Chapter 30 - Rejecting a Confession

We Met In A Cafe

 

" Ding dong ding dong ding dong!!!" someone pressed your doorbell continuously. You sat up on your bed in frustration. Your face had this sore feeling after crying yourself to sleep last night.
 
" BANG BANG BANG!" someone who was pressing the doorbell was now knocking your door repeatedly.
 
" Aish. Wait!" you shouted, not that anyone could hear you. You tossed off your blanket as you dragged yourself towards the door and the person never stopped pressing the doorbell.
 
" WHAT?!" you yelled when you opened the door. Sungyeol stood there, smilling down at you. You rolled your eyes and groan in frustration.
 
" Why on earth are you here so early?" you sighed as you walked towards the kitchen, leaving the door wide open for him to come in himself.
 
" I brought your belongings over. I had a hard time packing these." Sungyeol blushed.
 
" Thanks, just leave it at one corner." you said as you fed Moon and Star their dog food.
 
" Yah, I didn't know you had dogs." Sungyeol said.
 
" Do I have to tell you anything?" you asked coldly. You really didn't want to have any bond with any Infinite members after what had happened so this was the perfect time for you to make Sungyeol hate you.
 
" Junnie~ Why so moody today?" he asked.
 
" You are asking the obvious. Your best friend cheated on me." you said, slamming your cup of water on your dinning table.
 
Sungyeol sighed as he sat beside you. " But you look better now!" Sungyeol said cheerfully.
 
" To be honest, I'm not." you said, rubbing your temples as if you were having a headache.
 
" Jeongmal? That guy is my closest friend but he disappointed me too. Don't be sad alright?" Sungyeol comforted.
 
You smiled meekly at his words.
 
" Looks like you cried a lot yesterday." Sungyeol laughed sourly.
 
A sigh came out of your mouth as you looked down towards Moon and Star that was now chasing each other.
 
" Jun Hae." Sungyeol's voice turned serious. You looked up at him and waited for him to continue his sentence. " Myungsoo isn't the only guy out there. Trust me, he lost something he would never ever be able to find in this world ever again." Sungyeol said.
 
" And you're trying to say?" you asked. Somehow, you had a bad feeling in what Sungyeol might say next. * Please don't make him fall in love with me. Woohyun is good enough...*
 
" I like you." Sungyeol said after mustering all his courage.
 
" NEH?!" you exclaimed.
 
" I like you." Sungyeol repeated.
 
" Since when?!" you exclaimed, your eyes close to budging out if its sockets.
 
" Since the time when you lost your way and you came back feverish. The same night, you broke a cup and you cut your hand. That day, somehow, it made my heart flutter. It wasn't just that one time to make me realize I fell in love with you. As our number of skinship increased, I realise I fell in love with you. I, Lee Sungyeol has fallen head over heals for Kim Jun Hae." Sungyeol took a deep amount of breathe as he recited what he memorized yesterday. Seeing that Myungsoo and you were in such bad conditions, he thought that he might as well just confess. So he came out with a number of questions you might ask and how he was going to answer them the night before.
 
There was a long awkward silence until...
 
" LEE SUNGYEOL! DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT'S LOVE HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" you laughed so hard, your stomach was starting to hurt.
 
" I do." he replied, giving an annoyed look. You gave him a are-you-serious-about-this look and he nodded his head violently.
 
" If you love someone, those answers to my questions should come from your heart, not your brain." you said.
 
" THEY DID! I just happened to..." Sungyeol said but he couldn't come out with words to show that all he said came from his heart, deep down inside.
 
" Sungyeol, love has no answers. Love has no reasons. Love, drives a person crazy, so much that they wouldn't even bother memorizing so much for a confession. If you actually did love me, you wouldn't memorize all those cheesy words and wait till today to tell me. You would have told me the day you realize you loved me." you said.
 
Sungyeol looked like he was taken aback for a moment before he responded, with a sigh.
 
" I suggest you think about it Sungyeol?" you asked.
 
" And I thought the main motive for me coming here was to comfort you instead." Sungyeol laughed.
 
" You know, you aren't the first person to confess to me after Myungsoo came back." you said.
 
" WHO ELSE?" Sungyeol asked, clearly shocked that he found another rival.
 
" Nam Woohyun." you said.
 
" You accepted him?" Sungyeol asked softly.
 
" Nope. I still like Myungsoo." you said, biting on your lips to prevent yourself from crying in front of Sungyeol.
 
" So you rejected him like right to his face?" Sungyeol asked.
 
" Sort of. You should leave." you hurried Sungyeol out in case he managed to see you crying. You were not going to show anyone that you weren't strong in this aspect. The moment you closed the door behind Sungyeol, your tears started coming down automatically. * Myungsoo ah, I've been so loyal to you, even up till now. Why are you cheating on my feelings?*
 
Then, your phone started ringing.
 
" Hello, who is this speaking?" you asked.
 
" YAH JUN HAE. SEE WHAT YOU DID!" Sungjong exclaimed.
 
" What?" you asked.
 
" MYUNGSOO HYUNG AND DONGWOO HYUNG ARE FIGHTING VERY BADLY NOW. MYUNGSOO IS EVEN THREATENING THE COMPANY TO KICK DONGWOO HYUNG OUT OR HE WOULD LEAVE INFINITE HIMSELF. " Sungjong yelled. And soon, a loud shattering sound could be heard.
 
" HYUNG DON'T HURT YOURSELF!" you heard someone shout from the background.
 
" Is it all because of me?" you asked wearily.
 
" YES. " Sungjong yelled. Ignoring everything else, you grabbed your phone and ran out of the house with only one thing on mind. 
 
[ A/N okay... The problem is getting more serious now... I don't like writing conflicts:( They make me so stress out! So here's the chapter for today!!! Sorry for not updating yesterday!]