Not expected

World's Collide ~ Sequel to Captured ~

You had ushered everyone into the cottage and Mi Sook insisted that she would cook dinner for everyone, the DBSK and Big Bang boys were loud and boisterous. Jang Woo was still quiet.

You, Han Bi, Ki Nam and Jungmin all went into a quiet corner.

“Omo ~~~~~!” Han Bi squealed with Jungmin in her arms. “Your father! Is he angry? Does he want us to leave?”

Ki Nam gnawed at her lip. “Did he hit Jaejoong oppa? Omo ~~~~~~, I’m so sorry!”

The both hugged you tight, you gasped as the air was squeezed out of you. You lightly patted their backs.

“Okay…can’t…breathe,” you wheeze. They let you go immediately. “My appa... Jang Woo, he’s given me and Hero his blessing!”

Ki Nam’s jaw dropped open. “He did?! Are you sure?”

You nodded with a smile slowly appearing on your lips. “Yep, I’m pretty surprised myself actually.”

Han Bi hitched Jungmin up on her arm and gaped at you. “My god, Jang Woo allowing you to be with Jaejoong, are you sure he’s sober?”

You laughed. “Appa is very sober,” but you looked at Han Bi seriously. “Will you and GD oppa be okay though? I remember what my Appa did to you, how he had held you and GD hostage.”

Han Bi shook her head.

“~~~~~~ it’s fine, he was a father looking for his daughter. I know GD or me would have done it if we found someone who could give us information,” she kissed Jungmin’s cheek. “I love this little guy.”

You hugged her. “Thank you unnie.”

You looked at Ki Nam. “Will you be okay, I know he killed your parents but...”

Ki Nam hugged you. “I’m mad at him not at you, but I will allow this to slide. I barely recollect anything ever since the accident, but I’d rather yours, SangHee’s and Jaejoong oppa’s happiness rather than revenge. Besides, I’m not the vengeful type of person.”

Xiah skipped his way to Ki Nam’s side. “I don’t like the way Jaejoong hyung is being.”

Ki Nam giggled. “Did he hit you again?”

“That’s the thing, he didn’t. I would have thought he’d hit me since SangHee learnt ‘y time’ from me, but he was nice and he asked me how I was,” Xiah told you three. You glared at him.

“Oh yes. I have a bone to pick with you…’y time’?”

Xiah’s eyes widened and he backed away. “I didn’t mean it, I promised it slipped out!”

Ki Nam snorted. “Please, you sat there teaching her!”

You breathed out through your nostrils, you clicked your knuckles. “Right come here!”

Xiah squeaked and ran back to the cottage so fast he left a trail of dust behind him.

All three of you shook your heads and rolled your eyes.

-

-

-

Everyone was inside now, Jang Woo and Mi Sook were in the kitchen. Jang Woo nervously looked back at him.

“Oh god! There’s a horde of thugs in a Special Ops hideout!”

Mi Sook whacked him on the arm. “Jang Woo! You can’t say that, they’re ~~~~~’s friends. That man you’re calling a ‘thug’ is your grand daughter’s father!”

“It doesn’t matter!”

Mi Sook glared at her husband. “Of course it does! Yes, Jaejoong may have been Hero but he’s not now. Now, he’s a man who longs to be with the woman he loves and his long lost daughter. His friends seem nice and you’re being a grumpy old fart for not giving them a chance.”

Jang Woo stared at her. “Mi Sook darling, I just don’t want to see ~~~~~~ get hurt by them.”

“The only one hurting her is you. You’re trying to keep her from Jaejoong, she’s a grown woman now. She wants to do her own thing, she has a daughter for Christ sake! They all seem to have changed. Jaejoong is the CEO of Youngwoong Corporations! That shows he’s made something of himself!”

Jang Woo sighed. “I hate it when you’re right.”

Mi Sook chuckled and kissed him on the cheek. “Now stop hovering and go and socialise. I’m sure ~~~~~~ wants to introduce you to her friends.”

After sulking for a few more minutes, Jang Woo dragged himself to the living room with much effort. He walked into see DBSK and Big Bang chatting animatedly amongst each other, Mi Sook had given the three ladies plates to hand around.

Jaejoong was helping you host, when SangHee wasn’t looking, he leaned in and pecked you quickly on the lips. Jang Woo had to take deep breaths to calm himself. *~~~~’s happiness is what counts. It’s what counts* he chanted to himself.

