The Love

I Couldn't Care Less

Can you give me a minute?”

Sure Sehun-ah. Take your time.” Luhan gently squeezed his shoulders. He stepped back and Sehun stepped forward, towards the gravestone.

 

Sehun tighten his grip on the bouquet of flowers he held in his hands – the current situation feeling so surreal.

 

He had found about his father's death a week ago, and now he is standing in front of his grave. A lump lodging itself in his throat when he reads the engraving on the stone.

 

OH JI HUN (1971-2008)

 

Oh Ji Hun, a man Sehun has never met, but somehow he felt as though he does know him. Luhan's stepfather had sent him pictures and through those photographs, Sehun got a sense of who his father was.

 

Oh Ji Hun who was an avid music fan. Oh Ji Hun who excelled in basketball. Oh Ji Hun who won many eating contests. Oh Ji Hun who rode a cool motorcycle to school.

 

The photographs gave Sehun a glimpse at the man his mother fell in love with.

 

Luhan's stepfather also sent him an old guitar that apparently was Sehun's father prized possession. Sehun hasn't played it, choosing instead to keep it safe. It is still in its original leather case, placed near his keyboard in his room. Sehun looks at it every now and then, picturing his father plucking a few chords while his mother hummed along. Oftentimes he would smile, relieved at the fact that he doesn't have to hate his father anymore. Sehun accepts the fact that Oh Ji Hun made mistakes in his lifetime, but who doesn't?

 

He knows now that his father wasn't a bad person. And that is all that matters.

 

So as a son who finally gets the chance to have closure on this part of his life, Sehun stands in front of his father's grave – ready to pay his respect.

 

He took a deep breath. “Hi Dad.... I'm sorry it took me so long to come....” Sehun bent down and placed the bouquet near the edge of the stone. He stayed in that position for a little while longer – fingers tracing the carvings of his father's name.

 

Promise I'll visit often,” Sehun whispered as he traced the last letter. He got up and took one final look at the grave. He bowed.

 

When he was done, he turned towards Luhan, who was watching him the entire time, and smiled. Luhan smiled back and walked up to him.

 

Are you okay?” Luhan asked as he stood next to him. Sehun looked back at the gravestone, then he looked at Luhan and nods.

 

Sehun takes Luhan's hand, intertwining their fingers. “Better than okay.”

 

Although sadden by the fact that he won't get to meet his father, Sehun remains positive because he firmly believes that everything happens for a reason. If his father had never left, the Oh family would have turned out differently. His mother may still be alive, and he would probably grow up in a loving household, with both parents. But who knows where they would live, or what kind of person Sehun would become....

 

Or whether or not he would still meet Luhan....

 

If his father was still alive, Luhan's stepfather may not have done the things he did and Luhan may not have transferred to Korea..... He may not have attended Suk-Myeong University. He might not move in and Sehun might live his whole life without ever knowing Luhan.

 

What would life be like without Luhan? Sehun pushed that thought out of his mind, telling himself that Yes, everything happens for a reason.

 

You ready?” Luhan gently tugged the hem of Sehun's shirt.

 

Yeah. Let's go home.”

 

Fingers locked, they make their way back down the grassy hill. Sehun doesn't look back because he has Luhan now. He has his future to look forward to – his future with Luhan.

 

******

No.” Sehun grabbed the bag of cookies from Luhan's iron grip and placed it back on the shelf.

 

Whyyyy?” Luhan whined, giving Sehun a pout he knows Sehun has a weakness for, but this time Sehun wasn't wavering.

 

Shaking his head, he explained, “Because you don't need any more sugar.”

 

Why are you telling me what I can and can't eat?”

 

Because I care. I care about your health, and I don't want you to get cavities.”

 

Ughh. Why can't we go back to the time when you were indifferent and cold towards me? At least then I could eat whatever I want.”

 

That's not possible.”

 

Why not?”

 

I love you too much to ignore you.”

 

Sehun grabbed Luhan's hand, and dragged him away from the snack aisle and towards the fruits and vegetables section.

 

Your cheesiness strikes again,” Luhan teased as he looks down at their hands and smiled.

