The Worries

I Couldn't Care Less

Back at school – Sehun, Tao, and Kris went around looking for Luhan, but the older boy was nowhere to be found. They tried calling him, but he didn't pick up.

After deciding that maybe Luhan just needed some time alone, they walked home.

 

How did you guys know Luhan hyung and I were in there?” Sehun asked Tao and Kris.

 

While I was waiting for Kris hyung, I saw Luhan hyung run in there, then you went in, and by the time Kris hyung came, we decided that the three guys that went in afterwards were up to no good. We were right.” Tao scoffed.

 

Do you think he's okay?” Sehun asked

 

He'll be fine,” Kris assured.

 

Sehun didn't feel assured though. “He didn't look fine when he ran out of the restroom crying...I'm worried he'll do something crazy.”

 

Tao and Kris stopped walking. They turned to each other, unsure of what they just heard coming out of the maknae's mouth. Sehun, finally noticing that his hyungs were not next to him, looked back.

 

What is it?” He asked, confused.

 

You just said you were 'worried' about Luhan,” Kris replied, eyes wider than usual.

 

W-wh-what?” Sehun stuttered.

 

Our maknae Sehun is worried about his Luhan hyung..how adorable!” Tao happily noted while clapping his hands.

 

What's wrong with that?! He is my roommate. If I don't worry about him, who will?!?” Sehun replied defensively.

 

That Bambi is capable of doing reckless things..It makes sense that I'm worried about him..right?

 

Kris and Tao both laughed. They found Sehun amusing, but it only made him more flustered.

 

What's so funny!?!”

 

Listen Sehun. There is nothing wrong with being worried about your roommate, but we've never seen this side of you. You hardly ever talk about anyone else, let alone be 'worried' about them,” Kris explained.

 

Yeah. You don't really strike us as the caring type, so having you act like this is unusual. We didn't know you were close to Luhan hyung,” Tao continued. Why is he emphasizing the word close?

 

Y-you guys are ...weird!” Sehun retorted and walked on ahead.

 

Aren't you worried about hyung's feelings?” Kris joked.

 

Shut up hyung. Both of you.”

 

Kris hyung, Sehun is only worried about his Luhan hyung.” He heard Tao tell Kris, but pretended he didn't. His hyungs pick on him too much. Yes..they're just picking on me.

 

It was late afternoon and Luhan still wasn't home. Sehun sat in the living room, at a spot allowing him to easily see what's going on outside. Seeing nobody walk up to the house, he furrowed his eyebrows.

 

He doesn't have to work today, so why isn't he here?..

 

Sehun sighed. He really wanted to talk to Luhan - to explain what happened today. But he won't be able to if the older boy doesn't even come home.

 

Feeling agitated, Sehun got up and started pacing back and forth.

 

When he gets here, I'll apologize for what happened... I'll tell him I was an idiot for not doing anything to help him, and I'll –

 

Sehun? Why are you pacing around the living room?” A concerned Suho asked as he got in the living room.

 

Huh? Oh...nothing hyung.” Sehun waved his hands, hoping to convince his hyung that he wasn't preoccupied with thoughts of a certain hyung.

 

Hm? You sure?” Suho raised his eyebrows, looking like a wary grandpa.

 

Oi! Sehun! Tao told me about Luhan hyung. Is he okay?” Lay came in the room and sat next to Suho.

 

Tao hyung is really talkative nowadays.. Sehun shook his head.

 

Luhan hyung? What happened to him?” Suho asked, voice unsteady.

 

I demand an answer!” Suho gave them his "do-as-I-say" look. Sehun rolled his eyes. Lay laughed and told him what he had heard from Tao. Suho gasped. Great....

 

What are you guys talking about?” Kai asked as he and Kyungsoo entered the room. Suho immediately told them what he had heard from Lay. Kyungsoo's eyes got wider and wider as Suho finished.

 

Man, if I was there, they would get a beating.” Kai cracked his knuckles. Sehun huffed.

 

Why didn't you do anything Sehun?” Kyungsoo asked, staring at him with those big eyes.

 

Something catches Sehun's throat. He spluttered, “Uh-uhh I wanted to, but I....”

 

Froze. I froze. Sehun groaned, cursing himself for being useless.

 

Hey I just got a long text from Tao, is Luhan alright?” Xiumin walked in, eyes still looking at his phone.

 

Wow..Tao hyung!

 

Where is Tao hyung anyway?” Sehun was curious as to where he was, just sending messages to people about what happened.

 

He's at the mall with Kris hyung, but don't change the topic Sehun,” Lay responded.

 

Why didn't you help Luhan hyung? And were those bastards picking on him because of the rumors around school?” Xiumin questioned.

 

Sehun gulped. “Yes. And it was because I-I f-froze. I froze okay? It all happened too fast. I wanted to do something but I couldn't...and one thing led to another, and...ughhhh” He plopped down on the couch. Kill me now.

 

What's wrong with Sehun?” Chen asked as he came in, towel drying his hair. Apparently, Tao didn't bother telling him, so after Xiumin told him what happened, he pouted. “I'm always the last to know.”

 

Now they were all there, with the exception of Kris, Tao, and Baekyeol, waiting for Luhan to come home.

