The Mission

I Couldn't Care Less

 

 “Where are you taking me?!??” Luhan shrieked as the band of boys carried him through the back door. Sehun had his mouth open, eyes wide. They had his boyfriend blindfolded and -

 

YOU HANDCUFFED HIM?!?!” He shouted in horror.

 

Sehun glared at his hyungs, who merely ignored him and placed Luhan on the ground.

 

Sehun?” Luhan whipped his head around, trying to find Sehun, though he was still blindfolded.

 

You said we can do whatever we want,” Baekhyun retorted.

 

That doesn't mean you can blindfold and handcuff my boyfriend,” Sehun hissed.

 

We wouldn't have to if he wasn't so feisty! Luhan hyung may be small but he can pack a punch. Ask Chen.” Chanyeol pointed towards the said boy, who was rubbing his arm and glowering at Luhan.

 

Why do you even have handcuffs? Never mind don't answer that!” Sehun rubbed his temple, a headache quickly forming. This can't be real..

 

Mission accomplished?” Tao looked around at the other boys, hoping for some confirmation. Kai grinned and nodded. Sehun growled at them.

 

Hey, I'm just a spectator,” Kris said before he walked back in the house.

 

Hello??? I'm still here!” Luhan reminded everyone, thrashing his legs around.

 

Sehun groaned. I shouldn't have listened to them. He bent down and untied the blindfold, hands a little shaky because he wasn't sure if Luhan was going to lash out on him for being put in this awful position.

 

When he got the blindfold off, he gulped. Luhan blinked a couple of times at him, but then turned his attention towards the other boys. “Can you uncuff me now?”

 

Xiumin pushed a hesitant Chanyeol forward. “P-promise you won't attack us,” the taller boy stuttered.

 

Chanyeol.” Luhan's voice unusually stern. “Now.”

 

Chanyeol pulled out a tiny key from his pocket and started unlocking the cuffs that bound Luhan. As soon as the cuffs landed on the ground, all of the boys made a run for it. I'm going to kill them.

 

Can't believe you would have them do that just to get me alone.” Luhan's voice brought his attention back to the situation. The older boy dusted himself off as he stood up.

 

Sehun looked at his boyfriend who, aside from looking a little roughed up, seems to be fine.

 

That wasn't the original plan...” Sehun rubbed the back of his neck.

 

It better not be.” Luhan crossed his arms, eyes boring into Sehun's. “Well?”

 

Sehun fidgeted. He was so occupied with trying to get Luhan alone, he didn't think about what he would say once they were alone.

 

I'm sorry about what happened.”

 

Luhan started rubbing his wrist. “Yeah. The handcuffs were excruciatingly tight. Baekhyun's wrists are really small.”

 

W-what? No, not that. I'm sorry about yesterday.”

 

Luhan doesn't answer, instead he stared at him – making Sehun more nervous than he already was.

 

I'm sorry about walking out while you were talking. I – I just needed to get out, but that isn't an excuse.”

 

I don't understand why you won't talk to me about it....” Luhan bit his bottom lip, his eyes growing moist.

 

Sehun gulped. “I....I...” Deep breath Sehun. You can do this!

 

You....?”

 

I found my dad.”

 

Luhan's eyes widen, his mouth hanging open. “What?? You found him!?”

 

Sehun nodded. “Yeah.”

 

Luhan suddenly latched himself on Sehun, arms wrapping around Sehun's neck, taking the younger one by surprise. “Oh my gosh!! Sehun-ah! You found your dad!!” He blinked when he noticed the uncomfortable look in Sehun's eyes. “Isn't that good?”

 

Sehun shook his head and placed Luhan back down on the ground. Luhan grabbed his hand and Sehun could practically feel the slight panic in his movements. He intertwined their fingers to let Luhan know that he wasn't going to run away this time.

 

I know you don't exactly have a relationship with him since he left you and your mom, but aren't you glad to have at least found him?”

 

Sehun sighed sadly. “I think it would have been better if I didn't find him...”

 

W-why?”

 

Because....because he's a bad guy..”

 

So this is what you've been keeping from me? The reason why you distanced yourself from me?”

 

I'm sorry.”

 

Luhan does something he didn't expect him to – he hugged him.

 

You're so stupid Sehun-ah.” The older boy nuzzled his neck, leaving Sehun speechless. “A stupid jerk.”

 

W-what?”

 

You got me all worried for nothing. I-I thought I was losing you and that...you didn't love me anymore.” Luhan's voice falter at the last part.

 

Sehun brought Luhan's body closer to his, hugging him tighter. “You're the stupid one for thinking that.”

 

Well, what else was I supposed to assume? You refused to talk to me about it.”

 

That's not the whole story..” Sehun pulled away from the hug, to get a proper look at his boyfriend.

 

There's more?”

 

He's also your..your stepfather.” There I said it.

