The Revelation

I Couldn't Care Less

Luhan would be lying if he said that having his fingers intertwined with Sehun's didn't feel strange and foreign to him.

But like everything else regarding Sehun, he'll adjust, and eventually get to the point where he can't live without it.

Still walking along with Sehun, Luhan glanced up at the night sky. Wow..so many stars. He starts looking for familiar constellations.

 

Realizing that Luhan wasn't paying attention to where he was going, Sehun, with his free hand, pulled his face down by the chin. “Stop looking up. You're going to trip on something and break your face.”

 

If that happens you're supposed to catch me,” Luhan retorted with slight indignation.

 

Pfffttt.” Sehun scoffed. Luhan was about to give Sehun a piece of his mind when the latter gave his hand a firm squeeze. He softened when Sehun's thumb starts brushing the back of his hand.

 

Luhan looked at his boyfriend (yes Sehun is his boyfriend now) – Sehun's eyes were focused on what was straight ahead, he had on his serious face, clearly concentrating on something.

 

What are you thinking about?”

 

Huh? Oh. Nothing much.”

 

Luhan knows when Sehun is lying, but he couldn't blame the younger boy for doing so. Sehun was most likely thinking about their new relationship status and how the other hyungs were going to take the news.

 

It's going to be fine,” Luhan assured him, flashing him a gentle smile.

 

Sehun merely grunted in response. So rude.

 

Finally arriving at the beach, they begin looking around for their group of boys. Being at the beach this late at night was a new experience for Luhan. The stars were ever so bright, a lot different from the view he gets from his bedroom window. The sound of the waves hitting the shore was soothing and whimsical, almost like a lullaby. The dark glistening waves were only visible thanks to the brilliant glow of the moon. The feel of cool sand sliding between his toes was oddly relaxing. Luhan smiled.

 

He's strolling on the beach at night with the person he loves. Can it get any more perfect than this?

 

Ugh. Stupid sand. I hate it,” Sehun complained, effectively killing the moment.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes. Suddenly a cold breeze whipped past the two, sending shivers down Luhan's body. Noticing this, Sehun pulled Luhan's hood over his head, before doing the same to his own. Luhan blinked at him.

 

What? I thought you might be cold,” Sehun replied sheepishly.

 

Awww,” Luhan cooed, fingers ready to pinch his cheeks, but the boy smacked it away. “Ouch!”

 

Ignoring Luhan's cry of pain, Sehun pointed towards a group of people huddled together with a small campfire set in the middle. “They're over there.”

 

Oi! Luhan hyung, Sehun!” Chen greeted them as they got near.

 

Spotting their intertwined fingers, Suho smiled at the both of them. “Glad you two could make it.”

 

Rubbing the back of his neck nervously, Sehun replied, “Yeah. Cleaning took longer than expected --”

 

You guys were toasting marshmallows without us?!” Luhan asked, mouth hanging open.

 

Yeah. Want some?” Chen handed Luhan and Sehun a stick with a fat fluffy marshmallow on the tip. His eyes land on their connected hands. “Wait. Why are you two holding hands?”

 

Everyone whipped their heads towards the two of them, eyes widening when they too see the joined hands, the interlocked fingers. Luhan gulped.

 

No one says anything.

 

Uncomfortable from the silence, Luhan started to fidget, but then he felt Sehun's grip on his hand tighten as if to let him know that he was right there.

 

For that reason alone, Luhan was extremely grateful that Sehun was there with him, by his side, giving him comfort, because right now he really needed it.

 

Looking at his group of stunned looking friends, Luhan didn't know what to say. He didn't think they were going to react this way. Do they not approve--

 

Baekyeol broke the silence. “FINALLY!!” They hollered as they start to fist pump the air.

 

Luhan lets out a small sound of appreciation. Aw Baekyeol...

 

Kyungsoo hyung, you owe me 20 bucks!” Kai happily announced as Kyungsoo groaned.

 

Twenty bucks?” Sehun asked.

 

Yeah. We were betting on when you two were going to be official. Kyungsoo hyung bet it was going to be at the end of summer break,” Kai answered with a smug face.

 

They had a bet??? Wow...

 

Showing off his dimple, Lay smiled at them. “Congrats Luhan hyung - for tearing down the wall. You two look great together.”

 

Confused, Sehun was about to ask Lay what he meant, when Luhan cut him off. “Thanks Lay.” He beamed at the other boy. Sehun gave Luhan a “what is going on” look and Luhan responded with a “I'll tell you later.”

 

Chen, apparently still lost as to what to make of the situation, asked, “What is going on? Why are they holding hands?”

 

That's what you do when you're dating,” Xiumin said, shaking his head at how slow Chen could be. He looked at the new couple and smiled. “Congratulations.”

 

Sehun nods and Luhan smiles. “Thanks Xiumin, Luhan said meekly.

 

D-dating??!!?” Chen cried, not believing what he was hearing. He stared at the two and back down at their hands, and back at the couple and –

 

Get use to it Chen!” Chanyeol smacked him upside the head. “They're going to be doing more than hold hands.” Chanyeol winked at the couple. Luhan blushed pink and Sehun showcased his fist.

