Chapter 6

Cherry Blossom Tree

Suzy was sitting in front of the tree and this was the only time she could relax. She smiled as the sun was shining on her. She closed her eyes and she could still see the brightness of the sun with her eyes close. It soon disappeared and she opened her eyes to see Myungsoo standing in front of her. He was wearing a plaid shirt again, she rolled her eyes at the sight. 

"What? You're not happy to see me?" Myungsoo asked as he took a seat in front of her. Whenever one of them was sitting in front of the tree or leaning against the tree, the other one would sit opposite them. Maybe it was to see each other's faces. Myabe it was to look at the tree. Either way, they never really talked about it. They just ended up like that. 
 
"No, actually I'm not. I thought I could have a this spot all to myself today." Suzy teased. 
 
"Well too bad. This is now my spot too!" 
 
"So, you're not paying me anymore?" Suzy pouted. It was different from her cold look. Myungsoo found it rather cute and different. He could feel his stomach acting up again. He didn't have a tummy ache. It was way different and the feeling was pleasant but it made him feel nervous. Without Myungsoo noticing, he smiled and the smiled reached his eyes. It was the first time that he had smiled like that. 
 
Suzy saw Myungsoo smile. She just noticed now that he looked quite attractive when he didn't look cold or scary. He looked really friendly when he smiled. Normally she would have felt irritated if someone had smiled like that at her but she felt something different towards him. It was weird. Her heart was suddenly beating really fast and she felt like she was about to have a heart attack. She could feel her face burning but she doesn't why. 
 
Myungsoo smirked as he saw her face. "Don't tell me you're falling for me?" 
 
Suzy looked at Myungsoo, quite surprise. "W-what did you say?" She stuttered. Why the hell would he think that? She thought. She was quite angry. 
 
"You face is red." Myungsoo scoffed. 
 
"That doesn't mean I'm falling for you. You're insane, do you know that?" 
 
"You can talk. Like you're not insane. You tell me to 'pay' for sitting in this spot. You don't own this spot, you know." Myungsoo fired back. He was angry all of a sudden. 
 
"Okay, calm down. I'm not going to ask you to 'pay' anymore." Suzy sighed and she laid down on the soft grass. It was tickling her arm but she ignored it. She wacthed the flowers that was attached to the braches of the tree. The sun helped the flowers shine more brightly ever. Myungsoo laid down beside her. He wasn't too far away but he wasn't too close either. 
 
"This spot is beautiful." He admitted. 
 
"I know." Suzy closed her eyes and absorbed the wind and the sunlight.
 
"How did you find this place?" Myungsoo asked. 
 
"I just found it." Suzy's voice was calm. She found it a few months ago. She wanted to go for a walk and she let her feet lead the way. Somehow she ended up in this park and she found this spot. From then on, it became her spot. One day, she showed her brother this spot. Her brother smiled and a tear fell from his eyes. 
 
 
"Oppa, whats wrong?" Suzy asked as she saw her brother's saddened face. 
 
Her brother gave her a smile and looked at the tree before speaking. "This is a magical place, Suzy." 
 
Suzy's eyes widened, but she didn't believe him. "I'm not a kid. I don't believe in such things."
 
Woohyun only smiled at her and ruffled her head. "But it is." 
 
Suzy was still stubborn to believe that it was magical. It just looks like a tree. A very beautiful tree. Well, except for how it looks, it doesn't look that magical. Suzy kept wacthing her brother as he sat opposite the tree, looking at it. 
 
"Seat next to me. I'll tell you a story." Woohyun invited Suzy over. Suzy sat in front of her brother, her back facing the tree. She could see the sadness in her brother's eyes but she didn't ask why. She was scared incase the reason would be about 'her' death. She waited for her brother to say something. Woohyun took a deep breath before he began. 
 
"You remember Hyomin, right?" Woohyun asked Suzy. This is what Suzy feared. This was the 'her' she feared to hear about. Suzy nodded and let her brother continue. "This is where we met." Woohyun paused as he looked up at the tree. "She was leaning against this tree when I saw her. When she looked up, her eyes sparkled. She gave off a happy feeling and she was really beautiful. Not only was her face beautiful but when I got to know her, her soul was also beautiful. That's what made me fall for her." Woohyun paused and he could feel the tears coming up. He swallowed hard and looked at Suzy. "She didn't like me in the beginning at all because she said I was too greasy. We both can agree that that's true!" Woohyun laughed. "One day, she was sitting looking at the tree when she asked me what the most beautiful thing I've ever saw." He paused as he swallowed the tears back. "I said that her soul was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. She smiled at me and hit me in the arm because she thought I was joking. When I told her that I was serious, she smiled and gave me a hug." This time, Woohyun can't keep his tears back. They all rushed out. 
 
