The Call

I Couldn't Care Less

It was Sunday when he called.

Twenty minutes past noon, and Luhan was still sleeping comfortably in Sehun's arms. While the other boys have all gone out, they have decided to sleep in. Aside from Luhan's occasional snores, the whole house was quiet.

 

Rinnggg. Luhan's phone goes off from under his pillow.

 

Why couldn't you put it on vibrate?” Sehun complained after nudging Luhan to pick it up.

 

Still half asleep, Luhan answerd it. “Hello?”

 

Luhan?” Luhan immediately sat up. He recognized that voice – his stepfather's.

 

It's me,” the man on the other line continued. “Did I disturb you? Can we talk?”

 

Luhan looked over to Sehun's side – the younger boy had gone back to sleep. “Fine.” Luhan left the room quietly and made his way to the patio, making sure to close the glass door behind him.

 

What is it?” He asked.

 

The man hesitated. Luhan waited patiently for him to answer. His mind spinning with questions of why his stepfather was calling him. Did something happen to his mother?

 

I'm going to be in Seoul for a business trip, and I want to meet up with you.” The man waited for his response, but hearing none, he quickly added, “It's fine if you don't want to meet.” Meet??

 

What for?” Luhan wasn't trying to sound rude, but he couldn't help it if his words came out as such. Why would his stepfather want to meet him anyway?

 

I-I think we need to have a sincere talk...about what happened in the past. And I want to apologize to you in person – to correct my mistake.”

 

You w-want to what?” Luhan spluttered, not quite believing what he heard. His ears must be playing tricks on him because the man he knew would never admit his mistake.

 

The man sighed. “You don't have to forgive me. I understand if you don't want to see me, but I think we should at least try to mend our relationship for your mother's sake.”

 

Images of his mother flashes through his mind. She really did look happier now that he was back.

 

Luhan took a deep breath. “When will you arrive?”

 

I should be there in 2 days and I'll stay 3-5 days, depending on how things go with the business.”

 

I'll think about it.”

 

That's all I can ask for. Call me at this number when you want to meet.”

 

Okay.”

 

Well, I'll be waiting for your call. Oh and Luhan, thanks for not hanging up. I really appreciate it.”

 

Luhan doesn't respond to that. After saying bye, his stepfather hung up and Luhan was left standing there, contemplating.

 

Should I meet him?

 

Who was it?”

 

Luhan turned around to find Sehun staring at him. How long has he been standing there?

 

Nobody.”

 

Is something the matter?”

 

Luhan shook his head. “No. Everything's fine.”

 

Are you sure?”

 

Yeah. It's nothing.” Luhan walked past Sehun, avoiding his gaze.

 

The rest of the day Luhan kept looking at his phone, which doesn't go unnoticed by Sehun.

 

Do you want to go the movies?” Sehun asked as the two ate their lunch, but Luhan doesn't hear him.

 

What's the worst that can happen if I meet him? Maybe -

 

Luhan!”

 

Snapping out of his thoughts, Luhan looked up at Sehun as if he doesn't recall the younger boy ever being in his presence.

 

You called me?”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Yes, like about a hundred times.”

 

What is it?”

 

I was wondering if you want to go to the movies or something – unless you want to just stay home.”

 

Let's go.” Luhan abruptly stood up, surprising Sehun. “What? You wanted to go out right?”

 

Yeah.....Are you sure you're feeling okay?”

 

Luhan doesn't bother answering that. “What movie do you want to see?”

 

At the theater, Luhan found it incredibly difficult to focus on the movie. His stepfather's words keep replaying his head. Meet...mend our relationship...apologize...correct my mistake...

 

He was so distracted that he didn't notice how Sehun's eyes darken over the course of their date.

 

I don't see why you want to go see a movie with me if you weren't even going to pay attention!” Sehun unlocked the front door and walked in with an air of annoyance. Luhan followed behind him.

 

I'm sorry okay? The movie wasn't that interesting.”

 

How would you know? You kept glancing at your phone,” Sehun said through gritted teeth.