“Appa!”

Everyone stopped talking and looked at Jang Woo, you carefully edged closer to him.

“Do you want to come in?” you asked him. He looked down to see he hadn’t even crossed the threshold of the living room, flustered he strode in.

“I’m fine ~~~~~,” he said briskly. Jaejoong handed him a glass of wine.

“Thank you for giving us your blessing again Mr. Park,” Jaejoong said and bowed.

“Yo hyung!” Max called. Jaejoong anxiously his lips.

“Mr. Park, allow me to introduce you to my family.”

Jang Woo looked around, though he knew they were gangsters before, he didn’t expect them to look so well presented. *I guess since they’re running Youngwoong Corporations they can afford nice clothes. But drug dealing is supposed to give a person lots of money.*

He pushed that thought out of his mind, he didn’t even want to think about that.

You gave your father a small nudge and en encouraging nod. “Go and mingle Appa. They’re lovely people.”

Jaejoong took Jang Woo to a circle of 4.

“This is Yunho, TOP, Daesung and Micky.”

Jang Woo hesitantly shook hands with all of them, TOP looked the most gangster out of all of them but Yunho’s height was also quite daunting.

“Nice to meet you,” Jang Woo said. He forced a smile on his face.

Daesung looked at him. “Are you alright? You look like you need the toilet.”

Jang Woo looked appalled at Daesung’s words, but when everyone chuckled lightly, he realised it was a joke.

Jaejoong shook his head. “Don’t mind Daesung, he’s just joking.”

Yunho bowed. “I never got a chance to thank you for clearing our records, it’s very much appreciated.”

TOP nodded. “Thanks for what you did. Even though the terms were unfair to Jaejoong hyung, thank you.”

Micky smiled. “Yes, thank you. We wouldn’t be where we are now had you not cleared our records.”

Jang Woo was surprised to find how…polite and well mannered they were. Since they’d been gangster before, he expected them to be rude and impolite and had no idea how to conduct an intelligent conversation but he was pleasantly surprised.

Right now, he was talking to Han Bi, Max and Ki Nam.

“Is this your son?” Jang Woo asked Han Bi, who was carrying Jungmin. Han Bi nodded proudly.

“He is. Jungmin say hi to Jang Woo ahjussi.”

Jang Woo smiled bashfully. “Oh I’m not an ahjussi…”

“Trust us; you don’t look a day over 40!” Ki Nam added. Jang Woo laughed. *Maybe…I could get used to these people.*

Jungmin peeked from Han Bi’s shoulder. “Is he SangHee’s friend?”

“Yes sweetie,” Han Bi said. Jungmin pulled a face.

“I don’t like SangHee! She’s a girl!”

Everyone laughed, Max offered to get people more wine but they refused. He left to check on how Mi Sook was doing with the food.

Jang Woo was on his way to the toilet but Seung Ri stepped out, he was waving his hand in front of his face.

“I’d wait a little bit sir, it’s not very nice the smell in there. Sorry,” Seung Ri said cheerfully and went back into the living room.

Jang Woo gaped at Seung Ri’s words, Xiah was walking down the hallway and took a big whoof. He pulled a face and looked at Jang Woo.

“You should be ashamed of yourself,” Xiah scolded and pinched his nose. “There’s food and young children around!”

Xiah walked off leaving Jang Woo baffled. *What weird people.*

Just then GD came out into the hallway with Jungmin, Jang Woo caught GD’s eye.

“Good evening,” Jang Woo said and bowed. “We haven’t spoken very much this evening.”

The tension between them was so thick it was suffocating. GD sighed.

“I better go back in, the wife will kill me.”

“Please, wait,” Jang Woo stopped him. “I’m sorry for what I did to you and Han Bi 5 years ago, it was wrong of me to do that. I should not have used forced.”

GD shrugged. “It’s over now, no need to go back to the past. We’re doing this so Jaejoong hyung and ~~~~~~ can be together happily with their daughter. I’ve lived 5 years with Jaejoong, I’ve watched him suffer like no man ever should. He deserves ~~~~~ and SangHee.”

GD left Jang Woo, who sighed heavily. *Why do I seem like the evil one here?! I’m only trying to protect my daughter and granddaughter! My family!*

-

-

-

“This is so good!” Max said as he hungrily ate the food on his plate, the others agreed. Mi Sook smiled.

