Chapter 23

We Got Married

Min Lee's POV:

Your heart was beating fast when Nana pushed you roughly towards the wall. As she pushed towards the wall, you hurt your back and let out a slight yelp but quickly kept quiet when Nana started to threaten you again. This wasn't your first encounter. She has been coming after you almost every time you see her, be it Music shows or Variety shows that you both would appear together, she would be all lovey-dovey on camera, but off camera, she literally looked like she would kill you. You tried hard to keep your tears to yourself as she threatens you and said that you didn't deserve the award. You know that you would break into tears if you try to speak, so you just kept quiet the whole time, hoping that it would end soon. 

She's going to slap me again... Just like before. She would do it this time as well. 

You shut your eyes tight as you wait for the slap but to your surprise, you heard a familiar voice instead.

Tao...?

"What are you doing?" Tao asked coldly. 

Tao could be very cold and scary but you know that deep down that handsome being, is a soft and cuddly maknae that you can't help but adore. You was so glad at the fact that you were being saved this time you didn't even notice Nana left. He turned to you and you smiled at him. Genuinely happy at the fact that you're being saved. 

Tao's stare quickly soften as he turn his gaze on you. 

Those are the gaze that I recognize. Soft and sensitive. Loving maknae...

"Noona... Are you okay?" he asked. 

You answered him cheekily saying that why won't you be since you've won an award. But you knew that it wasn't enough to convince him that you were alright. He had a slight hint of hurt in his gaze. 

Tao-ah... Having you saving me, that's also an award to me... 

>>>

Its already about 4 months since you've debuted and you practically became famous almost overnight. You were being loved not only by fans, but also by everyone in SM. 

"Min Lee-ah. I have a great news for you" said manager oppa as you both were having lunch in the cafeteria. 

You look at him wide eyed, wondering what great news it could be. 

"MBC... Contacted me..." he continued without looking up and trying hard to contain his big grin on his face. 

MBC...? 

"Oppa! Hurry up and tell me" you said, no longer able to keep up with this surprise. 

"They want you to be on We Got Married!! They have come up with a whole new season! They wanted to have new artists to be in the show this time! Isn't it great?! YOU'RE CHOSEN MIN LEE!!"

You looked at him, jaw dropped. Unable to process what he just told you. 

"What?!!! WGM?!!" you squeal in excitement.

"Yes!!! Oh my gosh Min Lee! I'm so happy for you!"

"W-Who... Who's going to be my husband?" you asked quietly, trying to hide the blush that's now quite obvious on your cheeks. 

"Nobody knows except them. You'll just have to wait."