 

Uhh. Are you two okay?” Lay asked when they got to the living room, looking a little scared. Chen, Xiumin, and Chanyeol were with him, and from the looks on their faces, they also didn't feel comfortable with the scene unfolding in front of them.

 

We're fine,” Luhan assured him, ignoring the scowl on Sehun's face.

 

I wouldn't be so sure about that.” Sehun spat.

 

Luhan spun around to face him. “What are you trying to say?”

 

Oh don't pretend you don't know what's going on here.”

 

Wha-”

 

Well, we're going to give you two some space. Come on guys.” Xiumin signaled the others to follow him into the kitchen, but Luhan held his hand up to stop them.

 

No. It's okay. You guys can stay. We'll leave.” Luhan shot Sehun a scathing look before heading upstairs. With his fist clenched, Sehun followed his boyfriend.

 

Who do you think will win?” Chen asked after the couple was far enough not to hear him.

 

Definitely Luhan hyung,” Chanyeol answered with certainty.

 

You willing to put money on it?” Chen wiggled his brows.

 

Xiumin smacked Chen's back (“Oww!”). “Don't be so insensitive.”

 

Ten bucks - Sehun is going to win this one. Luhan hyung isn't confrontational. He'll give in to the maknae eventually.” Lay smirked, completely ignoring the look of disapproval Xiumin was throwing at him.

 

Hmm, I guess we just have to wait and see.” Chen, Lay, and Chanyeol nodded while Xiumin groaned.

 

After getting in their room, Sehun roughly closed the door behind him. Luhan, with his hands on his hips, narrowed his eyes at Sehun, who stood a good distance away from him.

 

Care to explain what that was all about?”

 

Sehun scoffed. “You really don't know?”

 

No. I don't. That's why I'm asking.”

 

Hmm. Let's see. It could be the fact that you were completely distracted throughout the whole date – acting like I wasn't even there.”

 

Didn't I already apologized? And I knew you were there!”

 

Sehun laughed mirthlessly. “Righhhttt. Like I didn't have to practically shake you every time to get your attention.”

 

I wasn't ignoring you on purpose! I- I was just thinking about something.”

 

Oh really? I wouldn't have guessed that.” Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

Luhan sighed. “I don't want to argue with you.”

 

You think I want this?!” Sehun snapped.

 

Can we drop this?” Luhan was now trying his best not to raise his voice, but the younger boy was currently testing his will power.

 

No. I want to know why you were acting so weird today. It has something to do with that phone call doesn't it?”

 

Sehun, I'm not going to talk about that. It doesn't concern you.”

 

Anything regarding you concerns me!”

 

Sehun -”

 

Why won't you tell me who that person was?”

 

Sehun -”

 

Why were you looking at your phone the entire day? Were you waiting for the person to call? Is he your ex?”

 

That's it! Luhan crossed the room, so that now he was staring directly at Sehun, face absolutely livid. Sehun remained still, unfazed.

 

Oh Sehun, your jealousy knows no bound.” Luhan knew that what he just said would get Sehun riled up.

 

Sehun looked at him incredulously. “I. Am. Not. Jealous. I was merely worried about why you weren't acting like yourself today. Excuse me for being an observant boyfriend!”

 

And I told you, I'm fine!”

 

No, you're not fine! Clearly something is bothering you and I want to know what.”

 

“Considering how you refused to talk about what happened that day, I don't think you have the right to ask me all these questions, demanding answers.”

 

Sehun widen his eyes. “Is that what this is all about? You're getting me back for not telling you?!”

 

What?! No! I'm not getting you back for anything!”

 

You're still mad about that aren't you?” It was more of a statement than a question.

 

No. I'm not mad. I am confused though. Why won't you tell me why you ran out like that? You were looking at the pictures before..What did you see? Why -”

 

I don't want to talk about it.” Sehun turned and walked toward the door, hands on the door knob.

 

Oh Sehun! I'm not done. If you walk out -”

 

Sehun opened the door and walked out without another word. H-he ........left.

