01 Fool

The Fool Who Loves You
"I'm a fool, I'm a fool who only sees you
I love you
No matter what anyone says or teases, I will be a fool who only sees you
I'm a fool, I'm a fool who only sees you
Hold my hand, hug me
I'm a fool who only sees you"
- Fool, Juniel ft. Jung Yonghwa
 
 
YEON.
 
I look out through the window, waving to the crowd who are screaming with excitement, jumping up and down to have our attention, squealing with extra happiness.
 
"Finally one day is over," I heave a sigh and lean comfortably to the car seat.
 
As a member who is in charge for the visual of an idol group, I must keep a bright smile on and off stage and it's kind of difficult because I'm really tired today.
 
Since our group's popularity has increased rapidly ever since we won the Best Newcomer Award, we received many love calls for radio interviews, variety shows, drama soundtrack, and commercials.
 
Of course we're happy but I slowly reach my limit for overworking myself. I only sleep three till four hours a night since my schedule is really packed up nowadays.
 
"You still have to attend a meeting for upcoming magazine photo session, Soneul," Kim Hyunjoo, our manager who is driving behind the steering wheel, reminds me calmly. "We have postponed it since last week, remember?"
 
"Eh?" I straighten my body and turn to him with disbelief. I still have a schedule after this?! "Oh, yeah, the magazine photo session. I forgot..."
 
Being an idol is my dream ever since I became a trainee four years ago. Dance is my passion and I really enjoy my job even though, I must admit, idol life is not all about fame and glamour.
 
Everyday I must remember that I'm a public figure, meaning I can't do anything reckless. I can't risk my group to fall just because of my selfishness.
 
Don't get the wrong idea. I love my group. I love my fans. I love my life.
 
Especially because I can be with him.
 
 
YONG.
 
"Soneul," Hyunjoo calls the maknae of my group when she is discussing about the concept of our future mini album with Yoseob. "It's time."
 
"Oh," she glances at her wristwatch before asking another five minutes from our manager so she can finish her discussion with Yoseob.
 
I return my gaze to the screen of my Macbook to continue the half-done track I need to finish. It will be the ballad track for a drama soundtrack and YYY will sing it.
 
It's 9 PM already but Soneul is still busy with her individual activities. Actually all of us are busy with our own schedules since we have different activities.
 
While I am busy with composing, Yoseob receives invitation to participate in drama soundtrack and variety shows. Soneul, as our visual and the only girl in our group, needs to star in many commercials and appears in various magazines.
 
"We'll continue later," Soneul stands up and quickly walks out from the apartment, following Hyunjoo from behind to catch up with her schedule.
 
"Ah," I put down my Macbook and storm out from the apartment. "Soneul!"
 
She stops her step and turns around to face me, "Yes?"
 
I smile and pat her head gently, "Don't force yourself if you can't. Your health is important too, you know."
 
Soneul smiles sweetly and retorts, "I know. That goes to you and Yoseob as well. Don't worry. I'll be alright."
 
She bids goodbye to me and rushes to the elevator, where our manager is waiting for her. I wave to her and Hyunjoo before finally return to my apartment, the one I share with Yoseob.
 
I guess I worry too much about her again. Me and my overprotective leader instinct.
 
 
YANG.
 
"Midnight and I'm still wide awake! Anyone else? ^^"
 
I tweet it along with a picture of night sky I just took with my phone camera. The view from this rooftop is the best and I want to share it with my fans.
 
The day almost changes since it's already 11 PM but I still can't sleep yet. I'm tired but I have a lot of thought in mind so I can barely sleep at this time.
 
Besides Soneul hasn't returned yet from her schedule. I wonder what took her so long at the meeting.
 
I sit down, resting my back against the fence. I look up at the night sky, admiring the beautiful view. The sky is so clear tonight that I can see the twinkling stars.
 
"I know you're here."
 
Soneul closes the door behind her and walks to me with a wide smile. She stops right in front of me and tilts her head, "It's almost midnight, you know."
 
"I know," I chuckle and look back at her with amusement. "How's the meeting?"
 
"So so," she shrugs and then sits right next to me. She hugs her knees, resting her chin on them. "There will be a photo session in three days."
 
She looks really tired but she never fails to look attractive. She always does her best as the visual of YYY and I really respect her for that.
 
"Oh, a shooting star!" she suddenly exclaims, pointing to the sky. I look at where she is pointing at but I see nothing. Soneul intertwines her fingers and closes her eyes as if she is praying.
 
After seconds of silence, she opens her eyes and grins, "You must think that it's only a fool who believes in making a wish upon a star."
 
"No," I ruffle her hair playfully, smiling at her innocent reaction. "It's alright to be a fool sometimes. We're allowed to dream and wish for whatever we want, aren't we?"
 
Just like what I'm doing now, wishing for a love, looking at only one person.
 
I'm really a fool, aren't I?