The Game

I Couldn't Care Less

 

Thank you, Mr. Jung. I'll see you tomorrow,” said Luhan as he bowed to the elderly man and walked out of Heavenly Cafe, right behind Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The couple had taken Luhan to the popular coffee shop, where they worked, to try and get a job. After successfully doing so, the trio began walking home, chatting about anything and everything. Luhan noted that Baek and Chanyeol are quite the talkative pair.

So Luhan hyung, how are you liking our place so far?” Chanyeol asked when he notice that Luhan had gotten a bit quiet.

 

Oh..it's great.” Minus the fact that I slept in a sleeping bag last night.

 

Is Sehun giving you a hard time?” Baekhyun asked, already knowing the answer.

 

Luhan frowned. “Yes. He is....Do you guys know why he is so hostile towards me?”

 

Aww. Don't worry hyung, that's just how he is at first. He'll warm up to you.” Chanyeol patted Luhan's back.

 

Doubt it.

 

Besides, he probably hasn't gotten used to sharing a room,” Baekhyun added.

 

Wait...I'm his first roommate?” Luhan asked, thinking now that maybe Sehun was just cold because he, Luhan, had invaded a space that had solely belonged to the younger boy.

 

Mhm. Since Sehun is the precious maknae, we decided to let him have a room to himself.” Wow, that jerk has his hyungs wrapped around his cold finger.

 

Yeollie, you're forgetting that we let him have his own room because he gave all of us the cold shoulder for a week.” Now that's more like it.

 

I've been meaning to ask this – why did you guys put up the ad for a new roommate?”

 

To cover expenses,” Baekhyun answered. “It's quite difficult for 11 boys to live comfortably in a big house like ours with only 5 working. Money was tight.”

 

Especially after purchasing a state-of-the-art home entertainment system,” Chanyeol quipped. They all laughed. Then Chanyeol froze all of a sudden. His eyes fixated on an advertisement poster taped in front of a game store.

 

What's wrong Chanyeol?” Luhan asked, looking puzzled.

 

The new Kill Mission 3 game is coming out tomorrow!! I have to get it,” Chanyeol said with visible determination, still standing in front of the game store.

 

There is definitely going to be a long line though Yeollie,” Baekhyun said while nudging his boyfriend to keep on walking.

 

I'll just camp out in front of the store early in the morning,” Chanyeol simply responded. Camp?.......

 

A brilliant idea had presented itself to Luhan.

 

Chanyeol, if you're going to camp out, you will need to bring the essentials,” Luhan stated with a wide smile.

 

Like what hyung?”

 

Like ----”

 

******

 

It was late at night when Sehun got out of school. He was exhausted, but as soon as he stepped in the house, his mind suddenly sharpen. He had a goal. His eyes started scanning the living room, dead set on finding a specific person, or rather a prey. Failing to find the particular head of honey brown hair he was looking for, Sehun ran to the kitchen.

 

Where is Bamb— Luhan?”

 

Luhan hyung,” Kris corrected the maknae.

 

Yes. Where is he?” Sehun asked, slightly annoyed.

 

Upstairs. Sehun-ah do you want me to make you some dinner?” asked Kyungsoo, but the maknae had already left the room.

 

I already ate,” Sehun shouted as he bolted up the stairs.

 

He burst into his room only to find a sleeping Luhan on the bed. His bed. Sehun crept over and sat on his bed, next to the sleeping form.

 

YAH! Wake up! You're not supposed to be on my bed,” Sehun angrily called out.

 

Mhmm...Is that you...............Satan?” Luhan mumbled while trying to hide his smirk. Sa...tan? Satan???

 

What?! YAH!” Sehun grabbed the other pillow and smacked Luhan in the face with it, forcing the older boy's eyes to pop open.

 

HEYY!!WHY DID U DO THAT?!” Luhan shouted.

 

YOU KNOW WHY! NOW GET OFF MY BED AND INTO YOUR SLEEPING BAG. Bambi.”

 

I have a name, it's LUHAN. LUHAN HYUNG TO YOU!” Luhan flicked Sehun in the forehead. Ouch!

 

YAHH! YOU WANT TO DIE?!!” Sehun hollered as he got ready to swing his pillow at the older male.

 

OF COURSE NOT! AND I'M NOT GETTING INTO THAT SLEEPING BAG YOU ---”

 

Ahem ahem.” Lay and Chen were at the door, staring at them.

 

Um is everything alright?” asked Lay with his eyebrow raised.

 

Yeah we heard yelling,” a concern Chen stated.

