The Beast

I Couldn't Care Less

 

It was now night time, but the gang was still at the park. Apparently, the park is hosting a special midnight movie screening. A big inflatable screen was already set up in the center and people were gathering, finding the perfect spot. Lay and Tao had insisted that they stay to watch as well, and of course Suho and Kris agreed.

 

Sehun cursed the two hyungs for being so weak when it came to their respective roommates.

 

Speaking of roommate.... Sehun looked around for that head of honey brown. He spotted his target a few feet away.

 

Luhan was busy throwing popcorn into Xiumin's mouth. Every time Xiumin caught one, Luhan would cheer and pinch his cheeks, calling him “Baozi.” (Whatever that is)

 

Sehun made a gagging noise at the sight of the two oldest playing in their own little world.

 

Jealous?” The Baekyeol couple chimed as they sat down next to Sehun on the grass.

 

J-jealous?! Of what?!” Sehun mentally slapped himself for sounding so jumpy.

 

Of Xiumin hyung. Luhan hyung is over there, lovingly pinching his cheeks,” Baekhyun answered matter-of-factly.

 

Bet you wish he was pinching your cheeks,” Chanyeol added with a mischievous chuckle.

 

Ha. Ha. Very funny,” Sehun said with a straight face. He wished he had popcorn to throw at the couple instead.

 

They were about to say more on the topic, but the speakers surrounding the park blasted on -- the movie was starting. Thank goodness.

 

Sehun couldn't even focus on the movie, his eyes would randomly dart towards Luhan's direction. The older boy was sitting snugly between Xiumin and Lay. Sehun made a disgusted face at how close they were. Shouldn't they give him room to breathe?

 

Sehun looked down to find his fists clenched, knuckles white. Why am I even bothered?

 

He shook his head and turned towards the jumbo screen. There was a fight scene between the male protagonist and two bad guys, but instead of seeing the actors, Sehun saw himself beating the living daylight out of Xiumin and Lay. He decided that the movie was fairly amusing.

 

When the ending credits came on screen and other people started to get up and stretch, Sehun's eyes shot towards Luhan, who was now massaging Lay's shoulders. Sehun rolled his eyes in annoyance. He turns around, noticing that Suho was also staring at the two. Suho's face didn't look that pleased either.

 

 

Sehun-ah, why are you so quiet?” Luhan asked as he got into bed. Sehun was turned the other way. He grunted in response.

 

Are you still upset about the Hello Kitty band aid?”

 

Maybe.”

 

The truth is Sehun has forgotten all about the band aid. He was irritated over something else, but he couldn't even explain why he was feeling that way. All he knows is that it has something to do with Luhan.

 

Do you want to talk about it?”

 

What are you? A psychiatrist?” Sehun scoffed.

 

No. But I thought you could share what's bugging you.”

 

No thanks. The last time I shared something, you went to sleep afterwards – not even bothering to tell me your story.”

 

I'm just not ready to tell you. Not yet,” Luhan said softly, almost apologetic. Sehun sighed.

 

Fine. You don't have to if you're not ready.” I'm letting you off easy.

 

Thanks Sehun-ah.”

 

Now can I go back to sleep?”

 

Luhan chuckled and ruffled Sehun's hair, ignoring the cries of the latter. “Are you that eager to go to sleep?”

 

Yah! Stop messing with me or..”

 

Or what?” Luhan asked mockingly.

 

I'll order a new sleeping bag. Express delivery sounds good --”
 

Okay okay. I'll let you sleep.”

 

Finally.” Sehun pulled the covers over his head, hoping to get some shut eye. He was drained from being outside all day and not to mention almost getting killed by a Frisbee.

 

Sehun-ah?”

 

WHY WON'T HE LET ME SLEEP!?!?!?

 

What!?”

 

Night.” Luhan giggled then rolled to his side of the bed, evidently pleased to have the maknae thrashing around in frustration.

 

AISH!! What is wrong with me?!?! Why am I letting him ruffle my hair and keeping me up? If it was anyone else....

 

Sehun peeked over to Luhan's side, the other boy already had his eyes close, ready to drift off to sleep.

 

A moment ago, Sehun had wanted to smother his roommate in his sleep, but now looking at his innocent face, Sehun had an incredibly strong urge to run his fingers through Luhan's soft hair and –

 

I'm seriously going crazy. He groaned into his pillow.

 

******

 

Do you know what's going on with Sehun? He's been kind of..weird lately,” Luhan questioned as he entered the living room, where Lay and Suho were watching television.

 

Weird how?” Suho asked, eyes curious.