"Oppa, you don't need to talk about it if you don't want to." Suzy was worried. She went and sat next to her brother. She patted him on the back, she didn't really know how to comfort people. 
 
"It's okay, I need to tell someone about this anyway. I'm sure Hyomin would have wanted to me to. You know she really liked you even though you were cold towards her. She knew that you didn't mean it." Woohyun gave Suzy a reassuring smile. Suzy didn't hate Hyomin. She was actually glad that Woohyun found her because it was the first time in her life that she saw her brother that happy. She was thankful towards her. 
"I really liked her so I asked her if she liked me back. She shook her head and said no quietly. She wasn't that quiet because I could hear her. I accepted that and I said that we should just be friends. From that day and on, we became best friends. This became our favourite spot and and we would come here all the time. As time went on, we fell in love. Right in this spot." Woohyun looked at Suzy before he continued. "That's why this spot it magical." He looked back at the tree. "Hyomin refused to like me in the same way that I do, I could see her trying. But one day something came over the both of us and we fell in love."
 
 
It was already too late for Suzy to asked Hyomin at time. She was already dead when her brother told her the story. Hyomin passed away 2 years ago because of an illness that no one would tell her. Woohyun had a break down at that time and he refused to believe that she was gone. It took about a month to make him feel better and put him back the way he was. It wasn't easy. Woohyun found out that Hyomin was ill just two weeks before she died. He couldn't handle the truth and that broke Suzy's heart. It broke Suzy's heart to see her brother act like that. She was glad that her brother was better and back normal now.
 
Myungsoo brought her back to reality when he said "I've never met anyone like you." 
 
"Now, look who's falling in love with me" Suzy teased. Although her brother said that this spot and this tree was magical. She wouldn't believe it until the tree showed her. She wanted to see for herself if this spot and or the tree was magical. 
 
Myungsoo laughed, "Don't kid yourself. You're not that great." 
 
"Prove it" Suzy challenged. 
 
"How can I prove it?" Myungsoo turned his head to look at Suzy. There. There it was. That same feeling that he felt before. His stomach was turning up side down. He didn't enjoy it but he also didn't hate it. 
 
"So, how did you find this spot?" It was now Suzy's turn to ask. 
 
"I like parks and it's quite close to my house and I found it." Myungsoo tried to convinced Suzy. It was a matter of fact, a lie. He didn't just find it. He read about it in a book just a few months before he moved. There wasn't this kind of tree where he lived last time.
 
This type of tree was actually rare. There are thousands that look exactly like this tree, there were only a few that contains it's powers. This type of tree wasn't just any ordinary cherry blossom tree. It has a purpose. It's purpose is to make two people who are destined to be together, meet sometime in front of it. The tree would then make the two fall in love rather than waiting for faith to make them. It doesn't matter whether they were the same or not. As long as the two people were meant to be, the tree would do it's job. Myungsoo didn't really believe that junk that the book said, it was just interesting. If he knew that it was true and actaully had the powers to do so, he would have never came back after the day  he met Suzy. But he could feel something strange in his bones. He could feel that something was about to happen. He ignored it and refused the superstitions that he thought and felt. 
 
"What are you thinking about? It looks like you've been hypnotize." Suzy poked Myungsoo's arm. 
 
"Huh? What?" Myungsoo asked, confused. 
 
"My brother said that this tree is magical." Suzy paused. "I don't believe it." 
 
Myungsoo scanned Suzy's face. He wasn't surprise at all by what she said. She did read books so he thought that she read about it. Her brother could have recommended her the book. "I don't believe it too."
 
Suzy only looked at Myungsoo. She was surprise at his answer but she wasn't that surprise. There was a book after all. He could have read it for all she knows.
 
They stayed in silence for the next few minutes. Each of them in their own world, drowning themselves in their thoughts. 
 