 

Uh yeah we're fine. Just arguing over who would win Music Bank (a kpop music show) tomorrow,” Luhan responded. Sehun looks at Luhan like that was the lamest excuse he'd ever heard. Luhan shot him a “follow along” glare.

 

Suddenly, Chanyeol barged in. “Hey Sehun, do you still have that sleeping bag of yours?”

 

Yeah. Why?”

 

Can I borrow it?”

 

“.....What? Why?”

 

So I can use it to camp out in front of that game store down the street. The new Kill Mission 3 is coming out tomorrow and I must have my hands on it.”

 

Luhan, who had already got up from the bed, took the sleeping bag out of the closet and handed it to Chanyeol. “Here you go, Chanyeol. Take it for as long as you want.” He grinned as the taller boy grabbed the bag from his hands.

 

Thanks hyu--”

 

Hey! I didn't say you can take it,” interrupted Sehun, who was now aware of the situation.

 

Why? Were you using it?” Chanyeol gave the maknae a pout, almost pathetic looking. Lay and Chen were also staring at him, wondering why he wouldn't let Chanyeol take it.

 

Luhan turned to face Sehun. “Yeah Sehun, why do you need a sleeping bag?”

 

Sehun glared at Luhan. You know exactly why. Eventually, he then turned to Chanyeol and sighed. “Fine. You can use it, hyung.”

 

Thanks maknae!” Chanyeol gave Sehun a bone crushing hug before running out of the room, followed by Lay and Chen, who saw no other purpose in being in the room.

 

Sehun stared at a satisfied looking Luhan. Well played, Bambi.

 

You know you still have to sleep on the floor,” Sehun said impassively. He refuse to let Luhan have the upper hand.

 

Luhan hopped on the bed and laid down with his hands rested behind his head, looking annoyingly relaxed. “Make me.”

 

With a swift kick, Sehun had managed to get Luhan off his bed, but the older boy had dragged the bed cover off the bed with him, cushioning his fall.

 

Heyy, give that back!”

 

Luhan, sticking his tongue out, said, “Too bad! Without the sleeping bag, I need something else to support my back.” He then started rolling, effectively wrapping himself snugly inside the covers.

 

Sehun just stared at him, apparently stunned. This imp!

 

Finally, he threw his hands in the air. “Fine!”

 

Luhan 2 : Sehun 1???

 

 

The next morning, Sehun woke up finding himself missing a pillow. He looked down and there it was – under Luhan's head. Sehun groaned. Things were not going his way.....at all.

 

Breakfast became a sort of staring contest between him and Luhan. Sehun gave the older boy his best “I will destroy you” stare, but Luhan responded with a gentle smile. Sehun wanted to throw his muffin at that seemingly sweet facial gesture.

 

What is wrong with those two?” Tao whispered to Kris, who just shrugged.

 

During the walk to school, Sehun pretended that Luhan wasn't there walking along with him and his hyungs. Once in front of the building, he heard Luhan called out, “Bye Sehun-ah!” He just simply ignored the boy and walked away, not looking back. He gave himself a mental prep talk-

 

That's it, Sehun. Act indifferent. Don't let him get under your skin. He's not worth your time and energy.

 

The rest of his day went smoothly (because he didn't see Luhan all day). When he got home, he stayed in his room-- working on homework at first, then practicing on his keyboard.

 

Later that night, a tired Luhan lazily opened the front door and stumbled in. His first day at Heavenly Cafe was hectic, to say the least. Luhan came to the conclusion that people with a caffeine addiction were extremely impatient, not to mention strict about how they want their coffee.

 

Short on energy, Luhan just plopped down on the living room couch and fell asleep right there.

 

Sehun came downstairs hoping to get a snack from the kitchen. He spotted someone sleeping on the couch. He stepped closer to see who it was. Bambi. He snorted and went into the kitchen to get his snack. Sehun walked back upstairs, leaving his sleeping roommate aka his new enemy.

 

Thirty minutes later, Kris and Suho appeared, staring at the figure sprawled on the couch.

 

Why is he sleeping on the couch?” Suho asked as he bent down to observe the older boy, who was starting to snore a little.

 

I don't know, but let's bring him up.” As Kris carried Luhan upstairs, he heard the boy murmur something about caramel latte with 2 scoops of sugar. 

 

~~~~~~ Lulu is already under Sehun's skin. Hehehehe. I enjoy writing the dialogue between Hunhan :) 

Next chapter: Luhan starts feeling something towards Sehun...what could it possibly be :PP

(If it wasn't clear, Luhan was the one that gave Chanyeol the idea of using Sehun's sleeping bag. Lol. He wanted to get rid of it.)