 

Sehun scoffed. “You do a lot of cheesy things yourself.”

 

Like what?”

 

Like refusing to get up in the morning until I give you a kiss – claiming that I was your prince and that I must kiss you in order to wake you, like in the fairy tales.”

 

Oh you know you love kissing me, so don't even complain about that.” Luhan glared at him accusingly.

 

Sehun sighed and stopped pushing the grocery cart to look at him. “Yes. I do, but that doesn't mean I enjoy reciting 'Thy prince has arrived to awake thee with a sweet kiss.' That is simply embarrassing.”

 

Luhan giggled. “But you sound so cute when you say it!”

 

That's not the point! It's still downright cheesy. If the other hyungs catch me saying stuff like that, it'll be the end of me. The end.”

 

Fine. You don't have to say it anymore, but I still expect a wake up kiss.”

 

Only if you eat more fruits and vegetables.”

 

What!? Don't try to bargain with me mister. Who put you up to this? It was my mom, wasn't it?”

 

No.” Sehun conveniently started browsing through the fruits selection, getting a plastic bag to put oranges in, oblivious to Luhan's frown.

 

I was wondering what you two could possibly talk about over the phone, but I guess I know now.” Luhan crossed his arms, giving Sehun a look of pure disapproval when the younger boy placed a bag of broccoli into their cart.

 

Oh come on, everyone is telling you to eat less sweets – even your stepfather.” Sehun smiled upon seeing the defeated look on Luhan's face, realizing that he had just made a point.

 

Okay fine. You didn't have to bring him up.”

 

Sehun arched a brow. “Isn't your relationship with him better?”

 

It is better, but we're still working on it. It'll take some time. I just don't want you to remind me of all the people who disapprove of my eating habits!”

 

Hey at least we didn't stage an intervention like Chanyeol hyung had suggested. He wanted us to tie you to a chair and feed you broccoli and Brussels sprouts.”

 

Luhan gasped. “I'm going to have a talk with Chanyeol when we get home.”

 

Sehun shrugged and went back to selecting ripe tomatoes. Luhan stood behind him and scanned the area, a frown making its way across his face. Green, red, yellow, and orange everywhere....Healthy, healthy, healthy....Ugh.. Wait...

 

Sehun-ah! Look! Strawberry cake!” Luhan ecstatically exclaimed as he spotted the pastry display table twenty feet away from the cabbage and lettuce stand.

 

Why would they put that near the produce section? Makes no sense.”

 

That doesn't matter Sehun-ah! The cakes are on sale! Buy two for the price of one! Come on, we have to get it.”

 

Sehun winced. “About that – I don't actually like strawberry flavored cakes.”

 

What in the cupcake are you talking about???” Luhan's eyes widen in shock.

 

Have you ever seen me put a piece in my mouth?”

 

Luhan opened his mouth to answer, but closed it as soon as he realized that no, he had in fact never seen Sehun eat strawberry cake. “Then why-”

 

Because I love you. Now can we go?”

 

Sehun turned to head towards the dairy section when a pair of slender arms circled tightly around his waist.

 

W-what are you doing?!” Sehun hissed as he nervously looked around. He didn't want the other customers in the market to be gawking at them.

 

Too late.

 

The other customers were pointing and whispering to each other; an old couple even shook their heads at them. Luhan, however, didn't notice, nor care.

 

Back hugging you. What does it look like I'm doing?” Luhan's voice playful and full of affection, hugging him tighter.

 

Stop it. People are staring!”

 

Luhan dropped his arms. “Hmph! You can profess your love for me in public, but I can't back hug you?”

 

That's not the same! The other people didn't hear me,” Sehun retorted, but Luhan simply ignored him, pretending to look at the expiration dates on the juice cartons instead.

 

Sehun groaned. He knew he was going to get the sleeping bag tonight unless he......

 

Mmmmmm,” Luhan expressed as he bit into his piece of strawberry cake, face glowing.

 

Sehun shook his head and dropped it on the kitchen table. “So much for cutting down on sweets.”

 

What's that Sehun-ah?”

 

Nothing.”

