16 Pray

The Fool Who Loves You
"I’m sincerely praying, listen to the song
And the answer makes me cry again
 
Hold me and fly with me, let’s fly freely
I can’t catch you floating
I can’t hold on to you
Trying to live for just one more day
I bite down on my lips
No, no, no, don’t fade away right now
 
Save me from broken time"
- Pray, Sunny Hill
 
 
YONG.
 
I stare out through the window as if the raindrops are the most interesting things to look at. My hands hold the phone just to make sure it will not disappear, still wishing it will vibrate and I will see that one name on the screen.
 
The clock just strikes eight in the morning but it surely doesn't look like a good start of the day. At least it's not for me unless I receive a good news that I'm dying to hear for the past three days.
 
Resting my head on the window, I close my eyes as my heart aches in pain, thinking about how Soneul is doing now. She is alright, isn't she?
 
This is the third day since Soneul disappeared to nowhere with our manager. To put it more specific, it's the third day since Soneul is kidnapped by Kim Hyunsoo, our one and only manager.
 
Sounds crazy but I have no other idea unless it's just a great coincidence that we can't contact both Soneul and Hyunsoo up till this moment.
 
I didn't sleep that night, trying to do whatever I could to find her but it's futile. Polices were called and Soneul's parents can't stay still but to worry sick, wishing for nothing but their daughter's safety.
 
Our schedules are cancelled and rumors start to spread around but our agency made an official statement that we're taking a break for a moment before the fanmeeting.
 
There is no good in causing panic between public. I know but I really want to shout and curse Hyunjoo, to tell him that Soneul must return safely or...
 
I don't know. I can't think of anything. It feels like brain is dead. My head and heart both are hurting.
 
If something bad happens to Soneul, I will never forget myself. If only I didn't say anything to her, if I held back my feeling, I would still stay with her and she would be alright.
 
"Junhyung?" Yoseob's voice echoes and I open my eyes to find my main vocal is looking at me with concern. "Are you alright?"
 
How could I be alright? Why does he look fine? Why do I feel like punching him?
 
"What?" that's the only word that slips out from my lips as I try to hold back my overflowing emotion; Yoseob has done nothing wrong and I'm not supposed to blame him.
 
"I'm going to see Hyunmi again, in case she will tell us more today. You...," he stops and I know he is waiting for my reaction, especially after what I did two days ago.
 
We're at the police station, demanding an answer from Hyunmi after the phone call Yoseob gave to her. Her words were strange and I knew she had something to do with Soneul's disappearance.
 
After ten minutes of silence, I ran out of patience. I slammed the table with my palm and raised my tone intentionally, causing her to flinch from her seat.
 
"Yah, Kim Hyunmi! Why don't you answer?! Where is your brother? I swear if he dare to touch Soneul, I wil-"
 
"Junhyung!" Yoseob quickly drags me away from our personal fashion stylist before I could throw more tantrum. "Control yourself!"
 
My eyes widened in disbelief, "Her crazy brother kidnapped Soneul! Do you think Soneul will run away like this?! What's in your head, Yoseob?!"
 
The main vocalist didn't throw words back at me. His eyes showed no anger but I could see that he tried to warn me to hold back with the serious gaze so I did.
 
It turned out that Hyunmi nearly fainted afterwards and we got nothing for the night. Yesterday I decided to let Yoseob meet her personally but, according to the police, she still refused to say anything.
 
"I'll stay," I tell him and tuck my hands in the pockets. "Call me once you get anything. I'll be in the recording room to try and write something."
 
I close my eyes and pray that Soneul is alright. She must be.
 
 
YANG.
 
Intertwining my fingers, I look at the girl who sits in front of me but keeps avoiding eye contact. She looks scared even though I just greeted her normally.
 
"Hyunmi," I call out her name and smile. "I'm sorry but I really, really  need your help. Just like how you always help us with your amazing style opinions. Hyunmi, aren't we friends?"
 
At first I think she will keep her words for self but she eventually speaks something, "I... Hyunjoo Oppa... I never thought he would be serious about doing whatever for me..."
 
I feel really sleepy after two nights without a good sleep that I can faint but, listening to Hyunmi now, my concentration returns immediately. I must get an answer today.
 
It may seem that I still can keep calm but, in fact, I'm not. I had the urge to punch the wall when Hyunmi didn't say a word. I wanted to shout to the world so somebody would tell me where Soneul is but it would do no good.
 
I always saw Hyunjoo and Hyunmi as good friends instead of a manager and personal stylist. Knowing that they're siblings from the very first day when Hyunmi started to work for us, I thought it was a good idea.
 
What is it? Is Hyunjoo apparently crazy about Soneul for months and we knew nothing? What does he want from her?
 
"It's... Please don't blame him...," a tear rolls down on Hyunmi's cheek. "My brother just loves me too much... H-H-He knows that I really care about you, Yoseob..."
 
"Last week he asked what if you... What if you and Soneul were together... I thought... I thought it's just a joke so I said that he needed to get rid of Soneul if that happened... I didn't think it's serious! I-I-I'm sorry, Yoseob... I..."
 
I stand up as I realize that this is all happened because of...
 
...me.
 
"Hyunmi," I rush to her side and hold her shoulders firmly. "Do you have any idea where Hyunjoo Hyung probably is right now? Think of anything. Anything will do. Please."
 
Hyunmi shakes her head and she sobs uncontrollably, "I-I-I don't know... He didn't say anything. He just said that I didn't need to worry about Soneul anymore... I-I don't..."
 
I bend down on my knee and hold her hands as my heart aches so bad that it feels like someone is ripping it from inside, "Please, Hyunmi... If Soneul... I'll do anything to save both Soneul and your brother... So please..."
 
I am helpless. How can I find them when they could be wherever?
 
"Orphanage...," Hyunmi whispers and I look up at her. "Maybe Oppa is at our old orphanage... We used to stay there before... But it's closed now!"
 
"Where is it?" I ask her quickly. There is a possibility that it's wrong but it's our only clue now.
 
After Hyunmi tells me the location, without wasting another second, I stand up and mumble 'thank you' before taking out my phone to give a call for Junhyung.
 
It's already the third day and God only knows what Hyunjoo has done.
 
Dear God, I'm sincerely praying, please, keep Soneul safe.


__________



Author's Note:

If you're wondering about who Kim Hyunjoo and Kim Hyunmi are, I will give quick explanation here. :D

Kim Hyunjoo is YYY's manager and Kim Hyunmi is their personal fashions stylist.
Both of them appeared in the previous chapters.
As for the explanation, it will be written down on next chapter so... please stay tune. ;)