Part 2

Knock, Knock, My Heart

(Nana)

I was so happy that he wasn’t mad at me that I went running to his house. He had a house a few blocks from mines so I didn’t mind the running. I didn’t told no one where I was going but who cared I was with Damian.

“Damian! Are you here?” I said, while entering the house.

“Yeah, I am at the basement” he said, and I went down the basement.

“Hello” I said.

I was going to call Damian again but I was hit with something on my back and lost conscience.

I woke up and I was tie from everywhere and my mouth was covered too. I saw someone approach me and saw Damian.

“Hi, Nana” he said.

I didn’t understand what was happening

“You made a mistake when you didn’t say yes to me” he said, in a sad tone.

“She is awake” someone said.

“Yeah” Damian replied.

The person came out from the shadows but I couldn’t see the person’s face.

“Good job, Damian” the person told him.

“Here Damian, a deal is a deal” he told Damian and gave him a package.

“You’re think what is happening right” the guy with the cover face said.

“I made a deal with Damian. If you got marry with him, I was not going to kill you.” He said.

“Now you wonder why?” he said.

“Simple, Damian is passing for some crisis financially and he needs money. If he married you, he was going to be safe from getting broke. You didn’t accept so that means I can kill you.” He said, while laughing like a lunatic.

“Now you are wondering why I want to kill you?” he said, while smiling to me.

“Simple, if you die, I will get revenge. Your father took away from me the person I loved. He knew I was in love with your mother but he stole her away from me!” he said

In that moment, he got my hair and pushed me to the floor and punch me in the stomach. He didn’t have enough so he got out his belt and started hitting me everywhere.

I was crying but I couldn’t scream.

“That is enough” Damian said.

“Maybe but I am getting old so finish the job” he told Damian.

At first, I thought Damian was not going to obey but then I felt his punches all over my body.

Why did you do this to me? I was asking myself. I couldn’t resist anymore and I felt I was going to die in any moment.

I heard a bang and some guns but I lost conscience and didn’t know what happen next.

I woke up at my house but I left like I was at a clinic. I saw a nurse and ask what had happen. She didn’t respond and walked away.

“Nana!” some familiar voices said.

I tried to get up but my body was so heavy.

“Finally, you are awake” Alex said.

“Why?” I ask.

“You slept for three days in a row” Leo said.

I couldn’t believe this but memories started to come.

“Damian” I said, with my voice full of fear.

“Don’t worry about him, we are going to hunt him down” Chris said.

“What do you mean?”

“Get some rest” Cassie said.

“No!”

“He got away” Matt said, while entering the room.

“What happen?” I ask.

“Damian got away but we got the other person” Alex said.

“I don’t understand. Why did Damian do that?” I said, with tears.

“The family of Damian was having some troubles financially. I was waiting for him to ask for help. When you told me he asked for your hand, I wasn’t that surprise. I told the others and everybody was keeping an eye but I didn’t image this.” Matt said, with sad eyes.

“We are going to find him and put him in jail” Chris said.

“No!” I said.

“Nana, he needs a punishment” Cassie said.

“I know but I can’t do this. Damian is like a brother to me and I can’t” I said, while crying.

“Please, don’t.” I begged everybody.

“As you wish Nana but he better not come close to you because none of us is going to have pity” Matt said.

I stayed at the beach house for an entire month. I was very depressed and didn’t want to talk to no one.

“Nana, eat something” Cassie said. She stayed with me, while the others took turns.

“No, thank you.”

“Nana”

“Why did Damian do this?” I ask myself every single moment.

“Nana, try to forget” Cassie said.

At the end, I was able to forget by thinking that everything was just a bad dream. I never thought the nightmare was going to come back.