The Deal

I Couldn't Care Less

 

Aishh. Stupid alarm clock.... Sehun sleepily swatted the small alarm clock on his nightstand. He automatically turned to his left, sleeping on his side in hope of getting a few more seconds of shut-eye. He flung his arm out, expecting to feel his soft bed, but instead his hand landed on something. Something solid. What could it be? Curiosity getting the best of him, he willed his eyelids to slowly open. His vision was blurry, but there was something in front of him, really close to his face actually.. What was it? Trying harder to open his eyes, Sehun could see the blurry outline coming into focus, revealing a face.. a soft looking face. The person was asleep. Wait...a person?! Sehun's eyes abruptly opened wide, blinking furiously as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Luhan.

 

After fully comprehending the situation, Sehun jumped up in alarm, waking the older boy in the process. “Wh-what are you doing in my bed?!?”

 

Asfkdge...” Luhan mumbled.

 

What?? Wake up!” Sehun began shaking the older boy, who was hiding under the covers.

 

Hey answer me! How did you get in my bed? You sneaky--”

 

Luhan flipped back the bed cover, eyes wide open now. His head was spinning. It honestly was too early to be arguing. He sat up lazily and turned to his bewildered roommate.

 

I don't know how I got in the bed..” Luhan groggily answered while rubbing his eyes. It was the truth – the last thing he remembered was falling face down on the couch.

 

Well you must have sleep-walked up here because the last place I saw you was on the --”

 

The older boy was starting to doze off, his head was drooping to the side. He didn't catch a word of what Sehun had said. Forget this. Sehun got up, grabbed some clothes, and walked out of the room; he needed to be awake and alert to deal with his impossible roommate.

 

Luhan was still asleep when Sehun got back from the bathroom. Sehun threw his dirty laundry at the boy, causing him to jerk up.

 

Ewww. It stinks!” The older boy made a disgusted face. Sehun smirked.

 

That's what you get for sleeping on my bed.” Sehun walked over to his closet. He was looking for a jacket to wear when he remembered something –

 

Did Chanyeol hyung return the sleeping bag?” He turned to face Luhan whose eyes suddenly brighten.

 

Um..no.” It's so obvious you're lying Bambi.

 

Sehun made a move towards him and the older boy quickly added, “Okay he did, but I forgot where I put it.” Sehun scoffed. Did Luhan think he was stupid or something?

 

No problem, I'll just buy another one.”

 

Luhan groaned. “Come on Sehun-ah. Can't we share this bed?” asked the messy honey haired boy who had large brown pleading eyes targeting Sehun.

 

No way--”

 

I don't bite..Sehun-ah,” assured Luhan with a soft tone. The older boy started blinking repeatedly and biting his lip, eyes starting to get moist.

 

Oh god. He is using aegyo against me. Sehun huffed. Your aegyo won't work on me Bambi.... – Luhan pouted, his bottom lip sticking out – okay maybe a little, but I rather die than admit it.

 

Okay fine --” Luhan fist pumped the air “-- but I won't share it without getting anything in return," Sehun finished.

 

Luhan, trying to look slightly perplexed, mischievously asked, “Sharing a bed with me isn't enough?”

 

Sehun almost choked on his own saliva. Is he serious?

 

Regaining his composure, Sehun responded bitterly, “Of course not you dork! Don't make me change my mind--”

 

Okay okay. Hmmmm....how about I take your place whenever it's your turn to wash the dishes?”

 

No. The other hyungs would surely know something is up if they see you washing them for me.”

 

Right,” Luhan said absentmindedly. He seems to be pondering about something. Sehun crossed his arms. This is going to be good.

 

Luhan finally spoke, “Well..how about I buy you bubble tea whenever you like?” He bit his lip and smiled at Sehun.

 

How did you --”

 

Chanyeol told me. So how about it Sehun-ah?” he asked, grinning like a mad man. Luhan knew that Sehun was obsessed fond of the popular drink. He had given the latter an offer he couldn't possibly refuse – free bubble tea whenever he wanted.

 

Fine, but I sleep on the left side.”

 

YAY!!” Luhan exclaimed while doing a celebratory dance (earning a good eye-roll from Sehun).

 

Luhan then snatched Sehun's cellphone off his desk and started typing in something. “Just text hyung whenever you want.” He handed Sehun the phone and walked out the room (more like skipped with glee).

