The Spell

I Couldn't Care Less

What are you doing?” Sehun asked as he stood by the door, eyes focused on his roommate's back.

Luhan whipped his head around. “O-oh. Uhh. S-Sehun.”

 

Sehun studied his petrified eyes, wondering why the older boy looked so terrified – he soon found the answer when his eyes landed on the slip of paper Luhan was holding. Sehun squinted at the paper.

 

What..?..It couldn't be...?! His eyes widen in realization.

 

Now it was Sehun's turn to looked terrified. He stormed over to where Luhan was standing, apparently glued to the spot, and snatched the photo from Luhan's hands. He may have been more rough on the boy than he had intended, but then again Luhan shouldn't have been snooping around his things.

 

What were you doing with my stuff?!” He hissed at Luhan, who looks quite frightened now. Sehun threw the picture in the drawer and slammed it shut.

 

I-I'm sorry. I w-was looking for a marker, so I o-opened your drawer and found the p-picture. I know I'm not supposed to touch your things, but I-I....I'm sorry,” Luhan stuttered, keeping his head low.

 

Sehun glared at him with muscles tensed, upset that the older boy had invaded his privacy, but that emotion quickly changed to one of utter shock when he notices that Luhan was now.... trembling.

 

H-he's shaking.

 

The tension in Sehun's body immediately lessened, his gaze soften. All thoughts of chastising the older boy vanished, replaced by thoughts of concern.

 

Are you o–?”

 

I-I shouldn't have touched your stuff. You have every right to be mad,” Luhan interrupted, voice incredibly fragile. He still refused to give Sehun eye contact.

 

Sehun took a step forward, hoping to put his hand on Luhan's shoulders to possibly comfort him, but the older boy, not aware of Sehun's pure intention, started walking towards the bedroom door.

 

You don't want to see me right now, so I'll just go,” Luhan muttered with a sad, broken voice.

 

Sehun felt a sharp pang in the chest area. He hastily grabbed Luhan's sleeve.

 

YAH! Don't put words in my mouth.”

 

With Sehun still firmly holding on to his sleeve, Luhan turned around to face the maknae, eyes downcast.

 

You don't have to leave.”

 

Luhan finally looked at Sehun, confusion written all over his face.

 

But-”

 

I'm not that mad at you,” Sehun asserted. He lets go of Luhan's sleeve and awkwardly patted the older boy on the shoulder. Luhan made a small startle movement, but Sehun doesn't notice – he was just glad to see that the boy wasn't trembling like before.

 

But you are mad at me,” Luhan said while unconsciously feeling his shoulder -- at the spot Sehun had touched him.

 

Well you were touching my things without my permission,” Sehun pointed out, only to have the other boy frown. “But I overreacted. I didn't mean to be so rough on you.”

 

It's okay. I'm use to it actually,” Luhan murmured.

 

Wait – what?”

 

It's nothing,” He mumbled. Sehun wanted to know what Luhan meant when he said he was use to it, but with everything else regarding Luhan, he had bad timing.

 

Dinner is ready guys! Come down!” Kyungsoo shouted from downstairs.

 

Let's go.” Luhan gave Sehun a small smile. He knew that the smile was meant to assure him that everything was fine, but Sehun felt uneasy nonetheless. After making up his mind that he'll get the truth out of Luhan sooner or later, he followed him downstairs.

 

Sehun wanted to get Luhan alone so he could get answers, but of course dinner went by agonizingly slow. Baekhyun was complaining to Chanyeol about the latter not being able to win him a big doll like the one Luhan got. Suho was bragging to anyone that would listen about how he found Lay his beloved unicorn plushie. Tao and Xiumin were trying to get Kris to admit that he had a fantastic time at the carnival (they weren't successful). Kyungsoo silently watched as Kai try to convince Chen that he wasn't the one that popped his balloon hat. And Sehun poked at his food, looking disinterested.

 

Are you okay maknae?” Lay asked. Luhan, who was talking to Xiumin, shifted his attention towards Sehun, which then caused everyone else to stop what they were doing to stare questioningly at him. Oh great...Thanks Lay hyung.

 

Sehun cleared his throat. “I'm fine.”

 

Only when he started to put food into his mouth did his hyungs go back to what they were doing – except for Luhan who kept his gaze on the maknae. Sehun wanted to kick him under the table to get him to stop staring.

 

Now tell me what you meant earlier.” Sehun got straight to point as soon as they both got back to their room.

 

Hmm? Regarding what?” Luhan asked, obviously playing clueless.

 

Regarding the whole 'I'm use to it actually' statement. What do you mean by that? Was someone else rough with you? Who? Did they hurt you??”

 

Sehun just drop it.”

