18 Going Crazy

The Fool Who Loves You
"Don't say it's obsession, you don't know love
Don't say I'm crazy, you don't know my heart
 
Have you gone crazy?
Why are you being like this?
Please stop now and leave me alone
Seeing you suffocates me
Please disappear from my sight
 
Cut the crap
Get a hold of yourself and stop this
Let me go now"
(Going Crazy, Song Jieun ft. Bang Yongguk)
 
 
YEON.
 
My head aches. I can feel that my hands are still tied behind my back. As much as I don't want to open my eyes, hoping what I experienced before I lost my consciousness is just a bad nightmare, I feel that something is wrong.
 
Opening my eyes slowly, the first thing I notice is the person who sits in front of me holding a scissor. He notices that I have gained my consciousness, "Good morning, Soneul, our sleeping beauty."
 
Hyunjoo puts down the scissor on floor before standing up and walks to me with a bottle of water in hand. He squats down and opens the bottle, putting it close to my lips, "Here. Your lips are dry. Hyunmi always told me to give you drink when that happened."
 
I purse my lips despite the fact that I'm really thirsty. I'm sick with all of these already. I don't know what time it is now, I don't know how many days have passed, I don't know where I am, and I don't know why Hyunjoo does this to me.
 
He feeds me from time to time, giving me water just like now, and let me to use the abandoned restroom; he uses the rope to tie our hands just to make sure I will not run away.
 
Actually I do think about running away but I don't. Because his threat is nothing that I can shrug away without second thought.
 
"Fine," he sighs and straightens his body again. He looks at me with expresionless face, "You know that I will let you go if you tell me that you will stay away from Yoseob."
 
"The same way you will do something bad to him if I run away," I clear my dry throat, fighting back the hunger and thirst. "You can't decide who he will be with. That's why I will not tell you what you want."
 
My eyes fall to the hair on floor. My hair. That's why I feel something is missing. Hyunjoo actually cut my hair with the scissor, turning it into a mess. I don't even know how I look now.
 
"Is it that difficult to say that?!" Hyunjoo raises his voice. "I've told you! Hyunmi loves him and you just need to stay away, let them be together! You are tortured here! You lost your hair and- Damn it, Soneul!"
 
He throws the bottle with anger but I just stay still, keeping the silence and calmness as my shield. He is extremely mad now. He loses his patience already since our last conversation.
 
Instead of crying and begging him to let me go, I retorted every single statement from him, without showing a sign that I would give up on his irrational desire.
 
It feels hurt to know that I lost my long hair, one thing that I always be proud of, but I'm not going to show my weak side to Hyunjoo. Call me stubborn but if I give up now, there is no guarantee that he will not do anything to Yoseob.
 
To be honest I have no idea how I can escape this situation. I just want to keep YYY from trouble; perhaps if they find me first... I just need to buy more time.
 
If I could.
 
"You're out of your mind," I choose to say, sitting up so I can look straight at him. "Stop this. Hyunmi will never want this to happen."
 
"Are you saying that I'm crazy?" he whispers, almost inaudible. "You don't even know what I want. I just want my sister to be happy. You have everything, Soneul. Why don't you just give up on Yoseob?!"
 
"He is not a choice to begin with!" I grit my teeth, running out of my patience as well. "Why are you being like this, Hyunjoo Oppa? We're partners, aren't we? We-"
 
I don't manage to continue persuading him. The sound of banging door and familiar voice snap us to our senses.
 
"Soneul! Soneul! Are you here?" the voice of my leader echoes.
 
"Hyung! Hyunjoo Hyung!"
 
Yoseob.
 
Instead of worrying that he will be caught red-handed, Hyunjoo actually smiles, "Well, well, look who are here, Soneul."
 
I quickly scan the whole room and see a black plastic gasoline container.
 
Crap.
 
 
YONG.
 
We drive to the orphanage along with Hyunmi. The only one who talks on our way is Hyunmi, telling us about her past with her twin brother. I did get a point somehow after Yoseob told me that he had a hint where Soneul might be.
 
Hyunjoo kidnaps Soneul for her. Because Hyunmi cares for Yoseob too much. She loves him and... Don't tell me Hyunjoo actually listened to my conversation with Soneul, when she told me that her heart only beat for Yoseob now.
 
If it's true... If I didn't bring up the topic, she would be alright now.
 
"Here!" Hyunmi gives us the sign to stop. The car immediately stops right in front of an old building. She steps out and push opens the rusty gate, "They must be here. The lock is broken."
 
Without saying another word, I walk inside, calling out the name that has been in my mind every day and night, "Soneul! Soneul! Are you here?"
 
Yoseob walks pass me and calls another name instead of Soneul, which makes me suprised, "Hyung! Hyunjoo Hyung!"
 
I frown with confusion but my instinct is telling me to find Soneul first. I smell something strange but I ignore it; perhaps because the building is too old. We take the stairs and look for them, from room to room, but they are empty.
 
"The leader is here."
 
I stop and turn around. Yoseob does the same and we're looking at Hyunjoo, standing alone without guilt, "Looking for your visual, right? She is defin-"
 
Rage fills my mind. I fasten my pace and grab his collar, slamming him to the wall behind, "Damn it! Are you crazy?! Where is Soneul?!"
 
"Jun! Run!"
 
My eyes widen upon recognizing the voice. I loosen my grip on Hyunjoo. Soneul just stepped out from the room at the end of the corridor, the one we haven't checked yet. Her hands are tied behind and her face is pale.
 
"Leave now!" Soneul shouts at me and Yoseob. "He has put gasoline all around the house! Run!"
 
What?
 
Yoseob runs to her side and takes her hand, "We're not leaving without you. Junhyung! Come on! You heard her!"
 
That's when I regret my decision to let go of Hyunsoo. I should have knocked him down first... but I don't.
 
He takes out a lighter from his pocket when we're almost reached the staircase. He turns the lighter on  to show us the fire.
 
"Too late, kids."