Holding Out For a Hero

SHINEErice's Request One-Shot Shop [APPLY CLOSED!]

Mistral

1.song: DBSK -The way you are, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLInutRHJWk
2.Characters: Mia and ”Hero” Kim Jaejoong, both 25
3.the setting: district they live in
Title:Holding out for a hero
5.type of story : romantic
6.plot/summary : He considered a bad boy in the neighborhood. He did gave this impression, as he was not very friendly, always suspecting people to treat him with prejudice, often coming with scratches from fights. But she founds out accidentally that he was fighting with guys who was bulling younger kids. She does not like people to be treated unfairly and befriends him. He falls for her. Happy end for the couple 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song for story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLInutRHJWk

Mia's POV~

I was just about to head out when I heard some noise coming from my window. I look out into the dark alley and see some shadows surrounding sombody. I know I should be helping somehow, but the cops around my neighborhood don't care and fights and drugs are a regular thing around this area. I see someone running away it's a...little boy? What's happeneing down there? Aish, I grab my purse and head into the alley.

Jaejoong's POV~

"Hurry up get home! And don't look back ok kid?" I yell to the frightened little boy. He nods and runs away.

"Tch, and that kid had a lot of pocket money since he came from that rich private school. So what are you gonna do now pretty boy?" The men ask. I simply punch one in the face and kick the other one in the groin.

"Why you little punk!" One lunges at me and I feel a sting around my lower leg. Tch, that jerk had a knife.

"Not so tough now are we?" He mocks. I see an opening, I didn't take any martial arts classes but I konw enough about street fights. Within seconds, I can knockout five people. Since there were only 3 guys, It wasn't that hard. I took a peak from the dark alley corner and see the boy walking away with some young girl. I've seen her around before, I think she lives around my area or something.

"Aish, why should I care?" I scratch the back of my head and walk away.

Mia's POV~

I was about a block away from the alley when a little boy ran up to me crying.

"N-noona! I was so scared. I want my umma and appa!" I tried to comfort the little boy and I took his hand.

"What's your name sweetie?" I ask in a calm voice. He wipes away his tears and says,

"Jun Park Min." I smile and tell him,

"You were very brave for running away like that. How did you escape Jun?"

"There was a strong hyung who noticed me. He was very pretty, he had blonde hair and had a motorcycle." I flinch.

"Jun, make sure you don't come back to this neighborhood again ok? And try to stay away from that man, he's known for fighting and trouble-making ok?"

"But noona, he saved me." I sigh and ask him,

"Do you know your adress Jun? I can take you there." He nods and I walk him home. God, how many more fights will I hear about that Jaejoong guy. But, did he really save that little boy?

Jaejoong's POV~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tch. Jerks attacking me just because I knocked out their buddies from earlier today. God I don't even know where I'm headed. I need to get home. My legs feel like lead. I end up collapsing on the floor. I'm only about a door away from my apartment..

Mia's POV~

"Hey wake up." I say gently patting Jaejoong's cheeks. He slowly opens his eyes and asks,

"Where am I?" I roll my eyes and check his forehead. He's fine, no fever.

"You're at my house. I came home to find you laying in front of my door." He tried getting up but I push him back down.

"Where do you think you're going?" I ask. He chuckles and replies,

"I doubt you want to keep me here. Besides, I can take care of myself thanks."

"Nope, you're not leaving. It's already 3 in the morning so you might as well stay till the sun comes up at least."

Jaejoong's POV~

Did she stay up late just to take care of me?

"I'm going to go make something to drink. You want tea or coffee?"

"I'm fine with either." I reply. I look at my hands and see she cleaned my cuts and wounds. She even put a heat patch under my back. I don't remember the last time anyone did something like that to me. She came back and asked me,

"Did you really save that kid from this morning?"

"What do you think?" I reply. She rolls her eyes and says,

"Just drink your tea and go to sleep."

"I'm Kim Jaejoong. What's your name?"

"Mia. And I heard about you already. No need for introductions." She says giving me a cocky grin. My heart skiped a beat for a second. Wait. Why'd it do that?

"Why do you want to know my name?" I grin.

"You're my neighbor aren't you? I live to the right of your door."

Mia's POV~

"Thats kind of explains why your place is always quiet. You rarely go there right?" He nods. He's so mysterious but he keeps everything to himself.

"Well, the bathroom's right bown the hall if you need it. I'm going to bed." He simply chuckles and says,

"Did you not hear me? I live one door down from you, I'm gonna head home." I blush, how stupid can I be?

"Well, nice meeting you." I say. He nods and just as he's about to leave, he mumbles,

"Thanks for the care."

