The Bite

I Couldn't Care Less

Hey. Happy Anni – umph!”

Sehun was cut off when his boyfriend flung himself at him after running across the lawn. Luhan latched on to Sehun, arms wrapped tightly around Sehun's neck, feet off the ground.

 

Smiling, Sehun tenderly circled his arms around Luhan's waist, holding him up. Luhan rested his head on Sehun's shoulder.

 

I'm guessing you like the surprise,” Sehun said. He felt Luhan nodding in response. You're easier to surprise than I thought -

 

Feeling wetness slowly spreading on his shirt, Sehun gently pulled Luhan off of him, placing the older boy firmly on the ground again (Luhan's arms were still wrapped around the back of his neck).

 

He cupped Luhan's tear stained cheeks. Bewildered, he asked the boy, “Yah! Why are you crying?” while wiping those delicate tears with his thumbs.

 

Luhan sniffed. “B-because I love you so much Sehun-ah.” Oh Bambi..what am I going to do with you?

 

Sehun brushed his lips underneath Luhan's glossy eyes, the spot where tears were trailing not too long ago. “I know you do, but that's not a good reason to cry.”

 

It is when you're so happy that the person you love, the person you treasure the most loves you back.” Luhan's eyes twinkled.

 

Thumbs still lightly Luhan's face, Sehun gazed into his eyes and smiled. “You just now figured that out?”

 

Sehun-ah, this is the first time you've ever told me you love me.” Luhan's eyes shifting towards the “I ♥ U” candles.

 

Dumbfounded by his boyfriend's comment, Sehun abruptly stopped caressing Luhan's face. “W-what???”

 

You've never actually told me you love me,” Luhan repeated.

 

Scenes of them together for the last month flashed through Sehun's mind - all the times they've hugged, cuddled, kissed, even the simple moments where they were just sitting next to each other.

 

His heart skipped a beat when he realized that Luhan was right.

 

He'd spent every possible second with Luhan, but the words, words that he has always felt, have not once slipped his mouth. How could I not have told him....???

 

Horrified, Sehun looked at Luhan with desperate eyes. “Even if I've never mentioned it, you know I love you right?!? Ever since realizing my feelings for you, I've love you.”

 

Hearing Sehun's panicky voice, Luhan giggled. He inched closer to Sehun, standing on his toes.

 

I know,” he whispered before softly giving Sehun a sweet comforting kiss. “But it's really nice to finally hear it.” The older boy grinned.

 

Apologetic, Sehun hugged Luhan tighter. “Sorry it took so long.... I was too busy loving you to realize that I needed to tell you as well.”

 

Even at night, Sehun could see Luhan's cheeks tinged pink.

 

When did you get so romantic?” Luhan eyed him with a raised brow.

 

Sehun shrugged. “I can be romantic if I put my mind to it.” He smiled when Luhan laughs at his statement.

 

I thought you hate cheesy stuff like this..” Luhan pointed at the big poster lying forgotten on the grass, the flickering candles, and the little table Sehun had set up.

 

I do... but making you happy takes priority – sometimes, so don't expect big surprises like this every day, ” Sehun said with a playful grin.

 

Aish!” Luhan blushed once more. He covered his face, refusing to let Sehun see him flustered. So cute.

 

Using his nose, Sehun nuzzled Luhan's hands away from his face. “I love you Bambi. Don't forget it.”

 

He pressed his lips against Luhan's soft ones. Sehun smiled into the kiss when he felt that jolt of electricity. The feeling so familiar and satisfying, he'd always find himself on cloud nine – floating...

 

Even after a whole month, Sehun still feels sparks every time Luhan's lips came into contact with his own. It'll never get old. It was a miracle. Luhan was his miracle.

 

The kiss only intensified from there.

 

Sehun lifted the shorter boy up, placing Luhan's feet on his own so they were leveled. Surprised, Luhan let out an adorable “Eep!” Sehun crashed his lips onto Luhan's once more, diving in further. Exploring the inside of Luhan's mouth to the point that a shy moan made its way to the back of Luhan's throat. Mmmmmm.

