An Afternoon Near The Lake

Since I Met You

Minyoung's POV~

"Ah~ a free afternoon where I can do whatever I want." I said. "Haha, with that ankle? Not likely." Mir said. "Pshh I'm not as weak as I look." I said back. "You look nice today. Your braids look like a character from a cartoon I use to watch when I was small." he said while touching my braids. 

197504_190326664339696_3667816_n.jpg

 

"Yah, do I look like a cartoon character? If so then you look like my neighbor who yells at kids." I  said then we both laughed. "Minyoung, you are so different from other girls." he said. "Is that a good thing? Or a bad thing?" I asked. "It's a good thing, it's just that whenever I'm around you, I feel comfortable and can be myself." he said. A group of girls and boys ran past us and to the lake to swim, I sighed. "Whats wrong?" Mir asked. "Nothing it's just that I really want to swim but can't." I said. "Oh yeah about that story, are you going to tell me?" he asked. "It's a long story though." I said. "We have all day." he said and smiled. "Okay fine. So it started when I was 10, when we went to the beach. That day... I lost my little brother."

 

-Flashback to 7 years ago-

"NOONA~!! I can't wait to go in the water!!" Bon Hwa said to me. He was jumping up and down in the car. When we got there, Bon Hwa was the first one to leave the car. "Bali Bali!" He called after us. "Bon Hwa!! Wait for your noona!!" I said and chased after him. After my mom and dad found a spot to put the things down, me and Bon Hwa went to the waters. "Hehehe this is so fun!" Bon Hwa said with an excited voice. "Yah, don't go to deep!" I shouted as I chased after him. I got tired soon after chasing my brother. "Hey Bon Hwa!! Noona is going to go get some juice." I said. "Araso." He said as I went to my mom and dad. After I finished drinking I went back to go find Bon Hwa. "Bon Hwa!! Where are you at!?" I yelled. Then a lady suddenly said "Omo!! A little boy is drowning!!" I looked at the area she pointed at and it was Bon Hwa. Panic started to build up as I ran towards Bon Hwa. "BON HWA!!! BON HWA!!" I shouted. There wasn't any other choice and the life guards where far away, so I tried to swim. I got near Bon Hwa but I started to drown too. I couldn't see anything or hear anything but bubbles. I started to see darkness, I grabbed Bon Hwa's hand and fell into unconscious. 

-Few hours later-

I was dreaming that I was chasing Bon Hwa. He looked back and smiled at me. "Noona..." he said and then disappeared. Bon...Hwa...! "BON HWAAA!!!!" I shouted and woke up. I saw my mom beside me, "Where am I at?" I asked her. "Honey, you're at the hospital." she said. What? Hospital? What am I doing in the hospital? Aren't we suppose to be at the beach? Then suddenly the memory came back and smacked me hard. And Bon Hwa...BON HWA! "Mom, where's Bon Hwa!?" I asked. "Umm honey...I think you should rest." she said with a worried voice. "No...No I have to see Bon Hwa. To make sure he's safe." I said. Then she took me to a room where people were covered with white cloth. When I went near a bed that my dad was next to, I saw a body covered. My dad was crying and tears were coming from my moms eyes too. I walked towards the bed and slowly pulled the covers. The face...the little boy's face...he looked so peaceful...and then I finally noticed it was Bon Hwa. "BON HWA!!!!!!" I yelled and tears came out  of my eyes. After that I didn't even care about the world anymore. I wouldn't eat, talk, or go to school. Every night I cried to myself in till finally one day my mom told me to come back to my senses. And that Bon Hwa was really gone. 

-Weeks later after the accident-

"Hey Minyoung! Do you want to come to a pool party at my house?" A classmate asked me. "Sure.." I said. At the pool party I just sat there and watched my friends playing. Someone accidently pushed me and I slipped, I tried to swim but the memory of Bon Hwa was so painful I couldn't move. Then I just drowned in till someone saved me. Days, weeks, then years pasted since the accident. 

 

-Back to the present-

 "Yep, so that's my story on how I can't swim." I said as a tear came down. Mir wiped that tear off my cheek and took my hand. He held it as we watched the sun set, neither one of us wanted to talk about it so we stayed quiet. When finally it was getting dark, he helped me get up and gave me my crutches. We walked back to the cabins quietly and we reached my cabin door. "Thanks for spending the day with me." I told Mir. "No problem, and whenever you need a person to talk to, I'm here." He said and smiled. Then suddenly he kissed my cheek and said goodbye. 

 

Mir's POV~

I said goodbye to Minyoung, then I went back to my cabin. After I heard that story about how Minyoung can't swim, it seems like I can really understand her better. When I went inside my cabin I saw Joon there. "Why are you here hyung?" I asked. "Nothing just getting details from G.O." he said. "Details?" I said with a curious voice. "He met a girl. Duh." Joon said. "Really Hyung? TELL ME!! SPILL ALL THE DETAILS!" I said with an excited voice. "Gosh you guys sound like girls." G.O said.