The Heat

I Couldn't Care Less

What is it?” Luhan whispered from his spot behind the two younger boys.

“AAAAHHH!!!”

 

“THE HELL?!?!”

 

The two boys jumped back, apparently shock that someone was behind them. Baekhyun was clutching his chest and Sehun looked like he was ready to punch someone.

 

Baekhyun, breathing heavily, exclamined, “Hyung, don't ever scare us like that again!”

 

Sehun had already regain his composure, but after realizing that Luhan was there, he started fidgeting. And Luhan did his best not to notice. Why is he nervous...I should be the one nervous...

 

Luhan shrugged. “I didn't do it on purpose...but answer my question. What is it?” He pointed towards the tray.

 

Baekhyun gave Sehun a side glance before clearing his throat.

 

“Ahem. We, Sehun and I, made these for you hyung.”

 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. “For me?”

 

“Yes,” Sehun softly replied. Luhan turned to look at him, but the younger boy was avoiding his gaze.

 

“Is it.....” Luhan continued, eyeing the objects on the tray. He was unsure of what to call it.

 

“Cupcakes,” Baekhyun finished, giving Sehun a nudge on the side.

 

“Y-yeah..we m-made you cupcakes..as a w-welcome back g-gift,” Sehun stuttered. Baekhyun smacked him in the arm and whispered something in his ear. What are they whispering about? Luhan was starting to get suspicious.

 

“Is it...edible?” Luhan asked with apprehension. He didn't want to sound rude since they spent all this time baking it, but he didn't want to get food poisoning either.

 

Sehun, still avoiding Luhan's eyes, picked one up from the tray and handed it to him.

 

“Y-yes it's edible...just avoid the burnt part,” Sehun grumbled, looking slightly embarrassed.

 

Luhan, with the “cupcake” in his hands, looked at them with a confused face. “Thanks...but..it's all burnt...”

 

Sehun groaned and snatched the cupcake from his hands. “Don't eat it hyung.”

 

He threw the cupcake on the counter, somewhat angrily. He mumbled something about this being a failure but Luhan couldn't comprehend.

 

“What –?”

 

Baekhyun sighed. “Hyung, Sehun has something to tell you.” He then gently shoved Sehun towards Luhan. Oh does he...

 

Sehun let out a big sigh. “Hyung the truth is...I baked or at least try to bake cupcakes for you..to..to tell you how sorr--”

 

“MY KITCHENNN!!!!!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED!?!!?!?” Kyungsoo shrieked as he walked into the unfamiliar room.

 

The size of his eyes growing increasingly large as he scanned the whole kitchen. It was unrecognizable. His spotless kitchen was no longer that – it was covered in unidentifiable goo.

 

Kyungsoo whimpered, “My...my...my....kitchen.” A mental breakdown was inevitable.

 

The other boys, after hearing Kyungsoo's panic cry, followed in behind him. They all gasped.

 

Chanyeol stood there with his mouth agape. “Whooaaaaaa.”

 

Xiumin, waving his hands around, coughed, “What happened here? It smells like something burnt....”

 

“What exploded in here?” Kai playfully asked as he inspected the oven.

 

“Ooooooo you guys are in big trouble,” Chen jeered as he leaned against the fridge, but jumped as he felt something mushy on his back. “Aishh.. how can you possibly get the fridge dirty?!?”

 

Chen pouted at the sight of his dirty shirt and Chanyeol was currently trying his best not to laugh at the boy.

 

Suho kept shaking his head in a disapproving manner. “Tch...tch...tch”

 

Tao walked over to the tray and pondered over the “cupcakes.” He picked up a piece – ready to sink his teeth into it when Lay slapped it away from his hand. “Tao! Don't eat it! It's clearly not food.”

 

“You guys did this?” Kris asked, pointing at Luhan, Sehun, and Baek.

 

Sehun and Baekhyun kept their heads low and nodded.

 

Kyungsoo was mumbling incoherently. “Kitchen...my....nightmare...spots...everywhere...goo...oven.” He buried his head in his hands, hoping that what he was currently seeing was just a part of his imagination.