 

No. I want – I need to know!”

 

And why do you need to know? What happens to me has nothing to do with you,” Luhan said flatly, ignoring the maknae's piercing eyes.

 

Because you're my roommate dammit!” Because the thought of someone hurting you pisses me off.

 

And I'm supposed to tell you everything about myself because I'm your roommate? Since when does that apply to our situation? I barely know anything about you. And that photo, care to explain?” Luhan snapped back.

 

Sehun winced at the mention of the photo. “Don't change the topic! We're not talking about me.”

 

Why not? Why can't we talk about you? About that photo?”

 

BECAUSE YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND!” Sehun shouted.

 

You'll never understand.

 

Try me,” Luhan challenged, arms crossed.

 

Sehun let out a sarcastic laugh. “Someone like you can't possibly wrap your head around the things I had to go through.”

 

Someone like me?”

 

Yes. Someone like you, whose childhood was all rainbows and cakes, wouldn't know anything about suffering and loneliness,” Sehun spat.

 

Luhan dropped his arms to his side. His eyes moisten.

 

A deadly silence filled the room.

 

Finally, Luhan spoke first. His voice wavered.

 

I'm not as fortunate as you think I am.... My childhood wasn't full of rainbows and cakes, it was far from it. So don't assume I don't know a thing about suffering because I do.”

 

Before Sehun could even take all of that in, Luhan had walked out the room.

 

Sehun heard the bathroom door closed and felt something tugged his heart.

 

They didn't say a word to each other as they both got into bed, pulling the covers over themselves. Each person turning the other way. Sehun couldn't remember the last time he felt so much tension between them.

 

It was unbearable.

 

Minutes pass and neither of them has moved an inch.

 

Eventually, Sehun, unable to take it anymore, made the first move. He turned his head to look at the dark lump on the other side of the bed. Turning back to his original position, he sighed.

 

The lady in the photo is......my mom,” he spoke in the darkness.

 

Silence.

 

Sehun knew Luhan was not yet asleep, so he pressed on.

 

It's a picture of my mom....and dad. It was taken the day they decided to move in together. Even though my mom's parents did not approve of my dad, they were both happy, young and in love. Just being together was enough. That is.....until he found out she was pregnant. Believing that they were too inexperience to raise a child on their own, my dad suggested that my mom give me up for adoption, but she refused. Her being pregnant with me put an irreversible strain on their relationship. Things only took a turn for the worse when my grandparents disowned her, their only daughter, as soon as she gave birth to a child out of wedlock. Not having the ability to support his new family, my dad did something only a coward would do – he ran away.”

 

Sehun paused, feeling relief wash over him. He has never told anyone about this, so the fact that he was finally able to talk about it so freely was liberating.

 

It was a much needed release.

 

Hearing the bed creak, Sehun turned his head around to see Luhan shifting around to face him. It was too dark to tell but Sehun could feel the older boy's eyes penetrating him.

 

Is that why you ripped off his side of the photo?” Luhan asked. His voice warm and comforting.

 

Yeah.....I only kept the photo because it's the only one I have of her.”

 

Sensing that Luhan did not quite understand, he added, “All of the other photos were gone in the house fire, along with my mom... I was nine.”

 

Oh. I'm sorry.”

 

For a good minute they just laid there, bodies turned towards each other, eyes staring at each other but not really seeing the other.

 

Do you still remember what he looks like?” Luhan asked, his voice almost inaudible.

 

Yeah. I do.”

 

Have you tried looking for him?” Luhan asked, but Sehun caught the hesitation in his tone.

 

No. Should I look for someone who abandoned me?” His reply coming out more bitter than he had wanted.

 

I'm sure he thinks about you.”

 

Sehun couldn't help but admire Luhan's naivety.

 

Sehun-ah.”

 

Yeah?”

 

The other boy inched closer to where he was and removed the pillow that was in between them. He put an arm around Sehun.

 

Sehun's breath hitched. His body suddenly warming up.

 

Why did you decide to tell me all of that?”

 

Uh – didn't you make a big deal about not knowing anything about me earlier?” Sehun replied, still figuring out why his body was heating up.

 

The soft chuckle from Luhan brought him out of his thoughts. Luhan ruffled his hair. Aish, why is it so hot in here?

 

Thanks Sehun-ah – for telling me. I'm really happy you're letting me know more about you.”

 

Sehun nodded, but realized that the other boy probably couldn't see him. “Yeah. Consider yourself special.”

 

Luhan giggled and tighten his arm around Sehun. “I will.”

 

Night Sehun-ah.”

 

Nigh – wait don't you have to tell me your story now? It's only fair.”

 

Maybe another time.” Luhan yawned.

