15 Imagine

The Fool Who Loves You
"Though my heart is shaking, though I shouldn't be like this
I'm stealing glances, imagining things
I hate myself for being like this
 
Though I really shouldn't do this
Though I'm being dragged more and more
I can't stop myself from doing it
I don't know what's wrong with me these days
But I just can't help it
I'm sorry
 
I'm being bad, I'm being bad
I'm going crazy"
- Imagine, BtoB
 
 
YANG.
 
The rain hasn't stopped yet when I arrive at our agency building. I rush to the meeting room where Soneul and Junhyung should be waiting for me but they're not there.
 
"Where are they?" I look around but I only find Junhyung's black jacket. They were here. Are they two...
 
"Aish, Yang Yoseob," I scold myself and try to shrug the negative thought away. "Stop being paranoid. Soneul is not that kind of girl. What are you worrying about?"
 
Soneul might have history with Junhyung  but I believe Soneul has no intention of hurting me; she is not going to do lift me up just to throw me down again, right?
 
I take my phone out and try to call Soneul but her phone is off. Did she forget to charge her phone yesterday?
 
"Yes?" Junhyung answers his phone after I waited for seconds. I heave a sigh in relieve and ask where he is, wondering if he can buy me something to eat since I'm really hungry.
 
"Wait. Soneul isn't there?" Junhyung retorts with confusion in his tone. Wait. She's not with him? Then where is she?
 
After a while, Junhyung enters the meeting room with pale expression as if he just saw a ghost. He tells me that he's alright but I have a feeling that he's hiding something from me.
 
"Yah," I stare at my leader after minutes of silence. There is no sign that Soneul will return from wherever she is and Junhyung keeps putting a nervous expression on face. "Did something happen?"
 
Junhyung doesn't answer me but he throws back a question to me, "Where is Hyunjoo Hyung? Maybe she is with him. And where is the event organizer? They're really late. Aish."
 
He stands up and walks back and forth, pressing his phone screen randomly before putting it next to his ear. I was going to stop him and ask him directly if there is something did happen between him and Soneul but I stop when he blurts out a shocking statement in the middle of the conversation with the event organizer.
 
"Eh? We cancelled the appointment? No. It's not possible. We are still waiti-" Junhyung purses his lips, listening to the person on the next line. "Our manager? Are you sure?"
 
I frown, trying to figure out what kind of conversation is happening.
 
"Try to call Hyung," Junhyung speaks when he has closed the call. "Now, Yoseob."
 
Feeling that things are not right, I obey him, trying to call my manager just to end up with voicemail; his phone is inactive, just like Soneul's phone.
 
"I can't reach Hyung," I tell Junhyung who looks deadly pale now. My grip on phone tightens as I try to think of something as fast as possible. "Hyunmi... I'll call Hyunmi."
 
I don't know if she can give us the answer we want since she must be working on her own schedule as another idol's personal fashion stylist today but she's all we have now. I scroll my contact list to find 'Kim Hyunmi' name.
 
Hyunmi picks up her phone with excitement and I feel sorry for being all serious but I can't hide my anxiety, "Hyunmi, where is your brother?"
 
"Eh?" Hyunmi sounds confused with the sudden question. "Hyunjoo Oppa? Isn't he with you for a meeting or something like that?"
 
"He disappeared. We can't reach Soneul either. Do you have any idea where is he?" I turn on the loudspeaker so Junhyung can hear Hyunmi's answer.
 
The next minute feels like a nightmare for me. I don't want to believe what I just heard or, at least, I don't want to think of the worst that might happen but...
 
"He did call me around ten or fifteen minutes ago, saying things like... He... Hyunjoo Oppa will help me... He said... I don't need to worry about Soneul anymore..."
 
Tell me it's just a nightmare.
 
 
YEON.
 
"Are you awake?"
 
The familiar sound rings in my ears when I slowly gain my consciousness back. I squint, trying to open my eyes and figure out where I am right now... or, to be exact, what is happening.
 
I'm in a small room with dim light. There is a window which is covered with a gray curtain and white door. I am sitting on a comfortable sofa... with hands tied together behind my back with a rope.
 
"What...," I try to remember how I lost my consciousness, still feeling dizzy.
 
I was in the meeting room, drowning with guilt after the short conversation with Junhyung. I didn't want to hurt him but I didn't want to lie either; he has the right to know that I am with Yoseob now.
 
Then someone came inside. He looked different from the usual warm person he is. Not feeling any dangerous intention, I ignored him and, the next thing I knew, he covered my mouth with a handkerchief with strange smell.
 
"Soneul, are you listening?" the same voice snaps me back to my senses again and, now this time, my guard is up as I straighten my body and face the owner of the voice.
 
"Hyunjoo Oppa," I slowly move away from my manager who is watching me from right side. He sits on a wooden chair, intertwining his fingers as if I'm an object to observe. "What... Where are we?"
 
He laughs and I shiver upon his laughter. He looks so different that I'm trying to convince myself that this is just a bad dream.
 
"Does it even matter?" Hyunjoo gives me a scary smile. Nearly like a lunatic one actually. "What is it, Soneul? Don't you believe me, your own manager?"
 
Something feels not right. No. Everything doesn't feel right now. His eyes are not what normal people have. His smile hides a meaning that I don't understand.
 
Whatever it is, it's not good.
 
"This is wrong. This is so damn wrong. Why does a manager like me need to trap my own artist in a small, dark room?" he suddenly stands up, walking to the center of the room. "I shouldn't do this. I know. But how could I help it?"
 
"You!" he turns around, pointing to me. "The visual. The maknae. The most beautiful and young one. Imagine that this is a setting for YYY's new music video. Imagine me as your partner instead of Junhyung. Imagine that the world only consists of you and me."
 
With every sentence, he steps closer to me and now he's only a metre away from me, "Imagine me being a bad guy, Soneul."
 
My heart beats out of control due to the frightening atmosphere. This is not a prank. His gaze has shown it. I have no idea what's gotten into him but I only want to run from here, to stay away from this Kim Hyunjoo.
 
Unfortunately I'm not able to do that now. I even lose my voice because of the fear now.
 
"I don't know how I could survive with you around me till now," he takes out something from his pocket. "I'm so sorry, Soneul..."
 
"...but I think I'm going crazy."


__________


Author's Note:

Does anyone expect this twist? ;)

Feel free to drop your comments here; tell me what you think about The Fool Who Loves You this far?
Is the plot too strange? Do I not describe the flow detail enough?

Please feel free to tell me via Twitter by mentioning
@AFFkyuri91 as well!
Thank you for reading. ;)