Jaejoong's POV~

"Well, nice meeting you." She says and gives me a warm smile that warms me up more than the tea did. I head out the door and feel a little guilty and say,

"Thanks for the care." As I enter my own home, I can't help but notice the loneliness. I went to sleep that day thinking of Mia, I don't know why but she just keeps popping into my head.

Mia's POV~

I just closed my apartment door. I was in the middle of a yawn so I didn't really see the person I bumped into.

"Oh, sorry!" I apologize.

"It's ok, it was partly my fault too." I look up and see Jaejoong.

"Morning."

"Morning." We say to eachother.

"You feeling better?" I ask.

Jaejoong's POV~

I cringe. Why is she being so nice to me? I'm not used to this kind of behavior towards me. I'm so used to people thinking I'm nothing but trouble.

"I'm better. Thanks." She nods and heads off when I suddenly grab her wrist.

"Yes?" She asks giving me those innocent eyes.I blush and look away.

"Listen, I feel kind of bad about troubling you last night. Are you busy tonight? I mean I can't take you any where expensive but I know a great place." She smiles and says,

"Sure, I'd like that."

Mia's POV~

Why did I say yes?! I barely know the guy and yet I agreed to go somewhere with him. Not to mention the trouble he brings.Ottokae?!  Well, once I think about it, I never really heard his side of the story. I mean, there's a reason he's involved in those kinds of fights right?

Jaejoong's POV~

"Um." She says standing at the curb.

"Come on, it's fun I promise." She fidgets holding the helmet. I pat the seat behind me.

"I promise you won't get hurt. You'll have the helmet on too. Just make sure you hold on really tight. Come on, swing one leg over. I wanna show you something." She hesitates but eventually agrees.

"Hold on tight." She wraps her arms around my waist and that only causes my heart to beat even faster and louder. I start the engine to my motorcycle and we're off. Once I leave the curb she holds tighter and I blush even more.

"Wh-where are we going?" She asks over the wind.

"You'll see! It's a secret for now."

Mia's POV~

"Wah! The view's so beautiful~" I exclaim when we reach the destination. I had my doubts but once we went over the hill, the view of Seoul at night is amazing.

"Sorry if it's a little low-class." I shake my head no.

"It's amazing! Best view ever. How'd you find out about this place?" He leans against the railing and says,

"I was just strolling through town when I found it. I never showed it to anyone before." I blush and my heart beging beating rapidly. Will he hear it? I stand next to him and say,

"You know, you're not really who I pictured to be." He chuckles,

"Yeah, like I never heard that one before." I gently nudge him and say,

"No seriously, you're different. But in a good way."

Jaejoong's POV~

She began shivering.

"You cold?" I ask. She gives me a small smile and says,

"A little. You wanna head back home?" I give her my jacket first and then we board the bike.

Mia's POV~

We got home and I was about to unlock my door but said,

"Thanks for taking me out. It was nice." When he suddenly took me by the hand and dragged me to the corner. He placed a hand over my mouth and whispered,

"Don't make any noise." He gave me such pleading eyes that I obeyed. A minute later I heard heavy foot steps coming up and men yelling,

"Come on out pretty boy! We know you live there! Maybe we should pay your new girlfriend a visit!" They bagan banging on doors.

Jaejoong's POV~

Tch, how'd they find me here? I made sure no one followed us. I heard mine and Mia's locks breaking. Aish, those guys won't go away will they?

"Tch. He's not there? Forget him, we'll come back tomorrow." They walk away. I wait about five minutes before removing my hand from Mia's mouth.

"Are you-" I wanted to know if she was ok but she's shaking and I see that she's terrified. I didn't really know how to comfort her but I somehow managed to put my arms around her. She hugged me back.

"I-I'm scared." She said. My chest hurt so much for putting her through this.

"I need to move. I can't stay here." She said. I knew that already. Suddenly a huge car parked itself outside the apartment and the little boy from before came out.

"Hyung, noona!" He called out and came up to us. Mia wiped away some tears and asked,

"Hey Jun, what're you doing here so late?" He smiles at her and says,

"I just got back from piano lessons. Are you ok noona?" Mia laughs and says,

"Yes noona's ok. Nonna just needs to start looking for a new house right now." The little boy, Jun I think, begins thinking and says,

"I can help. My umma's a real estate agent. It's the least I can do to you both since you helped me yesterday."

Mia's POV~

I exchange looks with Jaejoong and we both smile. He takes my hand and tells Jun,

"Lead the way Jun." And that was the beginning of our new life.

* Sorry if the story seemed a little far-fetched for you guys XD well hope you enjoyed it, keep commenting and subscribing~