The Event

I Couldn't Care Less

Sehunnieee I'm coldd,” Luhan whined when Sehun had placed him on the bed.

What are you talking about? It's warm in here,” Sehun replied as he started taking off Luhan's shoes and socks.

 

Luhan shook his head like a child. “Nu uh. It's not as warm as you.”

 

Sehun arched his brow. “What do you want me to do?”

 

Luhan stretched his arms wide and beckoned Sehun with his hands. “You're too far away. Sehunnieee come hereee. I want your warmth.”

 

Sehun blushed at how bold embarrassing Luhan was acting. It should be illegal for people like him to drink.

 

Shuffling over to lie next to Luhan, Sehun looked at him. “Is this close enough?”

 

We can get closer.” Luhan shifted closer to Sehun, so close Sehun could feel Luhan's hair poking his forehead.

 

Doing his best to resist the sudden urge to attack his boyfriend's lips, Sehun pressed a firm index finger against Luhan's forehead, preventing him from getting any closer. “You need to sleep.”

 

Luhan pouted. “Sehunniee you're no funnn.”

 

I know. Now will you please go to sleep? I'm going to ask Kyungsoo hyung to make you hangover soup tomorrow morning. Stay here.” Sehun got up and left his room to head towards Kyungsoo and Kai's room.

 

Hey Kyungsoo hyung, can you make hangover soup for Luhan hyung?”

 

Kyungsoo, who was sitting at his desk, turned around. “Luhan hyung went drinking?”

 

Sehun nodded. Kai made a small noise from his bed. “What?”

 

Try not to take advantage of your drunk boyfriend,” Kai said with a wide grin, adding a wink to annoy Sehun even more.

 

Shut up.”

 

Okay okay. Sehun don't pay attention to Kai and yes I'll have hangover soup ready for Luhan hyung when he wakes up.”

 

Thanks.” Giving Kai one last disapproving look, Sehun walked out the room. Entering his own, he sees Luhan lying abnormally on the bed. He was on his stomach with one leg dangling off the side of the bed. He's already asleep?

 

After placing Luhan's leg back up on the bed, Sehun went to his side of the bed and quietly got on, careful not to wake the sleeping deer.

 

Creak

 

Sehunnie?” Luhan murmured, eyes still closed. CRAP.

 

Yeah?” Sehun whispered.

 

Sehunnie, I – I...”

 

I know. I know. You love me. Got it. Just go back to sleep,” Sehun interrupted with a smile, thinking that even when drunk, Luhan still wanted to tell him those sweet words before he falls asleep.

 

No...I – I need to use the restroom,” Luhan muttered as he opened his eyes.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes and flipped back the covers. “Go ahead.” Luhan jumped out of bed and sloppily made his way to the bathroom. I hope he doesn't fall in the toilet or something..

 

Five minutes later....

 

What is taking him so long?!?!!?!? Worried that his boyfriend may actually be struggling in the bathroom, Sehun swung his legs off the bed, ready to go when Chanyeol suddenly appeared in his doorway.

 

Uh Sehun. We have a little problem – a Luhan problem.”

 

Sehun followed Chanyeol to his room. “There.” The taller boy pointed and Sehun groaned when he spotted the figure.

 

Luhan was sleeping on Chanyeol and Baekhyun's bed, even snoring a little. Baekhyun was lying next to him, eyes fixated on the drunk Luhan.

 

He is the cutest drunk person I've ever seen,” Baekhyun proclaimed, smiling at the older boy who just made a small hic sound.

 

Hey! I thought I was.” Chanyeol glared at Baekhyun.

 

You're the craziest drunk,” Baekhyun corrected, still fawning over Luhan.

 

Well I just get him and go,” Sehun interjected when he went over to carry Luhan back to their room. He wasn't in the mood to stand there and watch his hyungs argue over who was the cuter drunk person. “Night hyung.”

 

I'm officially banning you from ever drinking again,” Sehun hissed as he dropped Luhan on their bed, not caring whether he was gentle or not. Carrying Luhan twice in one day was really putting a strain on his arms and his back.

 

He plopped down on the bed and closed his eyes. Finally...some rest.

 

Hic.

 

Against his better judgment, Sehun turned to look at the person who made the noise. He needs a haircut. Sehun noted as he lightly brush the bangs that were covering Luhan's eyes. Sehun couldn't help but smile when Luhan started to snore a bit.