 

He loves the taste of Luhan.

 

He wants more.

 

He'll always want more – more of Luhan.

 

Sehun-ah,” Luhan whispered as he broke their kiss. He stepped off of Sehun.

 

Not willing to separate, Sehun went in for another smooch, but Luhan dodged it. He ended up kissing Luhan's nose instead. AISSHHHH.

 

Sehun-ah, I just got bitten by a mosquito,” Luhan informed him.

 

What the....

 

Pulling back his face, Sehun looked at him in amazement. “You broke our kiss to tell me that?”

 

Embarrassed, Luhan looked down. “It's starting to really itch, Sehun-ah,” he murmured as he scratched the red spot on his arm.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes – his 21 year old boyfriend sure knew how to ruin a passionate moment.

 

Holding Luhan's hand, he led him to the table where he had dinner prepared (the food that Kyungsoo made for them was cold by now). Sehun stuck his hand under the table and pulled out a mosquito bite ointment.

 

Answering his boyfriend's questioning gaze, Sehun said, “Ointment for mosquito bites. I brought it out because I knew they were going to bite you if we stayed out too long.”

 

Luhan smirked. “You really thought this through. I'm genuinely surprised.”

 

Putting a dab of ointment on Luhan's forearm and rubbing it evenly, Sehun asked, “So...did you get me anything?”

 

Oh!” Luhan jumped out of his seat. “Wait here Sehun-ah!” The older boy ran back inside.

 

When he came back, he was holding a red cake box. I knew it – he would buy me cake.

 

Here. Happy Anniversary Sehun-ah!” He smiled as he handed Sehun the box.

 

Sehun stood up and slowly opened the box. “What could this be – oh.”

 

Every aspect of their anniversary celebration was perfect – up until this point that is.

 

Strawberry cake.”

 

Sehun looked at the pink cake with distaste. It had a big red heart in the middle with the words “Happy Anniversary” written in pink icing.

 

Yup!” Luhan clapped his hands, clearly satisfied.

 

Uhh...I really need to tell him that I don't like straw-

 

The older boy was already cutting a piece of the cake. “Sehun-ah, it's really yummy!” He bit into the cake, pure bliss written all over his face.

 

I'll just tell him next time.

 

Sehun watched Luhan eat the cake, kindly refusing when Luhan offered to feed him. He chuckled when Luhan somehow got icing on his nose. Reaching over to wipe the boy's nose, he playfully scolded him for being such a messy eater.

 

Sehun-ah, can you lip sync that song for me again?” Luhan asked, voice like honey.

 

No way.”

 

Luhan pouted and Sehun groaned.

 

Fine! Only this one time.” He pressed the play button on the stereo and started mouthing along to the lyrics as Luhan gazed at him, mesmerized.

 

WOOT WOOT!!” Chanyeol hollered as the song finished. The tall boy came running towards their little table in the center of the backyard with the other hyungs not far behind.

 

When did our maknae get so cheesy?” He joked as he welcomed himself to some cake.

 

Shut up hyung.”

 

Chanyeol, you really shouldn't interrupt them. It's their anniversary,” Kyungsoo reasoned.

 

Then why are you out here as well Kyungsoo hyung?” Sehun asked.

 

Just wanted to check if you were satisfied with my cooking.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Hyung, your cooking is fine. Now can you all please leave?”

 

Sehun-ah, be nice,” Luhan said while rubbing small circles onto Sehun's hand.

 

Yeah, you're lucky we didn't interrupt your make-out session,” Kai quipped with a smirk.

 

Is there no privacy around here??!”

 

It's not private anymore if you're doing it outside in the backyard, where all of us could see. Duh,” Chen responded.

 

I suggest you blow those out” - Kris pointed at the candles - “before Chanyeol causes an accident.”

