CHAPTER 3

My Husband is a 16 years old kid

 It had been few weeks now I guess since my engagement with Zelo. Well I didn’t even want to bother about it and beside we don’t look like we’re engaged. I mean I still do my own things and he still does his. It’s a good thing that he agreed to not to interfere in my life and vice versa. So now the time has come. The moment that his and my family had been waiting for, our wedding, which will be held today and it will be held at the garden at the back of his house. No kidding, this kid’s family is filthy rich! The garden was no kidding too. It was much bigger than ours. I put on my wedding dress which had been picked by his mother last week. I had my make up done and my hair was perfectly set with the help of those stylists that my parents had hired. I wore a sky blue wedding dress and had my hair hung loose with a tiara on top. My family planned to make it simple while I planned to make it sort of a gothic wedding. I don’t know what’s got into my mind but I think I was influenced by the movie that I watched. The wedding was super cool. The bride wears a knee length dress with a small cute tiara which was more like a headband (sp?) on her head. And you know what’s cooler? She wore sneakers! Which gives me an idea to bring one today, in case I can’t stand standing for too long on heels. I know it’s crazy if I really wear it but no one would notice though. My dress was quite long. The groom wears tux as usual, nothing fancy. I think the director wants the groom to look clean. Speaking of groom, I haven’t seen Zelo. I wanted to look for him but I got something better to do, something that I had been prepared since last night. Well I thought of it during the last minute before I went to sleep.

===

The ceremony had started and even though I don’t want this to happen but I still ought to get nervous. It’s time for me to get myself out there to meet my ‘husband’ to make a vow. My father brought me out to walk on the aisle before he gave me to Zelo. I looked at the guests that came. Not many of them are familiar to me. And then among all the guests I saw someone that I really missed and she is someone that I really love, my grandmother. She finally came. Last time she didn’t came to my engagement ceremony. I felt guilty when I saw her, I never been nice to her. I am such a naughty girl in front of her. I never listen to her, that’s why she always scolded me every time she saw me. But that doesn’t mean I will not carry on with my plan.

‘Granny, I’m sorry. This is the last bad thing that I will ever do. This is between live and death.’

The recital of the vows had started. “You Choi Jun Hong, do you want to make Shin Ah Ra as your wife?.....”(A/N: I don’t know how the vows actually been recited because my country’s wedding tradition is different from what you usually see hehe)

“I do”

‘Any minute now~’

“You Shin Ah Ra, do you want to make Choi Jung Hong as your husband?...”

“I….”

 

*BOOM!*POOF!*

Haha! Finally the powdered bomb that I made exploded! I had put it at the side of the guests’ seats. The bomb is quite small that anyone could barely recognized it. With the powder fill the air; I took my chance to run away, this was when my sneakers come in handy. I wore them! I really wore them! I ran as fast as I could to make sure no one saw me but I forgot where’s the back gate was; I could only see wooden fences. Not thinking anymore I jumped over the fence. It’s not that tall but it does ripped my dress. I ran and ran and stumbled on my feet. My face hit the ground first but luckily I fall over a pile of leaves. I tried to get up but a guard holds me up on his shoulder.

“PUT ME DOWN! PUT ME DOWN!”

And so the ceremony need to be start all over again with my dress being cut up to my knee since it ripped almost to that length and they didn’t realize that I am wearing sneakers so I still wear it. It’s like a dream come true. My wedding turned out to be like what I wanted. After I’ve been given once again to Zelo he whispered to me.

“Can’t you act like a woman like your own age?”

“I told you not to get married with me before. Now you get it”

The wedding went smoothly. All the guests were asked to have their meals. And I was just standing by the bouquet of flowers that were arranged beautifully in front of the house that was more likely to be a mansion. Zelo’s relatives kept on looking at me like I did a serious crime. No one want to come and talk to me like you usually see; where there’re relatives and family members approached the bride and talk something like that. But it’s not for long a woman in her 30s came to me. From the way she looked at me I know she felt disgust. But I tried to give her my best smile.

“How do you meet my nephew? Did you get pregnant? Don’t you know that you’re way old for him?”

Her questions, I feel like I want to slap her right in the face that instant.

“Uhh we’ve been arranged to get married”

She left without saying anything and gave that one last disgusted look. I thought that’s the end but there were another three girls of Zelo’s age came to me.

“DON’T YOU DARE COME ANYMORE CLOSER TO OUR ZELO OPPA!” and they stomped away. Psh kids warning. It makes me chuckle.

“Yah! You unworthy kid!” a smack landed on my back causing me to choke on my champagne.

“Granny!”

“Who told you to do like that? You’ve embarrassed your parents and JunHong’s parents too! Can you at least show that you are a good wife?”

“Granny I’ve told them I don’t want to get married with him! He’s too young for me!” my grandmother wanted to say more but my mother interrupts.

“Ah Ra ya~ Are you okay?” she rubbed the scratch on my leg.

“I’m okay.”

“Why are you doing that? We thought we’d lost you!” JunHong’s father who is now my father in law grew concerned on me. He also sounds like my father which is ‘OH NO!’ now there will be two people that will nag me from time to time!

“You would really lost me if my sweet escape plan didn’t failed just now.” I said looking at the ground. At that exact moment another smack landed on my head.

“WHERE’S YOUR RESPECT!”

“GRANNY!” I rubbed my head and fixed my tiara.

“Why don’t you find JunHong” my mother in law suggested before all of them left me.

 

I went to find him but only to see him having fun with his friend. All of his friends are boys - of course. I wonder if that kid ever mingles with girls because he doesn’t seem like he did. He realized that I was looking at him and he waved at me. I waved at him back. His friends saw me and waved too; I just gave them a smile before heading to the small fountain at the back of the house. I felt a lot calmer there.

===

Night fell and I’ve changed to a more comfortable clothes. We still have few guests left, they were Zelo’s close relatives and one of them a woman of my age. I’ve spoke to her this evening but just like that. I can’t even remember what we had talking about on that day. Didin't want to be rude because I had made lots of trouble this evening, I sat with them.

“Do you think they will have children by next year? Oh oh maybe in a short time from now?” my mom said looking at me with a meaningful smile. They all laughed.

“That’s too early for them to have children but if they want I’d be happy to have a grandchild” My mother in law continued.

I thought she will defend me but she also got the same idea. Sigh.

“And I will have my first great grandchild” “Granny~~~~~” we laughed all night when Zelo came out of his room.

“Noona~~~~~ can you come into the room?” he said in a whining voice.

It was kind of awkward with the women are still there.

“Err JungHong aa..I still have guests here.”

“Noonaa~~~~” he pouted.

I can hear them giggle.

“Ah Ra ya~~ go. If not he’ll grumble” the woman of my age just now said in laughter.

“Don’t worry Ah Ra ya~~ we are about to go home. Now go to him” said JunHong’s aunt. With a heavy heart, I went to the room with Zelo.

edited. I really hope i 'd corrected most of the errors.