Right Here

World's Collide ~ Sequel to Captured ~

The three of you had continued to walk on in silence; you kept fiddling with the zipper of your coat as you rehearsed in your mind on how to tell SangHee that Jaejoong was her father.

Everything you thought of, just didn’t seem right. It either seemed too blunt and emotionless, or it was wavering off the subject.

You wanted to slap yourself. *I shouldn’t have left Jaejoong in the first place!*

You felt a warm, reassuring hand gently rub the mid of your back. You looked to see Jaejoong giving you an ‘it’s going to be okay’ smile.

You nervously looked at SangHee.

“Mummy, can we go get some cake?” SangHee asked you. You nodded.

“Of course sweetie, let’s see if any of the shops are open.”

Luckily, one bakery at the village town was open. Jaejoong bought some cream cakes – after insisting he pays – and SangHee her lips.

“I love cakes! What about you Chingu?”

Jaejoong chuckled. “I like that you like it baby.”

SangHee smiled her toothy smile. You felt your heart break at the scene. *Why is it so hard for me to tell her?*

It’s because you’re afraid she’ll reject Jaejoong and be mad at you.Your conscious whispered.

You subtly shook your head. *It’s not that!*

Then you’re afraid SangHee will be mad at for you keeping Jaejoong’s identity from her, and then she won’t love you anymore. She wouldn’t you to be her mother.

Your conscious had got it exact. *What if she’s so mad at me…she won’t want me to be her mother?*

Jaejoong too was nervous, Jang Woo’s words had been bothering him. *Will SangHee be ashamed to have a father like me?*

“Chingu!”

Jaejoong looked down at her. “Yes baby?”

SangHee was pointing to a play park. “Can we go and play in there for a while?”

Jaejoong smiled at her. “I’m not sure baby, as Mummy.”

SangHee turned to you. “Mummy can we go and play in the park?”

You giggled. “Of course sweetie, but only for a little while. We have to go home soon, so you can go to bed.”

All three of you went into the park, you and SangHee went on one end of the see-saw whilst Jaejoong was on his own on the other end. Surprisingly, he weighed more than you and SangHee both!

You teasingly slapped his stomach. “I think you’re getting a pot belly Mr. Kim Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong frowned and hugged you from behind. “Aish! If I didn’t love you, I’d be showing you why people don’t mess with me.”

He was about to kiss you, but SangHee popped out of nowhere.

“Mummy! Chingu! Can I go on the swing?”

Jaejoong helped SangHee into the child swing, and he gave a gentle push.

SangHee laughed. “Higher Chingu!”

Jaejoong gave a feeble push.

“Higher Chingu! Higher!”

Jaejoong didn’t want to push harder. *What if I scare her?! Or worse, hurt her?*

Appa won’t push you higher baby!” Jaejoong said.

It was as if time froze. You stood absolutely still and you held your breath, Jaejoong realised his slip and he too was rigid.

SangHee’s swing wasn’t swinging wildly anymore but came to a halt. She managed to turn herself around.

“Appa?” she repeated. She brightened instantly. “My Appa is here?”

You and Jaejoong walked towards each other and held hands, Jaejoong took a deep breath and looked SangHee in the eyes.

“Baby…what if I told you that…your Appa really is here?”

SangHee clapped her hands. “I want to see my Appa Chingu! Is my Appa really here?”

Jaejoong crouched down so he was level with SangHee. He swallowed, the lump in his throat making it difficult for him to breathe.

“SangHee sweetheart, what if I told you that…I’m your Appa?”

SangHee blinked. “Chingu is my Appa?”

She looked at you, you were silent. SangHee looked back at Jaejoong.

“SangHee?”

“I don’t understand…Mummy said Appa was far away.”

Jaejoong shook his head, his eyes b with fresh tears.

“No baby,” he tapped his chest. “Appa is right here.”

SangHee’s bottom lip quivered. “Why didn’t Appa tell me sooner? Don’t you love me anymore?”

Jaejoong’s eyes widened in horror and he gently pulled her out of the swing and hugged her tight.

“Appa will always love you baby. I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you sooner, but Appa didn’t tell you who he was because…”

Jaejoong looked at you, his tears spilled over.

“Because I had to go away for a little while, but when I came back, I wanted to surprise you and Mummy.”