 

Chanyeol gave him a hard pat on the back. “Kyungsoo, you're such a drama queen! It looks fine --”

 

Kyungsoo shot Chanyeol a death glare with a growl, causing him to go hide behind Baekhyun (more like stand behind considering how he's much taller than Baek).

 

Kris cleared his throat, trying to gain control of the situation. “Mind explaining what happened here?”

 

Baekhyun answered, “We were baking cupcakes for Luhan hyung.”

 

“Cupcakes? Ah so that's what they are..” Tao exclaimed as he eyed the tray again.

 

“Supposed to be,” Kai corrected.

 

Baekhyun, ignoring Kai's jab, continued, “We didn't mean to destroy the kitchen. Sorry Kyungsoo.”

 

“We'll all clean up,” Luhan added, earning dirty looks from all the boys except Kyungsoo.

 

Before they could argue, Kyungsoo mumbled a small thank you and turned towards the boys, a mop already in his hands.

 

“When did you get that??” Lay asked the question that everybody was thinking.

 

Ignoring the question completely, Kyungsoo started barking out specific orders. “I want this place spotless! Now MOVE!” Some of the boys groaned, but all of them obliged.

 

Normally, Kyungsoo isn't nearly as intimidating as the others, but when faced with a dirty kitchen, he is outright scary.

 

When the clean up process started, Luhan made sure not to be anywhere near the maknae. He knew it was bound to be awkward between the two of them, so he kept his distance. Every now and then Sehun would come over, and he would swiftly head towards the opposite direction.

 

What Luhan didn't notice was the disappointment on Sehun's face whenever he did that.

 

After they were done, they all lined up against the wall, waiting breathlessly as Kyungsoo scrutinized their work. “Hmm....it's cleaner than before..I guess we're done. Good job everyone --”

 

“YEAHH!!” Chanyeol started clapping like a happy maniac.

 

Following Lay and Suho, Luhan was making his way out of the kitchen when suddenly he felt something warm around his hand – it was Sehun's hand.

 

Sehun got ahold of his hand, leading him past the other boys.

 

“Yah!What are you doing??” Luhan asked, eyes wide.

 

“Taking you away,” Sehun answered simply, as he wrapped his hand tighter around Luhan's hand and led him out of the kitchen, amid the shocked faces of the other members.

 

T-taking me away?....

 

Without his knowledge, Luhan's heart started beating frantically. It suddenly got really really hot. He felt something warm crept onto his face – he couldn't see it but he knew his cheeks were flushed pink. He felt the wind knocked out of him.

 

All of the symptoms from his crush were definitely back and they were stronger than ever – kindled by the skinship the maknae was forcing upon him.

 

Sehun was merely holding his hand, but to Luhan it was more than that. It was driving him wild.

 

Breathe. Breathe. Don't let him see your face. Remain calm. Don't forget to breathe!

 

Sehun led him pass the living room and out to the patio, the outdoor lights automatically flicked on. The younger boy swung around to face Luhan, who held his head low, to avoid revealing his flustered face.

 

“W-what do you want?” Luhan spluttered. They may be outside but he could still feel the heat.

 

“I—I want to apologize for what happened at school. I'm sorry about the whole incident. It was my fault. I should have done something when those punks walked in..it's just that I froze. It all happened so fast, but that's not an excuse. I was getting ready to pound them when Kris hyung and Tao hyung walked in and well you know... I'm sorry. I wanted to make it up to you, and so I asked the Baekyeol couple for advice – that was really a bad idea because well..you saw the kitchen. Those weren't welcome back cupcakes, they were 'I am sorry' cupcakes, but it doesn't matter because you can't even eat them.....And I feel like a total loser forthefirsttimeinmylife.”

 

Sehun let out the breath he was holding. He felt relieved from pouring all of his pent-up emotions on the unprepared older boy.

 

Luhan just stared at the ground. He honestly didn't know how to respond. He was caught completely off guard. His heart was still beating like crazy from Sehun's touch. Speaking of touch, Luhan noticed that the maknae was still holding his hand.

 

Breathe.

