13 It's Me

The Fool Who Loves You
"This love story is only for you to hear
A story about how I loved only one person
Keep it for yourself
This love that no one knows about
It's me
I'm singing this love song only for you
A song that can be heard only by you
It's me who will always sing you this love song
For only you"
- It's Me, Sunny & Luna
 
 
YANG.
 
"And we are...," I smile widely to the camera along with my two groupmates, "...the one and only YYY! See you again next week!"
 
I bow in ninety degrees before straightening my body again, clapping with excitement since the filming has finished. I thank the staffs who have worked really hard during the filming.
 
"Thank you," the visual of our group does the same, giving a beautiful smile to everyone she meets. She doesn't even bother to take off the crown on her head first. "Thank you very much."
 
I smile secretly upon her acts, thinking that I indeed have fallen in love for the right person. Or at least I want to believe it that way.
 
A week has passed since the night Soneul accepted my feeling. She didn't say a word of agreeing to be my girlfriend but I guess I could take it as a 'yes' confidently from her kiss.
 
Meanwhile our work is going well along with our preparation for comeback stages. We're just two weeks away from them and I'm quite satisfied with our conditions right now.
 
Well, at least I do. Soneul lets me love her and everything turns out to be better. At first I think Junhyung and Soneul had some problems after the pizza incident but looks like they have talked about it.
 
However I don't say a word about my confession to Junhyung. I guess Soneul doesn't tell him either since Junhyung talks none about it. I wonder if it's alright if I keep it for ourselves now.
 
It's not that I want to keep it as a secret but our busy schedule has kept us away from talking heart-to-heart. Love calls keep coming and, even though our manager has selected them carefully, we're still busy till midnight.
 
"Yo," Junhyung taps my shoulder and smiles warmly. "Good job, main vocal."
 
Today we finally succeed in filming our very first episode for the new variety show. The concept has been finalized and the first episode will be aired after our second comeback stage.
 
Every week there will be three new challenges we need to work on. The challenges come from our fans within letters and we pick them randomly days before the challenge stage starts. Since there are only three of us, the show will also invite one or two guest stars every week.
 
This week we have Gikwang and Hoya, two of the idol best dancers out there. The reason why they're chosen is there is a dance challenge among the three challenges we have picked.
 
Another challenge is cooking and reading poetry. After the attempts, Soneul won two out of the three challenges since she couldn't win me from cooking challenge.
 
Both Gikwang and Hoya have returned right after the filming since they have their own schedules to catch up with.
 
"Hey, Princess," I approach Soneul and ruffle her hair playfully. "Congratulations for your first win. Don't worry. I will win next week."
 
She giggles and teases me, "In your dream! I will not lose from you!"
 
I just laugh at her but I immediately realize that someone is staring at me. I turn around to find Junhyung is looking back at me. He quickly looks away but I know what he is thinking.
 
That kind of reaction. I did it for almost everyday after YYY was formed. I always glanced at Junhyung and Soneul whenever they're together, thinking if I could ever receive the lovely smile from Soneul.
 
When Junhyung or Soneul realized it, I would quickly look away, pretending to be busy with myself. It's awkward but I just couldn't help it.
 
I have recognized it for the past two weeks but I never really wanted to talk about it. Maybe it's just my feeling or else; it's not right to judge him with uncertainty, isn't it?
 
But if my intuition is right... does Junhyung have serious feeling for Soneul as well?
 
"Ah, right," Soneul suddenly clasps her hands and rushes to me. She tiptoes and whispers to my right ear, "Meet me at the rooftop at eleven."
 
She takes a step backward and gives me a cute expression, biting her bottom lip shyly. Soneul walks away to find her stylist while I just stand with uncontrollable heartbeat.
 
"Yeon Soneul," I cover my mouth in disbelief. "Do you have any idea what you just did to my poor heart?"
 
The answer is no.
 
Soneul definitely has no idea that every little thing she does can make my heart races. It's obvious when I finally meet her at eleven, just like what she asked me to.
 
When I push open the door to the rooftop, I see a figure dancing alone with earphone plugged in her ears. She moves slowly but sure, showing her skillful slow dances under the moonlight.
 
Her eyes are closed so she doesn't notice my presence at all. I take step by step closer to her until I'm just inches away from her stand.
 
She reaches out her hand to me as if she wants to reach something, as if she knows that I'm standing in front of her, when she doesn't.
 
I take her hand and she opens her eyes in surprise. Before she can say a word, I pull her closer to me, embracing her hand gently, "Our main dancer is working hard, eh?"
 
"I always am," she retorts without pulling away from me. Instead she rests her head on my chest comfortably, "Besides our main vocal shines even brighter than me."
 
"Do I?" I pat her head and take a good look of her face. I poke her nose lightly and smile, "You have no idea how I envy your dance skills, don't you, Soneul?"
 
She shakes her head while keep holding on my hand, "No, I don't. All I know is you're better than me in variety shows and singing. The same way I know Junhyung is better than me in rapping and composing. Ah, you two are so good."
 
Though she said it with a smile, I know that she is pretty serious. As her groupmate, somehow I understand her feeling because I feel exactly the same.
 
I wonder if the other idols who work in groups also think the same. I always come up with thoughts that I am not better than Soneul and Junhyung, the exactly same reason why I keep working harder than ever.
 
Junhyung is well known as a good composer, great rapper, and respectful leader. Soneul is famous for her powerful and charming dance plus her acting skills.
 
What about me? I'm not a good looking guy. I'm not really great in dancing either. I can't compose song naturally. All I have is my voice.
 
"But...," she suddenly states with a cute eye smile, "...I'm lucky to be with YYY. It's one of my greatest happiness ever."
 
My lips turn into a curve when I hear her honest words. I intertwine our fingers together and tucks her long hair behind her ear, "And I'm the luckiest guy ever to hold your hand like this."
 
Her cheeks turn into pink but I don't stop there, "To receive your smile. To see you everyday. To know that you're alright. To tell you a million times that I love you."
 
The words flow just like that. I don't even arrange it first in my brain.
 
"It's me...," I trail her hair with my fingers and finally kiss the tip of her hair, "...who must be grateful to meet you, my Princess."
 
Our eyes meet and none of us says a word until I lean closer to her, narrowing the distance with us by pressing my lips on hers gently, the first kiss I share with her after one week.
 
Everything is perfect.
 
Too perfect that we don't even realize that someone is actually there with us at the rooftop.