Chapter 24

Cherry Blossom Tree

It's 11:58 on the 9th of October. Suzy fell asleep just a few minutes ago and she thought that finally she could have some good rest since everyone left her, even Myungsoo, alone. She thought wrong. Just as the clock struck 12, the hospital room suddenly became bright and loud noises took over the peaceful atmosphere. It's amazing how 7 noisy biys could come inside a hospital this late at night (or really early in the morning).

Suzy sat up, getting the shock of her life, glaring at the 7 smiling boys in front of her. A smile slowly appearing on her face as she recognised their faces. "You guys are stupid", her smile transformed into a grin. 

"Well, that was a very warm thank you" Sungyeol remarked. "Happy birthday kitty~!" He gave Suzy a grin, showing off his gums and white teeth. 

"Thanks Yeollie~!" She returned the hug, patting him on the back really hard.

Sungyeol moved to one side as Sungjong came closer to Suzy. "Happy Birthday" Sungjong whispered. Suzy furrowed her eyebrows, surprise that Sugnjong didn't shout in her ears. 

"You okay?" Suzy asked as they parted. A smiled played on Sungjong's lips. There was a short pause before Sungjong pulled the string from a confetti popper, aiming at the ceiling. Suzy was the only one who jumped since she didn't know that he had a trick up his sleeve. She shot him an icy glare but  a little smile took over. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Sungjong shouted. He grinned as he made his way next to Sungyeol, high fiving Hoya along the way. 

"This isn't a sound proof room, you know" Suzy reminded them. The 7 boys looked at each other before they started to scream and shout as loud as they could. Suzy covered her ears, her eyes shut close trying her best to prevent herself from going deaf. 

"Yes it is," Sunggyu began. "We asked the nurses before and all the hospitals rooms are sound proof." He reassured Suzy. 

"So you didn't need to worry about the noises you and Myungsoo make when you're left alone in a room" Sungyeol teased, earning death glares from Myungsoo and Suzy. He got dumbfounded looks from Sunggyu and Woohyun while Hoya, Dongwoo and Sungjong laughed their heads off. 

"Just cos you would do that if you had a chance," Myungsoo scoffed. "Oh wait, you won't cos you don't even have a girlfriend" 

Sungyeol pouted while Sungjong patted his back, comforting him. Suzy smiled at Myungsoo's comeback. She was proud of her boyfriend. Myungsoo couldn't help but smile as he saw Suzy's reaction. 

Hoya and Dongwoo greeted her a happy birthday at the same time, giving her a hug before they stepped aside. Sunggyu walked over quickly, his eyes disappearing as he smiled. "Happy Birthday Suzy-ah" He greeted her, not failing to give her a hug. He chuckled as he moved, signalling Woohyun in some way to come forward. 

"Happy Birthdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~!" Woohyun sang. Before Suzy could even respond to his little 'performace', he pulled her into a big hug. He her hair like he was comforting her. "My little sister is all grown up now. I can't believe you're old already. I'm going to cry. Seriously." He joked, making fake sobbing noises.

Suzy slapped his back, making him wince and move away. "You're older than me idiot!" 

"Don't talk in an informal manner to me young lady." Woohyun pointed at her, pretending to tell her off. 

Suzy giggled, "You got that right. I am a young lady." Woohyun pulled her into another tight hug before standing next to Sunggyu. "Thanks oppa" 

"Love you" Woohyun said as he broke off the hug. He threw her his famous hearts. Suzy surprised him by throwing it back to him. Suzy hated his aegyo and he finely knew this. Seeing her throw it back in a way he wanted her to was a dream come true. "I'm just glad you met Myungsoo" Woohyun said, giving Myungsoo a smile. 

Myungsoo replied with an awkward smile as he walked slowly to Suzy. "Happy birthday..." He greeted her awkwardly. Suzy raised her eyebrows as the others tried to hold in their laughter. He bent down and kissed Suzy in the forehead. Suzy closed her eyes as soon as Myungsoo's lips touch her skin. The room was silent and they felt like they were the only ones there. Her eyes opened slowly as Myungsoo gave her a hug. "Thank you for being born today," He began to whisper in her ears. "I seriously don't know how I have lived without you. I'm sure I wasn't even alive until I met you. You're my life now, Suzy. It's your birthday and you're in hospital, head banaged, because of me. It hurts to see you get hurt. You're too good that sometimes I wonder if I'm good enough for you." He was her hair as he said those words. Suzy felt pathetic as she listened to his words, as she reminded herself to be a better person. "I love you." The three words Myungsoo said just made Suzy have the best birthday so far. 

