The Plunge

I Couldn't Care Less

 

Ugh. Sand...everywhere..

 

Sehun winced at the feel of sand between his toes. Three seconds at the beach and he already wanted to leave. Who could possibly like the feel of sand sticking to their toes –

 

Sehun-ah!!! ISN'T THIS FANTASTIC!? Sand everywhere,” Luhan hollered from where he was, joyously kicking the sand around.

 

That's who. Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

Sunblock everyone! Sunblock!!” Kyungsoo ordered as he squeezed a large amount on Kai's bare arms. He then proceeded to do that to each of them, ignoring their complaints that he was putting too much.

 

Okay. Everybody in the water!” Kris ordered, arms on his hips. With a pair of sunglasses and a red whistle, he looked like a trained lifeguard (not to mention the “Lifeguard On Duty” t-shirt he was wearing).

 

YESSSS!!!” Chanyeol screamed as he ran towards the water, deciding to flop on his stomach as soon as the water was deep enough. “AAAHHH. Dang that hurts!”

 

Baekhyun, who was following him, started laughing at his boyfriend's poor decision making. “You're such a trip Yeollie.” He splashed Chanyeol, who instead of retaliating simply grinned.

 

Tao did a sort of wushu flip into the water, earning thunderous applause from the spectators. “That's how you enter the water in style,” he bragged to Chanyeol, who splashed him immediately afterwards.

 

Kyungsoo was being dragged into the water by Kai and Lay looked confused as to how he should go in. Finally he decided to make a sudden dash into the water. He tripped. Suho immediately got in to help him up.

 

Xiumin, carrying three large inflatable beach balls, threw them into the water as soon as he jumped in. Chen attempted a cartwheel. He ended up with water in his ears.

 

Kris, choosing to keep his shirt on, calmly walked towards the other boys, who were splashing each other at the moment. He gave them all a “I dare you to splash me” look. He smirked when no one did.

 

That is...until Luhan got in. He jumped on Kris unexpectedly, sending both of them face first in the water.

 

Everyone cheered at Kris getting wet. Sehun chuckled from his spot on dry land. He wasn't going into the water. No way.

 

Setting up the beach chair that Suho had brought along for when he got tired, Sehun took a seat and pulled out his iPod. Listening to music was definitely better than getting wet.

 

Even though he was listening to his favorite song, his eyes were glued to a certain person in the water wearing water wings, splashing around like a 5 year old. He smiled at the sight.

 

He's so childish –

 

Suho's face blocked his view of the cute water deer.

 

Don't you want to play in the water, Sehun?”

 

No. Hyung, can you move to the side, you're blocking my view.” Of Luhan...

 

Suho turned around and spotted the honey haired boy catching a beach ball and laughing.

 

Ah I see.” Suho moved to sit next to the maknae, who tried not to make it too obvious as to what (who) he was looking at.

 

You should just confess to him,” Suho remarked matter-of-factly.

 

W-what?! What do you mean?”

 

It's obvious Sehun. Just tell Luhan --”

 

Sehun opened his mouth in objection, but Suho shook his head.

 

You definitely like him a lot more than your other hyungs.” You got that right.

 

Just then Sehun flinched because Luhan tripped on something underwater, and fell down, fully submerging himself.

 

He then exhaled as Tao helped the older boy up.

 

See? Even when you're talking to me, your mind is over there where he is,” Suho pointed out.

 

Hyung, you are not in the position to talk. Have you told Lay hyung?” Sehun retorted.

 

Suho blinked repeatedly, cheeks reddening. “W-wha – what?”

 

I know you have feelings for Lay hyung.”

 

Suho stayed quiet as if he was considering something. He looked at Lay, laughing in the water. “What should we do then?”

 

Sehun shrugged. “I guess we should both take the plunge.”

 

Suho eyes widen, but then soften when he realized that Sehun said “we.”

 

So you're going to –?”

 

Yes.”

 

Suho smiled at him, apparently proud of the maknae. He gave Sehun a pat on the back and ran back to join the others, who were engaging in a swimming race. 

 

Sehun's eyes wandered back to Luhan, who was now dunking Chanyeol's head into the water.

