CHAPTER 2

My Husband is a 16 years old kid

“We, your father and I and also JunHong’s parents here planned to have your marriage this winter so by next week we are going to arrange your engagement ceremony” my mom said excitedly.

I can see her face lit with joy and happiness and I’ve never seen my mother like that before. I felt guilty at the same time to refuse to her plan. But this is my life and I am fully a grown up now, any decisions is in my hand and my parents shouldn’t interfere. They only ought to give their thoughts and not to decide.  

“Mom! He’s too young for me!” I've finally spoke.

“AH RA!” my father scowled.

“Urrghh!” I left the living room and headed towards the kitchen.

My throat somehow got dried from all of the things happened back there.

“Sorry for my daughter disrespectful behavior” I could hear my father apologizing to JunHong’s or whatever his name is parents.

I opened the refrigerator to get an ice cold drink.

“BO!” I jumped causing my drinks to spill on my dress.

I closed the refrigerator and found that brat standing behind it.

“WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING HERE? CAN’T GET ENOUGH STUMBLING ME DOWN WITH YOUR STUPID SKATEBOARD?” he giggled.

 “WHAT?!”

“Ahjumma~ you’re funny.”

“AHJUMMA?! YAH KID!” I knocked his head.

“Oww!!”

“Look kid”

“It’s Zelo”

“Whatever! Listen, I don’t want to get married with you so get your out of this house. Tell your parents that you don’t want to get married with me and beside you’re still young to get married” he gave a sigh and leaned his back on the wall.

“I wish I could. But I couldn’t”

“What do you- -“

“JunHong aa~ let’s get going”

“Coming~~”

“Hey hey Zelo wait wait..” he ignored me.

“Stupid kid” I mumbled.

===

After sending Zelo’s or Junhong’s parents off, I have a talk with my parents.

“Mom~~Dad~~~ I can’t get married with a kid~ I mean look at him. He’s too young!”

My mom and dad gave a sigh and my mom looked at my dad as if asking him to say something.

“Ah Ra..”

“Wait wait wait..Junhong just now said to me that he also didn't want to get married with me and I told him to tell his parents about it but he said can’t. What is this about?”

“Ah Ra..we are sorry we didn’t tell you about this. But your father and I have made a promise to his parents about this few months ago. Since we knew your birthday’s coming.”

“Then, what’s with the blind dates?”

“That one, we just give you some chances to find a man of your own choice.” My father explained.

“Mom~ Dad~ please~ how am I suppose to face my friends and worst our relatives that I’m getting married with a young kid? People will give bad impressions on me..” I begged but they don’t give a damn responds that they were agree with my opinion.

“I’m going to bed and I have to go back to my apartment tomorrow morning. I won’t be able to have breakfast with you; I have assignments and projects to finish.”

===

My engagement day will be next week. Invitations had been sent. For my engagement ceremony my parents will only invite our family members and relatives and some friends. My friends didn’t know about this so I didn’t bother to invite them. I’ll only be a source of jokes if they knew about it. And as for today I have to go with Junhong or so called Zelo (He don’t want me to call him Junhong peh! ) to find my dress. Awkward silence fell between us on the way to the boutique that had been told by my mom.

“I thought I can count on you.” I started a conversation that was more like starting a fight.

“I told you I can’t do anything” he said boringly while playing with is ipad.

I can’t believe this kid how can he be so calm like that? It seems like nothing’s happening.

‘Hey you are going to get married with a 25 years old lady here..’ I shook my head in disbelief.

I made a final turn to the left before arriving at the boutique.

“Welcome miss, may I help you?”

 “I’ve made an appointment just now, I’m going to get engaged next week and I need to find a dress.”

“Oh you must be Miss Shin Ah Ra”

“Uhh Yes I am” I smiled sheepishly.

 “Come here miss” the sales girl leads me to the back of the boutique.

 “Here you go miss” Wow!

The dresses were beautiful! Well it had been a long time since the last time I shopped for formal dresses. I picked some dresses that I like and tried it in the fitting room.

“Umm by the way miss, isn’t you brother going to choose any tux or any proper clothes for the event?”

“Huh? Brother? I don’t have a brother.” I was such a careless for saying that.

She looked at me with a confused look and pointed at Zelo.

“Ooo right~~hehehe yes. He’s my brother, adopted brother. I just get to get close to him so yea I guess I’m still not use to it” I gave a big smile.

“OO” she said.

“Zelo! Aren’t you gonna try something?” Zelo looked at me surprised.

“No” he smiled teasingly.

‘O k what was that?’

I tried every dress that I choose but Zelo keep saying it was not ok, doesn’t fit me and all. I don't know if he did it just for fun.

“Zelo please!” I started to get annoyed.

“No serious! It doesn’t look good on you”

“You pick then! We’ve been here for about half an hour! I have class in 45 minutes” he stood up and picked a pink knee length dress with a pink flower on its right, perfect for an engagement ceremony.

It was simple and cute. Well sometimes I think this kid is quite reliable and has a high sense of fashion. I tried it on.

“Ahjumma! You look cute!” I blushed to his compliment but luckily he didn’t see it. If not he would tease my all the way. So I paid for the dress and off to college after I sent him home.

edited