The Emotions

I Couldn't Care Less

Idiot. Idiot. Why did I do that? I kissed him! Now it's going to be super awkward between us!

AAAAAAHHHHHHH,” Sehun screamed in frustration as he swung high in the air.

 

Having nowhere else to run to, he came to the empty playground and sat on a swing, hoping to clear his head, but failing miserably - he was still thinking about the kiss.

 

About Luhan.

 

About Luhan's lips.

 

Lips that perfectly blended into his....

 

AIIISSHHH!!!” Sehun screamed again, ignoring the barking of the neighborhood dogs.

 

I should have controlled myself! Why did I attack him like that!?! I've always had great control, what changed?! Sehun pointlessly asked himself. He already knew the answer.

 

He had always been the type of person that has full control of his emotions, but having Luhan so freaking close to him threw that trait out the window.

 

Control was no longer an option. He could no longer resist.

 

Actually, it was a miracle that all he did was kiss the older boy. It could have gotten far more steamy.

 

ARGGHHH.” Sehun groaned loudly. Snap out of it!

 

He abruptly stopped swinging. His index finger start to trace his lips on its own accord.

 

Sehun could feel a lingering warm tingly feeling, similar to when Luhan's lips were on his, but not as strong or as warm.

 

Snap out of it! Sehun shook his head and started to swing high in the air again. The nighttime breeze gently blowing against his hair, cooling his body.

 

There's nothing I can do to fix this. It already happened. I kissed Luhan and –

 

Sehun screeched to a halt, feet firmly down on the ground again. His face contorted in deep thought.

 

Wait.....why didn't he push me away?

 

Now that Sehun thought about it, he doesn't recall the older boy resisting his sudden attack on the boy's lips. Could he have been too preoccupied with tasting those pretty plump lips to notice any sign of resistance? Did Luhan resist? Or did he –

 

Sehun ruffled his hair. Aishh!

 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

 

Sehun reads the text from Suho, asking him where he was and that he needed to get back home. He groaned. His hyung has no idea how horrified he is at the thought of returning home to face his roommate. With no other choice, however, he begrudgingly walked back to the house.

 

After taking a considerably long time in the bathroom getting ready for bed, Sehun sighed and opened the door. Luhan, who was lying under the covers, suddenly popped his head up at the sound of the door opening. They locked eyes, but neither of them said anything.

 

Sehun cleared his throat and scuttled into bed, ignoring Luhan's questioning gaze.

 

He turned to the side, praying that Luhan won't ask him anything.

 

Sehun-ah?”

 

Dammit.

 

Sehun flopped on his back, deciding that his roommate at least deserves an explanation.

 

About earlier when I...w-when I...” He started, not realizing how hard it was to openly admit what he did.

 

When you kissed me,” Luhan completed. Sehun's toes curled at the way Luhan said that.

 

Uh um yeah. That,” he responded, keeping his eyes focused on the ceiling. He could feel Luhan's gaze burning a hole on the side of his face. He has to explain.

 

He took a few deep breaths. “I'm sorry I did that. I shouldn't have attacked you like that, but to be fair, I warned you to give me some personal space!”

 

Yeah that's it Sehun. Blame him for the fact that you kissed him. That's totally the way to fix the situation. NO YOU IDIOT!

 

Luhan didn't respond. Sehun shifted uncomfortably on the bed. This was not going well. Not at all.

 

Sehun cleared his throat, trying to savage the situation, he added, “What I mean is that – can we just forget about it? It happened in the heat of the moment, and frankly I don't even know why I did that.”

 

Lies. I know exactly why.

 

It was an agonizing 20 seconds before Luhan spoke again. “Oh.”

 

Oh? He sounds disappointed....

 

Sehun turned his head to look at him. Luhan blinked when Sehun's eyes met his. He was clearly surprised that Sehun had finally decided to face him. His cheeks now a shade of rosy pink. Sehun could feel his own cheeks warming.

 

Luhan then did the unexpected – he smiled. Sehun's stomach did a somersault at the sight.

 

It's okay, Sehun-ah. Whenever you're ready,” he said with sparkling eyes, voice dripping in honey.

 

W-whenever I'm ready?

 

W-what? What do you mean?” Sehun stuttered. Luhan giggled.

 

You'll see.” That was all he said before turning to his side, leaving Sehun completely bewildered.

 

I'll see? See what?..Why is he so damn aggravating?!

 


The dreaded finals week was here before any of them knew it. It was difficult attending the last few days of classes and study for the finals at the same time. It was especially hard for the house members that had to work as well.

 

The house was eerily quiet. One wouldn't guess that 12 boys lived in the house, but that was how it was for the whole week.

