20.

Love That Can't be United

After that incident, Chanyeol and Baekhyun became closer immediately. They had no awkward feelings and such the clumsiness between them anymore. Of course, after they had kissed (it was both their first kiss though) they did not have any feeling that would hinder their relationship and their interactions.

They had their day as usual and there was Chanyeol, who always supported Baekhyun from behind in order to keep him alive and not lose his smile from his beautiful face.

There was not much he could do. However, it meant everything for Baekhyun. Chanyeol always picked him up and drove him to school, making sure Baekhyun was fine at least for now. As they walked to their class, Chanyeol always clutched Baekhyun's hand making sure none of their classmates realized that Baekhyun was injured and his hands were blackened. But the whole school did the opposite. They were avoiding them and whispered as they walked hand in hand. 

They thought Baekhyun and Chanyeol were dating each other and gossip about them spread around fast. Baekhyun would feel very uncomfortable about it and so did Chanyeol. But Chanyeol always made him calm down if Baekhyun got angry.

"I think you're not comfortable with the current gossip so I would advise you to wear a bandage to school tomorrow," Chanyeol said as he let go Baekhyun's hand.

But the day after Baekhyun did not wear the bandage like what Chanyeol said yesterday. He made excuses that he forgot about that thing, but he just wanted Chanyeol to continue holding his hands tightly. Of course the taller boy could not help but grant Baekhyun's wish. 

 

***

 

As time passed, Baekhyun's condition deteriorated and it made Chanyeol increasingly frustrated with what he faced right now. The harsh reality forced him to come home late from school to find a way to heal Baekhyun. He would do anything - anything to make sure Baekhyun continued a happy life.

But what Chanyeol learned in fact did not produce meaningful results. He continued to learn about the ins and outs of "dragon seeds" and how to remove them from someone's body. Stacks of books, varieties of Internet resources, and advice from physicians all gave the same answer: there was no medicine to cure or eliminate the disease, and the patient will end up dying because of blood loss.

Chanyeol then remembered that there was a member of EXO that had the ability to heal wounds. He was not sure if it would work or not, but he strengthened his determination to meet that person.

 

***

 

"Lay? There is someone who wants to meet you," said one of his classmates who went to Lay. He nodded and invited him to sit in front of him. Meanwhile the rest of the room were whispering about Lay's unknown friend; Chanyeol.

“What do you want?” Lay asked the person in front of him. Chanyeol hated small talk so he went to the point.

“I heard you were a healer. I want to ask you about something. Can the "dragon seeds" disease be healed? Or at least, its symptoms alleviated,” Chanyeol said, his gaze serious.

Lay responded him quickly. “No. “Dragon seeds” is a deadly disease. No one can be cure after they enter human's body.”

But suddenly Lay’s eyes snapped open. “What… Wait, don’t tell me it was about Baekhyun...?” he spoke as he realised what Chanyeol meant. The younger but taller boy sighed and his face betrayed his stress about it. He nodded.

“But who dares to makes him suffer like that?!! Tell me who did this to him!” Lay stood up from his seat and half shouted which gained attention from his classmates. Chanyeol just make a dragon sign with his fingers. He did not want to talk too much.

Now everything was obvious for Lay.

 

“…Kris.”

 

***

 

"Hyung, Chen hyung asked you to bring his stuff that you borrowed yesterday," Kai called to Baekhyun but the elder did not respond to him. He rested his head on the table and looked very weak.

"Hyung?" Kai waved his hand but it looked like Baekhyun was unconscious and Kai began to look anxious. He teleported himself and called out his gang to tell them about Baekhyun's circumstances.

"Y-yah, something wrong with Baekhyun hyung!" he said as he led his friends to see Baekhyun. The other kids were just as curious. Then, Kai slowly realised something.

"Kai, look, his hands..." Tao said as he pointed at Baekhyun's hands. "I know about this. This is "dragon seeds" disease."

"Dragon seeds disease?" his friends repeated his words. Tao just nodded and commanded Sehun and Luhan to undress him carefully. "Did you see it? People who are affected by this disease will have some signs of dragon wings on his back. This sign will be widen and become "real" wings soon."

"H-how did you know?" Kai asked.

"I read some books about this. Oh dear God. I was always curious about it… because until now this disease can’t be cured," Tao explained. He was firm, their only authority on the disease.

"Can't be cured?! Then how about Baekhyun?!" Xiumin shouted in disbelief.