 

Well whenever it's just the two of us, he gets all fidgety – like I would attack him or something.”

 

Lay and Suho exchanged knowing glances. Something is up.

 

What is it?”

 

Hyung, I think this is quite normal, considering the type of person Sehun is,” Lay replied as he flipped through the channels.

 

What do you mean?”

 

For as long as we've known him, Sehun has always been the type to be apprehensive when it comes to displaying his feelings,” Suho answered.

 

Luhan looked at them, confused.

 

He likes to put up a wall. A very thick wall. Almost impenetrable,” Lay added.

 

Almost. As soon as someone comes along and manages to make even the smallest of dent, Sehun starts to --” Suho started.

 

Panic like a claustrophobic person stuck in a elevator,” Lay finished.

 

Why though?”

 

Lay and Suho locked eyes, seemingly hoping that the other knew the answer to that. “We're not exactly sure, but I think he just dislikes being vulnerable.”

 

And I think this is the first time he has ever fallen --” Suho was cut off by loud footsteps. 

 

WE'RE HOME!!!” Chanyeol hollered from the hallway. “Oh hey hyungs.” He greeted the trio in the living room, and following right behind him were Baekhyun and Sehun.

 

Luhan noticed that Sehun stiffen as soon as he got in the room and saw them. What is up with him?

 

Call me when dinner is ready.” Sehun stalked upstairs without so much of a second glance at his hyungs.

 

Baekyeol snickered as soon as Sehun was out of earshot. They beckoned Luhan to come join them in the hallway.

 

What is it? Why are we --”

 

The Baekyeol couple shoved Luhan in the nearest bathroom. “Yah! W-what --”

 

They locked the door behind them. Both boys started grinning at him. “Hyung, calm down. This is an emergency meeting.”

 

An emergency meeting? In the bathroom? Really?” Luhan raised his eyebrow.

 

So no one can interrupt us. Duh.” Chanyeol sat down on the toilet (with the cover down) while Baekhyun hopped on the sink. Luhan stood facing them, back against the door.

 

We're here to discuss your situation with Sehun.” Sehun?

 

What about him?” Luhan asked, trying not to sound too interested.

 

Have you tried confessing to him again?”

 

Luhan shook his head. “I don't see the point. We're just going to stay roommates.”

 

Is that really what you want? To be just roommates?” Baekhyun asked while gazing intently at him, as if he already knew the answer.

 

N-no,” Luhan mumbled.

 

Exactly. You want to hold his hands, cuddle, call him fluffy names, kiss him whenever you want --”

 

Luhan blushed at the thought of doing those things to Sehun, but he willed himself to snap out of it. It won't happen.

 

It doesn't matter because Sehun doesn't like me that way,” was Luhan's response, his voice almost a whisper.

 

Baekhyun giggled while Chanyeol had on a ridiculous grin. “Don't be so sure. Anything is possible.”

 

What are you two getting at?”

 

Let's say that you, being the adorable lovable hyung that you are, unknowingly melted the cold heart of our dear maknae.”

 

What?”

 

Baekhyun sighed. “Hyung, your one-sided love is no longer one-sided!”

 

Huh?” No longer one-sided?

 

Chanyeol facepalmed. “SEHUN IS IN LOVE WITH YOU!”

 

.....................” Luhan stared at them, mind not fully comprehending the sentence.

 

You're practically driving him crazy without knowing it.”

 

Sehun is in love w-with m-me? D-driving him c-crazy? Me?

 

Is this some sort of joke?” Luhan appeared skeptical, even though deep down he wished it wasn't.

 

Baekyeol rolled their eyes at their hyung's hesitation. “Hyung, I'm sure even you have notice how strange Sehun acts around you.”

 

Uh huh....go on.”

 

He's clearly just nervous.”

 

Nervous? Why?”

 

Because he doesn't know that cupid's arrow has struck him right in the forehead!” Chanyeol exclaimed animatedly, using his long limbs to demonstrate how cupid would have shot that arrow.

 

I still don't think he's in love with me,” Luhan replied meekly.

 

Trust us. He is.”

 

He just doesn't know it yet,” Baekhyun added with a mysterious smile.

 

How can he not know whether or not he likes me?

 

This doesn't make any sense. There are other logical explanations as to why he avoids being alone with me or why he fidgets whenever I'm near. There has to be,” Luhan countered.

 

Like what?”

 

Like maybe he's still mad at me for the Hello Kitty band aid or better yet, he doesn't like being alone with me. We tend to just bicker whenever we're alone.”

 

No. No.”

