Reasoning

World's Collide ~ Sequel to Captured ~

Jang Woo’s expression was full of fury, Mi Sook held onto his arm and Jaejoong pulled SangHee back behind him for protection. Jang Woo saw the gesture.

“Oh great! You went back on your word. How could you?! Does she know?! Does she know that her father is a bloody cri-…”

“Appa!” you cut in. “Please, stop. I’m sorry you had to find out about this but-…”

“How dare you!” he shouted at you, you heard SangHee whimper. “After everything I did to make sure no one found out about you two, I risked everything and for what?! To have it slapped me back in the teeth?!”

Your hands shook terribly. “Please Appa, it’s not like that. I wanted to tell you, but there was never the right time.”

Jang Woo narrowed his eyes. “There will never be a right time for him,” he pointed at Jaejoong. “He’s a thug ~~~~~~. And now what, he’s posing as some CEO of South Korea’s biggest weaponry Corporations. Please, once a criminal always a criminal.”

SangHee tugged on your skirt. “Mummy, why is grand pa shouting?” she asked with a quivering lip. Jang Woo looked at her then at SangHee’s and Jaejoong’s clasped hands, he looked away in disgust.

“Does SangHee know?”

You and Jaejoong shook your heads, Jang Woo snorted.

“Of course she doesn’t, she wouldn’t be holding the bastard’s hand,” Jang Woo snarled. You let out an exasperated sigh.

“Appa, please! I know you’re furious at us, but SangHee is here.”

Mi Sok stepped out. “It’s okay sweetheart, I’ll take her inside,” Mi Sook held out her hand for SangHee to take. “Come on darling, let’s go inside and watch some TV. The grownups need to talk.”

SangHee didn’t want to at first, she clung on tightly to yours and Jaejoong’s hand. Jaejoong gave her an encouraging nod.

“It’s alright baby, Mummy and Chingu will be there soon.”

SangHee blinked. “You promise Chingu?”

He nodded and kissed her forehead. “I promise.”

When SangHee and Mi Sook left, your father advanced towards you and Jaejoong.

“You went back on your word!” he hissed at Jaejoong. You stood in front of Jaejoong protectively, your father would never hit you.

“So what?! How could you make him promise such a thing?! SangHee is his daughter,” you growled at him. “You had no right to keep Jaejoong away from SangHee.”

“Jaejoong?” Jang Woo repeated, then laughed in a deranged tone. “Is this your new name?! To keep the police off  of your back and the scums you call friends.”

Jaejoong clenched his fist. “Insult me as much as you want, but never insult my friends, especially my sister.”

Jang Woo snorted. “I should have killed you, for molesting my daughter. I don’t know what I was thinking to give you an out clause to the life you had, now you’re parading around telling everyone you’re Kim Jaejoong, CEO of Youngwoong Corporations.”

Jaejoong finally let his temper flare. “I had to!” he shouted back. “It was the only way I could get back to ~~~~~ and my daughter.”

Jang Woo let out a cry of outrage. “Why don’t you get it?! You cannot be with my daughter! You are a thug and a criminal, you think you’ve left that life behind but it will always come back to bite you on the . Do you think that SangHee will accept you as her father?”

Jaejoong winced when Jang Woo hit a sensitive spot.

“Do you want people to pick on her because of what her father used to be, do you even remember how you took ~~~~~?! You had no intentions of falling in love with her or having a child with her, you kidnapped her,” Jang Woo reminded him.

You pushed your father back. “Jaejoong’s changed, he really is the CEO of Youngwoong Corporations. Appa, please…listen to us. I want to be with Jaejoong, he’s a kind father to SangHee.”

Jang Woo pulled on his hair. “Don’t you understand ~~~~~?! His past will never leave him, the three of you will be supposedly happy for what? A few years, then someone from his past will come. I thought you left him because you wanted to protect SangHee?”

You nodded, your eyes b with tears. It was like your father was asking you to choose between himself or Jaejoong.

“I do want to protect her, but I can’t do it without her father,” you put your arm around Jaejoong. “I want to be with him Appa. I should have realised this 5 years ago, but living with him and getting fired from my job and having people insult me because of his past hurts less than to be separated from Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong cleared his throat. “I know my past as Hero was terrible, what I did to people, to you and to ~~~~~ was unforgivable. But you have to believe me when I say I love both ~~~~~~ and SangHee.”

Jang Woo stopped ranting for a moment. “You do?”

Jaejoong nodded enthusiastically. “More than my own life. I left what I used to be and became a better man for ~~~~~~ and SangHee, I know I should stick by our deal but when I saw them that day at the park…”

Jang Woo’s eyes widened and swivelled to you. “You saw him?! When?!”

“Appa,” you said. “Listen to Jaejoong.”

Jang Woo sighed. “Fine, go on.”

Jaejoong continued, “…when I saw them at the park, the wall I’d built up around ~~~~~~ and my child in my mind suddenly crumbled and I was weak to them. I needed to know about SangHee, she’s the daughter I’ve always wanted. As a father to a daughter yourself, you must know how I feel.”

Jang Woo looked away. You were precious to him, his only blood and bone.

