02 Don't You Mind It

The Fool Who Loves You
"No, I thought I saw you again, all of you
Yeah, everything is the same, all I need is you next to me
Living together like nothing was wrong, Yeah
Come to me, I want to tell you that I miss you as I embrace you
 
You, can you live without me?
You, don't you even miss me?
Even if you run into me, don't you feel anything different?
The memories we made together are taunting me again
Even when I am like this, don't you mind it?"
- Don't You Mind It, JS (Hyunseung)
 
 
YONG.
 
"Jun," a familiar voice tries to wake me up as she shakes my shoulder lightly. "Jun, it's morning already. Wake up now, will you?"
 
I open my eyes slightly just to take a peek of the girl who is pouting cutely because I refuse to leave my bed. She starts to puff her cheeks and shakes me again, "Yong Junhyung, wak-"
 
She immediately stops when I cup her left cheek with my left hand to pull her closer as I give a quick kiss on her right cheek. I throw my head back on the pillow with a satisfied smirk, "I'm awake already, Soneul."
 
Soneul touches her blushing cheek, looking away from me. She clears awkwardly, "You shouldn't do that..."
 
My heart aches when I hear her words but I force to let the smile stays still and change the topic, "We're going to attend a radio interview today, aren't we?"
 
Silence gets her because of what I just did. Soneul nods and stands up, heading to the door, "I'll wait outside with Yoseob."
 
She closes the door behind her, leaving me alone in my room. I clench my fists, feeling that my heart is bleeding because of our distant relationship.
 
Even though I've kept telling myself that we're just happened to be two persons in one group, that I'm the group leader who is responsible to take care of her, I still can't forget who I was to her.
 
Does she ever feel the same when we're living everyday together like this?
 
I open the drawer which is next to my bed and take out the small jewelry box I hide from everyone. I hold it in my hand just to make sure that everything is real.
 
"Tsk," I heave a sigh and put it back in the drawer. "What do you think you can do, Yong Junhyung?"
 
Right. I've made the decision. It's not like I didn't agree with the final decision. If I must blame someone, it's me and myself.
 
But, still, those memories can't be erased easily.
 
The fact that she's with me but we're not together is not acceptable for me.
 
 
YEON.
 
I check myself on the mirror for the nth time just to make sure that everything is all good. I smile when I see Yoseob is standing behind me, looking back at my reflection.
 
"Don't give me any comment, Yoseob," I laugh and turn around to face him. "You can't blame me for trying to be perfect as the visual, can you?"
 
He chuckles and ruffles my hair playfully, "Yes, I can't but, just so you know, you're already perfect."
 
Heat creeps to my cheeks because of his sincere compliment. I laugh awkwardly and try to be as calm as possible, "Ah, Junhyung is going to make us late. Where is he?"
 
"I'm not going to make anyone late," Junhyung steps out from his room with his favorite shades. "I'll tell you two about the new track. I just finished it last night."
 
It's amazing how Junhyung can act as if he did nothing just now. My heart even beats faster just when I look at him, thanks to his risky action.
 
"It's alright, Soneul," I murmur to myself as we walk to meet our manager. "There is nothing to worry about."
 
Everything is going to be alright. Just like what I always wanted to be since our trainee days. The only difference is I'm not someone special for him anymore.
 
That's all.
 
Both of us agreed to walk this path. We knew that this is the best decision we could take.
 
Then why do I still feel hurt when I realize how far he is from me even though he is right in front of me?
 
Does he mind about it too?
 
 
YANG.
 
"Radio interview is done and...," Hyunjoo looks at us with a teasing smirk. "Congratulations! You have your free time until five today!"
 
"Hooray!" I pretend to throw something to the air. I exchange grins with Junhyung before I flash a smile to Soneul. "I need to sleep!"
 
"Sleep?" Soneul raises her eyebrow. "You're just going to spend your free time with sleeping, Yang Yoseob? Oh, come on, where is your spirit to enjoy the sunshine?"
 
Junhyung laughs happily and pats her head, "You sound like an old grandmother who tells her grandchildren to play outside. All of us need rest, don't we?"
 
The maknae of our group just pouts. I know she really wants to go outside instead of staying inside of the apartment since we rarely have time to enjoy the moments out from our apartment except for work.
 
"Why don't we go to the mall?" I suggest and it's good to see Soneul's face beams. She smiles and nods quickly as her agreement with my idea.
 
Junhyung raises his hand and says, "I'll pass then. I need to finish another track that our CEO requested two days ago. I'll wait for you two in the apartment then."
 
For a second, I'm sure that Soneul's smile vanishes but she quickly puts up a fake smile to hide it, "Work hard, our leader! We'll return as soon as possible to help you then!"
 
"Don't make any trouble," Junhyung warns me, acting to be a strict leader which he immediately fails with since he laughs afterwards. "Call me if you need anything."
 
"I need money!" Soneul suddenly dashes towards him with a big grin. "Papa, I want to buy snacks!"
 
Junhyung lets out a happy laughter and pinches her cheeks as his answer, "Papa doesn't have money for you. Don't eat too much or you're going to have diet!"
 
"I don't need to!" Soneul complaints and sticks out her tongue to him. She turns to me to ask for support, "Right, Yoseob?"
 
I just smile to them, a sign that I'll agree with whatever she says. After a while, both of Soneul and I walk out from the building and bid goodbye with Junhyung who heads back to our apartment to do his work.
 
Soneul tucks her hands inside of the pockets, walking with a bright smile on her face. We have used our disguise equipments, which are not really effective, since we're not famous enough yet in my opinion.
 
However it's a must to hide our identities because it's actually dangerous for Soneul to go alone with me...
 
...but Junhyung actually let us go together.
 
He knows for sure that I don't see Soneul as only a groupmate.
 
Doesn't he mind about my feeling for her?