Hi

Knock, Knock, My Heart

(Nana)

I woke up with the bright sun hitting my face and turn around to cover my face with the pillow. I wanted to sleep a little more but the sun was so bright and I was getting hot under the covers.

After I gave up on sleeping, I started writing on my journal about the dream I had. I heard in the news once that writing your dreams every morning will increase your memory and I needed that increase.

My memory was not that bad but I had trouble remembering simple tasks like don’t forget to pick up your grandma from the airport. Maybe just maybe that day I forgot I had a memory. While I was writing, I had this feeling of missing an important detail from my dream but I couldn’t recall. I was trying hard to concentrate when I heard my name being call.

“Nana, are you awake?” Lily said, outside my door.

“Yes, Lily you can come in” I said.

Lily was one of the maids working at my house. We had the same age and I had a good relationship with her because she treated me as any other person.

“Nana, your father wants to see you at his office right now” Lily said, with a serious voice.

“Ok” I started walking to the door when I was pull back by Lily.

“Do you want something?” I ask.

“Aren’t you going to change clothes?”

“Why?” Lily hesitated for a moment but she let go at the end.

Before I made it to the office, I noticed my reflection in the mirror and I totally looked like a lion. No wonder Lily wanted me to change, I said to myself. At the end, I was in my house and my father will understand my sense of fashion.

I was passing by the living room, when I notice a young boy around 13 years old sitting quietly. He had cold eyes but he looked cute.

I said, “Hi!” in a cheerful way to him and pass by like nothing ever happen.