 

Can you play that song again? It's one of my favorite Super Junior songs,” Tao proclaimed. Not even waiting for an answer, Tao stalked over the stereo and pressed play. Luhan giggled as Tao started singing along. Sehun banged his head against the table. This can't be happening!

 

Baekhyun patted him on the back. “I didn't know you had this in you. Great job with surprising Luhan hyung.”

 

I'm positive you'll get another beautiful surprise in the bedroom,” Baekhyun whispered into his ear.

 

Kill me now.

 

Knowing full well that they were not going to leave him and Luhan alone, Sehun slumped back on his chair, disgruntled.

 

Sehun didn't appreciate his hyungs interrupting, but that feeling disappeared when they started devouring the strawberry cake.

 

Moments like this, he was glad he had gluttonous hyungs.

 

******

 

I love you. I love you. I love you,” Luhan said in between showering Sehun with kisses that night in their bed.

 

Aren't you going to get tired of saying that?”

 

Luhan looked at him. “Are you going to get tired of hearing it?”

 

Sehun shook his head. “Never.”

 

The younger boy skillfully flipped him over, switching their positions. Hovering over a surprised Luhan, Sehun smirked. It was his turn to shower Luhan with kisses and whispers of love.

 

Sehun-ahhh,” Luhan moaned.

 

They didn't get much sleep that night.

 

Waking up the next morning, the first thing Luhan sees is an Adam’s apple – Sehun's. His lips automatically twisted upwards at the sight.

 

Yawning quietly, Luhan snuggled closer to Sehun, burrowing his face into the crook of Sehun's neck. He loves waking up like this.

 

You're such a cuddle monster,” Sehun mumbled.

 

Luhan looked up, taking in the morning appearance of his boyfriend. Sehun's hair was sticking out in all sorts of directions and his tongue darted out to wet his dry lips. His lids were still closed, refusing to let the bright sunlight enter.

 

Should I leave you alone then?” Luhan teased, fully aware that Sehun would never allow that (even if he was calling him a cuddle monster).

 

The younger tighten his arms around Luhan's waist in response. Luhan smiled and started tracing his boyfriend's perfectly sculpted jawline.

 

Instead of releasing the usual sound of pleasure whenever Luhan traced his body, Sehun let out a sigh. Distracted, Luhan curiously looks up.

 

What am I going to do without you?” Sehun muttered.

 

What do you mean?” Luhan asked, trying his best not to sound scared because Sehun's tone was definitely scaring him.

 

Sehun finally opened his eyes. Locking eyes with Luhan, he explained, “Every summer, the music department requires its students to attend a convocation – basically a meeting to discuss various advancements in music and celebrate student achievements. It is also an opportunity for the students to interact with prestigious musicians.”

 

Yeah...” Luhan could tell that he won't like where this conversation is going.

 

Students are required to stay at the hotel, where the meeting is held.”

 

Luhan feels his heart beating madly. His ears started ringing painfully. He knows he doesn't like where this conversation is going.

 

Oh. So when are you leaving?” Luhan forced his voice to sound calm.

 

In two days.”

 

Where is the meeting?”

 

Jeju-do.”

 

Luhan suddenly pictures a page from a tourist handbook he received – it had a map of South Korea. Somewhere in the book, Luhan remembered reading that Jeju is approximately 285 miles away from Seoul.

 

285 miles away....

 

How long will you be away?” Luhan could already feel his voice shaking.

 

Ten days,” Sehun replied with sad eyes.

 

Ten days...

 

Ten whole days without Sehun....

 

Luhan hated where this conversation ended up. 

 

 

~~~~~~ THE FLUFF!!! ADORABLENESS EVERYWHERE!

Did any of you think the title would be referring to some sort of "love bite?" Lol. It was just a mosquito bite. So now the lovey dovey couple will be separated for a while. How will they deal with it? Will there be an airport scene like in the korean dramas? We'll see next chapter :)) 

Thanks for reading! Subscribe and comment ♥