 

Everything about Luhan drove him absolutely crazy – even his snoring.

 

******

Ngghhhh ughhhhhhh.” Luhan groaned as he sat up, hands clutching his pounding head. What happened last night??

 

You drank,” a voice next to him replied. Sehun.

 

He wanted to sarcastically tell the boy, “Thanks, but I think I got that part down,” but he could barely move his mouth. Everything was spinning and he wanted to vomit.

 

Do you need me to help you to the bathroom?” Sehun asked. When his eyes finally came into focus, Luhan took a look at the boy next to him. Sehun was standing, already dressed, extending a hand in his direction.

 

No. I'm still mad at you,” Luhan answered, though his voice sounded extremely groggy. I may not remember what happened after that bottle of soju, but I sure as hell remember your little date.

 

He pulled back the covers and stood up, at least he tried until his weak knees sent him crumbling to the floor instead.

 

Sehun snorts. “That was a graceful fall.” He grabbed Luhan's arms and took the older boy by surprise when he, instead of helping him up, carried him instead.

 

YAHHHH!! PUT ME DOWN,” Luhan protested.

 

I'm just trying to save you some time. Stop wiggling!”

 

HMPH!” Luhan gave up, knowing full well that Sehun was a lot stronger and not to mention, the other boy didn't have a massive hangover to deal with.

 

You can leave now.” Luhan pointed at the door when Sehun had not yet left after getting him to the restroom.

 

No. I'm going to stay.”

 

And do what!?”

 

To make sure you don't fall and break a hip.” Sehun looked him dead in the eye, his face serious.

 

Fine! But turn around.” I don't want you to see me pee.

 

Sehun obediently did so. When Luhan was done with his business, Sehun grabbed his toothbrush and squirted a generous amount of toothpaste on it before handing it to Luhan.

 

For your soju breath,” Sehun said when Luhan looked at him funny.

 

Shut up. It was your fault I was drinking in the first place,” Luhan mumbled as he started brushing.

 

Sehun sighed. “I know. I'm sorry.”

 

Luhan looked at him, mouth opened, ready to say something when Sehun shushed him.

 

Just brush and listen to what I have to say.”

 

A bit surprised that his boyfriend was ordering him around, Luhan narrowed his eyes at Sehun, but continued to brush his teeth.

 

What happened yesterday was sort of a misunderstanding. I did not go to the cafe to meet with the club president – I went to see you..”

 

Luhan spat into the sink and gargled some water. When he was done washing his face, he turned to face Sehun. “Then how do you explain you sitting and chatting with her?”

 

It honestly wasn't a date or anything. She saw me and came over. We were discussing the new music center that opened near campus.”

 

Luhan raised his brow. “What about the two mocha frappuccino?”

 

One was for Lay hyung. If you weren't too busy sending me death glares, you would notice that she had her own cup of iced tea.”

 

Really?”

 

Yes.”

 

Well don't I feel like a bad boyfriend.. “I guess I kind of overreacted...”

 

Sehun laughed. “Yeah kind of. I admit it's partially my fault. You see...I – I was trying to make you jealous.”

 

Luhan widen his eyes. “Jealous!?!”

 

Sehun rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeahh..since you weren't giving me any attention. And I wanted to show you how I felt whenever other people were hitting on you. But that backfired when you got mad – mad enough to drink alcohol.”

 

It sure did. Take that as a lesson! Also, for your information, I wasn't jealous.”

 

Righttt and Chanyeol hyung isn't an overly happy giant.”

 

Luhan laughed, causing Sehun to smile.

 

I'm sorry about what happened,” Sehun continued. 

 

The older boy shook his head. “No, I'm sorry for ignoring you.”

 

Why did you ignore me?”

 

Luhan put his hands on his hips. “Isn't it obvious?”

 

No?”

 

If I didn't ignore you, I would be completely distracted from my work. You don't know how difficult it was to have you in the same room and not be allowed to kiss you. I guess I didn't know it was going to be that hard when I texted you to come visit me. Honestly, I just wanted to see you, but finally seeing you only made it harder.” Luhan admitted, his cheeks slightly warming up. He didn't want to look Sehun in the eye. It was just too embarrassing.

 

Sehun cupped his face and leaned in. “You're allowed to kiss me now,” he said seductively.

 

Aish, not in the bathroom.” Luhan playfully hit Sehun's chest.

