03 Rain Drop

The Fool Who Loves You
"The road to home is still a long way to go
Without an umbrella, it seems like I'll only catch a cold
If this road takes me back to you
If this is the road, even if I get wet, it's still good
 
Oh rain drop, oh rain drop
Love is so heartless
Oh rain drop, oh rain drop
Love is like raindrop
It coldly drenches me
Will I catch a cold that gives me pain like last time again?"
- Rain Drop, IU
 
 
YANG.
 
"One, two, three, four," I repeat the dance step again for the nth time for the last two hours, moving my hands and legs in sequence, "five, six, seven, eight."
 
Today I spend my day in the dance practice room since the morning. Junhyung is busy composing the new track and Soneul is in the middle of photo session for a magazine.
 
We will perform tonight at a charity event and, since I know that I'm not the best in dancing, I think it's the best time for me to practice the dance steps again.
 
Ever since the trainee days, I never had good grades in dancing and that's also the main reason I almost failed to debut.
 
My vocal is my only strength but that's that. The agency had a really hard time to decide whether I could debut or not with my current skills, considering that I still needed more training.
 
Junhyung is the one who convinced the CEO to let me debut together with him. Soneul also had part back then, saying that she couldn't think of a better singer but me among the trainees.
 
Thanks to them, I finally could debut. To make it even better, I was put in one group with both of them and I couldn't be happier that time.
 
Until I found out what happened between Junhyung and Soneul.
 
"Relax your arms," a voice snaps me back to my senses. I can see Soneul is leaning against the wall through the mirror in front of me. "Try to put more power when you stomp your feet."
 
I turn around and blink with confusion, "Soneul? Aren't you supposed to have a photo session now?"
 
"I finished it earlier," she steps closer and stands right next to me. "Let's try the steps again. Like this."
 
She then does the steps I just did perfectly. I don't blink until she finishes and looks at me, "Try it, Yoseob."
 
I take a deep breath and repeat the dance steps once again for her to see. I'm tired. I really am but I know Junhyung and Soneul are also working really hard as well.
 
Despite the fact that we grow to be really popular in the past eight months, critics also hit us down, saying that we're not a talented group, just the trio who think we can sing, dance, and rap.
 
We try to turn the critics into our motivation to become better in time. I know that we're not perfect. We are not flawless but that's why we never give up.
 
"That's better," Soneul smiles at me sweetly, a smile that never fails to make my heart skip a beat. "Let me change first then we can practice together."
 
She walks to the change room and I just stare at her back in silence. I clutch my shirt as if I'm in pain, "Stop it, Yoseob. You can't fall in love with her."
 
However, whenever I see her smile, my heart betrays me.
 
 
YONG.
 
It's raining heavily outside and I'm waiting alone in my apartment. Hyunjoo is in his way here but the traffic traps him so I need to wait for him.
 
Yoseob has told me that Soneul is with him right now at the dance practice room of our agency building. Hyunjoo has told me that he will pick me up first before picking them up.
 
It's strange how rain can change someone's mood, including mine. I feel lonely suddenly. I am in the middle of writing the ballad track for our upcoming album but I haven't finished it yet.
 
Ever since I wrote the rap part for our first mini album, the agency puts a great expectation on me in writing and composing our own songs. I also participated in many songs with various artists.
 
At first I just wrote the rap part and sang it together with the artists. After two tracks, I came up with a composition of an upbeat song for our second mini album. It's not the title track but fans love it.
 
For this third mini album, the agency expects me to compose a ballad track if it's possible. They don't force me to but I actually take it as a challenge for myself.
 
I never realized how hard it is to compose a ballad track and put the rap part in it. I guess I must give up to compose a ballad track for this time.
 
The rain always reminds me of that day. There is no way I can forget Yoseob's expression when he found out about me and Soneul.
 
Even though half of the year has passed, I still can't forgive myself for giving up Soneul's feeling for me so easily.
 
That's why I can do nothing now but to let Yoseob be with her even though I know Yoseob has a special feeling for her.
 
I return my gaze to the empty paper in front of me. I grab my pen and write down the words in my mind.
 
"I'm sorry, my love
The rain drops are my tears
I cry and I cry but you don't know
I'm sorry for being such a fool
Let my tears fall
And wash away your heartache
Forget me"
 
"I'm sorry, Soneul," I raise my hand and cover my mouth with the back of my hand. "If only we met in different situation."
 
If only.
 
 
YEON.
 
"Ah, it's raining," I look out through the window. "No wonder Hyunjoo Oppa said he will be late to pick us."
 
Yoseob just smiles gently. He hands me a bottle of water since we just finished our dance practice after an hour. we have showered and we're waiting patiently for our manager to come and pick us.
 
Honestly speaking, Yoseob may not be the best dancer but he learns pretty fast and I praise him for the ability. His skill is not in dancing but his power actually lies in his will to enhance himself.
 
"Soneul," Yoseob calls out my name after seconds of silence. "I... I'm just wondering if..."
 
He stops and sighs heavily, "Ah, never mind. I'm sorry. I'm just being random. Sorry."
 
I tilt my head and study his expression. He looks troubled on face and I know he really wants to say something to me but he keeps it inside; he's always been like this.
 
We met two years ago. I was the first who entered CUBE and Yoseob was the second. Junhyung was the last to join after Yoseob asked him to join.
 
We're not really close back then since we took different concentration. While two of them were focusing on vocal, I put my concentration in dancing and I never thought we would be in the same group.
 
The three of us met when we worked as the back up dancers for G.Na, a solo artist in CUBE Entertainment. That's when we became friends.
 
Yoseob has been a really good friend for me. He looks cute in appearance but he is really mature in thinking. He cares about almost everyone and people love him for that.
 
There are so many things happened in the next two years but the the turning point of our lives happened one month before our debut.
 
The memory of that day crosses my mind again.
 
"What am I thinking?" I murmur and look away from Yoseob. I feel like a fool when I remember that day. "There is nothing..."
 
Yoseob takes a step closer to me and looks at me with concern, "Are you alright, Soneul?"
 
I fake a smile and shake my head, "It's nothing. I just feel cold. That's all."
 
Without a word, Yoseob takes off his jacket and puts it on my shoulders. He pulls his hands and smiles, "I don't want you to get caught in cold. Wear that for me, will you?"
 
I feel a tug in my heart as if the cold rain just drop onto my heart.
 
It feels warm and I know it's not because of the jacket.