“Surprise?” SangHee mumbled. “I don’t like this surprise.”

Jaejoong snivelled. “Yes, a surprise. And also, my little baby grew into a beautiful young princess that I wasn’t sure it was you.”

SangHee smiled. “Really? Appa thinks I’m a princess?”

Jaejoong hid his tear stained face, but allowed SangHee to see his smile. “Of course! My baby SangHee is the little princess, I’m the King and Mummy is the Queen.”

Jaejoong held his arm out for you to join in on the hug, you let out a huge breath and ran into his arms. You hugged SangHee too.

“Do you like your Appa sweetie?” you asked her nervously, you tried to make your voice sound normal since you were crying too. SangHee looked at you with her big round eyes.

“I love my Appa! I told you that handsome Chingu should be with my pretty Mummy, but handsome Chingu is now my handsome Appa!” SangHee gave Jaejoong a kiss on the cheek. “I’ve missed you Appa.”

She threw her arms around his neck, Jaejoong’s heart exploded with happiness. He’d been waiting for what felt like an eternity for SangHee to call him ‘Appa’.

He kissed her head. “I’ve missed you too baby. I will never try to surprise you and Mummy again.”

“I love my Mummy and Appa.”

*I love my family* both you and Jaejoong thought.

-

-

-

“Can I introduce Appa t my friends?” SangHee asked excitedly. Jaejoong laughed.

“Of course! But I’ll be the coolest Appa there, and Mummy will be the coolest Mummy!”

You rolled your eyes but SangHee agreed.

“Yes! My friends will be jealous! Oh Mummy! Can we tell Geun Suk and HaeJin oppa about Appa?”

You sighed. “Not yet sweetie, maybe after they’ve finished working. But we will tell them.”

Once the three of you reached the cottage both you and Jaejoong helped SangHee prepare for bed. Jaejoong helped her brush her teeth.

“How did Appa brush his teeth when he was away?”

Jaejoong smiled. “I brushed my teeth like this.”

He took his own toothpaste and began to brush his teeth, but in an exaggerated way whilst pulling faces. SangHee laughed.

“Chingu! You look funny.”

Jaejoong pouted. “Aw, I’m your Appa not Chingu.”

SangHee patted his head. “Sorry Appa, I love you.”

Jaejoong chuckled. *She’s going to be able to get her own way with cute words and big round eyes. Aish, I’m going to be the Appa that gives in to his daughter all the time!*

You helped SangHee wash her face and change into her pyjamas. You and Jaejoong tucked her into bed.

You kissed SangHee’s forehead. “I love you sweetie.”

SangHee yawned. “I love you too Mummy.”

You looked back at Jaejoong. “I’ll give you two a minute.”

You went to the door, Jaejoong sat on the edge of SangHee’s bed and her head. “You’ll have to be up early tomorrow for your study session with Onew oppa!”

SangHee nodded. “I know Appa. Appa…are you and Mummy like Ki Nam unnie and Xiah oppa and Han Bi unnie and GD Oppa?”

Jaejoong smiled. “Yes, we’re exactly like them.”

“So do you love Mummy, Appa?”

“I love Mummy very much. And I love you very much too.”

SangHee yawned again. “I love Appa very much too.”

Jaejoong leaned down to kiss her forehead, and when he was pulling away, SangHee threw her arms around him the last minute.

“You’re never going to go away again are you?”

Jaejoong’s heart ached at the thought. He couldn’t go now, not when he’s finally reunited with his family.

“No, never. I’ll always be here.”

SangHee lay back down. “Good. Goodnight Appa.”

And she was fast asleep. Jaejoong pulled the covers up and turned her lamp off but left her night light on, she checked the windows were securely shut and then left the room.

You hugged him. “I’m so happy she knows who you really are.”

He pecked you on the lips. “Me too.”

“So, you’re never going to huh?”

Jaejoong looked perplexed. “Never what?”

You ran your fingers through his hair. “Never going to leave?”

Jaejoong smiled and lifted you bridal style. “Not unless you want me too.”

You cupped his cheek. “I never want to be apart from you ever again.”

Jaejoong deeply kissed you, leading into your room where he showed you just how much he loves you.

 =====

Yay! SangHee finally knows. N'AWW cute hehe. Hope you all likey ;)