 

Everyone had a special spot where they spent most of their time studying. Baekyeol studied out in the patio, where Baekhyun would constantly smack Chanyeol in the head with his notebook because the latter kept suggesting they go catch butterflies instead. Kyungsoo studied in his kitchen, where he had books sprawled all over his kitchen counter. Kai, Kris, Chen, and Sehun preferred to study in their own room, not allowing any type of disturbance, while Suho, Lay, and Tao opted for the living room where they held a type of study group. And Luhan had the school's library. When he didn't have to work, Luhan was at the library, staying there until the librarian came over and told him that it was closing time. When he did have work, he would bring his textbooks with him, flipping through it whenever he had time. And when he got home late at night, he would slump on the couch and crack open a book, even if he was exhausted.

 

What Sehun doesn't know is that oftentimes, Luhan would sleep on the couch, preferring not to disturb the younger when he was busy studying.

 

It was the night before the last day of finals and Sehun was busy editing his final piece for composition class. Luhan had walked in looking like a zombie. He fell face first on the bed, but Sehun doesn't give him any attention.

 

I have to finish this. Ughh why did I wait last minute to do this?!?!

 

Dammit!!” Sehun cried out in anger as he scratched out the notes, clearly unsatisfied with what he written down.

 

Luhan sat up and watched Sehun scratch his head in frustration. “You can do it maknae,” the older boy encouraged him with a smile, despite looking like he could collapse at any moment.

 

Eyes still glued to his music sheet, Sehun doesn't see Luhan get up and quietly leave the room.

 

YESS!! I'M DONE!!

 

Sehun glanced at the clock on the wall – 1:45. Finally getting up from his chair, Sehun stretched and staggered to the bed. With a plop, Sehun falls on top of the covers, his limbs outstretched in different directions. He lets out a sigh of satisfaction. Finally..This feels good.

 

He closed his eyes, ready for sleep to overtake him when he suddenly realized -

 

Where's Luhan?

 

Getting off the bed, Sehun made his way downstairs in search for the older boy. He spotted a dark lump on the white couch in the living room. Turning on the table lamp next to the couch, he finally sees the person.

 

It was Luhan – sleeping soundly with his right arm dangling close to the floor.

 

Stepping closer to the sleeping boy, Sehun noticed opened textbooks all over the table. Why is he sleeping down here?

 

Bending down to pick up Luhan's dangling arm and placing it next to his side, Sehun's lips twitched upwards when the older boy made a little huffing sound in his sleep.

 

It's been a long time since he laid eyes on Luhan. Being too busy with school and finals, Sehun didn't realize how much he missed seeing the boy.

 

Eyes still fixated on his roommate, Sehun doesn't see Baekhyun coming down the stairs.

 

Is Luhan hyung sleeping on the couch again?” Baekhyun asked, voice still groggy.

 

Sehun whipped his head towards Baekhyun. “What?”

 

You didn't know? Luhan hyung has been sleeping on the couch this whole week,” Baekhyun said before he walked off to the kitchen to get a bottle of water.

 

Sehun, turning his attention back to the figure on the couch, scrunched his face. No. I didn't.

 

Night Sehun,” Baekhyun said as he stalked back upstairs.

 

Night,” Sehun replied, still focused on the sleeping boy.

 

He sat down on the floor next to the couch. Did he sleep here to avoid disturbing me?

 

Suddenly, Luhan's head drooped to the side, fluffy honey colored hair covering his eyes. Sehun softly brushed the hair away from his eyes, revealing the boy's peaceful face. He could now see the dark circles hanging underneath the boy's closed eyelids.

 

Sehun had this sudden urge to grab the boy and hold him tightly. He looks so fragile....

 

Then a small smile made its way onto the boy's serene face, making him look angelic.

 

Sehun just sat there, too enthralled by the sight. What are you doing to me?..

 

His scanning eyes finally lands on Luhan's lips. Sehun wondered if.....

 

He leaned forward and placed a chaste kiss on Luhan's lips.

 

Yes.

 

Sehun could feel waves of electricity flowing through his whole body – exactly like the first time he kissed Luhan.

 

He leaned back, blood rushing to his ears, heart beating so fast and loud he was afraid it'll wake up Luhan.

 

Gazing admiringly at the boy whom he just gave his second kiss to, Sehun felt an overwhelming sense of affection running through his veins. Devotion engulfing his entire body. Adoration clouding his mind. An inflow of emotions he's never experienced. 

 

The truth crashes down on Sehun.

 

He's in love with Luhan.

 

Completely in love with Luhan....

******

 

Waking up, Luhan was surprised to find himself on a bed. How did I get here? Last thing he remembered was falling asleep on the couch. He looked over to Sehun's side – the younger boy wasn't there. Hmm..did he already leave?

 

Yawning, he got up and went to the restroom (this time he made sure no one else was in there) to get ready for the last day of finals.

 

Is Sehun gone already?” Luhan asked the gang when he joined them for breakfast.

 

Yeah, he left a few minutes ago,” Suho answered.

 

Luhan sat at his usual seat and poured himself some apple juice, a little disappointed that he missed seeing Sehun off.

 

So how about it?” Kai asked Kris, who was busy typing something on his laptop. Luhan turned his head towards the two, curious as to what they were talking about.

