The "Surprise"

I Couldn't Care Less

--- This chapter, you'll see Luhan's side of the incident..... Also I want to give you guys a FLUFF WARNING ---

 

 

S-Sehun?” Luhan shouted at the hoodie figure. The person stopped.

 

Luhan ran to the drenched boy, promptly using the umbrella to shield the younger boy from the downpour.

 

Sehun! You're completely wet! What are you doing without an umbrella?!” Luhan demanded.

 

Sehun stared at Luhan for a second, taking in the older boy's worried expression.

 

You're talking to me again....” Sehun mumbled as if he wasn't sure the verbal exchange was really happening.

 

Luhan's eyes narrowed. “Yes...Let's go home.”

 

Since Sehun is taller, Luhan holding the umbrella for the both of them looked a bit awkward, but for some reason he didn't mind.

 

They were waiting for the red pedestrian signal to turn green when a car, making a sharp right turn, got too close to the curb, hurling a wave of water towards them.

 

Luhan yelped, closing his eyes tight. Sehun reflexively cast himself between the incoming water and Luhan. SPLASHHH

 

Luhan waited, eyelids still shut tight. When was the water going to hit him?

 

He finally took a peek – Sehun was standing in front of him, more wet than he was a few seconds ago.

 

Luhan gasped. Sehun had use his body to prevent Luhan from getting wet.

 

Sehun! Why did you do that?! You're going to get sick!” exclaimed Luhan with brows furrowed.

 

Sehun chuckled. “It's going to take more than that to get me sick.” He grabbed the umbrella from Luhan's grasp and held it for the both of them as they crossed the street.

 

Luhan kept looking up at him. Sehun pretended not to notice. He kept his eyes focus on what's in front of him, trying very hard not to smirk.

 

When they got home, Suho was waiting by the door. He let out a sigh of relief upon sight of the two.

 

So that's where you went.”

 

Hmm?” Luhan looked at Suho, confused by what he meant. Sehun just quickly walked away, leaving the two hyungs behind.

 

Never mind,” Suho said with a smile.

 

After Sehun got himself dry, he hopped into bed, taking in the much needed warmth from the blankets.

 

Achoo! Sehun sneezed.

 

Achooo! Achoo!

 

Oh crap.

 

Luhan came in and asked, “Are you okay Sehun? Are you cold? Should I get more blankets?”

 

Sehun grunted. “I'm fine. I'm not a baby you know..” Did he hear me sneeze?

 

He his side, facing away from Luhan. 

 

Luhan crawled onto his side of the bed, getting under the covers. He kept glancing at the boy next to him – checking to see if he really was okay.

 

Sehun kept praying – don't sneeze...don't sneeze...whatever you do, don't sneeze!

 

Umm...Sehun-ah?”

 

Sehun-ah?

 

Luhan was affectionately calling him that again. Sehun felt his lips curve upward.

 

Yeah?”

 

I-I'm..sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't have yelled at you,” he said sadly.

 

For a few seconds, they laid there in silence. Sehun's back still towards Luhan.

 

No. I deserve it..I'm sorry for being late,” Sehun admitted.

 

Really really late,” Luhan teased.

 

Shut up,” Sehun countered. He felt Luhan's hand smacking his back gently.

 

Don't tell hyung to shut up.” Even if he couldn't see Luhan's face, Sehun could tell that the older boy said it with a smile.

 

Be quiet?” Sehun joked, causing both of them to laugh.

 

Sehun inadvertently smiled upon hearing the sound. Luhan's sweet gentle laugh was growing on Sehun. He doesn't know why, but he enjoys listening to it..

 

Minutes past and the two boys are comfortably laying on the bed. The atmosphere getting fuzzy and warm.

 

Sehun really wanted to ask Luhan what the meeting at the playground was all about, but he thought better of it. It was best not to ruin the mood. Luhan was on speaking terms with him again, and he was genuinely glad. The older boy had only ignored him for a day, but he felt like it had been weeks days.