"Uh... Sorry to interupt the lovey dovey moment here but I'm pretty sure we all don't wanna be zombies later when the doctor comes in" Sungyeol interrupted them. It was always Sungyeol. It just had to be Sungyeol. 

"Shut your face" Sungjong hissed at him. "Now I actually agree with Sunggyu kicking your and beating you dead." 

"That was harsh" Sungyeol frowned. Sungjong shot him a glare. "Calm down Jonggie~ No need to shoot lasers at me with your eyes." Sungjong rolled his eyes only to find Suzy and Myungsoo staring at them. Sungjong pointed at Sungyeol while Sungyeol shook his head violently, telling them it wasn't him. 

"Someone always has to ruin it" Myungsoo muttered.

Suzy giggled and gave him a peck on the cheek. "I thought it was perfect" Suzy intertiwned her fingers with his. "I love you too" 

"Okay! Let's sleep!" Sungyeol made his way to sofa across the room. The same sofa where he and Sungjong slept the last time. 

"Are you seriously asking for your death? Because I can happily fulfill your request." Sungjong slowly charged towards him. 

"What did I do now!?" Sungyeol threw his hands in the air, frustrated. He took a quick glance at Myungsoo who showed no emotion whatsoever or maybe he looked to quick that he missed it. "UGH!" He tried to take a longer look at Myungsoo this time, nothing. "Fine! Let's eat then!" He dodged past Sungjong, hiding behind Dongwoo's back quickly. No one would hurt him if he was protected by Dongwoo. Dongwoo is just too loving. 

"We didn't bring food" Sunggyu informed them. "Your genius brother here thought that everyone wouldn't be hungry at this time so he decided to cross the food out of the 'but things' list" Woohyun scratched his head, an apology follwing. 

"So... What do we do?" Hoya asked, looking at each one of them. 

"Well... you could give me my presents!" Suzy beamed. She can never forget about presents. 

Woohyun sighed, "Well, that's one thing that haven't changed." 

"ME FIRST!" Sungyeol stumbled to get to Suzy. There was just so many people blocking his way. Well, there was only Hoya and Dongwoo. Their muscles just felt like one thousand bodies squashed together.

"You should exercise more" Myungsoo suggested. 

"You should grow more" Sungyeol shot back. There was no way was he going to lose an argument. 

"You should get a girlfriend" Myungsoo's pokerface appeared.

"You should dump yours" The light in Sungyeol's eyes suddenly disappeared, along with his choding self. His lip formed into a line, just like Myungsoo's and his voice was low that it sounded like a threat. Myungsoo clearly knows he didn't mean it in a threat.

The room was so silent that a pin being dropped could be heard. All pair of eyes were on Sungyeol, then slowly drifted to Myungsoo. Suzy looked concerned as she eyes them both. It was a rare ocassion when she saw Sungyeol act like this. Something is definitely wrong, she thought. She was about to break the silence when Myungsoo decided to do it. 

"You should keep your mouth shut" This time, it was Myungsoo's voice and words that sounded like a threat because it was. He wasn't going to let Suzy ruin her birthday even though it already is ruined. Myungsoo did a good job at telling them to keep the drama away. 

Sungyeol's eyes softened as he scoffed. He continued to stare at Myungsoo, trying not to blink to look more cool. He didn't mean to be harsh. He didn't mean to say it in the first place, the words just slipped out. Myungsoo should know better since they're best friends. He should've known that he's impatient. He knew he had hurt Myungsoo. He knew that it was too late to take all the things he said back. The best thing to do now is for him to shut up and learn how to be patient. 

"Oh! Here's my present Suzy! I hope you like it!" Sungyeol turned to look at Suzy. He acted like nothing happened and the choding replaced the cold Sungyeol. "I bought it myself!" He nodded and smiled at her, hoping that they had forgotten about the whole drama before. He felt sorry though when he saw Suzy's expression. She looked worried. He felt even more terrible when he remembered that it was her birthday.

"Thanks... Sungyeol" Suzy thanked him as she recieved the present. She searched for answers in his eyes but all she could see was a black hole. She averted her gaze back to the present that was laying on her hand. It was a medium size sqaure-shaped box. It was blue with a yellow ribbon stuck on the corner. Her name was engraved in the middle in red. It was beautiful. She could literally stare at it for a day. She opened it slowly, getting more and more nervous as the item inside was revealed. 

