Phone Call

World's Collide ~ Sequel to Captured ~

A double post, because I felt guilty about not updating in AGES!

======

It was morning and Rain had come out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist and his torso bear, he had his phone in his hand. He scowled when he saw the computer whiz with SangHee in the kitchen.

“Why do you bother to feed it?”

The computer whiz looked at Rain. “Hyung-nim, she’s only 5.”

Rain rolled his eyes. “Whatever,” he got out a can of beer and took a large gulp. He sauntered over to the computer whiz and SangHee, he towered over her. “I’m going to make your mother pay for killing my father Cha Sung, first, I want to play with her for a little while. It will piss Hero off,” Rain said smirking.

“Hyung-nim! The guns you wanted have arrived.”

Taking another swig of his beer, he put his phone down and lazily left the kitchen. “Finally, my toys have arrived.”

Suddenly, a loud bang sounded. SangHee screamed and trembled violently. Tears streamed out of her eyes.

“I want my mummy,” she wailed loudly. The computer whiz hugged her tightly, trying to offer her some comfort in this hell of a place.

“Yah!”

The computer whiz jumped and put his hand on the counter, not knowing it hit Rain’s phone and dialled a number.

“W-What?”

One of Rain’s men glowered at him. “Hyung-nim wants that brat to keep quiet. He’s doing business!”

The computer whiz nodded.

-

-

-

You were in the office, ever since you’d told Han Bi and Ki Nam what had happened during the years you were away from Jaejoong and how much time you had spent with Geun Suk – who’s in love with you – they kept on looking at him.

Geun Suk sat down next to you in the canteen. “Your friends keep giving me weird looks.”

You laughed. “They are weird.”

Just then, Jaejoong walked in and went straight to the sandwich section. He pretended that he didn’t see you and Geun Suk, he tried to keep his expression calm and blank but his hands were clenched into tight fists.

*They’re friends, though he loves her, they’re just friends* he chanted in his thoughts.

Geun Suk cleared his throat. “~~~~~~, I wanted to ask you something.”

“Go ahead.”

“You and Jaejoong…were you two ever a thing?”

He noticed how your hand tightened ever so slightly on your knife and fork, but you shook your head. “N-No, we’re just friends.”

*Omo! Why did I say that?*

“Why?”

He shrugged. “I was just curious, because if you two were and you still have feelings for him…please don’t stop yourself from being happy on my account. Yes, I have very strong romantic feelings for you ~~~~~, but I’d rather see you happy than be single and miserable with me.”

You guiltily looked away. *I lied about my past with Jaejoong, I’m hurting two of the most important people in my life!*

He squeezed your hand. “Any man would be lucky to have a woman like you.”

You almost broke down in tears. “No…any woman would be lucky to have you Geun Suk.”

Just then your phone rang. You recognised the number and your blood ran cold.

“~~~~~? Who is it?”

You answered it and put it on speaker. “Hello?”

“I’ll take care of you,” a kind voice spoke softly. You frowned.

“That’s strange,” you muttered. “I thought this was the ring leader’s phone number.”

“Maybe it’s just the wrong number,” Geun Suk suggested but then you both heard it. The shrill laugh that you knew all too well. SangHee’s laugh.

“Good girl. Don’t cry anymore, I won’t let hyung-nim hurt you.”

“I want my mummy and oppa’s!”

“YAHH!” a booming voice on the other line barked. “Get your ing over here now and bring my phone.”

The line went dead. You and Geun stared at each other.

“Was that-…”

You stood up and sprinted down the hall to the tracking room, you threw your phone on the desk, careful not to break it.

“Trace the call,” you ordered.

“But Agent Park-…”

“Do it now,” you hissed. Geun Suk ran in after you and hugged your shaking body. He your hair. You sobbed into his chest.

“I-I think we have a chance of finding her.”

“I think so too.”

Jaejoong, the rest of DBSK and Big Bang entered the room. “What’s going on?”

