Damian

Knock, Knock, My Heart

(Nana)

“Are you ok” both Kenwha and Cassie said.

“Yeah, I am fine” I lie.

“You’re not Nana” Cassie said.

“Who is Damian?” Kenwha ask.

“Damian is the guy that almost killed Nana a year ago.” Cassie told Kenwha, and the memory was coming back but I push it away.

“How come he is not in jail?” Kenwha ask.

“Because Cassie, Matt, Alex, Leo, and Chris are the only people that know what happen that night that I was almost killed.” I told Kenwha, with a fear in my voice.

Kenwha, Cassie and I went inside the house and I told Kenwha what happen an year ago.

I was 19-years old and I was going to turn twenty years old in a few weeks. I didn’t want to have a big party and I just wanted to relax that day with my closes friends.

I invited Matt, Alex, Leo, Chris, Damian and Cassie to my beach house.  

“Everybody is ready!” I told them.

“Yeah!” everybody replied with smiles.

We arrived at our destination and everybody was given a room. I still had a few days left for my birthday so I didn’t worry for the mini party I was going to have.

 “Where is my little princess” Damian said.

“Here!” I said cheerful.

“What do you want for your birthday? You can ask me anything you want” he said, while hugging me from the back.

“I don’t care Damian. Anything you want. I will accept it” I told him.

“Nana, Nana, Nana. Why are you so cute?” he asked.

“I don’t know” I replied and gave him a kiss in the cheek.

Damian like Matt, Alex, Chris, and Leo knew each other since childhood and we showed our affection for each other.

From all of us Damian was the wealthiest but he didn’t categorize himself of being better than us.

“Nana can I ask you a question” he said.

“Yeah”

“Will you marry me?” he said.

“What?” I ask.

“Will you marry me?” he said again.

“Damian is your parents pressuring you to get marry?” I ask.

“No!” he said.

“Damian I don’t love you in a romantic way” I told him.

“You don’t! But I love you! Everything I do is because of you!” he said,

“I am sorry” I said, and walked away.

For the next few days, Damian avoided me and I was sad for that part. I told Matt about the incident and his reaction. Matt stood quiet and didn’t say anything and told me to forget about it. I couldn’t forget about it because Damian was like a brother to me.

The day of my birthday finally arrive. I went upstairs to change but found a letter on the bed.

            Dear Nana,

I know you don’t feel the same way as I do but don’t worry. I am sorry about my rudeness to you. I want to make it up so please meet me right now my beach house.

I went running and my nightmare started.