 

Luhan laughed and leaned over to give his boyfriend a kiss on the cheek, lips still covered in strawberry frosting.

 

I love you,” he declared, ignoring the disgusted face Sehun was making at the feel of frosting on his face.

 

Sehun sat up, wiped the spot that Luhan had kissed him. “Yeah yeah.”

 

Luhan laughed. “You missed a spot.”

 

Where?”

 

Here!”

 

Luhan gave him another quick peck on the other cheek, effectively giving him another frosty lip mark.

 

Urghhh!!” Sehun complained, but Luhan merely continued laughing like the childish, but adorable lover that he is.

 

******

It was the first day of the new term.

 

After waving bye to the other boys, Sehun and Luhan were walking towards the Sociology building when Luhan suddenly stopped in his tracks.

 

Sehun-ah, can you not hold my hand anymore?”

 

Instinctively, Sehun tighten his grasp on Luhan's hand. “Why?”

 

I don't want people to know I'm dating Ice Man Sehun.”

 

W-what?!”

 

Luhan chuckled. “Kidding.”

 

Sehun grabbed the back of his neck and closed his eyes. His boyfriend has a knack for giving him stress. “That's not funny.”

 

Luhan laughed and leaned in for a sweet lingering kiss, rendering Sehun speechless.

 

Pulling away, Luhan smiled and said, “See you later, Sehun-ah.”

 

He gave Sehun, who is still slightly dazed from the surprise kiss, a quick pat on the and ran off.

 

Coming back to his senses, Sehun hollered at the retreating back of the honey haired boy. “Hey!!”

 

Luhan looked back and winked. Sehun stared at his boyfriend, who was still running towards his classroom building, fluffy honey brown hair bouncing as he ran. He watched as his boyfriend enters the building, nearly running into another student who was coming out. Sehun smiled What am I going to do with you?

 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

 

Sehun took out his phone and checked the text message.

 

Stop smiling like an idiot and get to class!

 

Sehun looked towards the building, wondering how Luhan could possibly see him.

 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

 

I know you'll miss me to death, but you really should get to class. It's the first day of school, don't be late!

 

Sehun rolled his eyes and slowly made his way to the Music department building across campus.

 

He makes a mental note - I am so having Bambi for lunch.

 

Meanwhile, when Luhan was in class, he gets a text from Sehun.

 

Stop thinking about me and focus.

 

Luhan bit his bottom lip to stifle the laugh that was threatening to erupt. He typed in a quick reply.

 

Then why are you texting me?

 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

 

To tell you something.

 

What?

 

Buy me bubble tea when you get out :D

 

I hate you.

 

I ♥ you too :)

 

Luhan knows he resembles a crazy person, grinning at his phone and silently squealing, but he doesn't care.

 

The last text from Sehun was definitely worth the strange stares he was receiving from his classmates.

 

For the rest of the class period, Luhan's mind was distracted with images of a boy wearing a certain teal hoodie....

 


Earlier that morning -

 

Sehun is standing in front of closet, looking for a jacket to wear.

 

Wear the teal hoodie.” Luhan suggested from his spot on the bed.

 

Why?” Sehun got the said hoodie off the hanger and puts it on anyway.

 

Because it's my favorite.”

 

Really?” Sehun spun around to face his boyfriend.

 

Yup. It's the one you wore when we first met.” Luhan smiled sheepishly at him.

 

Amused by his boyfriend's shy confession, Sehun decided to a little.

 

You remembered what I wore? Was it love at first sight then?”

 

Luhan raised a brow. “Of course NOT. You were a complete douche – telling me to sleep on the cold hardwood floor in a bag. Tch. Absolutely rude. If I have back problems when I'm older, I'm blaming you.”

 

Heyyyy, how was I supposed to act? I had the room all to myself when suddenly a pretty new guy comes in and insists on sharing a bed with me. Besides, ever since we started dating, I let you hog the sheets and you use me as your personal pillow plenty of times - more than I can count.”

 

Pretty? You thought I was pretty?” Luhan stood up and walked across the room to where Sehun was, a smirk plastered on his face.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “That's what you got out of that?”

