Hongdae

Look At Me

L's POV

I walked the streets of Hongdae at night. I decided to walk around after being shut in my room the entire day yesterday after the argument with Hye Su. I didn't really have anywhere to go so I just went where my feet took me. I stopped and realized that I was in front of the noodle shop that I always went to. Me and Hye Su went to.......

I went in and immediately saw the ahjumma. I faked a smile.

"Oh, hello Myungsoo." The ahjumma smiled, showing her eyesmile.

"Annyeounghaseyo" I politely replied.

"Eh, you came alone." She looked over my shoulder.

My smile tightened. "Yeah"

"Well then, come sit." she led me to a table.

Grateful that she didn't pry into why I was alone, I sat down and ordered the usual. I looked around and spotted a couple. I sighed as they giggled and smiled. Gosh, I sound so depressing...... I looked away and played with my fingers. What am I going to do? She is probably mad at me. Maybe, this was meant to be. She would forget about me and go to Seungri.

I was in such a daze that I didn't notice that my food was here. The ahjumma snapped me out of my daze by placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Is everything alright?" she asked taking a seat across from me.

"Yeah" I faked a smile.

"Aish, you are so bad at acting. Is it about that girl you came with before."

I gave up. "Yes...."

She gave me a look and hit me on the head.

"Ow" I said while rubbing my head. "What was that for?"

"You probably did something wrong, that's why." she said. "I know it when I see a genuine nice girl and she is one of them."

I sat there dumbfounded.

She continued. "When you guys came here, I saw you smile like a pabo the entire time. You guys never took your eyes off of each other."

I blushed.

"I don't know what happened to you guys, but let me say this: If you really love her, never let her go no matter what or you will regret it." She finished, got up and walked away.

I looked at my bowl of noodles while I absorbed everything the ahjumma said. In my mind was nothing, but Hye Su. Do I really have the guts to go after her? I decided. I slapped my hands on the table and got up. I ran out the restaurant and headed home. As I went out the restaurant, I saw the ahjumma give a little 'Hwaiting'.

I went down the street and something in the jewelry store caught my eye.  

L_p0004472895.jpg   L_p0004472895.jpg

It's an L-necklace, but the image doesn't show up. :(

I'm going to need something to say 'sorry' with. I went in the store and asked the salesperson about the necklace. It was a $100.

"I'll take it" I said. I worked a bit before so I had quite a good sum of cash for food and such. I bought the necklace, put it in my pocket and continued going home to be stopped by 5 males. They dragged me to the closest alley and surrounded me.

"Give me the necklace." one of them said.

"Pshhh" I replied smirking. I've been through this before.

"Fine, your life." the one talking shrugged his shoulders while the rest crunched their knuckles.

"Bring it." I spat.

One of them lunged at me and I stepped to the side, kicking him down. Another one aimed a punch at my face, but failed as I ducked. I grabbed his arm which was still outstretched from the punch and pushed his elbow making a crunch sound. He ran away screaming.

2 down 3 to go. Two of them ambushed me. One male put his arms under my arms and interlaced his fingers behind my head. The other punched my stomach and face. I swung my foot to hit the face of the male that was punching me causing him to bend over and I kicked him in the stomach. Then, I head- the person behind me with the back of my head. He let go and I turned around, punching him in the face, kneed his stomach and elbowed his back. The two ran away leaving me 1 more person.

I turned around and saw the smallest male who was also the one that talked earlier. He was leaning against the wall observing me. I lifted my fists, ready for combat. He laughed and got off the wall.

"Well, well, I see your a fighter." he said coming closer to me. I didn't reply.

In a flash, he tripped me and said: "I'm one too." and then stomped on my chest making me lose my breath. "Get up!" he yelled.

I got up and he aimed a punch for my face. I ducked, but to be met by his other fist. I stepped back and wiped my lip which was bleeding.

He laughed. "What happened?"

I lunged at him and punched his face. He retaliated by kneeing me in the stomach and twisted my arm behind my back. I stomped on his foot and elbowed his chest. He let go and high kicked the side of my head, knocking me down. He kicked the side of my body while I was on the floor. I groaned in pain. He turned my body over and stepped on my chest.

"Hand over the necklace." He said.

"No"

He stepped on my chest even harder. I tried to push off his feet, but it was no use. My head was hurting and my sight was starting to get blurry. I can't give up! I looked around for anything I could use and I spotted a wine bottle. I raised my leg and swung it up towards his 'area' and he crouched down in pain. I jumped up, grabbed the bottle and slammed it on the male's head, shattering the bottle to pieces. The male fell down and didn't get up.

I stumbled my way out of the alley and used all my remaining energy to run home even if my body was screaming in pain. It was very dark outside.

I finally reached the house and stumble inside spotting Hye Su's back. She turned around and gasped when she saw me. I collapsed and she immediately went beside me.

"What happened?!" she croaked, shocked with tears b her eyes. I reached in my pocket and took out the necklace. I gave it to her, my hand trembling.

"I'm sorry........." and then I out.