19 Take Me Away

The Fool Who Loves You
"Holding my breath, I cried
Everything I had was at the end of a cliff
It was dangerous
 
Even if the world turns its back on me and disowns me
Now I'm not afraid because you're by my side
I, I, I know exactly what you'd say
 
Somebody take me away, somebody take me away
Cause I can't take this pain"
- Take Me Away, U-Kiss
 
 
YANG.
 
It feels like my brain has stopped working for a second when I realize that Hyunjoo has the intention to burn down this building along with us and himself
 
I've been telling myself to think straight and calm, knowing that things could be pretty much dangerous since Hyunjoo had came to the extend of kidnapping a girl. But I never thought he would do this far to kill ourselves.
 
As much as I want to unleash my anger towards Hyunjoo, a part of me keeps reminding me that I might be the reason why all of these happened. Hyunjoo just cares about her sister.
 
My heart aches when I see Soneul with her messy short hair. Her hands are tied and she doesn't look good even for the slightest. How much has she suffered and I couldn't save her?
 
I rush to her side and try to take off the rope, "We're not leaving without you. Junhyung! Come on! You heard her!"
 
I wasn't thinking of anything but to save ourselves from this dangerous place. I did notice the strange smell but I was concentrating of looking for Soneul and Hyunjoo.
 
When we almost reached the staircase, I am the first to stop and look for our manager. I see he takes out a lighter and turns it on, "Too late, kids."
 
My eyes widen in shock but, before I could stop him, he has dropped the lighter and the fire quickly finds its way to the gasoline, causing the fire to creep from one side to another within seconds.
 
"Hyung!" I call out for him. "Junhyung, get out from here with Soneul! Now!"
 
Without thinking of anything else, I try to make my way to Hyunjoo. Because of the hot fire, I don't notice that the ceiling is going to break down right when I'm just metres away from Hyunjoo.
 
"No! Yoseob!"
 
Soneul pushes me away from the dangerous ceiling. I am safe but it doesn't need long for me to realize that Soneul takes the danger for me; the ceiling eventually falls on her legs.
 
"Soneul!" both Junhyung and I rush to her. Junhyung takes off his jacket, trying to put off the fire and help Soneul. "Damn it! We need to leave now or we're going to be trapped in fire!"
 
Anxiety kicks in without mercy. Soneul grits her teeth due to pain and it feels like my power has gone to nowhere.
 
"I'll carry you," Junhyung swipes Soneul from the floor, carrying her carefully. His eyes fall on me and, at the moment, there is no way jealousy can get between us. "Yoseob, come on!"
 
I glance at Hyunjoo and the feeling of guilty hits me. He just stands there like a person who has lost everything in life. He stares at me with an expresionless face.
 
When Junhyung has reached the first floor, he calls for me once again and, I will never forget his expression when I tell him out loud, "I'll catch up with you later!"
 
It's dangerous. I know. It's like putting my life at the edge of a cliff but I just can't leave like this. No matter what, Hyunjoo is already like a family for me.
 
Smoke makes my sight blurry and I keep coughing. My breathe becomes short but I finally manage to approach him, "Hyung! Let's leave now! You still have Hyunmi! Remember?"
 
His sister's name brings him back to sense but he still doesn't move. He tosses my hand away and mutters, "Why are you even here, Yoseob? To make Hyunmi hates me till death because I drag you here?"
 
"What should I do to make you believe that I am here because we're friends?!" I raise my tone. I cough and cover my mouth with the back of my hand. "We're leaving, whether you like it or not."
 
I drag him to the staircase and he follows me without a word.
 
Finally. We're going to leave. I'm going to apologize to Hyunmi and Hyunjoo properly. To Junhyung.
 
To Soneul. I don't deserve her love after she suffered like this.
 
Unfortunately I can't do it.
 
My focus has disappeared as the fire has became worse. Smoke causes me to lose my sense. The staircase breaks down because of the fire.
 
It feels hot and burning everywhere.
 
Then everything turns dark.
 
 
YEON.
 
Hurt. I feel pain here and there. I can't move my legs. It even feels difficult to open my eyes but I force myself to do it because I want to know something.
 
Slowly but sure I focus on the room where I'm in right now. I'm in a hospital ward and my eyes find a familiar figure at the door, giving his back to me as he talks to a doctor.
 