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

Other people have to use the restroom too you know,” Kai shouted from the other side of the door. Sehun rolled his eyes and Luhan giggled. Kai bolted in as soon as they opened the door. “Morning to you too, Kai.”

 

When they got downstairs, Kyungsoo presented Luhan with hangover soup. While slurping his soup, Luhan asked Sehun what happened when he was drunk and the boy happily recounted every detail. Every embarrassing detail....

 

Besides making Sehun piggyback him home, he also accidentally slept in Baekyeol's room on his way back from the restroom. Sehun mentioned that he said many cheesy things last night, but Luhan decided that it was better not to elaborate. He was just glad that he said such things to Sehun and not anybody else.

 

Did I mention that I've officially ban you from drinking ever again?”

 

You don't have to tell me, I'm banning myself.” Never again.

 

Luhan groaned when the Baekyeol couple winked at him when they walked in. Sehun chuckled and caressed his cheeks comfortingly.

 

I won't visit you at work anymore.”

 

He gave Sehun a small smile to say thanks.

 

But I will pick you up whenever you're done. That Joon guy looked a bit too friendly in my opinion.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. Oh Sehun...

 

******

In just two days, it'll be one month since you asked Luhan hyung out correct?” Suho asked when he sat down next to the maknae, who was playing a video game on the couch.

 

He stopped playing and gave Suho a confused look. “Yeahh..What about it?”

 

Sehun, it's your 1 month anniversary! It's been a whole month since you two started dating, shouldn't you celebrate it?”

 

Should I?”

 

Well Lay and I are celebrating ours.” Suho shrugged.

 

What are you two going to do?”

 

Romantic dinner,” Suho replied, face glowing at the mere thought.

 

That's it?”

 

And other things,” Suho said meekly. Oh lord...

 

So you think I should do something...what though?”

 

That is for you to figure out. How do you picture celebrating the fact that you've been together for this long?”

 

A month isn't that long.” Sehun pointed out.

 

Does Luhan feel the same way?” Lay asked when he came in and sat down next to Suho. They started smiling at each other, hands finding their way to the other's lap. Sehun felt a bit out of place, suddenly wishing his other half was there (Luhan was at work).

 

I don't know...do you think he's going to do something?”

 

Knowing Luhan hyung, I bet he will. Doesn't he leave you little 'I love you' notes everywhere?” Lay asked.

 

Sehun slumped on the couch. Lay was right. Luhan really was the type of boyfriend who would make a big deal out of anniversaries, even 1 month ones.

 

I really don't know what to do. I've never celebrated anniversaries before. What do you suggest I do?”

 

Surprise him.”

 

Yeah, do something that will blow him away.”

 

But I have no idea how to do that!” Sehun started flailing his arms in frustration.

 

Don't stress over it. You have two days to think of something...”

 

Thanks hyung. I have exactly 48 hours to figure out how to surprise my boyfriend of one month, who happens to be the most lovey-dovey person I've ever met. No biggie,” Sehun said sarcastically.

 

How about a 'Happy Anniversary' cake?” Lay suggested.

 

Sehun shudder at the thought of baking again. Never.

 

He shook his head. “Most of the money I spend on Luhan hyung is on cakes and sweets. I need to do something else.” Besides I'm sure he'll surprise me with a cake himself.

 

Giving up, Suho and Lay told him that he'll figure something out, but Sehun wasn't too sure. How was he supposed to surprise the older boy if he is always with him? Luhan isn't working that day, so that means he'll be by Sehun's side the whole time. And he'll get suspicious if I leave to go do something.. Ughhhh

 

I'm screwed.

******

 

Luhan hyung!!” Baekyeol cheerfully greeted as they entered his room. Luhan was sitting at his desk, flipping through a catalog.

 

What are you doing?” Chanyeol asked as he peered over Luhan's shoulder.

 

I'm planning our 1 month anniversary. It's in two days! I'm really excited!!!”

 

Baekhyun read the words on the page. “Anniversary balloons, anniversary cakes, anniversary fireworks, anniversary gift ideas, blah blah blah.”

 

Hyung, I don't think you should worry your little head over this,” Chanyeol proclaimed, sitting on Sehun's desk.

 

Luhan looked at him. “Why not?”

 

Because Sehun isn't that type of boyfriend,” Baekhyun responded.

 

What do you mean?”

 

We mean he's not into that sort of stuff. I doubt he even remembers.” Ouch.

 

But I still want to celebrate the fact that we've been together for a month,” Luhan said, voice unable to mask his hurt.

