08 Good Person

The Fool Who Loves You
"The difference between me and the person who makes you cry is that all I can do is comfort you
When you laugh, I feel good too
Even when you say it's just pretending
Days of waiting for you, nights of missing you
You bring happiness to these moments
Even when I'm alone, it's okay
As long as I can see you
Always standing behind you, always looking at you
I think that's all I can do"
- Good Person, Super Junior
 
 
YONG.
 
"Cut!" the director announces. He sighs in disappointment as he takes off his hat once again, "Soneul... Not again."
 
I glance at the girl who blushes like mad, bowing in ninety degrees, "I-I'm sorry!"
 
This is the tenth time we stop our filming because Soneul does not show the perfect expression during our scene together, the one where I kiss her cheek and whisper 'be happy' to her.
 
Some may think that she is just simply nervous because this is the first time we film a music video by ourselved but I don't think it's the main problem here. She has acted as models for other artists' music video before.
 
It's because of me and I know it.
 
The kiss on cheek scene is unpredictable yet we don't have a really good reason to deny it. It's just for a music video and we can't stop the filming just because of our own selfishness.
 
The camera will film me close up so it can capture my lips, mouthing 'be happy' after landing a quick kiss on her cheek. It's simple but I guess both of us are just too nervous.
 
"Can we have five minutes for break?" I raise my hand to catch the director's attention. I grin and tell him that she just needs to cool off first before we start the filming again.
 
The director nods in agreement. He gives her a light warning, telling Soneul that the filming can't continue if we don't finish this one.
 
"Soneul," Yoseob approaches her with a warm smile. "Are you alright?"
 
The girl murmurs softly, "Yes... I'm okay. I just... Sorry..."
 
My heart aches when I look at how Yoseob treats her so lovingly. He pats her head, assuring her that she is just too nervous. I should be the one to comfort her, shouldn't I?
 
"We're just friends."
 
I swear it's my biggest regret to say those words to Soneul. I am the one who cut off our special relationship. If only I realized it sooner, everything would be different now.
 
I clear my throat awkwardly, pretending as if nothing annoys me. I flinch her forehead lightly and encourage her, "If you finish the shoot in one take after this, I'll treat you pizza."
 
Her face beams and she smiles wider, "Really? Pizza? The large size pizza? The one with extra cheese?"
 
"Yes, yes, yes," I laugh at her childish reaction. Pizza is her favorite food and she just can't resist cheese temptation. "One take. Just one take."
 
It will be a lie if I say I'm not happy to see her bright smile when her eyes are looking at me and not someone else. I can feel butterflies are dancing inside of me and it's just...
 
...perfect happiness.
 
 
YEON.
 
I close my eyes as Hyunmi fixes my hair to give it a retouch. I take a deep breath, telling myself that it will be alright. To be exact, it must be done with this final take.
 
I have messed our schedule because I fell sick and I delayed the schedule because of my silly nervousness and it's nothing near good...
 
...but what can you expect when someone like Junhyung is going to kiss your cheek and whisper in your ear? That's really nerve wrecking.
 
Seriously. I mean I can feel his breath on my skin. Ten takes mean he nearly kissed me for ten times and I have no idea how I should react.
 
"Ready?" the director asks us and we answer in unison, getting ready in our positions. He glares at me and I give him a okay sign.
 
My eyes meet with Junhyung's for a second and he whispers one word to remind me with our deal, "Pizza."
 
To be honest I don't need pizza to tell me that I need to finish this filming as soon as possible. However I am indeed happy to know that he tries his best to encourage me.
 
Junhyung always knows how to give support for me and Yoseob. Perhaps it's because he is the oldest member and he has the leader's responsibility.
 
I wonder if he really expresses his care because I'm the youngest member in our group.
 
Thankfully I manage to do my best for the take and the director looks satisfied with my surprise expression. The only thing I had in mind when Junhyung kissed my cheek is I was in the middle of filming with someone else.
 