 

He looked at Luhan, heart racing. The older boy doesn't say anything. Say something. Anything.

 

M-my stepfather?”

 

Yes.”

 

Luhan furrowed his brows. “Are you sure?”

 

Yes.”

 

But it can't be.”

 

....W-what? What do you mean?”

 

How do you know for sure that he is your father?”

 

He looks like the man in one of the photos my mother had. No, he is the man in the photo.”

 

Luhan bit his lip. “It's not possible..”

 

Why not?”

 

My stepfather doesn't have a son. He doesn't have any children.”

 

He could have lied. He doesn't exactly have the best character.” Sehun's voice came off bitter.

 

Yeah, but I don't think he would. It doesn't add up. He was in China, starting his business, when you were born.”

 

What?”

 

Maybe it's not him – just someone who looks like him.”

 

What if it is him?”

 

If he is in fact your father, then I guess you two should sit down and have a talk.”

 

Sehun raised his brow. His boyfriend was taking the news better than he had expected. Had he been worried for nothing? Maybe Suho was right, he over-thinks things.

 

You don't hate it?”

 

Hate what?”

 

The fact that I'm the son of the man who tainted your childhood.”

 

Is that what you think?”

 

Yeahh...”

 

Luhan hits him in the chest. “You're incredibly stupid you know that?”

 

But -”

 

Sehun-ah, it's not your fault.” Luhan gave him a small smile before wrapping his arms around Sehun's waist. “You're not responsible for what he did in the past. If you are his son, I wouldn't look at you any different from how I look at you now.”

 

But -”

 

Sehun-ah, I love you. Nothing is going to change that.” Luhan stood on his toes, leaning in to press his lips against Sehun's. “Nothing.”

 

Sehun stood there, spluttering incoherently for a few minutes. His boyfriend's reaction taking him off guard.

 

I'm a fool aren't I?”

 

Luhan grinned. “The biggest.”

 

They both laughed and shared a few kisses before Sehun cupped Luhan's face, bringing it closer to his own. “I can't believe this. I'm....I- thanks.”

 

Luhan giggled. “What were you so worried about?”

 

I thought that you were going to push me away once you find out who my father was.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. “Well, you thought wrong.”

 

I thought that you would be mad since I kept it from you.”

 

That reminds me -” Luhan flicked his forehead ("Oww!") “-you are not allowed to keep secrets from me ever again.”

 

Sehun chuckled. “Got it.”

 

From now on, if something is bothering you, you have to tell me or else you're going to get it.”

 

Yes sir!” Sehun gave Luhan a mini salute before cupping his face and pressing their lips together.

 

And they stay like that for quite some time – until Luhan pulled away for some needed air.

 

You must have been a fish in your previous life because you can go a really long time without air,” Luhan joked.

 

No, it's because you're my air.”

 

Sehun smirked when he sees his boyfriend's cheeks flushed. It was darn adorable.

 

Luhan covered his flustered face, mumbling, “You're so ridiculously cheesy, I don't know what to do with you.”

 

Whatever. You love it when I say those cheesy things.”

 

Lies.”

 

Are you sure? Your red ears are telling me otherwise.” Sehun proceeded to nibble on Luhan's earlobe, ignoring the smaller boy's squeals.

 

S-Sehun-ah. Sehun-ahhh! Ah!” Luhan gasped. “You bit me!”

 

Can't help it if you're so darn mouthwatering.”

 

I am not food!” Luhan tried pushing Sehun off of him. Thankfully, he was unsuccessful.

 

Yumm,” Sehun teased as he continued to drive Luhan insane.

 

Aishhh! C-can we at least do this inside? I feel like we're being watched.”

 

That's because we are.”

 

What?!”

 

Sehun pointed at the group of boys, who had their faces pressed against the kitchen window. Luhan looked absolutely mortified when he spotted a few of them giving him a thumbs up. Chanyeol was clapping like a crazy person and Baekhyun was dangling his handcuffs in a playful manner.

 

Sehun shook his head. “The hyungs are always creeping.”

 

Ughh Sehunnnn.” Luhan grabbed Sehun's hand and led him back into the house, walking past the others as they all started whistling and hollering, “That a boy maknae!”

 

Sehun was grinning the entire time.

 

Do you want to meet him?” Luhan had asked later that night when they were in bed.

 

Honestly, I'm not sure.”

 

Come on, Sehun-ah, you know you want to ask him questions.”

 

I don't think knowing the answers to those questions would make what he did any less terrible.”

 

But at least you won't be wondering your whole life why he did what he did.”

 

Sehun sighed and lies on his back to stare at the ceiling. He knew Luhan was right. He had to know why.

 

He's coming to Seoul tomorrow...”

 

What?” Sehun turned to find Luhan staring at him.

 

The person who called me that morning was him. He wanted to meet up with me so he told me to call whenever I decide to see him. And since I think you should really sit down and talk to him, I'm going to give him a call tomorrow.”