“I ask for your forgiveness, for my mistakes in the past. I know my past will never go away, but I will do anything to protect ~~~~~ and SangHee. My team, who thank you for getting their records clean, will protect them. I won’t mention to anyone about my past and our deal as I know it could jeopardize your relationship with Special Ops and ~~~~~~’s current position. But I ask for your blessing as well, as ~~~~~~’s partner and SangHee’s father.”

You smiled at Jaejoong who had draped his arm around your shoulders, you gave a pleading look to your father.

“I know you think Jaejoong oppa is wrong for me and SangHee, but I disagree. He’s the kindest and most caring man I’ve met, I know I left him first but it’s taken me five long and painful years to realise how stupid I was. I can’t keep a girl away from her father, I know I wouldn’t want anyone to keep me from you.”

Jang Woo looked up stunned. “~~~~~?”

You let go of Jaejoong and gave your father a tight, warm hug. “Please Appa, trust me when I say Jaejoong’s the one. I love him Appa.”

Jang Woo hugged you tight and pulled back to look into your eyes, after a long time he sighed. “You do really love him don’t you?”

You nodded, the tears now falling. Jang Woo looked at Jaejoong. “And you love her and SangHee?”

“Words cannot begin to describe just how much I love ~~~~~~ and SangHee.”

Jang Woo honestly wanted to strangle Jaejoong for going back on their deal, but he couldn’t do it…it would crush his daughter. And it killed him to see you cry.

Jang Woo gave a defeated sigh. “Fine, I give you two my blessing,” he pointed to Jaejoong. “But if you put either of them in danger, or hurt them, I will hand your to you on a plate.”

You laughed but Jaejoong gulped. “Y-Yes sir.”

Jang Woo looked back at the cottage. “So SangHee doesn’t know?”

You shook your head. “No, but she has been asking. We were going to tell you first, then tell SangHee.”

“Does SangHee…like him?” Jang Woo asked you, making Jaejoong slightly uncomfortable. You smiled.

“SangHee really likes Jaejoong Appa.”

Jang Woo shivered. “Stop calling him Jaejoong. It’s freaking me out, I know him as Hero. So why Kim Jaejoong? Who’s respectable name did you take?”

You slapped his arm. “Appa!”

But Jaejoong touched your shoulder. “No, it’s okay. Actually Kim Jaejoong is my real name, my parents never had me registered which is why you could never find me when I was…Hero.”

Jang Woo rolled his eyes. “Kim Jaejoong sounds like an idol singer’s name. So you’re the CEO of Youngwoong Corporations huh?”

Jaejoong nodded. “Yes sir.”

“You make weapons?” Jang Woo continued on. “You better not be selling them illegally.”

Jaejoong shook his head. “Nope, everything we do is legal. Me and my team have been working for 5 years to get to where we are now in the industry.”

Jang Woo coughed. “Well, you’ve done well for yourself lad. But it doesn’t mean I like you or anything.”

Jaejoong and you exchanged a smile. “No, of course not.”

Jang Woo looked at you. “What about Geun Suk and HaeJin? Do they know?”

“Oh god,” you moaned. “HaeJin doesn’t seem to remember Jaejoong at all.”

Jang Woo looked Jaejoong up and down. “Well can you blame the guy? Jaejoong looks completely different from Hero, Hero was so cheap looking…”

“Appa!”

Jaejoong squeezed you. “It’s okay.”

“And Jaejoong looks…classy and like a business man. I wouldn’t have thought you were the same guy I shouted at in your back garden for getting my daughter pregnant.”

Everyone grew quiet at the unpleasant memory 5 years ago.

“Should we keep it from HaeJin?” you asked both men. Jang Woo shrugged.

“It’s up to you, I’m more worried about Geun Suk.”

“Me too,” you said biting your lip. Geun Suk loves you and this piece of news will break his heart. *I only hope someone worthy of Geun Suk’s love and passion will be able to piece his broken heart back together.*

Jang Woo looked at Jaejoong. “You better not regret me allowing you to be with ~~~~~ and SangHee.”

“You won’t regret it Sir,” Jaejoong said bowing.

“You better not Hero,” Jang Woo said. You were about to correct him but someone interrupted.

“I didn’t know Jaejoong hyung is still being called Hero,” a voice said. All three of you turned to see both Big Bang and DBSK with Han Bi and Ki Nam and Jungmin standing looking at all of you.

Jang Woo stepped back. “What the hell?! Who are these guys?!”

Jaejoong stepped out. “Guys meet Jang Woo officially as part of Youngwoong Corporations and no longer gangsters of West Seoul. Jang Woo, meet my family.”

Jang Woo gulped at the intimidating number of them. “H-Hi.”

 =====

Nice of jang woo to be a little accepting ;) Now only Geun Suk and HaeJin left to find out and there's still Rain on the loose :/ Hope you all liked it, next chap is jang woo meeting dbsk and big bang ^^

OH...

I've recently made a skype account for those who fancy a chat or want to ask me questions, I want to get to know all my readers! (I mean that in the most non y way as possible!) :L

So my wonderful readers and subscribers...add me on skype!

My name is>> 'noddylacey' >> same as my username here on AFF. If you do add me, I look forward to chatting with you!! Feel free to ask me questions about the story or if you just want a chat, I'm  here :D