07 Cool and Natural

The Fool Who Loves You
"When you were here with me, I didn't know how special you were
I'm sorry for making you hurt so much
Confidently I tried to erase you like it was an usual thing
But I end up missing you more
 
I'll be missing you every time
And I will pray for you every night
Even though I try to fool myself like it was nothing
My painful heart shakes without me knowing
Nothing is everything"
- Cool and Natural, 4minute
 
 
YEON.
 
"Soneul!" Kim Hyunmi, our personal fashion stylist greets me with excitement. She rushes and hugs me, "I heard you was in hospital two days ago! Are you alright now?"
 
I nod and smile to assure her that I'm completely alright now, "I was just too tired. Don't worry. I'll definitely do my best for today."
 
"And I will make you the most beautiful girl for today!" she winks and turns to the two guys who stand next to me. "Junhyung! Yoseob! Handsome and charming as always!"
 
"Our coordi noona is cheerful as always," Yoseob grins and bows politely. "We'll look for your magic touch again today, Hyunmi Noona."
 
Junhyung also bows to her and we proceed to start with the briefing for our music video filming.
 
The music video of our title track, 'Be Happy', will be starred by ourselves. Our agency thinks that it will be the best to show our skills in acting instead of hiring actor and actress for it.
 
We have agreed with the script, telling about an unconditional love of a guy who wishes nothing but happiness for the girl he loves.
 
The plot is pretty simple but the twist in the end of the music video is what going to leave the fans ask for continuation.
 
Since I'm the only girl in the group, I will play the lucky girl who is loved by two guys at the same time. Junhyung is the guy who lets me go without even confessing his feeling first.
 
In the end of the music video, after Yoseob proposes to me, I will open a photo album alone, revealing pictures of Junhyung and I since we're best friends, a sign that I actually have special feeling for him.
 
The story line is really good. It's just me who is afraid that I will be distracted during the filming.
 
As much as I can be a professional, the fact that I'm once really close with Junhyung doesn't make it any easier.
 
"Here," Yoseob hands the script book to me before our stylists work their charms on us. "They said there are some slight changes."
 
I thank him and start to read the script book while my hair is being styled carefully. Hyunmi's assistant makes sure that my hair is good enough before she combs it carefully.
 
"Junhyung tucks Soneul's hair behind her ear and kisses her cheek. He whispers 'be happy' to her."
 
My eyes widen in shock when I read those lines. I drop my jaw and mutter out loud, "What?!"
 
This is not in the last script we have agreed on!
 
 
YANG.
 
"What?!" I hear Soneul gasps in shock when I was reading the part where I need to choose a flower bouquet for Soneul, causing her stylist to pull the comb away quickly.

Her stylist quickly apologizes to her with panic, "I-I'm sorry! Is it hurt?"
 
I turn to her who quickly tells the stylist that it's alright. Soneul returns her gaze to the script and she looks really surprised. She mumbles about something but I can't hear it clearly.
 
Is something wrong with the script?
 
The story line for our new music video is actually a heartbreaking love story. It tells about giving up your love for her happiness, an unconditional love to give without taking.
 
Junhyung is the man who loves Soneul so much but he doesn't heave the courage to confess. Meanwhile I make the first move and she returns my feeling. Despite all of that, in the end, it is revealed that she actually has feeling for Junhyung as well.
 
A bitter smile forms on my lips since it somehow reflect the real life. The only different is Junhyung's feeling and my coward attitude.
 
I don't have the courage to confess my feeling to Soneul, knowing that our relationship can be awkward yet we must meet each other for almost everyday.
 
"Soneul gasps in surprise when Yoseob gives her the flower bouquet. A tear escapes her eyes and she gives him a hug."
 
A hug.
 
I can feel my cheeks start to blush just by thinking about the scene. It's just an act, I know, but I can't help but to think I will be really nervous.
 
Our last MV shows no story line. It's just a dance music video so there is nothing I needed to worry about but this is different.
 
"This is not the script we agreed on," I snap back to my senses when Soneul has done with her make up. She is talking to Hyunsoo with anxiety. "How can I film this script?"
 
"It's just a slight change," our manager retorts with small laughter. "It's not a big deal, right? You've done this before for the magazine shoot with an actor, Soneul."
 
"But I-" Soneul stops and heaves a sigh. She looks away with frustrated look. "He will not agree with it. He must be."
 
When Hyunmi confirms that I'm done, I stand up and walk to her, "What's wrong, Soneul?"
 
She doesn't answer me. She shakes her head and forces a smile, "It's nothing... I'm sorry."
 
I look at Hyunsoo and tilt my head, "Is something wrong, Hyung?"
 
"She is overreacting sometimes," he laughs and tells me the surprising answer. "It's just she will have a scene where Junhyung kisses her cheek. That's all."
 
My jaw drops in instance when I hear his answer.
 
That's all?
 
 
YONG.
 
"Is something wrong, Hyung?" Yoseob asks Hyunsoo with confusion and so do I. I really want to know why Soneul suddenly acted so strange.
 
I haven't even finished reading the script because I had a hair cut first to make my appearance more suitable for this music video. When Yoseob left his seat, I started to wonder about what was happening.
 
"She is overreacting sometimes," Hyunsoo laughs as if it's nothing important. "It's just she will have a scene where Junhyung kisses her cheek. That's all."
 
What? Did I just hear what I think I just hears? I will kiss Soneul's cheek?
 
I flip open the script book and read the lines in instance. I finally find the lines where I must kiss her cheek and whisper 'be happy' to Soneul.
 
This is not supposed to be in the script. Or at least I think so.
 
"Is it necessary?" I interrupt and have their attention on me. I clear my throat awkwardly, "The fans will go crazy, you know."
 
I put my hand on Soneul's head and grin, "Especially her fans. They will kill me for sure."
 
"Before that can happen, your fans will kill me first," she sticks out her tongue and pulls away from me. "Hyunsoo Oppa, I-"
 
"Soneul, you act like it's a really big deal now," Hyunsoo raises his eyebrow. "It's not a kiss on lips, okay? You've done it for magazine shoot before so what's with the complaint now?"
 
Soneul opens but close it again. I look at her troubled face and, ironically, I feel like someone just stabbed me with an imaginary knife; does she want to draw distance with me so much?
 
It's ironic how I realize that maybe I've hurt her when she was with me. I try to act cool, to pretend that everything is just the way it is but the more I try to pretend as if it's nothing, the more I can't stop thinking about her.
 
"Fine, fine," Soneul sighs and walks away. "Let's start now."
 
My heart aches when I see Yoseob approaches her. After a while Soneul's lips turn into a curve as she smiles sweetly to Yoseob.
 
No matter how many times I tell myself that our past relationship is nothing but a silly game, I know it's everything I want right now.