I can't hear what they're talking about but I'm pretty sure it's not a good news.
 
Junhyung shakes his head and looks really mad. He hits the wall next to him and shouts, "It's impossible!"
 
I close my eyes again, trying to remember what has happened. Right. I was kidnapped by Hyunjoo for some days. Yoseob and Junhyung came to save me and...
 
Gasoline. Hyunjoo poured gasoline all over the house. When we're going to run, he threw the lighter and fire surrounded the house.
 
My legs... Yoseob was trying to help Hyunjoo and I noticed that the ceiling was going to fall on him. I pushed him away and... Maybe the doctor has given medicine for my legs so they feel stiff now.
 
Then Junhyung carried me but my consciousness betrayed me. I was not in the best condition already due to hunger, thirst, and fear. Smoke made it worse so I fainted before I could even make sure if Yoseob followed us behind.
 
Opening my eyes, I frown with confusion. Junhyung squats down, burrying his face in his hands. The doctor looks at him with sympathy. Is he... crying?
 
"Jun...," I clear my throat but only produces a squeak. I try to call for him even louder until he notices that I'm already awake. "Jun... hyung... Junhyung..."
 
He looks up with pale face. Junhyung stands up and rushes to my side, holding my hand and kisses it, "Soneul... Soneul... You're awake..."
 
He gives me water and tells me that I still need to rest. The police will come later and all he wants is just for me to take enough rest, just like what the doctor told him. My parents are outside to take care of the administration first.
 
"Jun...," I look at him with worried eyes. The question has been in my head ever since I woke up. I was hoping Junhyung would tell me but he didn't. "Where is Yoseob?"
 
His facial expression changes immediately. Silence fills the air and I don't like it, "Junhyung, can you ask Yoseob to come? I just... I just want to make sure he is alright. Is he outside?"
 
No answer.
 
"Jun," I start to be annoyed. "Can we just talk as YYY here? Please. I want to see him..."
 
"I would call him if I could...," Junhyung clenches his fists. He drops his gaze as if he doesn't have the courage to look at me. "If he is outside... If he's out there, I would leave willingly... If only..."
 
He cries. For the very first time, I see Yong Junhyung sheds his tears.
 
"W-What are you talking about?" my voice trembles as tears are ready to fall. "Yah, Jun, don't scare me... He's right behind us, right?"
 
Junhyung shakes his head slowly and murmurs vividly, "He... When you fainted, I only wanted to get out. I was worried sick about you... Yoseob told me to leave first because... I think he wanted to help Hyunjoo Hyung... But he... But they found his body jus-"
 
"No!" I cut his explanation. I don't want to listen to him. I don't want to believe what he just said. "No! What are you trying to say, Junhyung? Yoseob is alright! Let me go out-"
 
I try to stand up and leave the bed but I end up almost falling; my legs don't move along with my body. Junhyung catches me, holding my shoulders firmly, "Soneul!"
 
"Let me go!" I struggle and hit my legs so they would listen to me. "Yah! The medicine is too much! I can't even move my legs! Move. I am going to find Yoseob now."
 
But it's useless. I can't move my legs. Not even for an inch away.
 
"Soneul... Stop...," Junhyung suddenly hugs me tight. He is crying. "Please... It hurts me to see you like this... I'm sorry... I'm sorry that I can't protect you... I'm so sorry..."
 
What is he talking about?
 
"Your legs... The doctor... The fracture is too serious...," he trembles, hugging me even tighter.
 
"Lie...," I whisper with fear. I push him away but I don't have any strength at all. "Lie! Lie! Lie! I still can walk! I still can dance! It's just temporary! Right? Tell me, Jun!"
 
But he doesn't answer. He just cries.
 
And I know it's a 'no'.
 
"Yoseob...," my tears roll down. I can't hold it anymore. I'm begging him with all my left strength. "Please... I want to see him... Please... Yoseob... He will tell me this is not true... Please..."
 
If this is a dream, please wake me up now.
 
If this is reality, let somebody take me away.
 
I can't take these pain.
 
 
__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Twist enough?
Tell me if you feel that something is missing until now.
 
Please feel free to drop comments below or mention me via Twitter @AFFkyuri91
 
Thank you. :)


 
Another twist?
This story just needs some more chapters until the ...
I guess.
I don't know.
What do you think, readers?
* teasing grin * ;)