Chapter 8

Cherry Blossom Tree

 

It was that time of the day again. Suzy was on her way to the park when she got a text from her brother. She smiled while read the text and sighed softly. 

Come home early and tell me what the boy you're meeting is like... =_=" Don't keep secrets from oppa!  Recieved.

She didn't bother to text him back knowing that he'll just keep asking her questions about it. Her brother could be over protective sometimes but she didn't really mind it. It was weird because she liked it a lot. She knew that her brother cared for her and love her so much. Woohyun also knew her limits and he knew when to back away, which was a good thing. On the other hand, she hated it when it was her parents were the ones to act over-protective. They were more liking nagging and stuff like that. They would pass all the over-protective situation over Woohyun now since he handled it quite well. 

Suzy arrived at the park and she could see Myungsoo sitting down from where she was. As she got closer, she realise that he was wearing a black shirt but she didn't realise it was plaid until she was right in front of him. The lines on his shirt wasn't really that visible and she was surprise that she was able to see it. 

Myungsoo frowned at her. "What's wrong with your face?" Suzy asked as she took a sit in front of him. 

"What? Am I ugly now?" Myungsoo snapped back. He didn't seem like he was in a good mood. 

"Whoa! Calm down. I was only asking because you didn't look happy. Want to tell me why?" Suzy gave him a cold look. Myungsoo shot back one too and they stayed like that for a few minutes, in silence. 

Myungsoo sighed, "I'm sorry." 

Suzy relaxed a bit and nodded, "It's okay. What's wrong?" 

"Are you just being nice or do you actually care?" Suzy could hear venom in his voice. 

"I'm actually surprise because for once, I actually do care." Suzy sat up and looked at Myungsoo straight in the eye. 

It took Myungsoo a few moments before he replied, "I don't want to talk about it." 

Suzy rolled her eyes and sighed angrily. She looked at Myungsoo then stood up and went over to sit by his side. Myungsoo followed her with his eyes and when Suzy sat down, their face was quite close to each other that they could feel each other breathing. 

Suzy gave him a wry smile, "Well, now I know that you're not dead" She teased. 

Myungsoo looked confuse for a while then he's face lit up when he finally got what Suzy said. They looked away from each other and looked at the view in front of them. 10 minutes of silence. All Suzy could hear was her heart beating, if she blocked all the noise away and if she couldn't feel anything at the moment, she would know that her heart was beating fast. She doesn't know why her heart was acting this way and for a minute, she thought that it was a sign of her death. 

Myungsoo looked at her and held out his hand, "Give me your phone." 

Suzy just looked at him, "And why should I?" 

"Just give me your phone." Myungsoo demanded. 

Suzy shook her head and looked at Myungsoo's disapproving face. "No." 

"Stop being stubborn and give it to me." Myungsoo demanded again. 

Suzy looked at Myungsoo's face and handed her phone to him quickly. His expression was quite scary which made her obey him. He smiled at her when she handed him the phone and this annoyed her. 

Myungsoo looked a Suzy's phone and unlocked it. The wallpaper was a cherry blossom tree and he smiled when he saw it, Suzy joined him. He entered some numbers then saved it under the name 'the stubborn one'. He handed the phone back to Suzy and saw Suzy holding her other hand out. Myungsoo took his phone out and handed it over to her. They didn't really talk, they could just tell by their actions. Suzy entered her number and saved it under the name 'the childish one' and smiled. 

Suzy stood up and said, "I need to go. My brother is probably waiting for me." Suzy waited until Myungsoo said something. 

"So now that you have my number, you're going to runaway?" He raised his eyebrows jokingly. 

Suzy sighed and fired him an icy look, "No. My brother is being over-protective since I came home late yesterday."

"You should have went home early." Myungsoo agreed with Woohyun. 

Suzy ignored his comment and waved bye at him. She tunred her back and walked home, leaving Myungsoo alone. He smiled as he took his phone out and looked at the contact named 'the childish one'. He chuckled at the thought of texting her but decided not to and put his phone away. 

 

Suzy got home and found the house empty. She sighed in relief as she sat on the couch and relaxed. She then heard the toilet flush and let out a heavy sigh as her body tensed up. Woohyun was walking down the stairs slowly when he found Suzy. He beamed and ran over to her and gave her a hug. 

"You're home" He exclaimed. 

"Yeah, yeah. Where's mum and dad?" Suzy asked. They were home suppose to be home by this time. 

