The Steps

I Couldn't Care Less

 

 

♥♥♥♥BAEKYEOL'S GUIDE TO MAKING YOUR CRUSH FALL FOR YOU♥♥♥♥

Step 1: Get the person's attention. Let him know you exist. Flaunt your assets; spice up your wardrobe. If you are already familiar with one another, let the person know that someone likes him - write a love letter.

 

Since he and Sehun are already roommates, Luhan decided that the love letter is his best option.

 

After spending an hour writing the letter, Luhan signed the letter (Your Secret Admirer) and placed it in a pink envelope. He needs to give Sehun the letter, but how? He spotted the teal hoodie that Sehun loves to wear and dropped the letter in the hood. Hopefully it won't fall out.

 

Later Luhan rushed home after work, anxious as to whether or not Sehun read his letter. He ran to the room only to find Sehun bent over his desk, working on some homework. Luhan casually peeked into the boy's hoodie, the pink envelope was still there. He sighed in relief. It's still there....so he hasn't read it yet. He frowned. How should he get Sehun to look inside his hood?

 

Sehun-ah, isn't it kind of chilly in here?” Luhan shivered a bit.

 

Sehun looked up and shrugged, “I guess so.” The younger boy pulled his hood over his head and something fell out. He picked it up, turned it over, noticed the big heart on the front, and balled it up.

 

“Heyyyyy...why didn't you read it?” Luhan asked, trying to hide his disappointment.

 

“It's probably another love letter from the girl that sits behind me in class.” Sehun then threw the balled up letter in the waste bin.

 

Luhan looked at the bin, apparently dazed. Darn!

 

Step 2: Stalk Find out more about your target. What does he like to do? What are your common interests? Engage in similar activities. If you and your crush share a common interest, then good for you! You now have an excuse to be near him, possibly touching him as well. If you share nothing in common with your crush, then make something up. If he likes swimming, ask him to teach you. If he plays an instrument, quickly order an instrument online and watch videos on how to play it. Do whatever it is you must do - just spend lots of time with him!

 

Luhan decided to join the club that Sehun was in since he didn't have the money to order a musical instrument nor the talent to learn how to play.

 

Hello. How can I help you today?” The president of the Musical Performance Club asked Luhan.

 

Uhh. Do you have a list of your current members? I just want to check something.” The girl handed Luhan a list of names, his eyes scrolled down the sheet of paper until the name “Oh Sehun” stopped him. Luhan grinned.

 

Is everything okay?”

 

Yes. I'm thinking about joining but are members required to know how to play an instrument?”

 

No. Although most members can play some sort of instrument, other members can sing and dance, and a few joined just so they can help with the musical productions we put on.” Perfect.

 

Where do I sign up?” Luhan asked, pen ready in his hand.

 

During the next club meeting, Luhan made sure to show up early. He sat at the back, near the door.

 

Lu- what are you doing here?” Sehun asked, taken by surprise.

 

Oi! Sehun-ah! You're part of this club too? I didn't know.” Luhan smiled mischievously. He patted the empty seat next to him. “Sehun-ah sit here.”

 

The boy looked at him suspiciously, but sat down anyway.

 

Although Luhan was completely lost during the meeting, (he did catch something about a big festival coming up in a few days), it didn't matter because Sehun's elbow accidentally brushed against his a couple of times. By the time the meeting ended, (1 hour and 45 minutes later) Luhan's cheeks were rosy from all the elbow contact.

 

Sadly, club meetings were only once or twice a week, Luhan needed something else. But what......

 

Luhan, dressed in work-out clothes, stood in front of the university's fitness center and inhaled. You can do this. Tao had told Luhan that Sehun frequently visits the fitness center after classes, to run a few laps on the treadmill.

 

After asking the trainer which buttons to press, Luhan began jogging at a slow pace on the treadmill. This isn't so bad...

 

Since when did you start working out?” A familiar voice asked from behind him. Luhan looked back, trying to hide his happiness, he knew that voice too well.

 

Sehun! What do you mean? I need to lose a few pounds, so I come here to run whenever I can.” Luhan went back to jogging.

 

Sehun looked at the monitor on the treadmill and pointed out, “If you want to lose a few pounds, I suggest you run on Level 4 because Level 1 won't get you anywhere.” He then pressed the Level 4 button, and Luhan almost fell face first at the sudden increase in speed.

 

“Thanks Sehun..” Luhan said, trying his best not to sound bitter. Now he REALLY was going to lose a few pounds...

 

Step 3: Be passive. Let the target make the first move. You were initiating contact before, now you take a backseat. Leave the person alone for a few days. See if the person notices that you're not there. If he does miss your absence, he'll text or call you. If not, then proceed to step 4, the final step.