 

Still not willing to let the other boy see his blushed face, Luhan kept his head down.

 

“That's the most you've ever spoke to me,” Luhan murmured.

 

It was true. The younger boy rarely said more than three sentences whenever he talked to Luhan. The thought that Sehun was talking to him more than usual warmed Luhan's insides, even if he didn't want it to.

 

Sehun just scratched the back of his neck, blushing a little at the older boy's remark.

 

“Oh..umm...yeah.. h-hyung..”

 

Luhan's stomach did a double backflip. His face was surely rosy by now. They were both silent for awhile, neither knowing what to say, until finally -

 

“Uhh..S-Sehun?”

 

Sehun perked up, “Yes hyung?”

 

“You're still...um..uhhh..” Luhan pointed at their joined hands.

 

“OH!” Sehun quickly let go and turned his head to the side, deciding that the dark backyard was far more interesting than what was in front of him.  

 

Although he was a tiny bit sad that Sehun was no longer holding his hand, Luhan mentally let out a relieved sigh. Whew! He could breathe a little better now.

 

Finally able to gather his thoughts, Luhan asked the younger boy what he'd been dying to know.

 

“S-Sehun..when we were in the cafeteria that day..what you said to those guys --”

 

“I didn't mean it!” Sehun interjected as he turn to face Luhan again. The older boy was still keeping his head low.

 

“I just said those things to keep you away from the table. They were messing with me, and if you had sat down, it would have been worse. So I just blurted out lies to stop you, but I wasn't thinking properly because what I said came out hurtful. I am sorry Luhan hyung. I didn't mean what I said.”

 

Luhan finally looked up, silently praying that his face doesn't give his frantic heart away. Sehun blinked faster than usual at the sight of the older boy looking up at him.

 

“You didn't mean it?...None of it is true?”

 

“Of course not!”

 

So he doesn't know I like him....

 

“So you're not just putting up with me because I'll look like a 'kicked puppy' if you didn't?” Luhan asked with a soft tone.

 

“No no. I put up with you because you're my roommate --” Luhan eyes widen. “Kidding! I'm kidding!” Sehun hastily added, afraid that the older boy would start hitting him.

 

“That wasn't funny,” Luhan remarked with a straight face, arms crossed. 

 

Sehun scratched his head. “Sorry.”

 

“If you don't want me around, you can just say it to my face. I don't want you to feel like you have to put up with me...” Luhan mumbled. 

 

“That won't happen,” Sehun replied sternly, causing Luhan to wrinkle his forehead in confusion. “Because I like --”

 

You like?

 

“I don't mind being with you hyung,” Sehun quietly added. Unknowingly, Luhan smiled. Sehun-ah.

 

“AWWWWWWWWWWWW.” A chorus of voices can be heard.

 

Luhan and Sehun snapped their heads towards the side with the sliding glass door.

 

There stood 10 boys, faces glued to the glass door, staring at the two outside on the patio. Luhan widen his eyes in embarrassment, while Sehun facepalmed himself.

 

I gotta get out of here.

 

Luhan slid the glass door, pushed pass the boys, and ran upstairs. He didn't hear Sehun calling him because right now he needed to hide.

 

To hide his flustered face.

 

To forget the fact that his little moment with Sehun was witnessed by 10 other boys. 

 

It had only been a few hours since he got back, and all of this was already happening. This can't be real.

 

******


“Luhan hyung!” Sehun called out to the running figure, but the boy didn't look back.

 

“I guess Luhan hyung couldn't handle your cheesiness,” Chanyeol joked, much to Sehun's dismay.

 

Sehun moaned, gently banging his forehead on the glass door. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

 

“YAH! I don't want smudges on the glass,” Kyungsoo warned. Sehun rolled his eyes, but nonetheless he stopped banging against the glass.

 

Now that the show was over, the other boys left to do their own thing.

 

Sehun stayed outside, hoping the night air can cool him down. For some reason, when he was with Luhan, his whole body started heating up. And when Luhan smiled at him, there was this tingly feeling. What was it? He looked down at his hand, the hand that held on to Luhan's. He smiled, feeling the warmth that was once there wash over him.