 

Doing more than hold hands?” Tao asked, voice full of curiosity.

 

Yeah like they're going to be all over each other, cuddling --”

 

Kyungsoo gasped. Tao's eyes widen. Chen choked on his marshmallow. Luhan blushed a deeper shade of pink, and Sehun let out an agonizing groan.

 

And each other's faces --”

 

That's enough Kai,” Kris finally spoke, as he covers Tao's innocent ears.

 

Kai shrugged and went back to toasting his marshmallow. Xiumin was patting the back of a red face Chen.

 

Hands still firmly covering Tao's ears, Kris directed his attention towards Luhan and Sehun. “Try to do those things in private. In your own room preferably.”

 

Unknowingly, Luhan nods and Sehun refuses to respond to that.

 

Kris finally replaced his hands from Tao's ears. The younger boy smirked. “I heard everything.”

 

Kris rolled his eyes. “Why do I even try?”

 

Tao turned towards the couple. “Anyways, I'm happy for you guys. If you're searching for some couple clothes, I know a store.”

 

And if you're searching for some toys, I know a website,” Chanyeol piped up, resulting in Baekhyun smacking the back of his head.

 

Shhhh Yeollie! Save those matters for private conversations!” Baekhyun hissed.

 

Kill me now,” Sehun mumbled under his breath, so that only Luhan could hear.

 

What sort of toys are you talking about?” Chen's voice full of arousal. Kris stared at him disapprovingly.

 

Suho clapped his hands to get all of their attention. “Alright, alright that's enough. Chen, we're not going to discuss that.”

 

Chen pouted and Chanyeol whispered into his ears, “Give you the details later.”

 

Xiumin pulled Chen away from Chanyeol, glaring at the taller boy. “No, you will NOT.”

 

Kris cleared his throat. “Okay. Since we got that done --”

 

Actually...” Suho started anxiously looking around.

 

Suho and I are dating as well,” Lay confessed.

 

Everybody, except Sehun, gawked at them. “WHATTTTT?” they chorused.

 

Apparently, unlike the revelation of Luhan and Sehun dating, the fact that Suho and Lay were together was far more surprising. No one suspected a thing.

 

So now we have 3 couples living together...” Kyungsoo marveled at the thought.

 

Whoop-de-doo,” Kai added sarcastically. “More couple drama.”

 

The three couples all shot him a dirty look.

 

Shrinking from the fact that 6 pairs of eyes were judging him, Kai concluded that he was happy for all of them, before returning to tend to his now burnt marshmallow.

 

Does anybody else want to come out and admit they're dating their roommate?” Kris asked.

 

Chen raised his hand. Everyone gasped. Xiumin (Chen's roommate) was especially shocked.

 

I'm.......just kidding!” He grinned, obviously pleased with himself. It wasn't too often that he gets the chance to mess with his housemates.

 

Chanyeol laughed. “You're becoming an excellent troll, Chen. I'm proud.” He ruffled Chen's hair.

 

Sitting around toasting marshmallows with his friends, Luhan smiles. This trip has definitely been memorable in more ways than one. He looks up at a standing Sehun (he refuses to sit down on the sand) and grins. Feeling Luhan's eyes on him, Sehun looked down.

 

What?”

 

Don't you mean 'what's wrong babe'?”

 

Sehun snorts. “Put a sock in it Bambi.”

 

Bambi.

 

The way Sehun called him Bambi was different from the first night they met. It wasn't the same insulting tone, rather it had a pleasant ring to it, almost affectionate. Almost – after all the boy did tell him to stuff it.

 

Sehun-ah, you're going to get it when we're alone.

 

Luhan went back to eating his perfectly toasted marshmallow, grumbling about how he has to fix Sehun's rude habits.

 

WHEEEEEET. WHEEEEEEEEET.

 

What are you kids doing?! Did you get permission to build a campfire?!” A middle age man dressed in a navy uniform came running towards them, obnoxiously blowing his whistle.

 

And this is when WE RUNNN!” Chanyeol hollered as he got up and made a mad dash for it. Startled, everyone else stayed where they were, only fully comprehending the situation when Chanyeol was already meters away.

 

Dammit,” Kris proclaimed as everybody else got up and ran like the wind. (Some of them were still carrying their sticks of marshmallow)

 

Baekhyun was calling after Chanyeol, upset that his boyfriend had ran off without him. Lay had his arm around an out of breath Suho, who kept repeating that he needs to exercise more. Chen tripped and Xiumin helped him up, all the while cursing at him for being so clumsy. Tao had already caught up with Chanyeol, who didn't even bother to look back. Kai, Kris, and Sehun covered an considerable distance in a short amount of time, while Kyungsoo (who was screaming like a little girl) and Luhan were the two slowest.

 

I hate running!! Luhan groaned when he heard the blaring whistle behind him, dangerously close.

 

Can you be any slower?!!!!” Sehun shouted at him as he ran back and grabbed Luhan's hand. With Sehun's help, Luhan was able to avoid getting caught by the officer. Whew.

 

Is he gone?” Tao whispered.