"They went out for dinner! You're home earlier than yesterday! YAY!" Woohyun approved as he gave his sister another hug. 

"Why are you so happy?" Suzy couldn't help but smile at he brother's happiness. 

"I have something to tell you!" Woohyun was so excited that he was bouncing up and down. Suzy waited for her brother to speak. Her face expression changed fast when she heard what her brother said. "I have a boyfriend!" Woohyun couldn't hold his excitement in anymore. 

Suzy didn't know what to say and she didn't know how she felt. She was happy to see her brother happy again. She hasn't seen him this happy after Hyomin's death. She was shocked and confuse to find out that her brother had a boyfriend. Woohyun looked at her and waited for her to say something. 

"Say something!" Her brother said as he tapped her shoulders lightly. 

Suzy was still looking at him in dismay. "What do you want me to say?" Her voice was stiff. 

Woohyun frowned in disappointment. "Aren't you happy for me?" There was a pause. "Suzy, I'm finally happy again. Happy as in in love happy. I've been down in the dumps happy when Hyomin died. You know that." 

Suzy nodded. She did know that but she wasn't expecting him to say that he has a boyfriend. "I am oppa! I'm really happy! I'm just shock at what you said... Really shock." Suzy gave him a reassuring smile. 

Woohyun's face lit up. "Good! You'll like him! He's really friendly and fun! I can't wait for you to meet him!" 

All Suzy could do was nod. She wasn't angry or disappointed or upset about it, she just didn't know how to respond. She remembered the first day that Woohyun introduced Hyomin to her. He was really happy and he was in a happy mood everyday since then. It was nice to see her brother act that way because of Hyomin. They don't know how thankful she is towards Hyomin and how happy she was that they could be together. She was happy when her brother was happy. It all fell down when Hyomin died though. It looked like Woohyun's soul was out from his body and he looked like a zombie everyday for a month. 

"Oppa! I'm really happy that you could find someone who can make you happy again!" Suzy meant it. After remembering the memory, she sorted out her feelings and found out what she really felt. 

Woohyun gave Suzy another hug and as each second pass, the hug got tighter. Woohyun finally let go and the two of them smiled at each other, knowing that they were both happy. 

 

Another school day for Suzy and another day to hear whispers and take in everyone's glances. It was third lesson when she felt her phone vibrate. She took it out and found a text message from 'the stubbron one'. That put a smile on her face. She glanced up at the teacher to see if the teacher was looking at the class. She was glad that the teacher was writing on the board. She glanced at Sungjong who was pretending to read a book when he was actually asleep. 

You should pay attention in class.  Recieved. 

You should too, instead of texting me.  Sent. 

You can talk. You're texting too!  Recieved. 

You texted me first!  Sent. 

You didn't have to reply!  Recieved. 

What are you doing?  Sent.  

Suzy didn't really feel like arguing so she ignored his his text and sent a different one. 

Nothing...  Recieved. 

You are doing something. You're doing a lot of things...  Sent. 

And what is that?  Recieved. 

Breathing. Texting. Moving. Listening. Looking. Thinking.  Sent. 

Suzy scoffed at her text. She found it funny what she said. 

You are a child... -.-'   Recieved. 

The stubborn one added an emoticon to his text. My phone is on fire!  Sent. 

Suzy giggled at her text. She found herself quite amusing today. 

I don't even know why replying. Your text is just... stupid. I gotta go. Teacher's been glancing at me a few times now. I think I was suppose to get the 'hint' ages ago. Recieved. 

Suzy felt bored when she read the last text that Myungsoo sent her. She went back to looking out the window and she was about to go to sleep when the bell rang, signalling the students that it's lunch time. Suzy stood up and she hit Sungjong on the back really hard. Sungjong shot out quickly and looked at Suzy. He whined as Suzy pulled him off his seat and dragged him to lunch. 

 

Myungsoo got dragged to lunch by Sungyeol, Sungyeol complaining how skinny Myungsoo was. Myungsoo thought different. He thought he looked okay and looked healthy. He wasn't skinny but he didn't refuse to get dragged. He felt like something exciting was going to happen in the cafeteria. He could feel it. When they entered the cafeteria, Sungyeol went over to the sandwhich machine and bought one. Sungyeol then dragged Myungsoo over to the vending machine and scanned the drinks up and down. 

"You want anything L?" Sungyeol asked. 

"That's not my name." Myungsoo disagreed. 

Sungyeol sighed and rolled his eyes, "Haven't we been over this a thousand times. Since I'm your best friend, I'm going to call you L. Whether you like it or not!" Sungyeol nodded in staisfaction. 