 

Too occupied with his thoughts, Sehun didn't notice that Kyungsoo reappeared, holding a bottle of glass cleaner.

 

“Hummm..Mmmm...” What the hell?

 

Losing his train of thought, Sehun turned around to find Kyungsoo humming along to some song as he wiped the glass. Aish!

 

He groaned when he sees Baekyeol making their way out to the patio. Can't I be alone?!?

 

“Hey maknae, how are you holding up?” Baekhyun inquired.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well you basically confessed your undying love to Luhan hyung,” Chanyeol quipped with a wide grin.

 

“W-WHAT!?!!? I—I DID NOT!”

 

They both laughed, apparently amused that Sehun was now a stuttering fool.

 

“We were kidding.” Baekhyun winked.

 

Sehun scoffed, “Very funny.”

 

They both shrugged. “Seriously, now that you have Luhan hyung back, we can breathe easily again. Ever since he disappeared, you were so lifeless.”

 

“You owe us a thank you,” Chanyeol noted.

 

“What for?

 

“Come on, you have to admit those cupcakes were part of the reason why Luhan forgave you.”

 

“Pffftttt. Those cupcakes were a bust. I'm not taking advices from you two ever again.”

 

“Actually, Luhan hyung didn't forgive you yet,” Kyungsoo interrupted from his spot near the glass door.

 

Sehun whipped his head towards Kyungsoo's direction. “What?”

 

“He didn't say he forgive you did he? At least, I didn't hear it,” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“Now that Kyungsoo mentioned it...Luhan hyung didn't exactly accept your apology.” Baekhyun said while scratching his head.

 

Wait...Oh lord! They're right!

 

“And whose fault is that? If we weren't so rudely interrupted, then maybe he would have!” Sehun exclaimed, while cracking his knuckles. The hyungs took a step back.

 

“Okay. Our bad,” Kyungsoo said, holding his bottle of glass cleaner in front of him, as if he would spray the maknae if he came any closer. Baekhyun was holding on to Chanyeol's arm for protection.

 

“I'm sure you two can talk it over in bed,” Chanyeol added, only to receive a glare from Sehun. I'm going to kill you.

 

Sehun slowly walked towards the three hyungs, but they, deciding that it was best to live to another day, ran back inside the house.

 

Choosing to sleep on the couch (because it would be too awkward to face Luhan after that whole fiasco), Sehun kept mentally cursing himself for not realizing sooner that Luhan really hadn't told him that he was forgiven. Dammit!

 

He kept tossing and turning around on the couch, replaying the embarrassing scene in his head. After what seems like hours, Sehun fell asleep with a frown on his face.

 

“Sehun-ah..Wake up.” A familiar honey voice called out. Sehun's eyes popped open. He rubbed his eyes, peered at the face in front of him and gasped.

 

“Luhan hyung?”

 

The older boy giggled. “Yes. It's me.”

 

“What are you doing down here?” Sehun raised an eyebrow. It was still dark outside. The older boy was sitting on the floor by the couch, gazing at him.

 

“I should be asking you that. Why aren't you sleeping in our room?” Luhan cutely tilted his head to the side.

 

“Uhh...I just wanted to test the couch, you know, to see if it's comfortable enough to sleep on.”

 

“Sehun-ah.”

 

“Okay okay. I was worried that it'll be weird between us...”

 

The other boy nodded his head in agreement. “But Sehun-ah, I don't want you to be uncomfortable around me..”

 

“I'm not!” Sehun interjected, a little too loud. Luhan chuckled.

 

“Then come upstairs with me.. I don't like you being down here alone,” Luhan admitted.

 

“Hyung, are we okay?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“You didn't exactly accept my apology, so I was wondering if we're good?”

 

Luhan giggled again. That face...

 

Yes, maknae. We're good.” Luhan then reached out his hand and caressed Sehun's cheeks. Time froze.

 

Sehun couldn't believe it – Luhan was caressing his face!! His warm hand tracing Sehun's jawline, sending shivers down Sehun's spine. This can't be real..