 

Another time? WHATTT!?!?! 

 

Yah!” He harshly whispered.

 

Sehun wanted to shake the boy and demand him to fess up, but soft snoring now filled the room. Luhan was already fast asleep. 

 

I talk about my painful past and this is what I get? Unbelievable.

 

 

Feeling the gleams of daylight hitting his eyelids, Sehun woke up, slightly agitated at the sun. He flipped onto his left side, eyes catching sight of something that left him spellbound – a peacefully sleeping Luhan.

 

He was breathtaking. His tussled honey brown hair contrasting beautifully with the white sheets. His features striking amidst the sun's rays. Eyelashes fluttering as he slept. Lips perfectly pink.

 

Why is he so – without knowing, Sehun's hand had made its way to Luhan's face – darn perfect?

 

With fingers gently caressing the older boy's face, Sehun felt his heart beating insanely fast. What am I doing??

 

He couldn't stop though. Sehun was too mesmerized. His fingers continued to trace the boy's jawline, his baby cheeks, the contour of his lips –

 

Mhmm.” Luhan stirred. Sehun snapped his hand away.

 

I'm going crazy. Definitely crazy.

 

With that thought, he got out of bed, refusing to look back at the person who's the cause of his current crazed state.

 

It was Sunday and Suho had insisted that they all go to the park. Sehun doesn't know where Suho gets the idea that a group date with 12 college guys could “tighten their bond.”

 

Don't we already live together?” Sehun responded with a blank face.

 

Oh quit complaining Sehun. Getting some sun won't kill you. And besides, Luhan hyung is really enjoying himself,” Baekhyun said as he pointed towards the said boy, who was happily chasing down a Frisbee Kris threw.

 

Sehun noted that the older boy's ears were red, an indication that he was indeed having fun. Sehun huffed.

 

What does that have to do with me?” Sehun asked, though he could tell where they were going with this. Teasing him about Luhan has become somewhat of a sport for the Baekyeol couple.

 

If Luhan hyung is happy, then you should be as well. Am I right?” Chanyeol quipped as he searched his boyfriend's bag for an extra Frisbee. Having found it, he ran towards the other boys, loudly proclaiming that they should be prepared to play with the “almighty Frisbee master.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

So? I don't care about his freaking happiness,” Sehun continued.

 

Trust me. You do,” Baekhyun deadpanned. He left to join the others in their game, leaving Sehun alone and out of place. He moaned and followed the shorter boy.

 

Sehun finds out that he at Frisbee.

 

Tao threw it at him, and lacking coordination, Sehun managed to stop the flying disk with his forehead. ARGH! OWW!

 

Before he could touch the spot that was causing him pain, Luhan grabbed his hand and led him away from the others. “We're going to get a band aid. Be back soon,” he shouted at the group as they were leaving. Band aid?

 

Am I bleeding?” Sehun asked.

 

A little bit,” Luhan answered, gripping Sehun's hand tighter. Is he scared I'm going to run away or something?

 

Hold still!” Luhan demanded as he gently cleaned the cut before rubbing antibiotic on it. Sehun was squirming at the touch.

 

It stings!” Sehun hollered.

 

Take it like a man! You big baby!”

 

Look who's talking!!”

 

There,” Luhan announced after he placed a band aid on the wound. Satisfied with his work, Luhan smiled at him. Why is he smiling?

 

Sehun turned to look at his reflection outside of the store's window. His jaw dropped.

 

A HELLO KITTY BAND AID!??!!?”

 

Luhan shrugged. “It looks cute on you.”

 

C-cute? CUTE?! Why the hell do I need to look cute?!”

 

Luhan laughed. “There's nothing wrong with looking cute.”

 

Sehun flailed his arms around, irritated at the situation. “It's already embarrassing enough that I got a cut from a darn Frisbee, now you give me the most girly band aid I've ever laid eyes on.”

 

Luhan nodded. Sehun glared at his smiling face, unable to argue any further.

 

Since when did he let the baby-face tormentor win so easily? Sehun groaned. Kill me now.

 

Hoping to save himself from his teasing hyungs, he hid the stupid band aid under his bangs, but of course they noticed. His dark hair could not hide that bright pink band aid.

 

Cool band aid bro,” Kai teased as everyone else laughed.

 

That's it – I'm killing Bambi. 

 

 

~~~~~~ Hi everyone!! How was the new chapter?? I know it has been forever :/ but hopefully these new chapters don't get deleted. 

Sehunnie is completely falling for Lulu. Lol. Hopefully in the next chapter he'll realize it. Double update (next chapter will be up hours from now)

 A picture of the band aid Lulu gave Sehun. Lol. I love their relationship. 

Subscribe and comment! Thanks :DD