The Deepening

I Couldn't Care Less

--- WARNING: FLUFF OVERDOSE UP AHEAD ---

 

 


Three weeks into their relationship and Sehun has already learned many new annoying things about Luhan.

 

1. Luhan is a cuddle monster.

In the beginning, the older boy would shyly cuddle Sehun in the morning after waking up, but that has now spiraled to three full cuddle sessions a day – one in the morning, another short one in the afternoon, and an intense one at night. Sehun made the mistake once of asking Luhan to limit his cuddling, resulting in the boy's refusal to touch him for two days. To say that he missed the feeling of Luhan's body snuggled to his own is a complete understatement. Sehun had to bribe Luhan with cakes to get the older boy to cuddle him again. 

 

 

2. Luhan attracts too many unwanted attention – from males and females.

Sehun understands that Luhan is practically the definition of perfect, but it didn't stop him from being extremely jealous whenever somebody else gawks at him like he was a walking prize, waiting to be won.

-- At the mall --

Oppa, you look realllyyyy cute in that!! You look handsome in everything!” The female sales assistant would shamelessly flirt with Luhan as he checked himself out in the mirror. From his waiting chair, Sehun would roll his eyes and suggest they go to a different store.

-- At the movie theaters --

A shady man in his mid 30s came up to Luhan and gave him a card, introducing himself as a talent scout looking for the next Kpop idol sensation. Upon seeing that his boyfriend was in the presence of a man wearing a trench coat in the middle of summer and sunglasses in a movie theater, Sehun immediately grabbed Luhan's hand, told the man to buzz off, and ushered them out the building. He wasn't going to put up with creeps “scouting” his boyfriend.

-- At the park --

Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?” A teenage boy asked while winking excessively at Luhan. Sehun had left Luhan for a second and he was already being preyed upon. 

I suggest you keep on walking if you don't want to lose your sight – courtesy of my fist,” Sehun calmly stated. The boy walked away, fright written all over his face.    

          Luhan giggled. “You're cute when you're jealous.”

Sehun rolled his eyes, put his arm around Luhan's shoulder, and dragged him out of the park. There were simply too many wolves at the park, hungry for a piece of Bambi.

 

 

3. Luhan thoroughly enjoys surprising Sehun.

One day after getting out the shower, Sehun came back to their room, finding it empty. He made to sit down on the bed to towel dry his hair, but Luhan suddenly popped out from underneath the bed, screaming “BOO!” and scaring the crap out of Sehun. Once he even barged in while Sehun was in the bathroom during his shower time, but thankfully he was a little late and Sehun had a towel covering his lower region. He claims that he didn't know Sehun wouldn't have clothes on, but Sehun thinks otherwise. He wants to catch me in my natural state. Tch tch.

 

 

4. Luhan has a strong desire to spend every waking (and sleeping) moment with Sehun.

Whenever Luhan was not working at the cafe, he would be with Sehun. And when he was at work, he would text Sehun to come visit him. Sehun doesn't come however, because Luhan being at work was the only time Sehun got to have quality time to himself. He spends it playing on his keyboard, writing some new songs (in the journal that Luhan gave him for his birthday) and shooting hoops with the other hyungs. But when it got late at night and Luhan wasn't home yet, Sehun starts to get restless – pacing back and forth in the living room, wondering why Luhan was taking so long. Many times he would grab his jacket, planning to go pick up the boy from work, but before he could open the front door, Luhan was already jamming his key in the lock. If the first thing Luhan sees when he gets home is Sehun, he would run forth and bear hug the boy. The bear hug would be promptly followed by him scolding Sehun for not coming to visit him at work. 

 

 

5. Lastly, Luhan has this amazing ability to make Sehun fall more and more in love with him each day.

The older boy would constantly do things that leaves Sehun's heart beating a little faster, his mind working a little slower, and his feelings blooming a little more.

 

Luhan loves taking pictures – pictures of Sehun to be exact. Almost every day Luhan would snap a photo of him, whether he was aware of it or not, and for every polaroid, Luhan would write the date in the corner and a little note in the back. He would write the messages in Chinese, but that doesn't stop Sehun from using the Korean-Chinese dictionary to get the translations. Without fail, Sehun would blush and smile after he translates the notes because Luhan always writes about how beautiful Sehun is and how lucky he was to have him. He can be so cheesy.

 

Every night before he falls asleep, Luhan would trace Sehun's face with his fingers, paying special attention to his lips. And right before drifting off, he would whisper, “Sehun-ah, I love you” in the younger boy's ear and time would stop for Sehun. Everything would swirl around him, causing him to get slightly dizzy, but a smile always finds a way to Sehun's face because from those words, Sehun could virtually feel his love for Luhan deepen... 

Off in his dream world, Luhan isn't aware of the frantic beating of Sehun's heart, the heart that now only beats for him.

 

It was a Sunday when Sehun was sitting in the living room watching TV, and Luhan came in, holding something behind his back.

Sehun-ah, give me your pinky.”

Why?” Sehun asked, voice laced with suspicion, but he gives the older boy his pinky finger nonetheless.

