17 Twins

The Fool Who Loves You
"The hidden shadow of my heart
Puts me in the uncomfortable darkness
I don’t really understand, there’s only more pain
 
You can’t do this fight because
You’re weak
Have you already forgotten?
 
Nothing seems to be clear
I’ll fight until the end
Reason is I’m alive"
- Twins (Knock Out), Super Junior 05
 
 
They were siblings with loving parents but Hyunjoo and Hyunmi lost them during the accident when they're still little kids. They went to a small orphanage when the world seemed nothing but loneliness anymore for them.
 
Hyunmi was his only family now so Hyunjoo wanted to protect her. The protective side turned into an abnormal sister complex as time passed by.
 
Hyunjoo was a brilliant person. He was smart and he would do everything for his sister's happiness. Therefore he would do his best to build the best image so both of them could enjoy a good life.
 
Year by year and he finally entered the entertainment industry. Thanks to his great management and public speaking skill, Hyunjoo managed to be a manager for the new idol group, YYY.
 
When the young idols introduced themselves, he believed that this was a great path he had taken. He found a way to make Hyunmi joined him in entertainment world as the fashion stylist for YYY.
 
He finally believed he had done the best, like what their parents would do if they're still alive.
 
 
* * *
 
 
"Don't you think that Yoseob is really good looking?" Hyunmi suddenly started a conversation when they had a free day.
 
Hyunjoo stopped eating and tilted his head slightly, examining his sister's giggling, "Yoseob? Girls usually choose Junhyung over him, you know."
 
"But Yoseob is cute," Hyunmi admitted shyly and showed an awkward grin. "Ah, isn't Soneul a lucky girl?"
 
"What?" Hyunjoo raised his eyebrow, teasing her on purpose. "Ah, is our Kim Hyunmi falling in love with the owner of angelic voice, Yang Yoseob?"
 
Hyunmi pouted cutely and whined, "Yah, Oppa! Don't mention it like that! I'm embarassed! You should keep it as a secret! He will not return my feeling anyway..."
 
Her brother patted her head and cheered her up, "Don't worry. Your twin brother is reliable. Besides who will not say 'no' to you, Hyunmi?"
 
That's what he believed in. If Hyunmi wanted to be with Yoseob, then time would turn Yoseob to her. If time didn't allow it, then he would do it for her.
 
Never once he thought that he should use his own hands to fulfill what Hyunmi's heart wanted.
 
 
* * *
 
 
"Change it," Hyunjoo stated calmly when the script was going to be finalized. It's the script for the upcoming music video where YYY would be the main casts. "Fans will love more if there is skinship."
 
Knowing that fans usually made rumors between Junhyung and Soneul, Hyunjoo thought it's a good idea; at least Soneul and Yoseob would not be together.
 
"How aboout kiss on cheek?" he suggested to the staffs, gaining attention in instance. "Don't worry. I'll talk to them. They will take it professionally."
 
No one would notice what his true intention was. Slowly but sure he would draw distance between Soneul and Yoseob.
 
If it's the only way, then Junhyung would be his ultimate choice to reduce the possibility of the main vocal and visual together.
 
 
* * *
 
 
The filming for YYY's new variety show had finished. This time Hyunjoo watched Soneul with awareness, noticing that she looked really close to Yoseob lately.
 
It's Hyunmi who noticed it first. She asked her twin brother if it's possible for Yoseob and Soneul to get together despite being in one group. Hyunjoo convinced her that it's not possible but, deep inside, he didn't know.
 
Little did they know, Hyunjoo heard Soneul whispered about the meeting at the rooftop. He went there before the time and hid himself well enough, studying about what happened.
 
Rage filled his heart when he saw Yoseob and Soneul shared a kiss. He wanted to separate them but he held back, thinking of a plan while hiding everything in self.
 
"Hyunmi, tell me, what if Yoseob and Soneul are really together?" Hyunjoo asked out of the blue. His twin sister's answer would be the decision.
 
Hyunmi, who didn't take the question seriously, didn't see the serious gaze in Hyunjoo's eyes. She just shrugged it off easily, "Then you need to get rid of Soneul for me then. So I can have Yoseob for me."
 
She had no idea what she just said had changed Hyunjoo's mind.
 
Once he had confirmed that Soneul was really with Yoseob, then he would do something for his twin sister.
 
 
* * *
 
 
The manager just returned from buying snacks for the visual and leader. That's when he listened to the secret conversation.
 
"But I don't love you anymore," the girl answered slowly. "I can't, Jun. We're not... My heart has stopped beating for you."
 
Being the smart person he was, Hyunsoo understood that there was once something between Junhyung and Soneul. Especially when Junhyung asked her, "Then for whom does your heart beat now?"
 
"Yoseob."
 
That one name she gave as an answer had let the dark side of Hyunjoo to consume him.
 
"Hyunmi should never know about it," he whispered to himself, hiding from the sigh until Junhyung left the meeting room. "I should get rid of Soneul... for Hyunmi."
 
Therefore, with the clouded judgement, he entered the meeting room, along with the handkerchief which he had filled with anaesthetic, enough to make Soneul lost her consciousness.
 
When the girl fainted, he knew that he needed to do something more. He dragged her to the old orphanage, tied her while thinking of another plan.
 
Another dangerous plan so she would never get on his sister's way to Yoseob.
 
 
* * *
 
 
Hyunsoo stares at Soneul with the scissor in his hand. There is no smile on his face though he has caused the lady's hair into a mess last night.
 
Her long hair is scattered here and there. Her beautiful black hair only reaches her shoulder now. She was knocked out of her consciousness hours ago after Hyunjoo gave her another dose of anaesthetic.
 
He is not satisfied because Soneul doesn't beg her to release her. She doesn't say the words of giving up on Yoseob so she can be safe.
 
"Let's see how long you can endure this, Soneul," Hyunsoo whispers to no one. "You're going to give up on him..."
 
"...sooner or later."
 
 
__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Is the explanation enough in the chapter?
Please do tell me if you still feel something is missing and I will try my best to fix it!
 
Thank you. :)