 

Luhan doesn't move – he just stands there, utterly stunned.

 

And hurt.

 

******

Oh Sehun! I'm not done. If you walk out -”

 

Sehun's hands turned the knob and he left – not willing to hear the rest.

 

He knows he's going to regret walking out on Luhan like that, but he desperately needed to get out – to escape.

 

Sehun told himself that compared to telling Luhan the truth, leaving is the better option. At least with leaving, he doesn't have to see the pain on Luhan's face when he tells him about his father.

 

It was past midnight when Sehun staggered home, face a little red from the alcohol. He clumsily made his way to the dark kitchen, the lights, sat down, and laid his head on the cold table. Luhan was probably asleep, and frankly he didn't want to face his boyfriend right now. I'll sleep here for the night.

 

Sehun? Are you okay?”

 

Sehun opened his eyes to find a concerned Suho near the doorway. He blinked at his hyung, who came over to inspect him.

 

Aye! You reek of alcohol!”

 

Thanks hyung, but I think I know that.”

 

Suho opened the fridge to get a cool water bottle and handed it to him. “Here. Drink this.” He watched on as Sehun finished the drink in one go. “Why were you drinking? You're going to be in trouble with Luhan hyung.” Luhan..

 

Sehun chuckled. “It doesn't matter anymore.”

 

What do you mean?”

 

Sehun puts his head back down on the table. “Nothing matters anymore,” he mumbled.

 

Okay, you are scaring me. What happened? Did you get in a fight with Luhan hyung? I'm sure if you just apologize, everything will be fine.”

 

I can't do that.” His voice almost inaudible, Suho had to leaned in to hear him.

 

Why not?”

 

Sehun sighed. “Because I can't be in the same room as him without feeling like I'm going to explode. I can't look at him without feeling guilt eating away my conscience.”

 

Guilt?”

 

For not telling him.”

 

Telling him what?”

 

I- I found the man who abandoned my mother and me.”

 

Suho gasped. “You found your dad?”

 

Sehun closed his eyes. “Yeah.”

 

Wow..” Suho is speechless for a while. “Wait...what does this have to do with Luhan hyung?”

 

Sehun took a deep breath, eyes still closed. “He just also happens to be Luhan's stepfather.”

 

Suho gasped again, and Sehun could feel his head throbbing against the table.

 

Why would you feel guilty though? Technically, you're not related to each other.”

 

That's not it.”

 

What is it then?”

 

Because Luhan doesn't exactly have a good relationship with his stepfather. And even though I refuse to refer to that man as my father, we still share the same blood. Imagine how Luhan hyung would feel when he finds out that his boyfriend happens to be the son of the man he despised. He'll hate me even more for keeping it from him.”

 

Sehun turned his head away from Suho, to hide the tears b his eyes.

 

Sehun, you need to have faith in Luhan hyung. He's not going to hate you.”

 

Sehun doesn't say anything.

 

Listen Sehun, you should be telling Luhan hyung all of this. Not me. And I promise you, his feelings for you won't change, so go talk to him.”

 

When Sehun showed no indication of moving, Suho sighed and grabbed his arms. “Stop over-thinking and go to him.”

 

He's probably not even in our room,” Sehun murmured, looking dejected as Suho pulls him up.

 

Why not?”

 

Because we got in an argument and I sort of walked out on him...”

 

Suho shook his head. “Sehun, you can be so reckless sometimes.” Suho chuckled softly as he guided the intoxicated maknae out of the kitchen.

 

We'll check first.” Suho opened the door to their room and after spotting the dark lump on the bed, he turns to Sehun. “Well, he's there. Good luck.”

 

Sehun was promptly shoved into the dark room as Suho quietly closed the door with a satisfied smile on his face.

 

Not knowing what to do, Sehun stood near the foot of the bed, eyes fixed on his sleeping boyfriend. I shouldn't wake him...I can talk to him tomorrow....Yeah tomorrow, when I'm sober.