 

Taking the plunge.

 

Sehun-ah!! Come here!!” Luhan beckon while flapping his arms. Ugh, why are you so darn cute?!

 

Sehun threw his iPod in his bag, got up and slowly walked towards the water. With the wet sand already creeping between his toes, Sehun looked at Luhan and shook his head. “No.”

 

He walked back to his beach chair. He sees Luhan pouting at him, but the boy went back to splashing the others.

 

Sehun may be in love with Luhan, but he wasn't about to get sand in his pants. Absolutely not.

 


The lodge that they had booked was surprisingly spacious. There wasn't a lot of furniture, but it felt homey nonetheless.

 

After spending a good ten minutes arguing over who gets the rooms and who gets the living room, it was decided that Tao, Kris, and Kai would sleep in the biggest room; Xiumin, Chen, and Kyungsoo got the medium-sized room; Lay and Suho (who fought hard to get a room alone with Lay) was left with the smallest room.

 

And so that means....

 

Baekyeol and Hunhan forever!!!” Chanyeol sang as he jumped on the living room couch, earning him a pillow in the face, courtesy of Sehun. 

 

Luhan giggled while Baekhyun shot Sehun a dirty look.

 

For dinner, they barbecued meat out in the patio. The gang cheered when Chanyeol brought out the soju. It was definitely a summer party. Everyone was laughing and having a good time, especially Suho.

 

Sehun sat down next to him with a cup of juice in his hands (Luhan was in charge of pouring drinks). “Why do you look like that?”

 

Snapping out of his dazed state, Suho smiled at the maknae. “I took the plunge.”

 

Sehun's eyesbrows arched. “You did? What happened?”

 

We were unpacking and he insisted that he'd take the floor since he knows my back isn't very good. Then I just blurted out all my feelings. And....” Suho stared at Lay, who was busy adding a large amount of seasoning to the meat (despite Kyungsoo's objection).

 

And?” Sehun asked, though he already knows the answer, judging from the way Suho was gazing dreamily at Lay.

 

And this is the best trip ever,” Suho concluded. He got up and made his way to Lay, grinning the entire way.

 

I'm happy for him, but that means I'll have to –

 

Luhan's laughter brings him back to his senses.

 

The older boy was laughing at Chanyeol, who was unsuccessfully trying to convince Luhan to pour him another cup of soju. Swaying and slurring his words, the taller boy was now begging the smaller boy to at least give him a sip. Luhan shook his head. He then proceeded to give Baekhyun a cup. Feeling someone tap him on the shoulders (it was Baekhyun), Luhan turned around, allowing Baekhyun to quickly switch his cup with Chanyeol. With their mission accomplished, the Baekyeol couple skipped away.

 

Sehun chuckled at how easy it was to trick Luhan. Oh Bambi.

 

Luhan lost their game of paper, scissors, rock, so he was stuck with clean up duty, and Sehun volunteered to help him (Baekyeol and Suho smirked when he did so).

 

The other members left to do some “stargazing,” but Sehun knows they're too drunk to even distinguish a star from a firefly. With just him and Luhan at the lodge, Sehun started to sweat nervously.

 

How should I tell him? A math question?

 

Could you be the other 1 so we could equal 2?

 

No. Luhan probably doesn't even like math.

 

With a joke?

 

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Olive.

Olive who?

Olive you.

 

NOOOO. Too cheesy. Come on Sehun think!!

 

Hey Sehun-ah, pass me the towel.” Luhan cut his train of thought.

 

Huh? Oh. Okay. Here.” He handed Luhan the towel, but not before their fingers brushed against each other. Sehun swore he could see tiny sparks shooting out as soon as they made contact. Luhan smiled.

 

I should just grab him and punish him for giving me so much stress.

 

Luhan went back to drying the dishes, humming an unfamiliar song. Gazing at Luhan, Sehun wasn't aware that he has been scrubbing the same plate the whole time.

 

I think it's clean, Sehun-ah,” Luhan teased as he took the plate away.

 

Huh? Yeah. Alright.”

 

We're done!” Luhan loudly exclaimed as he put away the last cup. “Let's go Sehun-ah.” He turned to leave the kitchen.