 

Then what?” Luhan asked impatiently.

 

He avoids being around you because he can't control --”

 

Control what?”

 

HIS RAGING HORMONES!” Chanyeol practically shouted. Baekhyun kicked him from his spot on the sink, telling him to quiet down before someone hears.

 

.................”

 

Sehun has hormones?

 

Honestly, Luhan didn't think Sehun was like any other regular 19 year old..... He was always so stoic.

 

If Sehun did have “raging hormones,” then he did a good job at hiding it.

 

So you know what you have to do now right?” Baekhyun interjected, cutting his train of thought.

 

W-what?”

 

Release. The. Beast,” Baekyeol said in unison, looking at Luhan with unnerving determination. They are totally out of it. Completely mental.

 

Rightttt. And how do I release the beast?” Luhan asked sarcastically. 

 

Hyung, it's simple. Just jump Sehun – see how he handles that.” Chanyeol smirked. Wow. Just wow. Why do I even listen to these two?

 

Luhan clapped his hands. “Well thanks for the little uh meeting, but I don't think I can do what you just suggested.”

 

Why not?!”

 

Because I like to keep my face as is.” Sehun will surely tear me to shreds if I jumped him. Yes. Most definitely.

 

Luhan made to turn around, but Baekhyun grabbed his wrist. “Hyung, you can't give up. Sehun is just a little confused about his feelings for you, but he'll realize it soon.”

 

How do you two even know all of this? Has he told you about it?”

 

Nooo way. Sehun would never tell anyone about that sort of stuff.”

 

Then how --”

 

Have faith hyung. Give him some time and before you know it, you'll be cuddle buddies,” Chanyeol suggested.

 

DINNER IS READY,” Kyungsoo hollered.

 

Chanyeol shot up from his seat on the toilet. “Meeting adjourned!”

 

Luhan twisted the door knob to let them out, but not before Baekhyun reminded him that they're next door in case he needed more advice. I think I have enough advice from you two.

 

Luhan and the Baekyeol couple walked out of the restroom and when they got into the kitchen where the others were starting to gather, Chanyeol put his arm around Luhan's shoulders.

 

Raging hormones. Release the beast,” he whispered into Luhan's ears then skipped away to his seat at the kitchen table.

 

What am I supposed to –

 

Are you just going to stand there?” A familiar voice can be heard from behind him.

 

Uhh uh no,” Luhan stuttered as Sehun walked past him, shaking his head. 

 

Luhan's heart, like all the other time when Sehun is anywhere near, started beating faster. But somehow this felt different. Did believing in what Baekyeol had told him cause him to look at and think of Sehun differently? Was his crush no longer one-sided?

 

During dinner, Luhan's knee accidentally brushed up against Sehun's under the table. The younger boy immediately retreated his legs, glaring at Luhan.

 

That's the face of a beast alright - a mad one.

 

By the time Luhan got out of the bathroom after washing up, Sehun had already fallen asleep. Luhan sighed and got into bed. He laid there for an hour or two, contemplating on what Baekyeol had discussed with him.

 

This is ridiculous. I'm crazy for even thinking that Sehun could possibly like me –

 

Nnghh.”

 

Luhan whipped his head around. Sehun? He sat up and peered at his sleeping roommate.

 

Silence.

 

Concluding that he was just imagining things, Luhan shook his head. I'm going crazy.

 

Ba.”

 

Luhan's eyes widen at the boy next to him. Okay this time he was sure that the noise came from Sehun. He leaned in closer, hoping to hear what the boy was mumbling about.

 

Bam,” Sehun murmured.

 

Bam? Is he fighting somebody in his sleep?

 

Bambi.”

 

Luhan froze. B-bambi? Bambi? Is he........calling.... m-me????

 

Eyes fixated on the sleeping boy, Luhan's mind started to swirl with thoughts of Sehun affectionately calling him Bambi, holding his hands, cuddling him in the bed they shared, and other things that set his body on fire.

 

I'm not dreaming am I? Luhan pinched himself.

 

Bambi.” Sehun's lips curved into a rare smile as soon as the word left his mouth.

 

Luhan thinks he's falling in love with the boy all over again. 

 

 

~~~~~~ Awwwwwwww. Sehunnie is jealous and Lulu is falling again. Lol. Writing fluff is like my specialty or something. 

I took longer than planned to upload this chapter :/ my apologies. Another chapter coming your way!! Look forward to it because it's going to be fantastic! (At least in my mind) 

100+ subscribers  0_0 Wow! Thanks guys ♥  Subscribe and comment ^_^