There, lying inside the box, was a bracelet. A gold bracelet with an 'S' charm hanging on it. She picked it up, noticing the weight of the bracelt. Her eyes widened in shock as she realised something. "Sungyeol... it must have cost you a fortune." She began as she examined the bracelet. "I can't accept this. This is too much. TOO much." She tried to hand it back to Sungyeol but Sungyeol pushed her hand slowly back. 

"You're stupid. It's a present, , for you."Sungyeol grinned, his cheeks puffing out. 

"But it's made from real gold. REAL GOLD. REAL. GOLD. Are. you. insane!?" Suzy freaked out. This was the first time in her life she has recieved such an expensive gift. Her face fell as she remembered what she got Sungyeol for his birthday. She tried to remember hard but nothing. She can't even remember what she gave him but she knows for a fact its not expensive or useful. 

"Just take it. Myungsoo and Woohyun mentioned how you're allergic to fake jewelry. I don't get why you still wear them though, they make your skin turn purple or green or black or whatever dark coulour there is- OH! BROWN. I forgot brown." Sungyeol stepped back a bit, standing next to Sunggyu. "You're welcome." Suzy gave up on insisting that he should take it back. Choding Sungyeol can get stubborn, more stubborn than her and Myungsoo put together. 

"Thanks Sungyeol" Suzy gave him a meaningful smile. Sungyeol nodded and smiled, again. 

"If you don't mind, me and Sunggyu joined forces and bought you a gift together." Woohyun handed her medium size retangle-shaped box. It was fatter and longer than Sungyeol's box. 

"In other words, it's a shared gift?" Suzy raised her eyebrow. "Thank you" She gave him an innocent smile as she recieved the present form him. "Thank you Sunggyu oppa!" She flattered her eyelashes at him. Sunggyu smiled back in response, he didn't know how to respond in any other way. Woohyun rolled his eyes, trying hard not to smile and squeezed his sister to death because she was just so cute and adorable. 

Suzy opened the box and found a bottle of perfume inside. A smiled appeared on her face as she heard the name of the perfume. "Woohyun picked it." Sunggyu informed her. 

Suzy looked up at her brother and smiled, "Oppa, you remember?" 

"Yup~" Woohyun sang. Woohyun remembered when they were walking around the shopping mall together. They would walk in and out of shop, telling one or the other to buy something for them but ending up not buying anything because they had no money. Woohyun remembered how Suzy's face lit up when she smelt the perfume. How her eyes twinkled when the scent made it's way through her nose. He espcially remembered her constant threats to him telling him to buy this for her or she'll run away. She asked everyday, saying the same thing but she never did. She never ran away. 

"Thanks oppas!" She sprayed the some on herself. The smell was too strong for Myungsoo. It made him a little dizzy but the smell was heavenly. He can understand why she likes it so much. 

"You're welcome~" Sunggyu replied. Woohyun gave her a hug before he walked back to stand next to Sunggyu. 

Dongwoo and Hoya gave also gav eher a joined gift. They gave her a notebook and a pen. They told her to write whatever she wanted in it. She was excited and happy with their present. Someone must have mentioned to them that she likes to write. She gave them a hug as she said thank you. All the presents she had so far was amazing and she couldn't ask more. 

"Why did Sungyeol have to give you a real gold bracelet. It's making our gifts look like a piece of crap." Woohyun sulked. 

"I like all my presents equally and I love them. All of your existance on my birthday was enough. I was only joking about the presents." She smiled. It was a true smile and she meant what she said. 

"Well, I hope you like my present." Sungjong handed her a box. It was quite heavy even though the box itself isn't big. "It didn't cost me that much but it's the thought and feelings that counts right?" Sungjong tapped her foot impatienly. "Open it!" 

Suzy laughed at her best friend's patience. A big smile was painted on her face as she looked at his present. What he said was true. It was meaningful and it probably didn't cost him as much. 

"So what did he get you?" Dongwoo asked as he took a peek at the thing on Suzy's hand. 

"Come see for yourself" She beamed at them. 