 

That's why you were looking at your phone the whole day?” Sehun feels like a complete idiot.

 

Yeah. It wasn't my ex.

 

I didn't mean that – I was just -”

 

Angry,” Luhan completed before scooting closer to snuggle him, which left him quiet for a few minutes.

 

Sehun-ah?”

 

Hmm?”

 

You're lucky I'm not making you sleep in the sleeping bag.”

 

Wha-”

 

Getting drunk and coming to bed smelling like alcohol would usually land you two days in the bag, but since I'm totally infatuated with you, I'll let it slide.”

 

Was the smell that strong?”

 

Yes. I knew you were there as soon as you came in.”

 

Wait...so you were pretending to be asleep!?”

 

When you were creeping on me? Yes. I was aware of that.” Luhan chuckled into his chest. “You're not exactly the most subtle drunk person.”

 

What do you mean?”

 

After getting in bed, you kept mumbling my name and saying sorry. You even started feeling me up.”

 

Sehun released a strange garbled noise. “I – I didn't – Oh god.”

 

Luhan laughed. “It's fine. I sort of liked it.” He pinched Sehun's cheek. “You kept while you were touching me.”

 

I did not!”

 

Ahh Luuuuu. Luuuu. I missed you so much..Luuuu. You're so cute..Bambi..My y Bambi -”

 

GAHHH SHUT UUPPP.”

 

Luhan buried his face in Sehun's chest and started laughing. Sehun prayed that Luhan was just joking because that would be extremely embarrassing if it was true. His boyfriend DID NOT need to know the type of dreams he has of him.

 

The following day, after calling Luhan's stepfather to meet them a quiet cafe, the couple sat next to each other, waiting.

 

It's going to be fine,” Luhan assured him.

 

Yeah, I know.” Sehun squeezed his hand causing Luhan to smile.

 

Luhan.” The man walked up to their table and they stood up. “Oh you brought Sehun-shi.”

 

Sehun bowed to the man.

 

Sit. Sit. Should I order us something?”

 

After the drinks have arrived, the man looked at them curiously. “I'm really glad you decided to meet with me, Luhan.”

 

Yes, well, there's also another reason why I called you here.”

 

Oh?”

 

Luhan nudged Sehun. With his hand slightly shaking, Sehun pulled out a crinkly old black and white photo and placed it on the table.

 

Is this you?” He asked the man sitting across from him.

 

The man looked at the photo and upon recognition, he nodded. Sehun's breath hitch and he could feel Luhan stiffen from beside him.

 

Yes this was my old college photo. Where did you get it?”

 

My mother had it.” Sehun's voice a little shaky because he was right – this man is his father.

 

Your mother?” The man raised an eyebrow, gazing intently at Sehun.

 

Se Hyuna.”

 

The man's eyes widen. “S-Se Hyuna?”

 

Sehun nodded. It was all too real.

 

You're her s-son?”

 

Yes.” Luhan gave his hand a gentle squeeze, choosing to remain silent – simply observing.

 

I can't believe this...” The man started staring at the cup in front of him, looking dazed. “All these years...”

 

Before he could stop himself, Sehun blurted out, “W-why did you leave us?”

 

The man looked up, confusion written all over his face. “What?”

 

Why did you leave?” Sehun repeated, feeling more confident this time. Ever since he could remember, he had wanted to ask his father that question. He told himself that if he were to meet him, the only thing he would want to know is why. Why? Nothing else matters. He simply wanted an explanation as to why....

 

I don't quite follow..”

 

My mother was all alone when you left. She had to raise me on her own for a few years before her brother and his wife came into the picture.”

 

Leave?” It looked like the man did not quite understand the words coming out of his mouth.

 

Sehun took a deep breath. “As your son, I think I should know why you left 18 years ago.”

 

The man's eyes got wider. “M-my s-son? My son??”

 

Sehun narrowed his eyes at the man, irritated that the man was acting like he had no idea. “Yes. Your son,” he said through gritted teeth. Luhan, sensing Sehun's irritation, started rubbing his palm.

 

Sehun-shi, I don't know who told you that, but I don't have a son. My first wife is Luhan's mother.”

 

What? But you're the man in the photo!”

 

Yes. That is a photo of me, but I'm not your father.”

 

Sehun felt the earth tilt. This was not happening....

 

After 19 years, he finally finds his father, but the man in front of him was telling him otherwise.

 

Sehun looks down, eyes fixed on the table.

 

Was the man lying?

 

Was he wrong?

 

Had he not found his father?

 

Was he ever going to find him? 

 

 

~~~~~~ GASPPPPP. NOT HIS FATHER!?!?!?! Lol. I feel like I trolled you guys :P 

Hope you liked the chapter. Hunhan fluff!! And LOL THE HANDCUFFS!! The hyungs >< They would do anything for their maknae! Subscribe and comment. Thanks guys!!