“I’m glad you all liked it.”

Jang Woo watched as Jaejoong cut the pieces of meat on his plate then traded it with SangHee’s, he gave her a kiss on the forehead. You smiled at him.

Jang Woo sighed. *I used to do that for ~~~~~~ when she was little.*

Ki Nam sighed as Xiah got sauce all over his white shirt. “Aigoo, you should be the one wearing the bib. Not the two kids at the table.”

Xiah rubbed his shirt with his sauce covered fingers. “It’ll be fine, you worry too much!”

Mi Sook sipped her drink and t hen looked at Jaejoong. “So Jaejoong, when did you start Youngwoong Corporations? We all thought that the Kwangsoo fellow was the CEO.”

Jaejoong shook his head. “He’s just the face of the company, if the press found out I’m the real CEO, then they’d be digging into my past which is something I cannot allow. But yes, I’m the true CEP of Youngwoong Corporations and the company started 3 years ago.”

Mi Sook nodded impressed and gave you a look. “3 years only? But Youngwoong Corporations is a billion won company. I must congratulate you for achieving something so great”

Jaejoong nodded shyly. “Thank you.”

Under the table, Mi Sook kicked Jang Woo’s leg. He yelped and gave her a stern look but he spoke too.

“Yes, er, well done.”

“We helped too!” Seung Ri added with his mouth full.

GD rolled his eyes. “Sorry about him, we took him to the doctor’s and they said his mind is deteriorating so he comes out with a lot of rubbish.”

Everyone at the table laughed, including Jang Woo. SangHee and Jungmin blinked innocently, not understanding it at all.

“~~~~~~ was telling us about your retirement,” Han Bi said. “It must be a loss for Special Ops.”

Jang Woo shook his head. “I’m sure they’re coping, besides, they have ~~~~~ now.”

SangHee beamed at you. “Did you hear Mummy?! You’re the best!”

Jaejoong looked at you. “Yes she is.”

Everyone had finished dinner and Seung Ri and Daesung were forced into helping with the dishes.

Mi Sook and Jang Woo had to get back to the village they were staying in.

“It was nice meeting you.”

The men shook hands firmly and the women kissed each other’s cheeks. “We’ll see you soon.”

You, Jaejoong and SangHee followed Mi Sook and Jang Woo out.

“I hate to say this, but you and your friends aren’t as bad as I thought,” Jang Woo admitted to Jaejoong.

Jaejoong bowed. “Your approval is greatly appreciated.”

Jang Woo cleared his throat. “Just make sure you keep them safe, otherwise you’ll have me to deal with.”

You rolled your eyes, SangHee leapt into Jang Woo’s open arms.

“Bye grandpa and grandma!”

“We love you,” Jang Woo and Mi Sook said at the same time. Now it was your turn for the hug, you hugged Mi Sook then your father.

“I know you might not like Jaejoong at the moment, and so many people will disagree with our relationship…but he’s the most terrific man I’ve ever met and I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Jang Woo sighed. “I know, I could never argue with you anyway. I just want you to make sure you’ve made the right decision.”

You nodded. “I have.”

Jang Woo kissed the side of your head. “Just remember to tell SangHee who her father is.”

You pulled back. “I will.”

They got into the car and drove off, SangHee kept on waving till the car disappeared completely. DBSK and Big Bang were piling out of the house, TOP was rubbing his stomach.

“I’m so god damn full.”

Max smiled. “I’m still hungry!”

Yunho shoved Max. “What are you?! Half horse?!”

Jungmin had fallen asleep on Han Bi’s shoulder. “I think we better go.”

You hugged her and Ki Nam. “It was nice of you all to come, thank you for the support.”

You hugged the guys and then they left. SangHee wrinkled her nose at Jungmin. “Han Bi unnie will get Jungmin’s cooties now!”

You and Jaejoong laughed. Jaejoong caught your gaze and something passes between the two of you, he gave you a small nod and you both took SangHee’s hand.

“Let’s go for a nice night stroll,” Jaejoong suggested.

“Why? Chingu, where are we going?” SangHee asked. You swallowed.

“Sweetie, we need to tell you something.”

====

Hope you liked the chap ^^ The big confession is coming soon! See, I told you all hehe ^^