23 Yesterday

The Fool Who Loves You
"The memories are leaving me
All day I stand here waiting for you
All you need to do is come, I will throw everything away
Where are you?
 
The day I long for, the passed by yesterday
You are getting farther away from me
Now the memories of you and I are all yesterday, oh yesterday
Now, yesterday, it won't ever come again
Please don't get any farther away
Now the memories of you and I are all yesterday but you already erased it all"
- Yesterday, Dynamic Black
 
 
YONG.
 
"You should know why I called you already, Junhyung," the President of CUBE Entertainment intertwined his fingers as he looked at me with sadness. "I'm not going to give you a good news."
 
Three days after Yoseob's funeral, Soneul was released from hospital. Her parents took care of her as she got herself used to the way she never lived before; to stick with the wheel chair and disabled legs.
 
Meanwhile I was called to the President's office the day after and it's obvious what we needed to talk about: YYY.
 
The public already knew for sure that we lost a member forever and our main dancer was impossible to dance anymore. The possibility of her to walk again on her own feet was somehow really small as well.
 
"YYY can't go on with you only, Junhyung," the President stated what I had in mind. "I'm sorry but we have no other choice. You know that, right?"
 
I closed my eyes, trying to control myself from complicated feeling inside before I murmured unwillingly, "I know."
 
After that day, the official announcement was made. Our fans were disappointed but they are really supportive whenever my work or Soneul's is on publication.
 
No one really knows what happened during the fire incident. No one knows the cause. All they know is we're there to do a survey about music video shooting location and Yoseob was caught in the unfortunate incident.
 
I have no idea where Hyunjoo is now. Hyunmi also stepped down from the entertainment world as she has nothing to do with the incident directly. Who could punish her for having an overprotective brother?
 
Come to think of it, maybe she is having her own hard times as well. Her brother is somewhere unknown and none of us could care about her like how we used to do.
 
Once, Soneul asked me about Hyunmi but I couldn't give her an answer. Therefore our lives go on without Yoseob, Hyunjoo, or Hyunmi anymore.
 
All those happy memories of YYY winning an award again, celebrating parties with our manager, posing with newest style by our fashion stylist... They are nothing but yesterday's hope.
 
And, here I am now, standing in the middle of the snow. My schedule has already finished and I'm free now. Soneul is enjoying dinner with her parents and, although I really want to join them, I have another thing in mind.
 
I return to where I saw what I thought would never be there. It's when I helped Soneul to the car that my eyes wandered around until I spotted someone, roaming around the road with black jacket.
 
He wore a pair of glasses and his hair is slightly brown. He also wore a sweater beanie hat but it's still not enough to make me ignore him like other random walkers who passed by.
 
My curiosity took over and, even though it's almost ten at night, I come here by myself just to find nothing at all.
 
"Of course, you fool, Yong Junhyung," I scoff at my stupidity. "You're just hallucinating. It's impossible for him to be here anyway."
 
I walk to where I saw him standing. He was looking up at a board and, it might sound crazy and delusional, but my heart feels something unusual when I notice what the board is showing.
 
It's a promotional board for G.Na's upcoming new single. It also features Soneul on the cover, one thing that she had not do for the past four months.
 
Could it be...
 
My phone vibrates in pocket, snapping me back to my senses. I quickly answer it, speaking to my younger brother about our plan to have a family dinner tomorrow night.
 
"I've booked it," I heave a sigh, still thinking how crazy I am to believe that I actually saw him this afternoon. "You just need to..."
 
I stop when I notice the same person I saw before crossing the road. My younger brother calls for me but my eyes just follow the person as my inner thought kicks in.
 
"Talk later," I mumble and end the conversation. I rush to follow the person but the light just turns to green, meaning I can't cross the road yet. "Damn it!"
 
From afar I can see the person takes a turn at the corner of the road. I grit my teeth, cursing myself for being too slow.
 
The moment the light turns to red, I run as fast as I can to catch up with him. My breath runs short but when I see him stopping by in front of a music store, I fasten my pace and grab him by shoulder.
 
"Yoseob!"
 
He turns around to face me with suprise expression. He blinks and takes a step back, tilting his head with confusion.
 
It's really him. Though his hair color has changed into a color that doesn't suit him the best; everyone said he looks the best in black color, though he has glasses on, I recognize him right away.
 
"Yang Yoseob!" I hug him, a way to make sure that this is not a dream. "You're alive! It's really you, right? Yah, Yang Yo-"
 
"Wow, wow, hang on a minute," he pushes me away slightly, taking steps backward. He raises his hands up as a sign that I need to back off. "You're mistaken me with someone else, aren't you?"
 
What?
 
"It's me, Junhyung. Remember?" I point to myself, raising eyebrow as I wait for his reaction. "Yong Junhyung, your best friend! YYY!"
 
He frowns, shaking his head slowly, "You must have mistaken me with Yang Yoseob. Many people have done it. Do I look alike with him that much?"
 
"Amnesia," I tell myself out loud. "Right. You must be suffering amnesia after the fire incident. Yoseob, let's g-"
 
"I'm sorry but you're really mistaken me with Yoseob," the guy repeats calmly. He tucks his hands inside of pockets, "I heard the news. Police found his body, remember?"
 
He's right. We did find an unidentified body due to the fire.
 
The person who looks exactly the same like Yoseob is going to leave but an idea crosses my mind all of a sudden. I grab his shoulder to stop him, "Wait!"
 
"What is it?" he sounds annoyed but he stops anyway. "I've told you. I'm not Yang Yoseob!"
 
"Please...," I beg him, staring deeply through his eyes. "Even if you're not him, even if you know nothing about him... I have a favor to ask you. Just one little favor."
 
"What is it?" he asks, trying to be polite towards me.
 
I take a deep breath and speak, "Come to meet me tomorrow. Just for five minutes. It's enough. Here. This is the address. Just... Please."
 
He takes the small paper where I wrote the address of where the music film for G.Na will be taken tomorrow, "What if I don't come?"
 
"I know you will," I pat his shoulder twice, just like what I always did to my only one main vocalist. "I have faith in you."
 
With that, I walk away, leaving him in the middle of falling snowflakes.
 
I don't know if it will do any good but...
 
...I'll do whatever to bring back one good yesterday in my future.
 
One good day where YYY can be together again.
 
Even if it's just one day.