Luhan takes out a red string and starts tying it around Sehun's pinky. Satisfied with his work, Luhan smiles and lifts up his own pinky, showing Sehun that he had the other end of the string.

What is this?”

The red string that ties me to you, and you to me. You see Sehun-ah, before I didn't really believe in fate....but after meeting you, that changed.”

Sehun stares at him, unable to take his eyes off the boy that was now climbing on his lap. Luhan placed a soft hand on Sehun's chest, right where his beating heart was.

I'm really thankful that you're the person tied at the other end of my red string. My red string of fate,” Luhan explains as he smiles at Sehun, eyes glued to the flushed face of the younger boy sitting underneath him.

Just when Sehun thinks he can't possibly love Luhan any more than he already does, the older boy goes and does this.

Sehun finds himself falling again.

(Later that day, Sehun finds out that Luhan got the idea from a scene in his favorite movie. Although the idea of tying a piece of red string on Sehun's finger came from the movie, Luhan insisted that the things he said were his own. To be absolutely sure, Sehun puts watching the movie on his to-do list.)    


 

Hyung, I'm bored,” Sehun complained as he entered Suho and Lay's room. The couple was currently reading a book together, lying flat on their stomachs, legs in the air. They look like kids.

 

Where's Luhan?” Lay asked, not taking his eyes off the page.

 

He's at work.”

 

Well there's your answer. Go visit him,” Suho suggested.

 

You know I don't like crowded places and his cafe is always filled with people. Besides, I'll probably distract him from his work.” Sehun sighed.

 

Be a good boyfriend and go visit him. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you.”

 

Fine.” I should visit him since he's always nagging telling me to drop by.

 

Sehun was about to leave the room when Lay called out, “Can you order me a mocha frappuccino?”

 

When Sehun arrived at Heaven Cafe, there was a long line in front of him. Ughh this is going to take forever.

 

He sticks his head around the people in front and spots Luhan.

 

Luhan was busy taking customers' orders from the main counter.

 

Five minutes later, Sehun was almost close to being the next person to be served. Tapping his feet, Sehun impatiently waited for the man in front of him to finish ordering, but the man kept changing his mind. Make up your darn mind!

 

Sir, can I take your order?” Another employee asked Sehun.

 

He shook his head and pointed towards Luhan. “I'm waiting for him.”

 

Oh okay. Next customer please.”

 

Finally, it was his turn. He walked up to Luhan, with a smirk on his face.

 

Hi. Welcome to Heavenly Cafe. What can I get you--” Luhan recited.

 

His eyes widen when he looked up from the screen and saw the person standing in front of him.

 

You can get me a new boyfriend that doesn't text me asking me to come visit him at work.”

 

Ignoring Sehun, Luhan continued. “Would you like to hear our special today? If you order a large size latte of any kind, you'll also get a free muffin of your choice. Now what would you like today?”

 

Deciding that Luhan was definitely in work mode and is not going to play with him, Sehun seriously looked at the menu board behind the honey haired boy.

 

Uhhh...I'll like a --”

 

We don't have bubble tea here,” Luhan teased in a serious tone, his lips twitching (probably itching to smirk at Sehun).

 

Sehun glared at him. “Two mocha frappuccino then.”

 

Two?” Luhan repeated, curiosity lacing his voice.

 

Yes.”

 

Luhan looked at him suspiciously, but he tapped the order on the screen. After paying Luhan (he was surprised that he didn't get a discount considering he was his boyfriend), Sehun takes a seat near the window, at a spot he can easily see Luhan.

 

Not once did the boy look towards his direction. Was Luhan really busy working, or was he ignoring him?

 

Why tell me to come visit you if you're not even going to keep me company?

 

He stared at the older boy, hoping he'll get the message and come over.

 

Hey Sehun!” The music club president greeted him, waving enthusiastically as she entered the cafe.

 

Sehun noticed from the corner of his eye that Luhan's head snapped towards his direction upon hearing someone call Sehun's name. He smirked. This could be interesting.

 

Hey.”

 

The girl walked over and sat down in front of him.

 

Sehun looked at the reflection from the window – Luhan seems to be unsettled at the fact that Sehun was sitting with a girl.

 

Deciding that this was a good opportunity to make Luhan experience first hand what he feels whenever the other boy was talking to somebody else, Sehun started engaging in conversation with the girl.

 

Sehun could feel lasers targeting his head from where Luhan was standing.

 

 

 

~~~~~~ FLUFFFFFF!!!! ♥♥♥ This was me the whole time I was typing this chapter 

 Spazz-tastic. How will Lulu handle the situation? Double update coming your way! Subscribe and comment. Thanks!! 

 

Red string of fate: "According to this myth (originating from Chinese legend and also used in Japanese legend), the gods tie an invisible red string around the ankles of those that are destined to meet each other in a certain situation or help each other...In Japan, it is thought to be tied around the little finger.... The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break..."  -Wikipedia 

To learn more about the myth --> http://anitasnotebook.com/2012/01/the-red-string-of-fate-binds-you-to-your-soulmate.html