New life

World's Collide ~ Sequel to Captured ~

You and SangHee were in a café, she was eating a butterscotch cake while you sat with your eyes wide. Your mind was stuck on the brief meeting with Hero...no...Jaejoong.

*I-I can’t believe I let him go again, without saying I still love him.*

“Mummy?” SangHee said in her high voice. “Why are you crying?”

You quickly wiped your tears away. “Because mummy is sad to see my baby girl growing up,” you lied easily.

SangHee crawled onto your lap. “I will never grow up! I will stay little so mummy will love me forever!”

You giggled and kissed the tip of her nose.

“Whether you’re small, tall or all grown up. Mummy will never stop loving her baby girl,” you said lovingly.

SangHee ran her icing coated fingers down your chin. “Mummy promises?”

You nodded and gave her a sloppy kiss on the cheek. “Mummy promises.”

Suddenly your phone began to ring, you wiped the icing off your chin and picked it up.

“Agent Park,” you said. It was a typical Special Ops agent greeting, most agents referred to themselves or other agents via their last name.

“You know you can use your real name around me,” a deep teasing voice said on the other line. You rolled your eyes.

“Geun Suk this is my work phone…meaning this call has to be professional. So what have you got for me?”

“Geun Suk?!” SangHee squealed. “Oppa!”

Geun Suk chuckled. “Happy Birthday princess.”

“Did you hear that mummy? Geun Suk oppa said I’m a princess,” SangHee said proudly.

You smiled but turned serious. “Is this about the case?”

“Oh right. We have the location for Case 456, we’re just planning now and since you’re the head for this case I thought you should know.”

You bit your lip. “Now? I’m kind of in the middle of something. But I guess my Appa can babysit.”

"No ~~~~~~, it's SangHee's birthday so stay with her. I only called because I know you'd whoop my arse if I didn't tell you as soon as I found out."

You sighed heavily. "No, I'll be there. Give me 30 minutes."

-

-

-

“I’m sorry to do this swetheart,” you said to a sad SangHee. “But when mummy gets back from work, I promise to bring Geun Suk oppa over and Hae Jin oppa.”

“Will they bring me cake?” she asked.

You nodded. “Yes they will.”

SangHee giggled. “Okay. Catch the bad people mummy.”

She skipped off just as Jang Woo came over, he had a serious frown on his face.

“Please don’t abandon your daughter like I abandoned you,” he said seriously.

You gave him a sombre look. “I’m not abandoning her and you didn’t abandon me. This is just me making money. I’m sorry it’s such short notice but I have to go. I hope you and Mi Sook had a nice holiday.”

-

-

-

“Give me all the info you’ve got,” you said tersely to your team. You were now a Senior Agent with Geun Suk, the rest of your team were Junior Agents.

Geun Suk slid a large file across the table in front of you. You opened it.

“Target’s name is Hwang JunSun, he’s been dealing illegal weapons to North Korea. One of them was the key ingredient to make a nuclear bomb,” one of your team said.

You quickly scanned the file. “And you are sure they are meeting here?” you asked pointing to the name and picture of an old warehouse down town.

Geun Suk nodded. “Pretty positive, this guy is thicker than 5 blocks of wood. It didn’t take long till the communications department was able to track his phone and get all the logs.”

You smirked and stood up. “Great, let’s roll.”

You and Geun Suk were in the Senior Weaponry room, Geun Suk was choosing guns whilst you were trying to put a bullet proof vest on. Geun Suk saw you struggling.

“Want any help?”

“Please,” you said and turned around. You moved your long graceful hair out of the way, giving Geun Suk a lovely view of your slender neck. He securely fastened your vest, but his eyes never left your neck. He was a er for women with a graceful neckline.

“You know, we could have done this op tomorrow. After SangHee’s birthday.”

You sighed and faced him. “I know, but I feel better knowing I’ve put one more bad guy behind bars. My little girl gets to sleep in peace and so do I.”

Geun Suk understood, though SangHee wasn’t his biological daughter, he treated her as if she was his own.

He grinned. “I’m assuming princess wants some cake?”

“Of course! It wouldn’t be a birthday without her Geun Suk and Hae Jin oppa.”

“I heard my name?” Hae Jin suddenly appeared, he was wearing a black suit with a gun hanging loosely around his waist. “And I heard cake too.”

Geun Suk rolled his eyes. “Aish, you’re supposed to be wearing a gun holster. How did he get promoted to your father’s job?”

“Yah!” Hae Jin protested. You sighed and held your hands up.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I have a dangerous weapon's dealer to catch.”

Geun Suk nodded. “Yeah me too.”

You left the room first, just as Geun Suk was about to step out Hae Jin blocked his way. He looked at Geun Suk in the eye.

“Don’t let your feelings for ~~~~~ ah get in the way of this op.”

Geun Suk rolled his eyes. “Gosh you make it sound like this is my first time going out on a mission with her. Relax, I’ll be fine. Nothing wrong about keeping my partner safe.”

=

=

=

The mission was pretty easy, like Geun Suk said, the guy was thicker than 5 blocks of wood.

Geun Suk had cuffed JunSun and was carting him off to the van. You raised your brows as you watched him struggle and curse in Geun Suk’s grip.

“You bastards! Ruining my business! My living! I’ll get you!”

“Shut up,” Geun Suk snapped and threw him into the van, he turned to the other Junior agents. "Take him to sector 9, make sure they squeeze every ounce of information out of him."

Dusting his hands, Geun Suk made his way to you and a warm, kind smile lit his face. “All done. So we should be getting that cake now.”

You checked your watch. “She’ll be asleep though, how about tomorrow instead.”

Geun Suk hid his disappointment. “Sure, I’ll be there.”

“Good,” you smiled at him. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

As you walked away you could feel his stare bore into your back, you could almost see him sigh and curse. Feeling guilty, you got into your car. *I don’t mean to lead you on Geun Suk, you’re one of my good friends, I don’t want to lose you like I’ve lost everything else. This is my new life, and I should try to forget him…but after seeing him today…I don’t think I can.*

=======

Hope it was okay :D