 

Sehun looked at his phone screen:

 

New Contact – Luhan hyung (012-690-0420)

 

Sehun snorted. He tapped his phone and typed something else before he left the room to join his hyungs for breakfast.

 

New Contact – Bambi

 

******

 

The rest of the morning went smoothly. Sehun was still ignoring Luhan in front of the others (what else is new?), but it didn't matter because Luhan gets to sleep on a bed like a regular person now. 

 

Luhan sat in class with a smile permanently etched on his face. His spirits were up and nothing could ruin --

 

Zzzzz Zzzzzzzz. His phone vibrated. Luhan had an incoming text from an unknown number. He opens the message stealthy under his desk, the message read:

 

Chocolate bubble tea. Now.

 

Luhan's eyes widen at the words on the screen. This kid! He sent back a quick reply.

 

I'm in the middle of class so wait!

 

His professor was going on about how the media targets different gender and social classes when his phone vibrated again.

 

Should have thought of that before you offered to buy me bubble tea whenever :p

Now chop chop! I get cranky when I have to wait.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. When was this kid ever NOT cranky? The professor suddenly cleared his throat, getting Luhan's attention. He was caught. That stupid Sehun! Luhan gave the teacher an apologetic smile and turned off his phone. 

 

Across campus, in the music department building, a very cranky Sehun kicked the table because the bubble tea he wanted has yet to appear.

 

Here you go! One chocolate bubble tea,” said Luhan as he gave the brooding boy the cool drink. Sehun took the drink without so much as a thank you and began drinking, ignoring Luhan as usual.

 

You know I almost got in trouble because of you. The least you could do is say thanks hyung,” Luhan pointed out as he sat down in front of the boy. The girls that followed him were noticeably whispering excitedly to each other from across the cafeteria. They were probably going to start "shipping" him with Sehun. 

 

You were late,” Sehun expressionlessly said. Luhan sat with his mouth agape.

 

I ran around campus looking for a place that sold bubble tea and that is all you can say?” Luhan asked incredulously.

 

Sehun was indifferent. Feeling a tad bit hurt, Luhan got up (dramatically) and left the boy, who was still enjoying his chocolate bubble tea.

 

The rest of Luhan's first week at school went well, minus the annoying moments when Sehun demanded Luhan buy him bubble tea. Luhan was beginning to suspect that Sehun didn't really enjoy drinking bubble tea that many times a day, but rather the younger one enjoyed torturing him.

 

He would even text Luhan when the older one was at work. Luhan would then give him a snarky reply and turned off his phone. (He still brought home bubble tea, much to Sehun's satisfaction) A deal was a deal.

 

Whenever he wanted to curse at the younger male, he thought of his new bed at home. The warm soft bed. He then took a deep breath and went to find the nearest bubble tea shop.

 

Sharing a bed with Sehun was definitely a lot better than sleeping in that bag (Luhan still refuses to tell Sehun where he hid it).

 

They each took a side, Sehun on the left and Luhan the right, and in the middle was a pillow to separate the two. Because I don't want you to carelessly touch me in your sleep,” Sehun had argued.

 

 

It was Friday night and the boys decided to have a movie night. Luhan was walking out of the bathroom shirtless, towel drying his wet hair, when he heard Lay shout from downstairs, “Luhan hyung, Sehun hurry up! We're about to start.”

 

I'll be right there,” Luhan shouted back and ran to his room to quickly grab a shirt.

 

BAM!

 

He knocked into something and fell down on top of it. Eyes closed, still shocked from the sudden collision, Luhan realized that the thing that cushioned his fall was breathing. “Arghh....”

 

Luhan looked up and saw piercing brown eyes. S-Sehun?

 

~Ba boom ba boom ba boom ba boom ba boom~

 

Why was his heart suddenly beating so fast? Must be from the fall.

 

Why was the room getting warmer? The air conditioner must be down.

 

Why did he feel heat warming his cheeks? Must be from embarrassment. 

 

Why was--

 

Uhhh...do you mind getting off now?” Sehun groaned underneath him.

 

 

~~~~~~ Kekeke. How was the chapter? Fun? Cute? :) 

Next chapter: Luhan tries to "rescue" Sehun but ends up embarrassing himself. (When I googled chocolate bubble tea to get the image, Sehun's picture came up. Lol!)