 

Xiumin took a peek from behind the large bush they were currently hiding behind. “Not yet. He's still searching the area.”

 

A beam of light came across the spot, causing them to all duck and hold their breaths. Luhan squeezed his eyes shut. Don't come over here. Don't come over here.

 

Feeling warm pressure on his hand, Luhan opens his eyes to find Sehun staring at him, index finger over his mouth. Shh Sehun mouthed.

 

Sehun's hand gave him another gentle squeeze.

 

Frankly, the fear of being heard was the only thing that kept Luhan from giving his boyfriend a very tight hug at this very moment.

 

Again the man's flashlight beamed near their area, surveying the trees and bushes.

 

After hearing the man's disappearing footsteps, Lay whispered, “Is it safe?”

 

We'll wait a little longer just in case,” Xiumin answered.

 

Suho was using the sleeve of his shirt to wipe the sweat off of Lay's forehead. Chanyeol was trying to comfort a sulky Baekhyun. Chen was curled up into a ball. Xiumin was quietly chewing his marshmallow. Kyungsoo was busy praying, as a bored-looking Kai stared at him. Kris, being too tall to crouch down comfortably, opted to lie on his back. With his hands behind his head, it looked as though he was calmly gazing up at the night sky. Tao was keeping watch, peeking through the small hole he had made in the bush. And Luhan was busy massaging Sehun's feet, which had fallen asleep.

 

When the coast was absolutely clear, they all made another run for it.

 

Finally, safe at their lodge, huffing and puffing from the sprint, they looked at each other. All of their faces were covered in sweat.

 

HAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHA.”

 

The whole group burst out in laughter. Chanyeol started wiping his happy tears. “Man. That was FUN!”

 

They stopped laughing and collectively glowered at him.

 

Chanyeol hyung, you said it was okay to build a campfire in the middle of the beach,” Kai accused.

 

Chanyeol, realizing that he is going to be blamed for the situation, chuckled nervously. “I assumed it was. Now how about those showers???” He scurried to the bathroom without another word, locking the door behind him.

 

Everyone else released an exasperated sigh and went to their rooms to clean up, to get ready for bed.

 

Sitting on the blanket-covered floor, Sehun was hastily tapping on his tablet. After getting out of the shower, Luhan came over to the area, sprawled on the floor, and mumbled, “Sehun-ah, what are you doing?”

 

Playing a game,” Sehun answered in a robotic tone, too engrossed in the game to care that Luhan was pouting at him.

 

Luhan nudged him on the knee. No response. Luhan huffed. We've only been dating for a few hours and he's already ignoring me.

 

Hey hyung, doesn't this feel like a slumber party? Like the ones we had when we were younger?” Baekhyun appeared, holding a big pillow. He placed it next to Luhan's pillow and laid down.

 

Deciding that chatting with Baekhyun was better than shooting lasers at Sehun, who was still tapping away on his tablet, Luhan flopped to his side to face Baekhyun.

 

Mhm. It does.” He smiled.

 

Baekhyun, noticing that Sehun was busy playing his game, whispered, “Hyung, are you sure you want to be his boyfriend?”

 

I heard that.” Sehun glared at them, although his fingers were still expertly tapping the screen.

 

Baekhyun feigned innocence, and Luhan giggled. “I'm still debating..”

 

Upon hearing that, Sehun accidentally tap the wrong button, resulting in a game over. “Look at what you made me do!” Luhan ignored him. That's what you get for being a bad boyfriend!

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “At least he didn't leave you behind --”

 

Are you still on that?” Chanyeol's voice can be heard from the kitchen.

 

YES!” Baekhyun shouted towards his direction.

 

Luhan was trying his best to stifle his laughter. They're like a married couple.

 

Feeling something brush against his back, Luhan turned his head around – Sehun was lying next to him, arms crossed, fuming over the now deserted game.

 

Luhan smirked. Seeing this, Sehun grunted in annoyance and flipped to his side, displaying his back to Luhan.

 

The older boy scooted backwards a little, so that now his back was touching Sehun's. When Sehun didn't flinch or move away, Luhan bit his bottom lip and smiled.

 

Sleeping with their backs against each other can be considered romantic.....right??

 

Regardless, it is a step up from where they were before.

 

Ten minutes later, after Chanyeol had apologized multiple times to Baekhyun for jilting him, they turned off the lights in the living room and settled in.

 

Night guys,” Luhan said in the darkness.

 

Night,” Chanyeol and Baekhyun said in return. Sehun didn't say anything. Aish.

 

Reminding himself to teach Sehun a lesson or two in the morning, Luhan yawned. His eyelids grew heavy and before he knew it, he was drifting off to sleep.

 

A pair of hands pulled the blanket up, snugly covering Luhan with it.

 

A satisfied smile plastered itself on Sehun's face before he too drifted off.

 

 

~~~~~~ Awwwwwww Sehunnie :P This chapter was fun to write - Chen's and Chanyeol's part had me laughing. Lol. Yeollie why did you leave your Baekby? 

Expect more fluff and some other stuff, which I'm not going to tell you about as of yet. Subscribe and comment. Thanks :D 

(I will be trying to update as often as I can ^_^ )