 

Luhan deliberately missed a few club meetings, he sat in the library waiting for a text from Sehun asking him where he was, but the text never came. The meeting must have not been important if he didn't text Luhan assumed. 

 

At home, he would eat doughnuts and cookies in front of Sehun, hoping he'll say something about Luhan's diet and suggest they go to the fitness gym to get back on the treadmill. He never does.

 

Sehun just stares at him blankly and hands him a napkin. “You got crumbs on your mouth.” Aish! Step 4 – don't fail me!

 

Step 4: Pour your heart out. Ask your crush to meet you somewhere private and spill the beans. Make sure you mention how important this meeting is to you. If he really cares, he'll come. And if he does like you back, CONGRATULATIONS!! If not, then...there are plenty of other crayons in the box :)

 

Luhan hyung!” Baekyeol called out, running towards the older boy who was sitting on the bench near the library.

 

Hey Baekhyun! Hey Chanyeol!” Luhan happily greeted the couple.

 

So...how is it coming along? Does your crush know you like him yet?” Baekhyun questioned.

 

Not yet, but he will. I'm on Step 4.” Chanyeol made an “O” with his mouth.

 

Let us know if we can help.”

 

Actually you can. Chanyeol, do you mind switching shifts with me at the cafe, so I can meet the person later tonight?” Luhan asked, eyes pleading.

 

No problem hyung!” Chanyeol saluted Luhan. Baekhyun and Luhan laughed.

 

Oh! I need to go buy something for later tonight.” Luhan abruptly stood up and grabbed his backpack.

 

What are you buying?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Sparklers. I think it'll be fun if we played with the sparklers after...well you know..” Luhan shyly answered. Baekyeol giggled at their hyung's sudden shyness.

 

Yeah, we know hyung. Good luck! FIGHTING!!” They shouted as Luhan ran to go buy some sparklers.

 

He texted Sehun –

 

Hey meet me at the playground near our house later @ 6 pm. It's really important, so don't be late!

 

Luhan pressed send. This was it. He was really going to tell Sehun how he felt. He was excited and extremely nervous at the same time. Six o'clock couldn't be here any faster.

 

******

 

5:30 P.M.

Zzzzzz. Zzzzzzz. Sehun checks the text from Luhan and replied -

 

Fine.

 

What is so important that he wants to meet me at a playground... Doesn't he know we live together? Someone taps him and Sehun loses his train of thought.

 

What?!” Sehun snapped at his classmate.

 

The club president needs you. It's an emergency. The dean is unsatisfied with the music arrangements, so he is making the entire club submit a new piece.” The messenger blurted out.

 

Sehun groaned but got up nonetheless and followed his classmate to the meeting room. This is going to take forever.

 

7:30 P.M.

Are we done yet?” Sehun asked a little annoyed. Meetings have never gone on for 2 hours before and he was exhausted.

 

Not yet, Sehun. I need you to go over this one more time and make sure it flows.” The president handed Sehun a stack of music sheets. He mentally curses.

 

Beep. Beep. His phone was running out of battery.

 

8:00 P.M.

Everyone was finally allowed to go home. Sehun rubbed his neck. If the meeting had gone any longer, he would have smashed the guitars. He got up and followed a couple of his club buddies, who were talking about something. 

 

You know they're going to destroy the playground near my neighborhood. I'm so upset because I grew up on that playground.” One of them mentioned. Playground.....playground?? SH*T !!! Luhan!

 

Sehun bolted out the door, knocking into people, but he didn't stop to apologize. He kept on running.

 

8:10 P.M.

He arrives at the playground, huffing and puffing. Trying to catch his breath, he scanned the area.

 

There he is!

 

Luhan was sitting on a swing. He was holding something....a sparkler?

 

Sehun stepped forward but then paused. Realization struck him. 

 

He was....waiting this whole time???

 

HEYY!” Sehun shouted at the older boy.

 

Luhan turned towards the source of the voice. Sehun started walking towards the figure on the swing.

 

It was night, but Sehun could still see the other boy's facial features clearly, even from a distant.

 

Sehun stopped in his tracks.

 

Luhan's face...

 

His face... was entirely crestfallen, pained even.

 

Seeing that pained expression from the older boy tugs his heart. W-why.....Luhan...

 

An influx of emotions hits Sehun. Hard. 

 

 

~~~~~~ Awwwww!! Lulu :'(  How could you do that, Sehunnie?!?!

It was interesting writing the first part, Luhan is so cute, but then the 2nd part....made me sad. 

What about you guys? How was the chapter? Comment and subscribe ♥