eyebrows, unsatisfied. 

It's like he can see through your soul, Woohyun thought as the hairs on the back of his neck stood up. What's wrong with this kid?

Woohyun changed the subject as he saw the untouched piano. "Hey, do you play any instruments?" 

Myungsoo who looked intersted for once, nodded before he said, "I play the guitar" He followed Woohyun's gaze to the piano. "You play the piano?" 

Woohyun nodded as he got up and went over to the piano, Myungsoo following him. 

 Mrs Bae looked at Woohyun before she spoke, "Didn't you say that Myungsoo could play the guitar?" Mrs Bae asked Mrs Kim. 

Mrs Kim nodded as she looked at Woohyun sitting in front of the piano. "Why don't you play us a song?" 

Woohyun smiled and looked at Myungsoo, "Do you know 'Can You Smile' by Infinite?" 

Myungsoo suddenly remembered Suzy and her humming. He smiled as he nodded. 

Woohyun was surprise when Myungsoo smiled. "Can you sing?"

"I don't know."

"Well, let's find out. Don't worry, I'll sing along with you." 

Woohyun gave Myungsoo the signal before he played the piano. 

In less than no time, the room was filled with melody and angels' voices. 

 

Suzy sat up from her bed when she heard the song. She started to sway along with the melody like how she did when Myungsoo played the song with his guitar. Looks like my brother is showing off again, she thought and a smile appeared on her face. She then heard her brother sing and before she knew it, she started to sing along as well. She stopped when she heard another voice. A voice which sounded familiar. She got up and opened the door so she could hear it clearly. She tried to figure out whose voice the other one belonged to. She was sure that she heard it before. Deep in her thought, she went back inside her room and sorted out her thoughts, thinking about all the people that the voice could be to. 

She couldn't think of anyone. That voice is familiar though, she believed as she looked up at her bedroom ceiling. Woohyun was still playing the piano and angels' voices were dancing with the melody. Before she knew it, she fell asleep. The song was after all, her lullaby. 

 

The song finished and Woohyun gave Myungsoo a satisfying look. Myungsoo, surprising himself, was glad that he came over. Myungsoo made his way back to his seat and held his hand out in front of his brother. Moonsoo automatically gave him a sweety and Myungsoo patted him in the head. 

"Do you and your brother ever fight?" Woohyun asked noticing how Moonsoo obeyed his older brother. 

"Hardly. If we do, it'd be about food and what we'd want to eat for dinner" Myungsoo said as he ate the sweety. 

"I wish I had a little brother like you or Moonsoo" 

"It's fine, take Moonsoo with you. It'd be a pleasure!" Moonsoo frowned at what Myungsoo said. Myungsoo patted him in the head and gave him a smile. 

"Why can't Suzy be like that?" Woohyun said quietly.

"What?" Myungsoo looked at him. He was sure he heard him say Suzy. "I didn't catch what you said." He remembered the childish girl who was eating ice cream before. 

Woohyun shook his head, "I didn't say anything" He tried to cover up his little complaint.

Myungsoo looked at him weirdly. Woohyun took out his phone so he doesn't have to make eye contact with Myungsoo again. 

 

Both families decided to call it a night as they said goodbye to each other. Mrs Bae gave Moonsoo one last sweety and offered Myungsoo one. Myungsoo took it and smiled in return. 

"See you soon!" Woohyun shouted as the Kim family left. Moonsoo turned around and smiled and their parents gave a little nod. Myungsoo, on the other hand, ignored it and kept walking. 

"They're such a nice family. I'm glad they could move in next to us!" Mrs Bae said as she took the tea cups and put it in the sink. 

Mr Bae nodded while Woohyun ignored it and went upstairs. 

He didn't even knock this time as he went straight into Suzy's room. Suzy was seating on the floor, leaning against her bed, reading a book. 

Woohyun went over and sat on her bed. "Do you ever take a break? Even when you're not in school you read a book!" Woohyun threw a pillow at her.

Suzy dodge it and stuck her tongue out at him. "You should consider reading one. It makes you smarter"

"I'm fine thanks."

Silence filled the air as Suzy continued to read her book. 

"They left" Woohyun said as he took the book off Suzy. Suzy didn't even try to get it back. She wasn't reading it in the first place, she was pretending. She hoped that her brother would leave her alone if she was reading, she was wrong. 

"I know. I heard the silence that took over downstairs." Suzy said as she got up and sat next to her brother. "You made up with mum and dad yet?" 

"No"

Suzy sighed and headed out the door and went downstairs, pulling Woohyun with her. 

They sat on the couch as their parents watched them. "Feeling better, dear?" Their mum asked Suzy. 

"Better than before" Suzy said as she gave Woohyun a look. "Woohyun has something to say" 

Their parents looked at Woohyun while Woohyun looked at Suzy. He wanted to pin her down on the floor and kill her so badly. 

"What is it, dear?" Their mum asked. 

"Are we in good terms now?" He asked. He wasn't going to apologise. There was nothing he needed to apologise for in the first place. 

Their mum looked surprise when he said it, "Yes, sweetie. Why wouldn't we be?" 

Suzy and Woohyun rolled their eyes and looked at each other. Whenever one of them or both of them had an argument with their parents and wanted to be in good terms with them again, they're parents would give them one of of their two most common replies. One would be 'Yes, sweetie/dear. Why wouldn't we be?" which means that their parents are making a progress in forgetting about the argument or meaning that yeah, everything is cool between them. The other response would be 'As soon as you apologise" This was use whenever they did something really bad or really wrong. 

"Moonsoo is a really nice kid. I wanted to swap him with Suzy!" Woohyun smiled at their mother. Their mother rolled her eyes and she continued to cleaned the table. Woohyun only said that to make Suzy jealous and to see her reaction. 

"Fine! I'll go over there now and swap!" Suzy glared at him while she stood up. 

Before Suzy could get away, Woohyun stood up and pulled her in a tight hug. 

"Oppa!" gasp. "What" gasp. "Are" gasp. "You" gasp. "DOING!?" Suzy asked, trying to escape. 

"Hugging you! I was only joking!" Woohyun laughed. "I wouldn't replace my scary and adorable sister for anyone!" Woohyun hugged Suzy tighter. 

Suzy gave up as she returned the hug to him. "I really miss you staying with us, oppa." 

Woohyun let go and pinned Suzy on the floor. "Remember this moment. Remember what you said. Don't even use me again to kill time!" Woohyun smiled as he warned Suzy. Suzy let out a sigh in defeat and nodded. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there :D This might not be the best chapter in this story but I hope you guys like it ^^ Do you guys like the sibling moment in the end? Make sure to leave comments behind on what you think :) I'll update soon! 

Comment Replies:

@Tiffonay: Thank you for subscribing! Thank you for your support too :D Again, Thank you sooooooo much~~ Your comment made me smile! I hope you enjoy this chapter :D I'll update as soon as I can so stay tuned ^^

@xXeLementXx: Thank you for subscribing ^^ I love your username by the way *thumbs up* :)) Thank you for your lovely comment :DD I hope you enoy this chapter :)

@Pink3raser: Doesn't he!? Imagine if they were actually siblings in real life. O.O Lol, I'd be happpppppyyyy~~! I'm glad you approve too! ;D

@gysviolen: Awww~ Thank you ^_^ Your comment made me fly away~~~~~~ kekekeke :') Seriously, it did :P 

 

Thank you for the love and support! Let me give you all a hug! (>^_^)> ♥ (Well, a virtual hug kekeke)

Love, asdfghjklomg!