 

He quietly moved to his side of the bed and gets under the cover, making sure not to disturb Luhan. He frowned when he noticed how far away Luhan was. The older boy, who usually slept closer to Sehun's side of the bed, was now all the way on the other side, touching the edge of the bed.

 

Dammit. Maybe walking out wasn't the better option.

 

Sehun woke up the next morning expecting the bed to be empty. He wasn't disappointed, though he hoped he would be..

 

Taking a sniff of himself, he groaned. He smells like soju, and that he knew wouldn't sit well with Luhan. Crap. I should have showered.

 

When he got in the kitchen, all eyes were on him, except for the pair that belonged to a certain someone who continued eating his chocolate muffin like Sehun hadn't just entered.

 

Luhan was sitting between Xiumin and Lay, leaving Sehun with no choice but to sit elsewhere.

 

Sehun, you can take my seat,” Lay offered as he got up. Sehun saw how Luhan's eyes started twitching when Lay walked to the other side of the table.

 

Thanks hyung.”

 

No problem.”

 

After taking a deep breath, Sehun pulled out the chair and sat down. Luhan refused to acknowledge his presence.

 

Morning,” Sehun bravely greeted his boyfriend. His forehead started to sweat.

 

Ignoring him, Luhan turned to talk to Xiumin about a soccer game he watched recently. Great.

 

During breakfast, Luhan talked to everyone except Sehun. Honestly, Sehun knew this was coming. He knows Luhan. The older boy wasn't going to talk to him like nothing happened when he walked out on him despite the older's warning.

 

But that doesn't stop him from feeling like crap.

 

Poking his food, Sehun doesn't notice the other hyungs whispering to each other, subtly pointing towards their direction. He does, however, see Lay and Chen give a grinning Chanyeol a wad of cash.

 

So I'm guessing you two didn't talk last night.” Suho came up to him as he washed the dishes. Luhan and the others were watching TV.

 

No. I thought I should at least be sober when I talk to him.”

 

Good point.” Suho gave him a pat on back. “Sehun fighting!”

 

Who's fighting?” Kai asked when he walked in.

 

No one,” Sehun answered with a serious tone.

 

Are you sure? Because I know someone who wouldn't mind smacking you right now. Can you guess who? He has pretty doe eyes, incredibly cute, claims to be manly -”

 

I think he got it Kai.” Suho turned to Sehun. “Get Luhan hyung alone.”

 

I don't think he'll easily agree to that.” Sehun frowned. Luhan won't even look at him.

 

Yeah. He's avoiding you like the plague,” Kai added, not helping the situation.

 

 Then we'll make him.” Baekhyun skipped into the kitchen, apparently tired of eavesdropping.

 

Baekhyun, we shouldn't force -” Suho gets cut off by Kai. “What do you have in mind?”

 

We'll need everyone to pitch in. It's going to be fun! Don't worry Sehun, we'll get you alone with Luhan. Wait outside in the backyard.”

 

After finally agreeing to Baekhyun's plan, Sehun reminded them not to hurt Luhan.

 

He'll be okay!” Baekhyun then texted the other members about the plan, grinning to himself as he did so.

 

Minutes later, as Sehun stood outside, he thinks that maybe it was a bad idea to entrust his hyungs with Luhan.

 

YAH!!”

 

Sehun whipped his head around toward the scream. What the....

 

It was a bad idea. 

 

 

~~~~~~ OOOOOOOOOO WHAT DID THE HYUNGS DO?!?! 

Hey guys! I updated! Whew. A lot of diagloue in this chapter. Another chapter will be up in a few hours (hopefully). Will Sehun finally tell Luhan?? How will Lulu react? Be ready for more surprises!

P.S. I changed the font of my A/N because I found out that my usual font (comic sans MS) isn't compatible with iphones, so those of you who read the chapters on your iphone - I apologize. The cursive font is ridiculous - I can barely read it. Lol. Also the story is coming to an end soon :(. Sniff sniff. I'm going to miss writing the story!