Myungsoo ignored him as he looked at the drinks in the vending machine. He pointed at the red vitamin drink, Sungyeol nodded. He got the drink for Myungsoo then he dragged him over to the coffee machine. His eyes lit up at the sight of it. The smell of coffee filled Myungsoo's nose which made Myungsoo crinkle his nose. Sungyeol got an americano and walked away, Myungsoo following him behind. 

"Let's go and seat with Sungjong!" Sungyeol said. Sungyeol only mentioned Sungjong's name since Myungsoo knew him. He didn't even turn around to tell Myungsoo that. 

Sungyeol stopped just a few seconds after and plopped on a seat. Myungsoo was too busy reading the ingredients on the bottle that he didn't realise that Sungyeol sat down. Sungyeol tapped him on his arms and Myungsoo looked down at him. He moved his gaze towards Sungjong who was waving at him then to the girl next to him. He couldn't see the girl's face because the book that she was reading was covering her face. 

Myungsoo took a sit while Sungjong tapped her on the shoulder. The girl ignored Sungjong but Sungjong kept tapping her loads of times on her shoulder which finally made her to put the book down. 

"WHAT!?" The girl said, her voice raised. That made Myungsoo jump because he continued to read the ingredients on the bottle. The whole cafertia was silent and all was focuse on them.

Myungsoo looked around and he saw that everyone was looking at their tables direction. He then looked at Sungyeol then Sungjong then to the girl in front of him. His eyes shot wide open as he realise who the girl was. The girl was glaring at Sungjong when Sungjong signalled her to look at Myungsoo. The girl looked behind her, realising that everyone's attention was on them. She looked around the cafeteria, only stopping when she saw the guy in front of her. She saw his eyes wide opened. She kinda looked surprise but she still had that cold look on her face. Myungsoo's eyes then returned to it's normal shape and he looked at the girl blankly. His expression looked stiff and icy. 

"The ice prince and princess have finally met." Sungjong said.

After Sungjong said that, the cafeteria was then full of whispers but Myungsoo and Suzy was still focuse on each other. They couldn't believe what they saw. 

"OH NO! THE WORLD IS ENDING." Sungyeol announced. The cafeteria was quiet again and their attention was focus on them. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 'promoting' Yeollie's birthday last chapter, another update... in one day! :)) I really missed you guys and for the past few days, all I could think of was this story =_=' hahahaha! Woohyun has a boyfriend! Can anybody guess who it is? :)) I think its fairly obvious... :P It was quite hard to pick who's point of view I was going to do the 'meeting' but I decided to do Myungsoo's since I did Suzy's point of view for the text scene ^^; So now they found out that they go to the same school... and that the world is ending kekekeke :') Even I'm curious to know what's going to happen next... I sound like an idiot =_=" That answered on of the questions that you guys are asking. The other question which was when are they going to find out that they live next to each other is yet to be answered :') It's going to take quite some time for them to realise that they live next to each other. I want them to find out at an unexpected way or in a unique way or something like that. I also plan it to take time so be patient ^^; I hope you guys like this chapter and leave comments below on what you think! Enjoy~~~~ ^_^ Oh! I want to thank the new subscribers ^_^ Thank you!!!!!!!!

Comment Replies:

@gysviolen: I'm glad to know that you find this story interesting :DD It's gonna get more exciting since they found that they go to the same school! Also, there's Woohyun's boyfriend ;) HEHEHE 

@kimkim96: Annyeonghaeseyo reader-nim~ ^^ You're welcome, oh yeah babyyy~! :') They really are but they just don't know yet =_=" They will soon ;D 

@NuShoes: Suzy met her double today.. kekeke Sungyeol is always cute.. hehehe :') My friend LOLed at the sentence too :))) Big love for supporting and reading  ^_^ 

@SkullMaki: I'm glad you love it like crazy~ :DD They found out that they go to the same school today! :OOO Is the world actually going to end though - I think that's the real question :))) LOOL OMG. I wont! I promise! I don't want a sad ending for this story too! I will NOT allow them to die ^^; Don't worry :D 

@soomuch_A: Thank you for reading my story and supporting it ^_^ I updated! :D You'll probably ask the same question again, right? Or maybe not... haahaha :') Enjoy~~~

 

Love, asdfghjklomg!

I changed it to blue because that's one of the colours that I'm obsessed with now. hehhe. Okay,I get it.. you don't care... :P