They all hovered towards her, a smile appearing on each other their faces. Sungjong's present was a picture in a frame. The frame was clear. The picture was all of them, taken at the hospital at some point. Suzy couldn't even remember when it was took. They were all sitting on Suzy's hospital bed. Dongwoo and Hoya, as always and as usual, were stuck to each other like glue. They were holding hands while Dongwoo was kissing Hoya on the cheek. Hoya looked surprise, it wasn't fake. He was suprised. He blushed a lot that day too. Woohyun was sitting on Sunggyu's lap. Woohyun had his arm around Sunggyu's neck while Sunggyu's hand was around Woohyun's waist. Sunggyu and Woohyun were both smiling - Sunggyu's eyes disappeared like it normally does when his smiles are true and Woohyun's eyes does somehow look gone too. Sungjong was standing near Suzy's side while Sungyeol was standing near Myungsoo's side. They were both smiling, making a V pose. Myungsoo was sitting next to Suzy, his arm around her waist. They were half-hugging. Everyone looked happy even though Suzy's head was banaged. 

"Sungjong... Thanks!" Suzy thanked her feminine best friend. "It's the most meaning ful gift I've recieved. Thank you so much!" Suzy stood up and gave Sungjong a tight hug. 

"What are best friends for?" Sungjong giggled. 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo kept straing at the picture. Myungsoo would have stared longer but Sungyeol nudge him. Myungsoo could see the worry in Sungyeol's eyes. He ignored him and looked back at the picture. Sungyeol felt annoyed that Myungsoo didn't say or show any emotion at all but he kept his mouth shut and kept still. Another slip and he'd die for sure. Myungsoo would do the pleasure. 

Suzy climbed back on her bed, sitting in front of Myungsoo. Myungsoo back hugged her and rested his chin on her shoulder. "I'll give you you're present tomorrow, when you're not tired." 

"I'm not tired." Suzy said as she yawned. She quickly shut and turned her head away, hoping that Myungsoo didn't see that. 

"Really?" Myungsoo raised his eyebrow as Suzy turned to look at him. "I want to give it to you tomorrow, when we're in front of the tree. It feels right to give it to you there." 

"But my head is still bandage and I doubt the doctor would let me out" Suzy said. 

"I'm sure he'll understand"

Suzy nodded, "Let's sleep.. Let's continue to celebrate tomorrow when we have energy and once choding oppa gets some coffee!" She smirked as she looked Sungyeol who looked half dead right now. Sungyeol didn't even catch what she said. He was busy trying to keep himself awake. 

Everyone made their way to a comfortable place to sleep. Woohyun and Sunggyu asked for some spare blankets and pillows so they could sleep. Unlike their last sleepover, they didn't sleep on the floor. Sungyeol and Sungjong shared the top bit of the sofa while Dongwoo and Hoya shared the bottom bit. Sunggyu and Woohyun slept with Myungsoo and Suzy on the hospital bed. They slept horizontaly so they would fit. 

They didn't even bother to say good night since Suzy already fell asleep and their mouths wouldn't allow them to. They fell asleep in an instant, leaving the room silent.

Silent. The exact word Myungsoo is fearing of. The exact thing Myungsoo is trying to avoid. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ: Hai guys! Sorry I didn't update last week. I was going to update on Suzy's birthday but I was sick so I couldn't. It's a rare thing for me to be sick and it's only twice a year that I'd be sick. I'm so sorry if this chapter is.. meh... i'm still sick T^T but I needed to update because I probably can't on the weekend. Blame sickness, homework and school. I'll try my best to update though. Well anyway, this chapter is based on Suzy's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZY! WOOHOO! Myungsoo and his present will be revealed in the next chapter and this time, i PROMISE. Also, the Cherry blossom tree will appear again next chapter. WOOHOO! I'm warning you, half of the next chapter would probably make you wanna kill me and shizz. You'll see :') The drama (well if it's even classified as a drama) between Sungyeol and Myungsoo in this chapter will be clear and explained soon. Also, Sungyeol's behaviour in the previous chapter will also be explained alongside the drama thing. If that makes sense. Meh. Idek :)) But yeah, it will come clear soon. Don't worry ^^ 

I said I would do comment replies but I'm so sorry cos I won't be doing it. TT^TT I hope you understand~~~~~ YOU'RE COMMENTS ARE STILL WELCOME BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY THING (ONLY WITH THE SUNBSCRIBING THING) THAT GIVES ME THE WILL TO CONTINUE TO UPDATE. SO PLEASE DO COMMENT. ^^;; Thank you!!!!!!!! 

Thank you for reading and supporting my sotry! It really does mean a lot and gives me the will to continue. Thank you for the new subscribers! <33333 

Love, asdfghjklomg!

THIS CHAPTER IS PROOFREAD FREE.