"So how was your day?" Suzy blurted out. 
 
Silence. Suzy waited for a few more seconds. Silence. She glanced at Myungsoo and he had his eyes closed. He slept so quickly. Is he really that tired? she thought. She found herself yawning. She turned over on her side, facing Myungsoo. He looks peaceful, just how Hyomin unnie looked. Wait, why the hell am I comparing him to a dead person? Suzy shook her head viciously to get rid of the thoughts. She missed Hyomin. She was really fun to be with. Although, she didn't mean to be cold towards her. She was just like that to everyone. She closed her eyes, Hyomin and Woohyun filled her thoughts, and fell asleep. 
 
 
Myungsoo opened his eyes as he looked up at the night sky. How long have I been asleep? He thought as he took his phone out. It was 7pm but there was no missed calls from his parents, so he stayed put. He looked at his side and saw Suzy laying down, sleeping. He smiled as he saw her face against the moonlight. He looked at the features on her face for a while. She looked like a warm person when she isn't awake. Maybe because it was her eyes that made her looked cold. Her cold glare. He turned his attention back to the sky, the flowers on the tree covering it. 
 
"You could have just left" Myungsoo said to the sleeping Suzy. He didn't know why he was talking to her. She wasn't going to respond an answer back to him. 
 
"I know, but I didn't" Myungsoo just nearly had a heart attack when he turned around to see Suzy's cold eyes open. 
 
"How long have you been awake?" He asked, looking back at the flowers, blocking the sky. 
 
"Just now. I could feel your icy stare and you're heaving breathing." Suzy joked. Actually, the second part wasn't a joke. His breathing was quite heavy when she felt it on her face. 
 
"Well you're snoring isn't that pleasant either." Myungsoo teased back. 
 
"You really can't argue back can you?" Suzy raised her eyebrows. 
 
"Can to."
 
"Can not."
 
"Can."
 
"Not. Ha! You've just admitted it!" Suzy chuckled. 
 
Myungsoo only realising what she had done, sat up. "You are so childish!" 
 
"You are so stubborn!" Myungsoo laughed at her comment.
 
"What's so funny?" Suzy sat up this time. 
 
"You're face!" Myungsoo started to laugh at his joke. It was a pretty lame joke but he laughed anyway incase he offended her. Suzy pouted and hit him on the head. "OW! That hurts! I was only joking!"
 
"You shouldn't have joked in the first place!" Suzy growled. Her anger racing through her blood. 
 
Myungsoo rubbed the spot where Suzy hit him. "I was laughing because that's exactly what you said to me when I called you childish. Remember the first day we met?"
 
Suzy gave it a little thought. She started to laugh as she remembered as well. "Well you were stubborn. You wouldn't move!" 
 
"Like you weren't childish, you pushed me off my spot!" Myungsoo argued back. 
 
They looked at each other for a minute and smiled. They could both feel something tickling them in their hearts. Something was unusual. It was something that they haven't predicted to happen. But they haven't figured out what it is yet. Suzy layed back down, this time she made sure that she could see the stars in the sky. Myungsoo followed her actions. 
 
"There's so many stars" Suzy began. 
 
"There's so many people" Myungsoo added. 
 
"In the sky?" Suzy looked confused. 
 
 "No." Myungsoo couldn't help but laugh. "On Earth."
 
"But I'm talking about the sky" 
 
"And I'm talking about the Earth"
 
"That's completely opposite to what I'm talking about."
 
"Not really. Their both places."
 
"A sky isn't a place, I think." Suzy thought that Myungsoo was being ridiculous for a moment. 
 
"It is for the stars." 
 
That made Suzy quiet. She never really thought about it like that. Not until Myungsoo said it. She looked at him, she could only see his side profile. He was still looking at the stars. He wasn't smiling at all and he also wasn't showing any emotions. She looked back at the stars. Looked back at the dark sky, wondering if Hyomin was watching over her. Watching over them. 
 
So many thoughts filled their mind. So many feelings filled their heart. So many butterflies filled their stomach. They stayed quiet as they both watch the stars light up the night...
 