 

The wait was torture. Sehun wanted to run out of the house to look for the boy, but he knew it would be pointless. He has no idea where the boy could have gone.

 

W-what if...something else happens to him? He is not really familiar with the city yet...if he gets lost --” Sehun choked out.

 

He'll be fine Sehun. He is 21 after all,” Kai said confidently.

 

Even though he looks 12,” Chen added. Sehun shot him a that-doesn't-help look.

 

Thanks Chen,” Suho said sarcastically.

 

Welcome. And Sehun, I would be more worried that he'll get mugged or something,” Chen chirped nonchalantly. Lay and Xiumin, who were closest to him, smacked his arms. “Ouch! What was that for?”

 

Suho gestured towards Sehun, who looked extremely anxious. Chen made an “O” with his mouth and stayed quiet for the rest of the night.

 

It was now dark outside. Xiumin suggested they go eat dinner. “There's no use in waiting for him on an empty stomach --”

 

JUST GOT A TEXT!” Lay jumped up and fist pumped the air. They all looked at him with their eyebrows raised. Who would be that excited over a text?

 

Noticing the looks thrown at him, Lay happily proclaimed, “Luhan hyung texted me!”

 

Sehun's stomach lurched. “What did he say?” He asked, tone a mixture of eagerness and slight disappointment.

 

He said he's fine. He won't be coming back tonight. And he told us not to worry about him.”

 

Well that's settled then! We can all go eat now,” Xiumin declared. Everyone else nodded their heads and started walking out of the room in a line. Sehun was the last to leave.

 

He heard Suho asked bitterly, “Lay, why would Luhan hyung text you...out of all us?”

 

Lay shrugged. “Maybe he likes me the most.”

 

Suho almost tripped and Sehun felt something heavy in his chest. He wasn't comfortable with what Lay just said, but he doesn't know why.

 

Dinner didn't distract him from thinking about the other boy. Seeing that empty chair in front of him made it even worse.

 

As soon as the Baekyeol couple got home from work, they barged into Sehun's room and demanded answers.

 

Tell us exactly what happened!”

 

Didn't Tao hyung already --”

 

We have to hear it from you. Don't leave anything out,” they insisted.

 

Sehun moaned, but he told them what happened – starting from when the three punks invited themselves to his table, to what he said to keep Luhan away from the table (they gasped and looked at each other when he did), to the whole bathroom altercation.

 

After he was done, they cleared their throats (they do everything together don't they?) and looked him right in the eye.

 

Sehun, what you said to those guys while Luhan was within earshot was to keep him from sitting down right? Simple as that? You didn't mean it...right?” Baekhyun asked, eyeing Sehun intensely.

 

No?”

 

Whew.” Baekhyun flipped his bangs away from his face with his hand, looking relieved.

 

What are you getting at?” Sehun was now completely confused as to why they were interrogating him.

 

Oh nothing,” they answered.

 

Why did Luhan hyung react the way he did? He gave me this..hurtful expression before he turned around and left. Why though? It's not like the things I said were true..”

 

That is for another time my dear maknae. Now, we need to think of a way for you to properly apologize to Luhan hyung,” Chanyeol declared.

 

What do you mean? I can just tell him I'm sorry..”

 

Tch tch tch. Oh Sehun, you're such a clueless soul,” Baekhyun said, wiggling his index finger in front of the younger boy.

 

What?!?!”

 

Think about it. You unintentionally hurt his feelings and you didn't bother saving him from the hands of evil,” Chanyeol quipped.

 

Sehun groaned for the millionth time today. He knew Chanyeol was right. He messed up...big time.

 

He dropped on his bed. He sighed. Sehun knew what he was about to ask the couple will surely result in dire consequences, but he had nobody else to turn to. He figured since Luhan was close to the couple, they'll know what to do.

 

What do you suggest I do?” He softly whispered.

 

His hyungs jumped on his bed, landing on each of his side. “YAHH!!”

 

Ignoring him, Baekhyun quizzed, “What kinds of things do Luhan hyung like?”

 

Umm....sweets. Yes, he is a dessert addict.”

 

Sehun looked at his hyungs, who were now grinning like morons. “What?”

 

They shook their heads and ran to their room. So much for asking them...

 

But they came back...with a dessert cookbook. What the....

 

What am I supposed to do with this?” Sehun raised his eyebrow.

 

Bake him something.. Duh,” Baekyeol chimed.

 

I don't know how to bake!! Ugh! This is hopeless. Forget it.”

 

Um you let Luhan hyung get attacked by guys in the bathroom, the least you could do is make him cupcakes.”

 

Sehun was about to argue, but he knew they were right, so he just nodded.

 

Great! How about 'I'm sorry' cupcakes?!” Chanyeol happily suggested while pointing at the picture in the book.

 

I'll give it a shot...” 

 

 

~~~~~~ Aww Sehunnie is worried about Lulu!! I decided to lighten up the mood in this chapter, it was needed, considering the previous chapters. Some comic relief from the other EXO boys ♥

Will Sehun successfully get Luhan to forgive him? How was Luhan's trip to Busan? Will he even come back? Muahhaha. 

Comment and subscribe. Thanks!!