 

His fingers started tracing Sehun's lips causing Sehun's heart to beat faster. The older boy, smiling wider than ever, leaned in...

 

“Sehun-ah,” he whispered. ASDFKGKGKJDHDL.

 

“Yeah?” Sehun did his best to sound calm, but he was far from it. His roommate was leaning in and Sehun could hear his heart beating, almost like a drum.

 

~Ba dum ba dum ba dum ba dum ba dum~

 

Luhan's face was now only inches away from his own. Sehun gulped, not really sure if they should be getting any closer. But he didn't back away. He couldn't. Those beautiful big brown eyes getting ever so close. Those soft pink lips slowly closing the gap between the two.

 

They were now just centimeters apart.

 

Sehun felt like he was hit by a sudden heat wave. Before he could mentally curse the stupid air conditioner, Luhan closed his eyes and moved in closer. Sehun couldn't stop himself from admiring his hyung's flawless face, especially from this angle. Luhan was now so close to his face that Sehun was sure they were breathing each other's air. He could almost taste those lips...

 

Screw this.

 

Sehun pressed his lips against Luhan's. (His hyung was taking too damn long!)

 

At that moment, Sehun felt like he was floating. He knows it's cliché, but who cares? Everything was Luhan and nothing hurts.

 

“YAH! SEHUNNNNN!! WAKE UP!” Suho smacked the maknae on the arm. Sehun jerked. The bright living room immediately blinding him as he opened his eyes. 

 

What the –??!!?”

 

“Yah! No cursing!” Suho warned as he left the boy. Sehun took a look at his surroundings.

 

It was all a ….....dream??????

 

A freaking dream. Sehun ruffled his hair in frustration. Wait..why am I upset?

 

He dragged his feet up the stairs. At the top of the stairs, he ran into none other than Luhan. His heart was beating like it did in his dream. He could hear the insanely loud rhythm pulsing from his chest. Shut it!

 

“Oh! Sehun, you weren't in bed when I woke up, did you sleep somewhere else?”

 

Sehun couldn't stop himself from staring at the other boy's fresh pink lips. Look away! Look away! Stop staring!

 

“Hyung you didn't go downstairs last night did you?” Sehun blurted out. 

 

The older boy shook his head. “No. Why?” Definitely a dream.

 

“Nothing.” Sehun made his way towards the bathroom. He needs a shower.

 

Originally, he had plan on asking Luhan about whether he forgave him, but Kyungsoo had banned him and the Baekyeol couple from entering the kitchen for a week. Chanyeol had argued that he didn't cause any of the mess, but Kyungsoo pointed out that it was probably his idea, which it was, so Chanyeol accepted his ban.

 

Eating their breakfast on the small table that Kyungsoo had graciously placed in the hallway, the trio started complaining loudly about being treated like outcasts. When Kyungsoo poked his head out from the kitchen, they got quiet. “That's right,” Kyungsoo snarled.

 

When they were walking to campus, Sehun made sure to stay away from Luhan, as to avoid looking at him directly, but of course, Luhan somehow landed right next to him.

 

This ninja Bambi.

 

As soon as Sehun peeked at the boy standing to his right, he regretted it.

 

ASHDAFJSDKGHAGA.

 

Luhan was practically glowing.

 

How is this even humanly possible?!?!

 

“Sehun! Oww!” Lay hollered. Sehun had stepped on his heel, obviously not paying attention to where he was going. He was too captivated by the person next to him. This is bad.

 

His hyungs were happily chatting about the upcoming weeks of festivals and concerts, but all Sehun could think about was how Luhan kept his lips so soft looking and pink...

 

Silly questions swirled in his head, like whether or not Luhan had put on lip balm....

 

~~~~~~ Feelings for a certain Bambi are hitting Sehunnie hard. The last part when he was walking next to Luhan, use the image above as a reference. Makes perfect sense why Sehun reacted that way --> Luhan is ASDFGHJKL adorable! ♥ 

Oh did I get you with the kiss scene? Lol. Thought that was fun. 

Subscribe and comment! Tell me what you thought of the chapter. Thanks :DD   [[Re-uploaded]]