...Side by side. 
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Hello ^_^ Another update for you guys :D I think so far, this is one of my favourite chapters :"> hehehe! I hope you guys like it :) MyungZy moments! Sorry for the people who don't like T-ara or anti hyomin =_=" Since Woohyun and Hyomin are doing a drama together, I thought his lover might as well be Hyomin (not sure whether Hyomin is his lover in the drama or not) But I saw a photo of them and they look shipable.. So now I'm a HyoHyun or WooMin shipper d^_^b <-- this is a tumbs up btw :))) Comment below and let me know what you think :D Oh and btw, I won't be able to update for 4 days at least TT^TT I'm going to be busy for the next four days. I'm sorry TT^TT I'll update as soon as I can :D Enjoy~~~~~
 
Comment Replies:
@inspiritz: I know! Myungsoo should have! But then the story would end quickly is they need find out OTL I did mention on chapter 2 (i think) that this story would make you want to scream or at least kill you :') MyungZy moments are THE best, may I agree ^_^ Awww~ Thank you so much :D You know what's more best than me updating? Y O U! and my other subscribers kekekeke You have a nice day too xD Although it's night where I am :')
 
@NuShoes: I'm sorry I won't be able to update for the next four days TT^TT I feel like I'm betraying you and the other subscribers.. I love you too <(^_^<) No siblings moments here, except for the flashback.. hehehe it's all MyungZy :DD You're welcome :D <333 
 
@Tiffonay: OMG. I updated again :)) I have no life that's why.. You are welcome ^_^ OMFG. I LOVE YOU TOO kekekeke! I hope you like this MyungZy chapter :D You're welcome ^^
 
@pink14: Dear reader-nim, I'm sorry about that hahaha :)) So you must have little siblings? Aww~ are they cute? ^^ Sorry for asking :P The only excitement I feel is reading the comments on this fanfic :') Its so interesting, what you guys thinkg hhehehe ^^; Thank you for giving me luck :P 
 
@kimkim96: OMG. HELLO THERE! :DD Thank you for subscribing and reading and supporting this fanfic! I reall appreciate it ^_^ Thank you reader-nim :D Sungyeol is just... Sungyeol :"> I think nearly all the fanfics with Myungsoo in, his character is quite cold hehehe Thank You again! :DDDDDD I hope you enjoy this chapter!
 
@gysviolen: I update because I have no life but this OTL :))) I'm sooooo sorry cos I won't be able to update for the next 4 days TT^TT You're support and the subscribers support are just... ASDFGHJKL! Thank you~~~ OMG. That's exactly what I was thinking about Woohyun and Szuy ending up together. It jus can't happen ;_; and yes, it would ruin everything and my plan kekekeke Ohhh, really~? I never thought about that :') That's still cool even though it's just an abbreviation of your full name d^_^b Mine is just actually the second row of letters then I just added omg in the end cos without it, it was taken =_= kekeke :)) Thank you for you're support reader-nim, I hope you enjoy it ^_^
 
@soelle1000: WELCOME ON BOARD! :)) Hai there! ^_^ Thank you for supporting and reading this story ^_^ I really do appreciate it d^_^b I hope you enjoy it :D
 
@SkullMaki: It will take quite some time until they find out :)) I want them to find out in a unique way :)) hehehehe! 
 
@Myungzy_Gurdian: Awww~~~ Thank you reader-nim! You're more amazing though! d^_^b I won't be able to update for the next four days TT^TT I'm sorry~~ I'll update as soon as I can after this, okay? ^^; I hope you enjoy this chapter ^_^
 
@loveisyam: OMG. I'm going to Japan too just to see the cherry blossom trees! d^_^b Well, I hope I can anyway. It's okay :)) I'm current OTP is Wooyeol kekeke.. Do you watch Reply 1997? I swear, it's one of the best dramas I have seen :DD It's so damn good! Faith: It's not time yet =_= ;_; They will find out though, someday.. someway.. somewhere. hahahahah! I want to do that toooooo! But then this story would end and I don't want it to end yet T^T hehehe! I swear I have telepathy some of the subscribers on this fanfic. Just before, someone said something about woohyun falling for suzy, ruinging the story and I thought the same too! Now you say that Sungyeol could be a rapper with his long speech! I was going to write about that on the last chapter as a side note but I decided not too.. This is so weird but in a way it's cool :))) Thank you for saying it was funny ^_^ Only if... Don't worry! They'll find ouut soon! 
 
Love, asdfghjklomg!