Tao just shook his head. "I don't know yet about it. But that person will always suffer because he has to adjust "some part" of his body to the dragon wings... and ... what should I say about this..." The boy covered his face with his hands. He could not continue his sentence.

"What's next, Tao?!" They grabbed Tao's shoulder to make him continue his sentence.

 

"...They'll die."

 

The silence filled the room.

 

"Was it because of that fire kid?!" Chen started to blame this on Chanyeol.

"Is he a 'Dragon'?" Tao asked him back. Sehun shook his head and remembered that Chanyeol was a Phoenix.

"Then who's the Dragon here?"

They exchanged glances with each other because the only one dragon they knew was a person that so known well in the school.

 

"Kris hyung..."

 

***

 

"Are you happy now?" the boy asked to his friend, who had a satisfied look on his face and played around with his abilities. The other one just smirked and kept his focus on his fire.

"Not yet."

"This is just too much. I can't see both of them suffering like that. Baekhyun is our friend! You can't direct your anger to him just because you want to get revenge on Chanyeol!" he said as water appeared from his hands to put out the fire from his friend's finger so they could face each other. The taller boy turned his head.

"Suho, you still don't get what I mean, do you? Hust follow this game and you'll find out the rules. As I said before, my target wasn't Baekhyun, I want Chanyeol." Kris combed his hair through his long fingers.

Suho just shook his head in disbelief, "You want both. Though you said your target wasn't Baekhyun, I can read what's on your mind. You'll be happy if Chanyeol dies, but you'll be happier if both of them die."

Kris chuckled; he really thought that his friend was funny. "Baekhyun just a bonus," he added and stepped out from the class but then Suho called.

 

“If you don't stop this, I will be leaving EXO too."

 

 


comment replies!

BearAlvin - rest in peace then /wave my hand/

milkyexoshinee - let send him to somewhere so he can find peaceful life w/o ing baekyeol LOL

flame_ems - omg waeeee ;___; dont cry /wipe your tears/

teentothetop - omg calm XDD

enggangerti - hi new reader :) hope you liked my story ^__^

eviaaa - next time i will make chanyeol kiss the author

123exotics - okay okay dont cry 3

baconforever - ikr nice scene of them :D

hanniekyu - of course he will!~ ily too bb <3 LOL

loehann -

BAEKYEOLHARDCORE - they are so sweet arent they? 

im doubt because tao wouldnt approve that LOL. yeah i hope so :p

littledragonfruit - because i can :P how if i dont love you back? HEHEHEHE

SapphireSeptember - you liked it?

fckmebyeongari6 -
 wow thankyou~

histoweeeXP - no they werent kissing. chanyeol kissed me :P

qataseo - pls write his name on death note

krispydonut - we're on the same boat XD

eXobum12 - whoa hey thankyou xDD <3

veenago21 - i will cry if they do it for real ;__; /desperate baekyeol shipper/

LittlemissBANA - guess who updated :P

senseirikku - ehehehe thankyou <333

Syifashin - really? do you liked it? ^___^ thankyou so much. yes i also love kris like there's no tomorrow. hate him. i dont think there will be happy ending tho.. :p

seesstar - how about me, you dont love me? ;___;

Xiuyebaek - aww pls dont cry :'( /baby dont kerayyy~/

shineeforever5 - no, it cant be taken out ;___; sorry

iD0ntKn0w - no bacon wouldnt die :) but he will ---------- (sorry i cant explain it rn) :D ehehehehe

baecon - ask lay for it LOL

IshidaMichaelis - oohh its okay :| i was like you too, because of this problems i was thinking to move to livejournal but yeah idk i just likes aff the best :3 and pls dont cry /wipe your tears with my ugly thumb/

fr_unicorn - bacon arent going to die. believe me :D

elenagheo - hiii new readerrrr <3 ^__^ thankyou so much im glad you liked my story :D omg why ;____; if you kill me im going to haunt you everyday /booooo~/

sweetgirl14 - hello im updated ! XD ooh okay okay baby dont cry :'( i can't promise bacon will be fine *lol*

lialia123 - i hope i can keep kris in my pocket so he cant disturb baekyeol moment anymore

eyethelaw - hi hello hehehe thankyou so much i can cry because you love my story omg ;___; pls always looking forward to next chapter ^__^

 

everything is baekyeol and KRIS nothing's hurt.