It helped me somehow. I should act as a professional, right?
 
"Alright, now do it again, Junhyung. Just the part when you whisper 'be happy' to Soneul. We're going to shoot it from different angle, not the close up angle," the director gives us direction for the next take.
 
I sigh in relief, thanking no one for passing the kiss-on-cheek scene. At least the next scenes are not as nerve wrecking as that one.
 
Junhyung gets ready to film the scene again while the cameras are rolling from different angle. I just need to stand still and give a surprise expression when he whispered the words.
 
He leans closer to me and it's enough to make my heart beats faster than usual. He whispers something vividly but, for my surprise, it's not what he needs to say.
 
"I'm sorry."
 
I lift up my gaze with surprise and it's not an act. However the director announces that it's a perfect one take, saying that my expression is flawless so we can continue to next scene.
 
"Jun," I call out his name when everyone is getting ready. "Wha-"
 
"Pizza tomorrow night," he pats my head lightly, making sure that he will not mess my hair. "My treat. I'll keep my promise. Don't worry."
 
With those words, he walks away to continue the filming, leaving me with a pang in heart. After months, the same feeling strikes again.
 
Do I really regret just being friends with Junhyung?
 
 
YANG.
 
"Filming is done! Please look forward for our music video! ^^"
 
I tweet the message for all of our fans, hoping that the will be happy with the news. It's only one month before our comeback and I really hope we can fulfill their expectation.
 
I look up to the night sky and heave a sigh. Today is a really tiring day though I can't fall asleep right away the moment we arrived at our apartment.
 
Junhyung takes his rest as soon as possible. He has to do his own personal schedules tomorrow morning and I can understand that he must be really tired now. The same thing goes to Soneul.
 
Since our comeback is near, she needs to take care of her personal activities before it so her schedules will not clash with each other. She is even busier than Junhyung.
 
The filming was going really good except when Junhyung needed to kiss Soneul's cheek. I looked away from time to time since I couldn't bear to look at them.
 
I don't think jealousy is the right word to describe it since Soneul and I are just friends. It's more like... envy.
 
Junhyung always has everything better than me. A talented composer, a charismatic leader, a caring personality, and a heart that can win Soneul.
 
What do I have to be compared with Junhyung?
 
"Ah, Yoseob," Soneul's voice snaps me back to my senses. I turn around to find her looking to my stand with a smile, "I was looking for you."
 
Since I can't sleep, I decide to take my time at the rooftop, my favorite spot whenever I want to reflect on myself or take my time to think about something. Both Soneul and Junhyung know about where I will go if I'm not in my room or work.
 
Soneul stands next to me and holds the fence, gazing at the night sky, "The stars are twinkling, twinkling!"
 
When I look at her bright smile, I can't help but to think about her and Junhyung again. Even after seven months, I can't push away this feeling easily. Not when three of us are always together.
 
"Soneul," I murmur her name and she just hums as her respond. "Do you... Do you still has feelings for Junhyung?"
 
She looks at me with wide eyes as if she doesn't believe what I just said. She blinks for multiple times before looking away, "Why do you ask such question?"
 
I know I'm not supposed to ask it. I know Junhyung made her cry before. I know it very well. I only can listen to her story. I can't hug her or make her blush like what Junhyung could do.
 
I envy him.
 
"We're just groupmates now," she mumbles, holding the fence with both of her hands. "Even if I do, there is nothing will happen, right?"
 
If only she knows how much I care about her but, here I am, a fool who only stands behind her, supporting her with all I have just to see her sweet smile.
 
Soneul glances at me and gives me a weak smile, "You're a good person, Yoseob. Really. I bet your future girlfriend will be happy."
 
I clench my fists and the next words just come out from my mouth unconsciously.
 
"Will you be happy then?"


__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
This is only a re-upload chapter.
I thought I didn't have the draft so I didn't update this story for a week.
I found the back up file so now I can update it!

Please look forward for the upcoming chapter! ;)