 

Luhan finally yawned. “Good night Sehun-ah.”

 

For the first time since they've been roommates, Sehun answered back, “Night.......h-hyung.”

 

Honestly, using the word “hyung” to address Luhan was completely foreign to the maknae. He probably sounded like an idiot.

 

He looked over his shoulders to see if Luhan hyung had heard him - the boy was already fast asleep. His eyelids fluttered, and his breathing steady. For the third time today (it was a record), Sehun's lips curved upwards.

 

He smiled at the sight of the sleeping boy.

 

Achoo!

 

Sehun immediately covered his mouth, afraid he had awaken the older male, but Luhan didn't even stir. Sehun exhaled. He then turned his body around, so now he was facing Luhan.

 

Before falling asleep himself, the words “Luhan hyung” escaped his lips.

 

******

Sehun! Sehun-ah! Wake uppp,” Luhan ordered while shaking the said boy.

 

When did he become a deep sleeper? Luhan thought. Usually the alarm clock would have easily accomplish the task of waking the younger boy, but for some reason today, it failed.

 

The boy mumbled, “Five more minutes...”

 

Luhan shook his head. Why did he fall for him again?

 

Oh yeah...that's why. Sehun had just subconsciously his lips, and Luhan's stomach was currently doing backflips as a result.

 

Aish...he's going to be late to class if he doesn't get up.

 

Luhan flicked Sehun's forehead, the boy shot right up.

 

YAHHH!!” The spot on his forehead where Luhan had flicked him reddening.

 

Luhan giggled. “You're going to be late, so I had no choice.”

 

Sehun glared at the older boy. “Hyung, there are plenty of other ways to wake me up. Less painful ways,” he groaned.

 

H-hy-hyung???” Luhan asked, eyes wide. “D-did you j-just call me hyung?” the older boy stuttered, unable to believe his ears.

 

Yeah. Isn't that what you want me to call you? Unless you prefer Bambi?” Sehun raised an eyebrow mischievously.

 

Luhan's mind started to get foggy. Hyung...he finally called me hyung...

 

His eyes started drifting off somewhere when Sehun waved his hands in front of his face. “Hello? Are you there? Luhan hyung?”

 

There it is again!...Hyung...He called me hyung...

 

Sehun rolled his eyes at the dazed boy. He jumped off the bed and got ready for school.

 

Downstairs at the breakfast table, it was just the two of them. Sehun enjoying his bacon and cheese biscuit. Luhan sat across from him, in his usual seat, grinning.

 

Luhan didn't have to wake up this early (his first class starts much later), but he wanted to. He had felt bad about ignoring Sehun. After thinking about it all day yesterday, Luhan realized that it wasn't Sehun's fault that he was hopelessly falling in love with him. The younger boy had no idea that he was going to confess that day at the playground, so Luhan couldn't blame him for forgetting to show up..

 

Did it hurt? Yes. A LOT....but not seeing him hurts a lot more.

 

Luhan was extremely angry at the younger boy when he didn't show up. He wanted to leave, but a small part of him was curious as to whether the boy would show up at all, so he painstakingly waited....

 

And waited...

 

Every second adding to his misery. Every minute adding to his fear that the boy really didn't care about him at all. Every hour threatening to break him from within.

 

He took out a sparkler and stared at the wonderful sparks emitting from the stick. When he heard that voice calling from a distant, he felt relief mixed with overwhelming dejection.

 

The boy had wanted an explanation from him, but Luhan couldn't bring himself to say anything. He already felt vulnerable, telling the boy why he waited would only further expose him.

 

That night, he had gone to Baekyeol's room to seek some sort of comfort. He didn't have to tell them that Sehun was on the receiving end of his one-sided love, they had already figured that out. They told him that it was pretty obvious since he was especially caring towards his roommate. Luhan had asked them why Sehun couldn't see his true feelings if it was supposedly obvious. They didn't have an answer to that.