 

Luhan nodded and leaned in, his breath sending familiar warm shivers down Sehun's spine. “Because if I remember correctly, you told me that I wasn't your type.”

 

Still n-not my t-type,” Sehun stuttered when Luhan's lips brush his cheekbone in a tantalizing manner.

 

You're a horrible liar.”

 

Sehun pulled Luhan closer and wrapped his arms around him. “And you're lucky.” Sehun kissed Luhan's perfect little button nose. 

 

Huh?”

 

You're lucky I didn't call the police on you.”

 

W-what?”

 

You should have been imprisoned for committing such a crime.” Sehun grinned.

 

Luhan cocked his head to the side, confusion dawning on his face. “Okay, what are you talking about?”

 

I should have pressed charges. You would be locked up in jail right now.”

 

For what?”

 

For stealing my heart.”

 

Luhan stared at him with eyes wide and mouth parted. When he finally understood what Sehun said, he burst.

 

Hahahahahha! Sehun-ah! You're so --”

 

This is not a laughing matter. Stealing is a serious offense. You can get up to 2 years in prison. Stealing is not allowed – especially stealing someone's vital organ.” Sehun recited while trying to keep his face absolutely serious.

 

Luhan giggled and nuzzled Sehun's face. “Sorry Sehun-ah, but I'm not planning on giving it back.”

 

Sehun flashed a wide smile at Luhan's response. Happiness radiating from his face.

 

I'll let you keep it....under one condition.”

 

Which is?” Luhan's sparkly doe eyes piercing his own, and on cue Sehun's heart beats faster.

 

Let me have yours.”

 

Luhan snorts. “Is that all?”

 

Yes.”

 

It's already yours.”

 

Ohhhhhhh, so that explains this -” Sehun rolled up the left sleeve of his hoodie, exposing the spot where a small red heart with a gold letter “L” in the center was stitched in.

 

Luhan blinked at the heart inside Sehun's sleeve. He looked at Sehun with an amused expression and then back down on the heart.

 

Is this supposed to be my heart?” Luhan asked.

 

Sehun nods proudly.

 

Can't be. My heart isn't that small.”

 

Sehun scoffed. “You don't know how long it took me to sew this in. I kept poking myself with the stupid needle. I had to wash the hoodie three times to get rid of the blood stains.” (He exaggerated the last part.)

 

Luhan laughed. “Is that so? Are you sure you didn't ask Kyungsoo to sew it for you?”

 

No.” I couldn't possibly ask him, it's too embarrassing.

 

Why did you –?”

 

So I'll always have your heart on my sleeve.”

 

Luhan smiled. “Awwwww. Sehun-ahhh.” He wrapped his arms around Sehun's neck and pressed his lips against Sehun's. A smile appearing on both of their faces.

 

It was perfect -

 

After you two are done eating each others' faces, come downstairs for breakfast,” Kai said as he passed their room.

 

Sehun scowled while Luhan blushed. “Come on, Sehun-ah.” Luhan takes a hold of Sehun's hand, gesturing the younger one to follow him out of their room.

 

Luhan glanced at the sleeve that contained the sewn heart – his heart.

 

He smiled because he knows that Sehun will always keep his heart safe. 

 

Sehun lets Luhan lead them downstairs, lacing their fingers together.

 

He smiled because he knows that Luhan will always cherish his heart.

 

All Sehun cares about is having his Bambi forever by his side. 


 

 

 

~~~~~~ OMGGGGG. THE FLUFFY ENDING!!! AWWWWWWW. LOL. I hope you guys liked it. It was fun writing the story and I'm glad to have so many of you along for this awesome ride. Now I was wondering what I should do next, so I'm posting this poll so you guys can vote on it.  

 

Option A - Since some of you have requested a sequel, I'm seriously considering it. For the sequel, I'll write about their college experience as an official couple with SUPER FLUFFY moments of course and drama...more fluff...and drama...and ultimately cheesy fluffy again. Lol. 

 

Edit: There is a sequel! Don't cry about it ending! More fluffy Hunhan in AICA. 

 

THANKS FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING!! ♥ :D HUNHAN FOREVER!