 

DO IT NOW!! NOW! NOW!

 

Snatching Luhan's wrist as if his life depended on it, Sehun turned Luhan around so that they faced each other. Luhan peered at him, face full of curiosity. Sehun gulped.

 

Do you want to..” Come on, don't make me finish that question.

 

Want to what?” Luhan gazed at him, expression suddenly amused. Aishhh!

 

Do you want to...go out with me?” Sehun asked, voice embarrassingly shaky.

 

Where to?” Luhan asked.

 

W-what!?!?!”

 

You're asking me to go out with you..I'm asking where do you want to go..?”

 

That's NOT what I meant!!” You clueless piece of perfection!

 

Then what do you mean?” Luhan arched his brow.

 

“You know EXACTLY what I mean!”

 

I do?”

 

DO YOU WANT TO GO OUT WITH ME OR NOT!?” Sehun shouted, his patience running low.

 

YES! BUT WHERE TO??” Luhan shouted back, eyes smiling.

 

ARE YOU THAT DENSE? I WANT YOU TO BE MY OTHER HALF! TO COMPLETE ME
DAMMIT!”

 

I did it. I-I confessed. Now all that's left is his --

 

Luhan burst into uncontrollable laughter.

 

Ooohhhh that's what you meant? You want me to be your boyfriend?” He grinned at Sehun.

 

Sehun growled at him, thinking maybe he doesn't want Luhan to complete him, if the boy didn't even know what he meant..

 

Yes,” he answered, teeth clenched.

 

Luhan took two steps forward, so now he was unbearably close to Sehun. The older boy looked at him, eyes twinkling. “Why?”

 

W-what?”

 

Why are you asking me out?”

 

WHY AM I ASKING YOU OUT!? BE-BECAUSE I L-LIKE YOU!”

 

Luhan stood on his tippy toes and gave Sehun a kiss full on the mouth. A move he wasn't expecting at all. Sehun took a step back, surprised by the older boy's bold move. He stared at Luhan, flabbergasted.

 

Sehun, with his mouth wide open, became too absorbed in seeing fireworks dance around Luhan that he didn't realize Luhan had taken ahold of his hand.

 

Took you long enough.” Luhan smirked -- eyes incredibly happy.

 

Took me long enough?

 

Wait...you knew how I felt about you!?!” Sehun asked, snapping out of his delusional state.

 

A little bird told me – two birds actually.”

 

Baekhyun hyung, Chanyeol hyung, you two are so dead.

 

Recognizing the death glare that was slowly creeping on Sehun's face, Luhan squeezed his hand. Sehun looked down.

 

W-we're holding hands.... WE'RE HOLDING HANDS!!

 

Luhan giggled at the way Sehun's face lit up. “Can we go stargazing now?”

 

Hm? Yeah. Whatever.” Whatever you want.

 

As they walked out of the lodge and towards the beach, hand in hand, Sehun stopped in his tracks when he realized he had missed something.

 

Wait.....does this mean you...LIKE ME AS WELL!??!?!!?”

 

Luhan laughed.

 

Answer me!”

 

Luhan stopped and gave him a serious look.

 

~ Ba bum Ba bum Ba bum Ba bum ~

 

A pair of soft plump lips is pressed against his own. Jolts of electricity ran through his body - his heart on overdrive. Sehun wondered if this is going to happen every time he kisses Luhan.

 

Honestly, he can get use to this.

 

Does that answer your question?” Luhan asked, once he separated their lips. Sehun mentally whimpered at the lost of contact.

 

Yes.

 

No.” Sehun joked, hoping that Luhan would “answer” him again.

 

Luhan lets go of his hand. “Hmph. Too bad.” He walked away from Sehun.

 

YAHH!”

 

 

~~~~~~ FLUFFFFF PARTYYYYYYY!!! 

 

I think these gifs basically sums it up. Sehun FINALLY confesses and they kiss some more :D Party hard everyone! Look forward to the other boys' reaction to Hunhan and how they'll interact as a couple ^_^ Will everything go smoothly? 

Subscribe and comment. Thanks!!