 

At breakfast, he avoided Sehun because he didn't know what to say. Just looking at the maknae made it hard for him. Thoughts of the maknae made it hard for him to even focus in class. Often he would check his phone to see if the younger boy had at least text him, but he didn't.

 

A nagging feeling lingered inside of him while he was at work. He was serving a customer at the counter when the man's phone rang. Apparently the person on the other end of the phone, who Luhan assumed was the man's lover, wanted a caramel latte, which the man happily ordered as soon as he hung up. The scene reminded him of the days when Sehun would get him to buy bubble tea. That was when he realized that the nagging feeling was actually longing. He missed the other boy.

 

So when Luhan spotted that teal hoodie in the rain, he made the choice to put his crush aside and just focus on being Sehun's hyung. Yes. He wanted to just be with the boy, even if he was just another hyung among 11.

 

As long as I can be by your side, Sehun-ah.

 

Luhan hyung!” Sehun exclaimed.

 

..Oh! Sehun. What is it?” Luhan asked, snapping back to the present.

 

I'm leaving. I'll see you at school.. Bye hyung.” Sehun waved as he left the kitchen.

 

Bye Sehun-ah!” Luhan called out cheerfully. 

 

The other boys came downstairs, surprised that Luhan was wide awake and had even made them breakfast.

 

Oh yeah Baekhyun, since you're working today, do you mind taking this umbrella with you? I found it yesterday in front of the cafe. The owner might come look for it so can you give it to the person?”

 

From the closet, Luhan brought out the umbrella with the music notes.

 

Hyung, that's Sehun's umbrella,” Baekhyun answered.

 

W-what?”Luhan sputtered.

 

He will certainly have to ask that boy about this. 

 

******

A week later, everything was back to normal. During lunch, Luhan would come find Sehun and they ate together. Sehun still didn't talk much (he just wasn't the talkative type), but he was slowly warming up to the older boy. The other hyungs have noticed. They commented many times about how Sehun doesn't look that cold and distant any more. They even thanked Luhan for being such an “angelic influence” on Sehun, earning an icy glare from the youngest. Luhan giggled and Sehun would soften his glare, just a little bit.

 

Saturday

Sehun was holding an old photo, staring at it tenderly. I'm finally 19 today, Mom. He put the photo back in his desk drawer and went downstairs where his hyungs were all waiting for him.

 

He knew they're throwing him a surprise party. His hyungs are so predictable. They tried acting like today wasn't special....

 

But his hyungs were horrible actors.

 

Sehun would catch them whispering to each other about balloons and party poppers. When he came in the room, they would hastily talk about something else. Way to be subtle guys. He even spotted presents hiding under the kitchen table.

 

As soon as he stepped in the kitchen that night, his hyungs popped the poppers and yelled, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEHUN!!”

 

Since his hyungs tried their best to act like they weren't planning anything, Sehun returned the favor and acted like he was surprised. 

 

Wow! Hyungs!!”

 

The hyungs all laughed, evidently pleased that they “surprised” the maknae.

 

Happy Birthday Sehun-ah!” Luhan came to the front, holding a cake covered in...strawberries. Of course....

 

Even with the strawberry cake, Sehun had to admit this was by far his best birthday. He was taking in the heartwarming sight of his hyungs all there happily celebrating his birthday with him when Luhan tapped him on the shoulder.

 

Sehun-ah you didn't eat your cake yet.”

 

I'll eat it later,” Sehun replied. More like never.

 

 

~~~~~~Fail hyungs = Cute hyungs ♥  Lol 

Originally I had more angst scenes planned out, but the fluff just wrote itself. Lulu loves Sehun too  much to stay mad :D

I gave Hunhan a break because they had enough sadness the last 2 chapters.... but suffering is still ahead (part of the plot guys, don't hate me)

Luhan's painful past will be revealed very soon! I haven't finalize WHEN exactly I want it to happen, but it's coming. Subscribe and comment. THANKS!!