 

Well....okay. I guess we can,” Kris responded, showcasing a rare smile. Everyone except Luhan whooped in excitment. Chen and Chanyeol started dancing (badly), causing the other boys to laugh.

 

What's going on?” Luhan piped up, interrupting the members' moment of celebration.

 

Oh yeah. Luhan hyung doesn't know,” Baekhyun remarked after getting Chanyeol to sit back down.

 

Know what?”

 

It's been decided that we're --” Tao began.

 

WE'RE TAKING A TRIP TO THE BEACH THIS WEEKEND!” Chanyeol interrupted, his signature grin plastered on his face.

 

The beach?” Luhan asked, though he could feel himself smiling at the thought. He loves the beach.

 

Yes. After everyone is done with finals, we're going to drive down to the beach and stay there for the entire weekend,” Xiumin replied.

 

We're going to book a lodge somewhere near,” Kyungsoo added.

 

This is going to be so much fun!!!” Chanyeol chirped while clapping his hands like a nutcase. Luhan laughs.

 

Okay. I booked us a lodge with 3 rooms, so 4 people to a room or some of us can sleep in the living room,” Kris announced as he closed his laptop. Once again, Chanyeol jumped from his seat and started dancing. I love overnight trips!!!”

 

Luhan smiled. This is going to be fun!.....I wonder does Sehun know?

 

After taking his last final, Luhan ran to the nearest bubble tea shop and purchased Sehun's favorite flavor – chocolate.

 

He headed back towards the Music department building, hoping to maybe catch Sehun coming out of one of the classrooms. Now that finals were over, he was going to get to spend time with Sehun again.

 

Sitting on one of the benches in the main lobby, Luhan waited for Sehun, holding the cool drink firmly in his hands.

 

Sehun!!” Luhan called out as soon as he spotted that familiar teal hoodie. The said boy cocked his head, in search for the source of the voice that called him. Luhan leaped from his seat and scurried past the other music students to get to Sehun.

 

BOO!” Luhan tapped Sehun's shoulder. Sehun swiftly turned around to face a grinning Luhan, who was hiding the drink behind his back.

 

Yah! Don't scare me like that,” Sehun said, though he didn't look that frightened. In fact, he looked kind of delighted to see Luhan.

 

Rightttt.” Luhan rolled his eyes. “How did you do?”

 

On my final? I did fine. Won't know until they post grades,” Sehun replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

Luhan handed him the bubble tea. “Here.”

 

Sehun's eyes widen a little. “But I didn't --”

 

I can buy you bubble tea whenever I want to. It doesn't always have to be when you tell me to.” Luhan playfully stuck out his tongue.

 

The boy stood there, staring at him.

 

Is there something on my face?” Luhan started feeling his face.

 

Sehun shook his head. “No.” He started to sip on the drink, but his eyes were still concentrating on figuring Luhan out.

 

Don't worry. I didn't put anything in the drink. No love potion.” Luhan winked, causing the other boy to slightly choke on a tapioca pearl. Luhan immediately patted his back. Are you okay?”

 

Uh yeah. Fine,” Sehun assured him. Luhan grabbed his arm (Sehun tensed at the sudden contact) and led him out of the building.

 

Come on, Sehun-ah! The beach is waiting.”

 

The beach?” Sehun raised an eyebrow. Luhan flashed him a stunning smile. “Yes.”

 

Something tells him that this trip will definitely be memorable, so he can't possibly wait!

 

Practically pulling Sehun along, Luhan happily began explaining to the younger boy about the trip.

 

******

 

Just like carnivals, Sehun wasn't very fond of the beach. He hated getting sand everywhere, even in places he didn't know he could get sand into.

 

But Luhan was so excited about it that he couldn't help but think that maybe this time he'll enjoy the beach.

 

The older boy was virtually beaming when he told Sehun about their upcoming trip. With that image of a beaming Luhan stuck in his head, Sehun grabbed his overnight bag from the closet and started stuffing clothes in it.

 

Where did I put my mini electric fan?

 

Sehun ransacked the entire room, but still he couldn't find it. It has to be here..

 

Getting down on his knees, Sehun puts his head down on the floor and checks under his bed. There it is.

 

After grabbing the small fan, Sehun notices a dark colored bundle in the middle. He clutched the bundle and slid it out under the bed.

 

It was the sleeping bag (the bag that Luhan claimed to have forgotten where he put it).

 

The corners of Sehun's mouth curved upwards. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~ ASDFHGJHL Sehunnie FINALLY gets that he's head over heels in love with Lulu. Lol. Took him long enough. And stealing a kiss from a sleeping Bambi just tops it all off :DD ♥ Also the sleeping bag makes a reappearance hehe. 

What sort of memorable things is going to happen during the trip? Hmmm. You'll find out next chapter! 

Comment - tell me how you felt about the chapter. Was it something along the lines of -

  

GOOO SEHUN!! YESSS! Lol. Thanks for reading! 

(Gifs not mine)