 

We understand, but maybe you should keep it simple or else you'll be disappointed.”

 

I won't be disappointed.”

 

That's what you say now, but after throwing him a fancy surprise and getting nothing but an 'Oh thanks' in return, you'll feel let down. It's inevitable.”

 

What should I do then?”

 

A card. Can't go wrong with that,” Chanyeol advised. From the corner of his eye, Luhan could see Baekhyun rolling his eyes.

 

Just a card?”

 

Yup. It's the thought that counts.”

 

Okayy...I guess.”

 

Two days later...

 

Hey Sehun-ah, I'm going to the store for a bit. I have to uh buy something,” Luhan said as he grabbed his wallet.

 

The younger boy turned his chair around, his face clearly surprised. “How long will you be there?”

 

Uhhhh a while?”

 

Cool.” Sehun smiled. Why is he smiling?

 

After pecking his boyfriend on the cheek, Luhan left, mind preoccupied with disturbing thoughts.

 

When they woke up that morning, a small part (okay a large part) of Luhan was hoping that Sehun would surprise him with breakfast or something, but the boy didn't do anything. He didn't even say “Happy Anniversary.”

 

Baekhyun was right, he doesn't remember... Luhan sighed as he got to the card section in the store. Browsing through the card selection for over 30 minutes, Luhan was starting to second guess his decision.

 

Am I really getting him a card? Isn't that too simple? There isn't anything I like....

 

Giving up on the card idea, Luhan walked to the bakery across the street. I should get him a cake. If I'm going to be disappointed, might as well have some cake.

 

It was nightfall by the time he got back to the house. He bumped into Suho and Lay, who were on their way out.

 

Where you two going?” Luhan asked.

 

Dinner,” Lay replied, as he helped Suho into his jacket.

 

To celebrate our 1 month anniversary,” Suho added. Oh yeahhhh they started dating the same day we did.

 

Have fun.” Luhan waved at the grinning pair. He was definitely a little jealous that they were going out to celebrate it. At least they remember...

 

Carrying his red cake box, Luhan made his way upstairs, where Sehun was probably still playing his keyboard. Opening the door, he gasped.

 

All over the floor were colorful heart shaped sticky notes (his own sticky notes). The notes were strategically placed, making a large arrow pointing towards the window. Luhan could feel his heart beating rapidly. What is this..??

 

Looking out the window, Luhan gasped for the second time. His eyes widen, not really believing what he was seeing. Sehun-ah...

 

Outside in the yard, Sehun had set up candles spelling the words “I ♥ U” on the grass.

 

All sort of emotions were flooding his whole body – surprise, relief, happiness, affection, love. However, the only thing going through his head was – HE REMEMBERS! HE REMEMBERS!

 

On the lawn, Sehun looked up at him, holding a huge poster that reads “OPEN THE WINDOW.”

 

Luhan did as instructed. And as soon as he did, Sehun hurried over to a small table he had set up and pressed a button on a big stereo. Music started playing – it was Super Junior's “All My Heart”            A/N: English sub video of the song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvnPdNAmqPI 

 

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SEHUNNNN!!! Luhan was squealing inside. He was totally taken aback by the fact that his boyfriend, Oh Sehun, was surprising him on their anniversary! I'm dreaming..right??

 

From his spot outside, Sehun started lip syncing to the song. At that very moment, Luhan wanted to jump out the window and hug him immediately, but decided that it was best not to break any bones on his anniversary. Just watching Sehun mouthed the lyrics to one of his favorite songs, Luhan started biting his lip to keep himself from crying.

 

When the song ended, Sehun flipped the poster that he was holding, revealing the words “HAPPY 1 MONTH ANNIVERSARY BAMBI :)” on the back.

 

That's it. I can't take this anymore! Luhan ran out of the room, down the staircase, and out the back door.

 

Tears already making their way down his face.

 

 

~~~~~~ AWWWWWWWWWWWW. Sehunnie surprising Lulu. Heheeh. I spoil my readers with fluff :P Do take a listen to the song, I personally really like it. It's romantic ♥ Perfect for their relationship. I like how they both took advice from the other couples in the house, though Baekyeol was depressing Luhan a bit. Lol. It all worked out in the end. 

Since I'm starting school tomorrow, I won't be able to update as often, but I will try to get it done whenever I'm free (weekends especially). I hope you enjoyed it. 

Thanks! Comment :)