You gave him a small smile. “I got a call from the ring leader, but it wasn’t him…it was SangHee.”

“What?” Jaejoong asked exasperatedly. “SangHee?”

You nodded, he rushed over to you and hugged you tightly. You laughed and let him spin you around, everyone was shocked at the sudden sight. You and Jaejoong had never displayed such a friendly and intimate display before, but now…it was obvious to everyone you two definitely had a past.

He set you down. “We’re going to find her ~~~~~,” he promised you. You searched in his eyes, his gave anchoring yours.

Geun Suk watched with a heavy heart. *So I guess they were lovers in the past. Wait…is he SangHee’s father?* Then he remembered what HaeJin had said, about Jaejoong and his team having records that were too clean.

*Maybe I should do research on them myself*

“I’m sorry Agent Park, but the signal is encrypted,” a junior agent apologised. Taeyang rolled his eyes and shoved the junior agent out of the way.

“I doubt a 5year old would be able to know how to disrupt the GPS signal on a phone,” Taeyang said sarcastically. You were surprised at how he knew so much, Geun Suk watched carefully.

“How did he learn to do that?” you whispered to Jaejoong. He hesitated.

“When we were, well you know, some tried to hide from us. So Taeyang learnt it all and he’s pretty much a whiz at this.”

Geun Suk sighed. “Can you get the calls back from the past of when Agent Park was talking to the ring leader, and the call she received today.”

Taeyang keyed in a few words and digits, “Voila, there you go.”

Taeyang isolated the voice of the ring leader and the voice of the guy on the call today, he compared them through the Secret Op’s database.

The screen read: MATCH FAILED

“Whoever was on the phone, definitely wasn’t our ring leader,” Geun Suk guessed. “Perhaps he has more than one prisoner.”

Jaejoong’s stance changed into one of authority and power. “I don’t care, get SangHee back. Find a way to track the call.”

Geun Suk narrowed his eyes. *Why does he care so much for SangHee?*

“Oh my god,” Taeyang exclaimed. “I’ve got it. I’ve got the exact location of where he has SangHee.”

-

-

-

“I told you to keep the brat quiet,” Rain said to the computer whiz, and he punched him hard in the jaw. One of Rain’s men had carried SangHee into the room, she no longer smiled but her eyes were full of worry and fear.

The computer whiz’s lip bled profusely, and he stood up massaging his now aching jaw. He was glad Rain was wearing clothes now, it would not have been a pretty sight to look up at an almost man…

“If she had stayed the way she was, she would have been crying all night.”

Rain almost hit him again for answering back, but he saw his phone.

“Give that to me!”

He snatched it away from the computer whiz and stared in horror at the last number that was dialled.

“What. The. . Have. You. Done,” Rain said between clenched teeth.

“I didn’t do anything.”

Rain backhanded the computer whiz, sending him hurtling down to the floor. Before the computer whiz could recover, he felt the sharp pain of a foot ramming into his rib cage.

CRACK!

The computer whiz cried out in agony, his eyes scrunched in unbearable pain as a rib broke. His cries were not as high as SangHee’s, who cried relentlessly.

“What have you ing done you mother er!” Rain shouted. He stared at his phone, and the call log. Your number was there.

When he had called you in the past, he had made sure the signal of the GPS on the phone was so scrambled that no one could piece it together.

But when this call was made, only partially of the signal was scrambled…meaning whoever received the call could trace it.

Rain pulled his hair. He knew they didn’t have long to escape to a new location, they didn’t even time to clean the place to make sure they didn’t leave any sort of DNA.

“We need to get out of here,” Rain ordered his men.

“Take a ing step with my daughter and I’ll blow your balls off.”

======

Ah! SangHee's been found, and the identity of the Computer Whiz will be revealed. Rain's a meanie isn't he? Another cliffhanger ;) Hope you all enjoyed ^^ Comment! Subscribe! Let's be friends?! :D